• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Acerac

Banned
The clip posted from the new season seems pretty awesome. I was worried about whether the show would maintain it's quality (and I still am) but it seems that the show is in good hands. :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Faust may be gone, but the dedicated crew that she developed and worked with are all still there. I have no doubt that this season will be great.

Narag

Pancakes said:
Faust may be gone, but the dedicated crew that she developed and worked with are all still there. I have no doubt that this season will be great.

Dastardly Jerks seem proud of what they've done. I hope he resettled fine.

I'll make one off-topic post just to say I'm glad to see this thread back. Thanks to the mods for being so reasonable!

Also, S2 preview on Wired looks great.

Snaku

Banned
duckroll said:
I don't really believe that. She was supposed to have "overseen" season 1 too. But aside from the scripts she wrote, the quality of drama seemed pretty inconsistent. The finale was disappointing. :(

That's because it followed Party of One. Anything short of a Luna episode would have been a disappointment.

Neki

Snaku said:
That's because it followed Party of One. Anything short of a Luna episode would have been a disappointment.
you're my new favourite poster.

also, the first two episodes of Season 2 were supposed to be the finale? would have made so much more sense that way.

jogarrr

Amibguous Cad said:
Not off to a good start on keeping this completely Season 2 related.

Anyway, I'm curious to see how the lack of magic and flying will play out in the new episodes. Wouldn't be surprised to see some soul-searching by Dash and Twilight once they've lost what makes them special, and I'll be curious to see if Discord plays on that at all.
I was focused on Dash losing her ability to fly, didn't even think of Twilight. I expect her to completely lose it trying to cope with the loss of her magic.

I sure Fluttershy won't mind at all though. :p

Snaku said:
No, the preceding episode has nothing to do with why the finale was disappointing. It was just a lackluster episode, which is made even worse because it's the season finale.

Uchip

Banned
why do people like luna? she was in it for 2 episodes and never did anything of interest other than be stereotypically evil?

Narag

Uchip said:
why do people like luna? she was in it for 2 episodes and never did anything of interest other than be stereotypically evil?

Blank slate so people can characterize her however without being "wrong"

Neki

Uchip said:
because she's so dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. and underloved, people love loving stuff that needs a friend and home!

Snaku

Banned
Master Milk said:
No, the preceding episode has nothing to do with why the finale was disappointing. It was just a lackluster episode, which is made even worse because it's the season finale.

uBtdr.gif

Uchip

Banned
Narag said:
Blank slate so people can characterize her however without being "wrong"

so then an episode about them will probably ruin peoples fantasy
doesnt sound like people like the actual character, but the lack of one

Neki

Uchip said:
so then an episode about them will probably ruin peoples fantasy
doesnt sound like people like the actual character, but the lack of one
fine by me, the sooner we find out that Luna is either awesome or evil, the earlier we can move onto more important things like when people will realize how much of a jerk Trollestia is.

dream

So basically this is the worksafe thread and the other one is where the more unusual desires are expressed?

Neki

dream said:
So basically this is the worksafe thread and the other one is where the more unusual desires are expressed?
no, this thread is about Season 2. the intricacies and subtleties that can't be seen without rampant discussion, like how Pinkie Pie is probably going to be the strongest character in Season 2 because in Season 2 (spoilers)
everyone loses their wings and horns in Season 2, at least, for an episode
so Pinkie Pie will still have her time altering and movement abilities!

Ashenai

Neo Member
Ultimoo said:
no, this thread is about Season 2. the intricacies and subtleties that can't be seen without rampant discussion, like how Pinkie Pie is probably going to be the strongest character in Season 2 because in Season 2 (spoilers)
everyone loses their wings and horns in Season 2, at least, for an episode
so Pinkie Pie will still have her time altering and movement abilities!

It would be amazing if that lasted for the entire season, or at least longer than the first two eps, but of course there's no way it will.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pinkie
lost her sense of humor and/or wackiness
, though. It would be The Saddest Thing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Subscribing the shit outta this thread. Hopefully it goes better than the last attempt.

Lauren Faust's absence from the series will worry after this season. STILL HYPED MOFOS
duckroll said:
Is Faust writing any of the episodes this season at all? Or is he gone from the project for good? When is Luna returning? Or has that plan been scrapped too? I need to know! :(
duckroll it's great to see you back. And yes, there will be plenty of Luna!

Also Faust is a she.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
UberTag said:
Incidentally, John de Lancie is an inspired bit of casting. Hope to have the opportunity to meet him at a convention sometime.

Met him at a Trek convention once. Very classy guy.

BY2K

Membero Americo
What's going on? Didn't this thread have like 10 or so pages? Then a minute ago it had 3, now 2.

Are mods deleting that much posts or am I going crazy?

Negator

I can't believe we'll finally be having Season 2 in a mere FOUR DAYS!

For the love of pony, I need a Luna episode.

survivor

Banned
BY2K said:
What's going on? Didn't this thread have like 10 or so pages? Then a minute ago it had 3, now 2.

Are mods deleting that much posts or am I going crazy?
A new thread was made today. It had 3 pages, but then duckroll deleted all the trolling posts.

Scarecrow

Pleasantly surprised they made Discord a quirky trickster character as oppesed to a stereotypical dark villain.

I was hoping that Discord
was more along the lines of Scar or Steele... you know, sarcastic and sly. Not something like Hades. =(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wolf Akela said:
I was hoping that Discord
was more along the lines of Scar or Steele... you know, sarcastic and sly. Not something like Hades. =(

I would agree if not for John De Lancie. You just can't go wrong with him as an antagonist.

Jenga

Banned
survivor said:
A new thread was made today. It had 3 pages, but then duckroll deleted all the trolling posts.
the truth isn't trolling

but to appease the mods, what's your favorite pony

Acerac

Banned
Complex Shadow said:
but season 2 hasn't even started yet.
There have been images and a clip posted from season 2, and there is always room for speculation.

That being said, I think that given the rules set down for this thread it would have been better to wait until the season started to repost it.

blamite

So, uh..... how about some Season 2 speculation time!?

Based on the preview, I'm guessing Discord is planning on turning the Mane 6 against each other to get the to forfeit his "game", so he turns the pagasi and unicorns into dirt ponies so they piss off AJ/Pinkie Pie by complaining how much it sucks to be a dirt pony. Some other stuff happens, everyone is about to split up, and Luna come in and convinces them all to stay together. Or something. (They've got to work her in somehow, and another story episode could work, right?)

blamite said:
So, uh..... how about some Season 2 speculation time!?

Based on the preview, I'm guessing Discord is planning on turning the Mane 6 against each other to get the to forfeit his "game", so he turns the pagasi and unicorns into dirt ponies so they piss off AJ/Pinkie Pie by complaining how much it sucks to be a dirt pony. Some other stuff happens, everyone is about to split up, and Luna come in and convinces them all to stay together. Or something. (They've got to work her in somehow, and another story episode could work, right?)
I'm hoping for something like that except for the Luna part. I'd rather have them work it out on their own except for Luna becoming the deus ex machina character.

I can't wait to see how Discord messes with them personally, when they're all split up, it's bound to happen, being in a giant hedge maze and all.

Sciz

Uchip said:
Logically, the co-god empress of the land who's been gone a thousand years and went through a redemption at the hands hooves of the main cast (and who probably has a ton to learn about friendship herself) should be an enormously important character.

Instead, she got two lines and was never seen or heard from again. Suffice it to say there's a lot of potential that hasn't been capitalized on yet.

I'd put good odds on her showing up in this initial two-parter. If she's going to be reintroduced anywhere, another story about the elements of harmony is the place to do it. Plus there was some confusion back near the end of season one when it was first announced that we'd be seeing more of her in the future, and we know that this two-parter was produced with the rest of the first season's production order. So I'm guessing that she shows up in it somewhere, and they had to clarify that Luna wouldn't be reappearing until season two because they themselves didn't find out that the Discord story was being held back until the end of the season was coming up.

Plus she has a unique design, and the fans are nothing if not rabid for ponies with even the slightest of distinguishing features.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I was wondering. How is it that the princes is the only pony that is both a Pegasus and a unicorn. Is that like a requirement to become ruler? Is this gonna be touched on in season 2 at all?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Complex Shadow said:
I was wondering. How is it that the princes is the only pony that is both a Pegasus and a unicorn. Is that like a requirement to become ruler?

magic...?

Probably something that won't ever be explained.

Neki

Complex Shadow said:
I was wondering. How is it that the princes is the only pony that is both a Pegasus and a unicorn. Is that like a requirement to become ruler? Is this gonna be touched on in season 2 at all?
cross-breeding ponies, just like pokemon!

Ashenai

Neo Member
Complex Shadow said:

Luna is also an alicorn, so there's two of them. I think Faust said something on this earlier: alicorns represent all ponies, so they have the attributes of all three types. (No, I don't know what it means to have the attributes of earth ponies either.)

Neki

Ashenai said:
Luna is also an alicorn, so there's two of them. I think Faust said something on this earlier: alicorns represent all ponies, so they have the attributes of all three types. (No, I don't know what it means to have the attributes of earth ponies either.)
earth ponies: high strength, low intelligence, mediocre agility?

Ashenai

Neo Member
Ultimoo said:
earth ponies: high strength, low intelligence, mediocre agility?

Pinkie's not that strong, though, and she is reality-defyingly fast (when it's funny, anyway.) Also, one time she designed and constructed a flying machine out of nowhere. vOv

Acerac

Banned
Ashenai said:
Perhaps their having attributes of dirt ponies is there to tone down how awesome the combination would be otherwise. Pegasus + Unicorns = Amazing pony. Dirt ponies would water down this otherwise ridiculous mix.

I'd love for this to be touched on in the new season. Though I doubt they'd outright say that the dirt ponies are there to dilute the awesome, the fact that Celestia and Luna are unique can surely be expanded upon.

Top Bottom