• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVC3: She-Hulk and Zero Confirmed

-PXG- said:
Fuck all of you who are hating on the MMX Zero. GBA Zero is ass son. FACT.

THANK YOU. GOD. I have a friend who LOVES the GBA Zero to death and I'm like smh everytime he brings that Zero up.

Johnny Yong Bosch I swear you're everywhere. :lol

vg260

Father_Brain said:
I think he's referring to this supposed leak, which originated on GameFAQS. Not sure which of those characters have been deconfirmed, though.

I hope it's real, because
playable Howard the Duck would be hilarious for the sheer audacity alone
, but grain of salt.

I believe that image is a fake mock-up based on the rumored list that originated here.

JWong said:
Female versions of existing male characters feels kind of a cheap cop out.

Sure, they could have different moves, but the name is too much the same. Next, they'll have some female spiderman or something.

You mean Spider-Woman? Because like She-Hulk, she's a completely different character than her male counterpart and would play entirely different.

jett said:
Probably an early, unfinished roster, but virtually unknown characters like She-Hulk, X-23 and friggin Super Skrull being in the game confirm that the leak was the real deal, not something someone just made up.
Can't be. The Fantastic Four were off the table from the very beginning, Niitsuma confirmed as much. That's why they immediately went with Super Skrull.

This roster would have had to leak during pre-production, before the game was announced, and still be correct otherwise.

"It was early" is not a legitimate excuse.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jett said:
Probably an early, unfinished roster, but virtually unknown characters like She-Hulk, X-23 and friggin Super Skrull being in the game confirm that the leak was the real deal, not something someone just made up.

By the time that leak came out the roster was already pretty much set in stone. In fact its likely the FF were off the table immediately because they'd take up too much room. And its hinted that the FF member that Capcom wanted to use was Human Torch, not Mr. Fantastic.

JWong said:

Sure, they could have different moves, but the name is too much the same. Next, they'll have some female spiderman or something.
both x-23 and she hulk play nothing like their male counterparts

LiK

wwm0nkey said:
Megaman isnt confirmed to be in the game.
Probably the worst kept secret with Tron Bonne and Zero appearing. Maybe they haven't finalized him to show anything yet or just save him for last.

ReiGun

Zero better be as far from his TvC self as humanly possible. Fuck TvC Zero.

Edit: Just watched the She Hulk trailer. Car super alone justifies her being in this game. Glad to have you aboard, Jen.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
HK-47 said:
Zero is the best MM series. Its established fact.
Oh sure, the Zero series is great. But I can see why people don't like the designs. MMZ Zero looks 12 and appears to be wearing tighty-whiteys over his outfit.

Granted, MMX Zero has glowy green robo-boobs...

I'd like to maybe see a composite of both of them. A more svelte MMX Zero that has MMZ's subweapons (Chain Rod, Recoil Rod, Shield Boomerang, etc.) in his moveset.

2&2 said:
I believe that image is a fake mock-up based on the rumored list that originated here.

Eh, splitting hairs. But anyway, if any of the characters in that particular leak have been deconfirmed, I'm not aware of it - someone correct me.

Xater

JWong said:

Spider-Girl > Spider-Woman btw

ReiGun said:
Zero better be as far from his TvC self as humanly possible. Fuck TvC Zero.
But ReiGun, rebalancing a character you're bringing in from another Versus game isn't extremely easy and requires little effort!

I don't see how you can expect Capcom to do all that work making an existing character play better.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
This is why some of you all shouldn't get into certain discussions - how could you people say that that pic was fake? Man I wish that I didn't only get home just now because now it doesn't mean anything to say it now... :lol

And YES the Zero from the right times - Classic Zero. Not a knock against MMZero, I'm talking about the latest stuff that I dislike in looks...

She-Hulk looks fun to use, but her animations look stiff as hell, but I'm surprised that IGN has the trailer in 60fps - that's the first I've ever seen them put up a 60fps video...

jett

D-Member
ShockingAlberto said:
Can't be. The Fantastic Four were off the table from the very beginning, Niitsuma confirmed as much. That's why they immediately went with Super Skrull.

This roster would have had to leak during pre-production, before the game was announced, and still be correct otherwise.

"It was early" is not a legitimate excuse.

Like I said, X-23+Super Skrull+SheHulk = enough evidence for me.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, I figure this is a good place to ask - my girlfriend likes Madame Mirage, Fathom and Wonder Woman (and Batman) quite a bit. I'm thinking of getting her a few comics as a gift - would She-Hulk fit well into that group? Are they similar? I don't really know much about comics at all. :\

jett

D-Member
ShockingAlberto said:
Closing your eyes and covering your ears can make anything a sufficiently convincing case, sure.

:lol Whatever, the leak has been impressively on point.

Well, this is what I think could happen.

With Zero representing the MegaMan X franchise and Tron Bonne representing the MegaMan Legends franchise, will this mean we will get MegaMan classic MegaMan?

th_megaman-taunt1.gif

IN HD? Yes.

Edit: Anyone notice She Hulk having a flash kick? Oh shitttt.

ReiGun

ShockingAlberto said:
But ReiGun, rebalancing a character you're bringing in from another Versus game isn't extremely easy and requires little effort!

I don't see how you can expect Capcom to do all that work making an existing character play better.
I know. I can't believe I even expected them to try. :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Father_Brain said:
I think he's referring to this supposed leak, which originated on GameFAQS. Not sure which of those characters have been deconfirmed, though.

, but grain of salt.

Disconfirmed decisively by kensk I believe.

jett said:
:lol Whatever, the leak has been impressively on point.
Except for where it's not, which you've already said you're going to ignore because it hurts your argument.

But this has already devolved in to laughing smilies, which means it's too stupid for me to be involved with anymore. So, I guess you're right or something.

jett said:
Like I said, X-23+Super Skrull+SheHulk = enough evidence for me.

Those really aren't too hard to guess if you really think about it from a popularity/move potential perspective though. They're GOOD guesses but not impossible.

haunts said:
she-hulks move set reminds me of el fuertes a bit.

I like how she's got a kinda wrastlin move set, that with her cheesy voice is pretty funny. The should've announced Mayor Mike Haggar along with her, though.

robot

Would've loved Protoman instead but god damn Zero is lookin awesome. I liked him in TvC but didn't play it as much as i hoped. This game is looking to be completely out of control fun, really like the presentation and before match chatter.

Lyphen said:
So, I figure this is a good place to ask - my girlfriend likes Madame Mirage, Fathom and Wonder Woman (and Batman) quite a bit. I'm thinking of getting her a few comics as a gift - would She-Hulk fit well into that group? Are they similar? I don't really know much about comics at all. :\
Start with She-Hulk vol. 1: Single Green Female by Dan Slott/Juan Bobillo and see where that leads. At her best, Shulkie's a lot less serious than your typical superhero fare and the kind of character who enjoys what she does.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Lyphen said:

She Hulk is more of a comedy character in her stand alones. So she isnt like Wonder Woman.

Kimosabae

Banned
Fuck, man. I don't wanna hate on Zero or his fans, but I'm going to feel an empty pit in my stomach if there's no Mega Man. I'm not even a big MM fan, but it just won't feel like a versus game without him. In fact, the roster in general doesn't sit that well with me for some reason.

Kimosabae said:
Fuck, man. I don't wanna hate on Zero or his fans, but I'm going to feel an empty pit in my stomach if there's no Mega Man. I'm not even a big MM fan, but it just won't feel like a versus game without him. In fact, the roster in general doesn't sit that well with me for some reason.

There's no way megaman won't be in this.

LiK

Kimosabae said:
I wouldn't worry, took them a while to announce Spider-Man who was an obvious choice. MM will be in, imo

Kimosabae said:

How is there not going to be MegaMan? He's a very iconic Capcom character. Too iconic, even. He will be in the game, but the version of MegaMan that will be included is up for speculation.

You could go the route of saying it will be Volnutt because of all the Tatsunoko models present in this game, or you could also ask yourself, "Why are they keeping MegaMan a secret for so long?" Possibly this could mean that they are utilizing another MegaMan version. We'll see.

Kimosabae said:

Megaman not going in is as stupid as a notion as those guys who thought Spider-Man wasn't going to be in because they hadn't shown a trailer as yet.

I really hope it's a 3D version of the classic Megaman from MvC1/2 with the more streamlined moveset of Rock Volnutt from TvC. After playing that game, going back to MvC Megaman is such a pain because of those stupid powerups.

Pai Pai Master said:
I really hope it's a 3D version of the classic Megaman from MvC1/2 with the more streamlined moveset of Rock Volnutt from TvC. After playing that game, going back to MvC Megaman is such a pain because of those stupid powerups.

LEAF SHIELD-O!

ElyrionX

They put fucking She Hulk over someone like Gambit? WTF is this? Lame spinoffs of cool superheroes are character worthy now?

Raw64life

Father_Brain said:

, but grain of salt.

No idea if it's real or not but I'm clinging to this one being real just because I'd love for Thanos to be in. Lame that most of the female Marvel characters would just be female Hulk, female Spider-Man, female Wolverine, etc. though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot. I think she liked a Deadpool trade that featured the lead and Hercules in some sort of maze run by what seemed like a lame Riddler copy. So, she may not mind some light hearted fun.

Top Bottom