• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia probe

A lot of posturing gun talk from the agitators up-voted

"Grab your coat, hat, and a rifle. Knock on all your neighbors' doors. We're meeting the globalists at Lexington and Concord once again.

One by land, two if by sea.

1776 MAGA"

If I was on muellers team i would put a nerd into analysing the upvote activity on the_donald to check whether there is coordination by bots controlled by individuals associated or renumeretrd by political operatives. Because it is 100% in the interest of the FSB to provoke civil unrest.
This is an excellent point. t_d is absolutely filled with Russian activists.

Lautaro

FFRGPaO.jpg

Oh shit, Baltar 2020!

avaya

"Grab your coat, hat, and a rifle. Knock on all your neighbors' doors. We're meeting the globalists at Lexington and Concord once again.

1776 MAGA"

If I was on muellers team i would put a nerd into analysing the upvote activity on the_donald to check whether there is coordination by bots controlled by individuals associated or renumeretrd by political operatives. Because it is 100% in the interest of the FSB to provoke civil unrest.

If shit were to kick off, I would posit the Trump voting chickenshits would get summarily rektd.

Ithil

So, what are the limitations of Mueller to investigate trump and co? I assume that even if they find evidence of crimes outside of the parameters of the investigation they can't do anything with it right?

If you look at the mandate Rosenstein gave him, there really aren't any limitations. Any matters that arise from the investigation can also be investigated. So that means if looking into his Russian financial connections uncovers a load of non-Russia related financial crimes by Trump's company, then that is getting investigated too.

It's why Trump is so scared of this investigation, if they start looking at the Trump Organization he is screwed, it's been a completely corrupt company for decades.

I don't doubt collusion occurred, but I believe that Trump believes that however he handled his role in it insulates himself from consequences (I don't believe it actually does, but I believe he thinks that). It's the threat of looking at Trump's finances that scares him because those will be dirty as fuck and implicate Trump himself with ease.

Anyway, this is all a nothingburger and today's news changes nothing. Is everyone forgetting about the certified letter Trump had his lawyers send earlier in the year? #CheckmakeLimousineLiberals

Ithil

What is the original mission? I mean I know it's to establish if and how any member of the Trump team aided in the Russian meddling of the 2016 US elections but those are really tight parameters.

Here is the mandate by Rosenstein:

investigation into "any links and/or coordination between Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump, and any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation".

The latter part is the key. That gives wide parameters, and is also why Mueller is hiring so many attorneys with varied experience in different fields, they have a lot of things to investigate.

chekhonte

If you look at the mandate Rosenstein gave him, there really aren't any limitations. Any matters that arise from the investigation can also be investigated. So that means if looking into his Russian financial connections uncovers a load of non-Russia related financial crimes by Trump's company, then that is getting investigated too.

It's why Trump is so scared of this investigation, if they start looking at the Trump Organization he is screwed, it's been a completely corrupt company for decades.

I don't doubt collusion occurred, but I believe that Trump believes that however he handled his role in it insulates himself from consequences (I don't believe it actually does, but I believe he thinks that). It's the threat of looking at Trump's finances that scares him because those will be dirty as fuck and implicate Trump himself with ease.

OMG, that is devastating. This could go on for Trump's natural life.

alternade

I want to see the following people indicted.

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort
Mike Flynn
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnel
Stephen Miller
Carter Page

Anyone I'm missing?

Kellyanne and hell through Tiffany Trump on that list too

pigeon

Banned
No one knows.

No she hasn't called him out, why would she?

Uh, because she endorsed him for president on national television? If you endorse a white supremacist for president and later regret it, it's probably a good idea to say you fucked up.

Ithil

This pretty much kills any "Because I don't like that he is investigating me" Saturday Night Massacre type firing by Trump. There's no valid reason to fire Mueller and everyone knows it.

The pathetic attempts at claiming there's a conflict of interest are not catching on no matter how much Trump or Sean Hannity try to push them.

Mattenth

Note to readers... what was provided to pool was copy and pasted from WSJ story.

— Jim Acosta‏ (@Acosta) Aug 3, 2017

The WH statement is by Sarah Huckabee Sanders. The first paragraph was indeed copy/pasted from the WSJ article.

Hahhahahahahahahahahaha. OMG. That is so fucking funny.

They seriously plagiarized the news article they're responding to in order to craft their own statement?

Darknight

My god I was skimming T_D and that place is a fucking cesspool.

Its a NeoNazi shit nest. I wish they were all outed for their racist views so that locals could see their true way of seeing this world. Its sick but these "snowflakes" need to have their safe place to act like a bunch of buffoons. Remove the anonymity and they change their act as fast as possible because deep down they know they are wrong.

This news brings me some joy at least. Its really bizarre that they are spinning this like there is something to do with the Clintons and that DNC guy. You have to be F'd in the head to think this way.

Garlador

Everyone knows Trump and his band of fucks are guilty as fuck. It's about being comprehensive and thorough enough to prove it beyond any conceivable doubt, made harder by his title and position.
Precisely this.

No stone left unturned. It's just that this administration is friggin' stone canyon.

KingV

Anyway, this is all a nothingburger and today's news changes nothing. Is everyone forgetting about the certified letter Trump had his lawyers send earlier in the year? #CheckmakeLimousineLiberals

I forgot about that. Wasn't the letter like not even signed? Lol.

Pedrito

My god I was skimming T_D and that place is a fucking cesspool.

Its a NeoNazi shit nest. I wish they were all outed for their racist views so that locals could see their true way of seeing this world. Its sick but these "snowflakes" need to have their safe place to act like a bunch of buffoons. Remove the anonymity and they change their act as fast as possible because deep down they know they are wrong.

This news brings me some joy at least. Its really bizarre that they are spinning this like there is something to do with the Clintons and that DNC guy. You have to be F'd in the head to think this way.

You have to ignore the nazi/racist/bigot shit. The real gems are the threads in which they discuss Trump the man, and how inspiring and brilliant he is. He made them work harder. That got them that promotion. He made them realize that it's time to settle down with a traditional woman. He made them believe that things might be alright afterall. Add to that stories upon stories about naming their first-born Donald, or about their 6-year-old nephew asking for a birthday cake in the shape of a MAGA hat and how proud they were that he got red pilled despite his libtard parents. Just pure gold. So absurdly over-the-top that I still have trouble believing that it's not performance art.

NoName999

Kushner subpoenaed for issuing green cards while the administration takes them away

Federal prosecutors in New York subpoenaed the company of President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner late Wednesday over their use of the EB-5 federal visa program. The program issues green cards to immigrants who invest $500,000 in U.S.-based developments, 85 percent of which are Chinese.

The irony of the subpoena is difficult to ignore. The Kushner family company is in trouble for essentially selling green cards at the same time the Trump administration is pushing a plan to curtail the number of green cards issued each year. The new immigration policy President Trump rolled out Wednesday would crack down on legal immigration in favor of English-speaking, “high-skilled” workers. EB-5 applicants do not have a way of proving their level of “skill,” beyond the ability to finance projects for U.S. developers.

EB-5 visas, also known as “golden visas,” have faced scrutiny for lack of oversight. Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) went as far as to call the program a “magnet for fraud.” In 2015, the Government Accountability Office found that the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (UCIS) did not have sufficient controls in place to identify potential fraud in the EB-5 program or to assess its economic impact. Trump reauthorized the EB-5 program the day before Jared’s sister, Nicole Kushner, pitched the visas to potential foreign investors.

While it isn’t clear what exactly is being probed by attorneys, the subpoena concerns the Kushner Companies development of a Jersey City residential property called One Journal Square. Financing for the property came under scrutiny in May when Nicole Kushner pitched the EB-5 visa program to a group of wealthy Chinese investors while in Beijing, telling the group it would “mean a lot to me and my entire family” if they invested.

Yeah can I have nullpickles and vanityonions with a side of nonexistentfries with my nothingburger? Thnx!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Donald Trump's lawyers are using "But, but, Comey said he wasn't under investigation!!!" as their self-assurance fallback position?

Nevermind he's been out of the loop for 3 months?

Never mind that Comey never actually said that. He basically dodged the questions with lawyerisms like "at this time" and "personally".
Because telling your boss that you're going to nail his ass soon is awkward AF.

NoName999

Sebastian Gorka, Trump aide and Neo-Nazi, to leave White House 'soon'

An adviser to President Trump will be leaving the White House.

A senior administration official says Sebastian Gorka, a former counterterrorism analyst for Fox News who joined the administration as a counterterrorism adviser, will be leaving the White House in the coming days.

The official says that Gorka had initially been hired to play a key role on the Strategic Initiatives Group, an advisory panel created by Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon to run parallel to the National Security Council.

But that group fizzled out in the early months of the administration. Gorka was unable to get clearance for the National Security Council after he was charged last year with carrying a weapon at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.

The official spoke anonymously to discuss private personnel matters. Attempts to reach Gorka by email for comment were not immediately successful.

Oh and can I also have some nilchicken tenders and a large zeromilkshake?

1776 MAGA"

If I was on muellers team i would put a nerd into analysing the upvote activity on the_donald to check whether there is coordination by bots controlled by individuals associated or renumerated by political operatives/Russians. Because it is 100% in the interest of the FSB to provoke civil unrest.

Wasn't Lexington and Concord in 1775?

Oriel

i have always bet on schindler having real sources, ever since the vox article painting them as the unholy trinity because of mench’s fucking insanity, it seems like he’s tried to distance himself while the mench/taylor reacharounds ramped up

I followed him for a while but got fed up with his retweeting Mensch's insanity. I might be tempted to start watching his work again if he ditched the Mensch/Taylor clown show.

Sebastian Gorka, Trump aide and Neo-Nazi, to leave White House 'soon'

Oh and can I also have some nilchicken tenders and a large zeromilkshake?

I guess they got fed up seeing him aimlessly walk around the WH pretending to be working. The guy had no fucking job there!

Edit: ah, somewhat old news. Fucking hell!

Retro

rjinaz

This has been known for a while, glad they're coming after him for it. Wealthy Chinese are doing it to buy real estate in the US to hide their assets overseas. Pretty sure Seattle's been getting positively lousy with empty houses because of it. Was happening in Vancouver too, but I think I read somewhere the Canadian government started to curtail it recently.

Yeah I remember when the story was posted on gaf, actually a lot of people thought it was no big deal. I find the policy disturbing actually. The wealthy get in, coupled with Trump's new push that only the best of the best immigrants get in and they have to speak English.

Hopefully they find something there.

Torokil

I want to see the following people indicted.

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort
Mike Flynn
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnel
Stephen Miller
Carter Page

Anyone I'm missing?

lmao most of you all are going to be severely disappointed this time next spring when Mueller wraps this up.

Top Bottom