• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_medffmdskk1ruo7yvo1_1280.jpg

Kinda mulling it over in my head today, even though the end felt rushed and kind of thrown in there, I can see Trixie being the sort of pony coming to grips with what the amulet did to her and trying to rectify it. Kinda like Luna and Nightmare Moon on a smaller scale. It makes me hope for a Luna Eclipsed type episode maybe for Season 4 with Twilight and Trixie being forced to work together with Trixie picking up on the lessons Twilight has learned. Sure there are probably loads of fans who already had this idea since Season 1 but I think it would build off the conclusion nicely.

akira28

When I saw that scene I thought, "Man, that must really hurt. They're holding her up by just her hair."

Well she is a magical pegasus so they have air-floaty anti-gravity powers already, so she probably didn't weigh all that much.

Also, are the artists trying to bring back the pony sock craze?

tafer

Eh, aren't unicorns way too overpowered in this universe? Seriously, the other "races"(?) seem to be quite limited in comparison. Poor earth ponies have nothing going for them.

I wonder if this will be address at some point in the future, considering that the CMC are a mixed group, it could be an interesting story.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Surprised the fandom machine hasn't made more art of the Saddle Arabian's yet. Hope they come back at some point. Seems a pretty detailed new design to throw away on 5 seconds of screen time.

Saw something about this having commentary, does it?

Shout Factory was quite proud of all the commentary tracks. Mine is Shipping Soon on Amazon.

Surprised the fandom machine hasn't made more art of the Saddle Arabian's yet. Hope they come back at some point. Seems a pretty detailed new design to throw away on 5 seconds of screen time.

I was thinking the same thing. Seemed incredibly odd. But then look at DJ P0N-3.

LuffyZoro

Review of the DVD set.

I threw this into my DVD player expecting a short behind the scenes look at the show with one or two DHX staffers and a voice actor. I also expected it to be heavily regulated. Boy was I wrong.

We have over two hours of commentary across six specific episodes, each picked for their influence on the season as a whole. As for the people actually involved, right from the start two of guys straight from Hasbro Studios (Brian Lenard and Robert Fukes) join Jayson Thiessen (Supervising Director), Cathy Weseluck (Spike), Andrea Libman (Pinkie/Fluttershy), Tabitha St. Germain (Rarity), and Nicole Oliver (Celestia/Cheerilee) to give their insights into the two episode pilot. Everything from the design of the intro sequence to the creation of the ponies themselves are picked apart scene by scene with more under-the-hood observations than all the interviews we have ever listened to combined!

On disc two, they explore Winter Wrap Up, and invite even more major players. Art director Ridd Sorensen gives us bits and pieces on all the little intricacies that go into actually building a living, breathing Equestria , Daniel Ingram to discuss the music (including the season's first major song), and Wootie for the creativity factor (and wacky factor, but we expect that from Wootie now right?)

This continues on for three more episodes, including Show Stoppers, Suited for Success, and Best Night Ever. Needless to say, its jam packed in both talent and commentary for all of us to drool over. There were things I never even would have noticed had they not pointed them out, and a surprising amount of shout-outs to our favorite background ponies from the Hasbro Studios duo.

Everything else is what you would expect from a compilation like this. All 26 episodes spread out across four discs.

So should you buy it? Hell yeah you should buy it. Even if you already own all the episodes across multiple devices, the huge amount of commentary is enough to make it worthwhile, and supporting this will hopefully get us some season two commentary love in the future!

Well that's embarrassing, I accidentally pre-ordered another copy of the Season 1 boxset (forgetting that I had done it much sooner).

What to do... What to do....

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Review of the DVD set.

Is it weird that I expected Audio commentary for all the episodes? All my Simpsons DVDs and Eureka DVDs did it for all of the episodes.

At least the commentaries are well done. A lot of neat details and viewpoints without taking the whole thing too seriously. I just wish there were more of them.

I lucked out and met a casual pegasister yesterday. She bought a Rarity toy. I picked it up and mentioned "I love her." She mentioned her daughter watches it because she makes her. When I asked what her favorite was, she said "the one who can fly", "the one who thinks she's the fastest". Yeah, if you don't know the name Rainbow Dash, I'm not going to mention my favorite is the one who's only been in 4 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom