• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I need to incorporate the sweat rag some how.
image.php
iwxEvA1970Srz.png

Pony anatomy, how does it work?

$200

Banned
Went to watch Skyfall earlier and saw several posters of ponies (with those crappy Hasbro vectors unsurprisingly) at the cinema.

Apparently they will be hosting some pony parties throughout December where they will be showing some episodes. Won't have anything new there as far as I know, plus you have to bring a kid to be able to join, so I guess we aren't really welcomed anyway.

http://www.hoyts.com.au/movies/details/my_little_pony.aspx

Went to watch Skyfall earlier and saw several posters of ponies (with those crappy Hasbro vectors unsurprisingly) at the cinema.

Apparently they will be hosting some pony parties throughout December where they will be showing some episodes. Won't have anything new there as far as I know, plus you have to bring a kid to be able to join, so I guess we aren't really welcomed anyway.

http://www.hoyts.com.au/movies/details/my_little_pony.aspx

You can always buy a kid to go. Oh pardon me, that only works with hobos.
You can always use a small cousin.

Also is it just me or does Babs remind you of this background pony

Babs_Seed_in_One_Bad_Apple_Clip.png
Candy_Mane_id.png

Just darker colors overall.

Could be the big sister they mentioned. Get on it, artists and writers.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'll give a non spoiler impression.

It was alright. It seemed a little too by-the-numbers rather than doing anything to stand out. Characters seem to just embody their most stereotypical qualities, and the nuances are gone. I think they were trying too hard to please the expanded fanbase.

In the end, it's the first issue and hopefully will get better.

Small format and story spoilers.

I know it's a comic, but I would have preferred a single story arc in the issue rather than a cliffhanger. I also hope it has more slice of life stuff.

Chuck

Still without luck
Taking a quick poll; who here bought the six copy MLP FiM #1 pack? The pack the comes with the six different covers.

box.jpg

judhudson

Awesome, so I got the boxset signed and a few extra copies for friends signed. Andy is a real cool dude, and hardly anyone was there, so we were chatting for a few minutes about the comic and his background.

Even gave him a Pinkie Pie Christmas ornament as a gift. Best part, he asked if I could bring out my Rainbow Dash mascot costume (mascot, not furry) that I rebuilt early this month for his Pony Party event on the 15th. So I get to help with that ^_^

rainbow_dash_fursuit_costume___upgraded_by_judhudson-d5m16l6.jpg

Chuck

Still without luck
Awesome, so I got the boxset signed and a few extra copies for friends signed. Andy is a real cool dude, and hardly anyone was there, so we were chatting for a few minutes about the comic and his background.

Even gave him a Pinkie Pie Christmas ornament as a gift. Best part, he asked if I could bring out my Rainbow Dash mascot costume (mascot, not furry) that I rebuilt early this month for his Pony Party event on the 15th. So I get to help with that ^_^

Sounds awesome.

Although, i'm curious what this difference is between a mascot costume and fur suit...

ThomasLight

Neo Member
eac.gif

Edit:
Sounds awesome.

Although, i'm curious what this difference is between a mascot costume and fur suit...

I've been trying to figure it out myself, but I think to be a mascot costume you have to be an actual mascot. Paid to do shit in the costume.

I think people use fur suit a way that is more specific than it really is. It's a cosplay while wearing a full body suit made with furry material in general, not just a suit made for certain acts. But I'm just a furry, so what do I know.

rainbow_dash_fursuit_costume___upgraded_by_judhudson-d5m16l6.jpg

Not furry at all, nosiree

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Sounds awesome.

It's not a fursuit until you play Dance Dance Revolution while wearing it.

(It's actually more of a difference of semantics and intent, a mascot costume encompasses a larger selection of costumes then fursuit. It's like people who lump kemono and kemonomimi in with furries: there are technically differences, but it matters little to one who is an outside observer.)

Yes I know not all DDRers are furries

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's not a fursuit until you play Dance Dance Revolution while wearing it.

(It's actually more of a difference of semantics and intent, a mascot costume encompasses a larger selection of costumes then fursuit. It's like people who lump kemono and kemonomimi in with furries: there are technically differences, but it matters little to one who is an outside observer.)
Just because Fuji Apples are different from Braeburn Apples doesn't mean they aren't both Apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom