• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Ashenai said:
Pinkie's not that strong, though, and she is reality-defyingly fast (when it's funny, anyway.) Also, one time she designed and constructed a flying machine out of nowhere. vOv
Pinkie is not the same as the other ponies.....let's just leave it at that. I really want another pinkie ep in season 2. Non of that "we shouldve trusted her all along." crap.

Neki

Ashenai said:
Pinkie's not that strong, though, and she is reality-defyingly fast (when it's funny, anyway.) Also, one time she designed and constructed a flying machine out of nowhere. vOv
wouldn't call Pinkie your typical Earth pony though. we're talking Applejack levels right now.

Neki

Complex Shadow said:
Do we have to keep calling them earth ponies? Didn't the show expand on this at all in season 1?
I could call them fallen ponies, but that doesn't suit them really.

Acerac

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
Earth ponies have the most integrity. Who's more honest than AJ and Pinkie Pie?
I was about to say all the ponies who don't lie, but in hindsight none of them are overly honest, are they? You'd think the element of honesty wouldn't lie, but we're all familiar with the Pinkie/AJ interrogation gif. Perhaps in season 2 she'll figure out how to tell the truth consistently, but from everything we've seen she is like a pony version of Walter White.

brian577 said:
We're not even gonna last a week are we?
Nope! We really should have waited until the second season started.

*Edit*

Ah yes, the topic is back, it would be a good time to restore my pony avatar in celebration. :)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ashenai said:
Pinkie is Lauren Faust's own Marie Sue.

Orcastar

And we're back, yay.

So I succumbed and watched the Discord clip. He seems like an interesting villain, but I hope he doesn't just end up being a goofy trickster that Celestia and Luna sealed away for the sole reason of being annoying. I mean it's great he's not just a sterotypical absolute evil villain, but he needs to have some evil in him and some kind of motivation for being that way.

Orcastar said:
And we're back, yay.

So I succumbed and watched the Discord clip. He seems like an interesting villain, but I hope he doesn't just end up being a goofy trickster that Celestia and Luna sealed away for the sole reason of being annoying. I mean it's great he's not just a sterotypical absolute evil villain, but he needs to have some evil in him and some kind of motivation for being that way.
Personally I'd love to see a decent 'trickster' type character, but I don't really have much hope for that if they don't have someone named Greg Weisman working on the show... Hopefully they prove me wrong though.

Acerac

Banned
DeadPhoenix said:
Personally I'd love to see a decent 'trickster' type character, but I don't really have much hope for that if they don't have someone named Greg Weisman working on the show... Hopefully they prove me wrong though.
It's the guy who played Q doing the voice acting. I've never even seen an episode of Star Trek and I know (a bit) about Q.

At any rate he should be far more of a villain than Luna was.

Acerac said:
It's the guy who played Q doing the voice acting. I've never even seen an episode of Star Trek and I know (a bit) about Q.

At any rate he should be far more of a villain than Luna was.
I'm not much of a Star Trek fan myself, but from what I have seen, Q is one of my favorite characters, so that fact does make me a bit more hopeful.

If he's a cartoon version of Q, everyone should be satisfied.
I wish, but I get the feeling Discord is a straight up villain of some kind which doesn't sound too much like Q too me.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
I also gave into the temptation and watched the clip on wired. I expected the character design (it was hinted at in the released screencaps), but I was pleasantly surprised by his writing. Those were great references to Rainbow Dash's line from episode 1 and Applejack in Fall Weather Friends. I'm not much of a Star Trek fan either, but from what I've seen I'm sure John will nail the voice. Has this thread had much speculation about the stained glass windows yet?

Theonik

3 days to go Season 2 omigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
betting ten ponies on discord being presented as sort of a 'celestia' for the forest/monster menagerie.

after all, the everfree forest is that unnatural place where the seasons change by themselves, plants grow without magic and all sorts of crazy things happen! magical and flying ponies might just be seen as cheaters in the eyes of such a places guardian. :3

plus he's a patchwork of a whole bunch of different creatures we've seen and not seen. >_>
Complex Shadow said:
Do we have to keep calling them earth ponies? Didn't the show expand on this at all in season 1?
dirt ponies.

Acerac

Banned
Just wiki'd the actor and apparently he also played
the father of Jane Margolis, Jesse's girlfriend
from Breaking Bad. I was just catching up with the show (up to season 3 now) and had no inkling it was the same guy. Great show, for those who've not been keeping up with it.

I suppose he's not typecast in to consistently goofy roles. o_o

UberTag

Not sure when new episodes are planned to be rotated in but it would appear that My Little Pony FiM's new schedule in Canada on Treehouse TV is the following:

Wednesdays at 6:30pm
Wednesdays at 9:30pm (yeah, they have two unique episodes on deck tonight)
Mondays at 5:30am

I'm leaning towards the premiere airing next Wednesday. Would have been nice to get these first seeing how they're done in Vancouver and all but no such luck.

Also, if someone wants to whip up a quick Belle Eve avatar for me with my UberTag logo in the upper-right corner similar to how Acerac is showing his loyalty for Rainbow Dash that would be swell.

blamite

UberTag said:
Also, if someone wants to whip up a quick Belle Eve avatar for me with my UberTag logo in the upper-right corner similar to how Acerac is showing his loyalty for Rainbow Dash that would be swell.
4dEJ4.png

Is this okay? Just put it together in GIMP. Nothing fancy though.

On the topic of Season 2, since we're getting Q as Discord, what do you guys think about using other well known guest voices for characters of the week? Is that a possibility even?

jogarrr

Quinnjaminn said:
Has this thread had much speculation about the stained glass windows yet?
I hadn't seen these yet. You mean this: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/ponies-gasping.html ?

I assume the one with the puppet strings is signifying that Discord is a great manipulator of ponies. It's strange that they all show Discord except for the one depicting the ponies blasting what appears to be Nightmare Moon. That could just be a reference to the season 1 openers but it's certainly odd considering all the rest show Discord. I'm gonna guess that Discord is the reason Luna fell to the dark side.

The rest show Discord with Celestia and Luna/Sun and Moon. Hmm.. Maybe we'll see a Nightmare Sun. That would be awesome.

Theonik

Ookami-kun said:
Speaking of episodes, still no news on BR or DVD releases?
Target(?) has some on DVD to market part of the toys line. Total rip-off. Apart from that no.
Which sucks.

kunonabi

I asked before but I think my post got lost in the shuffle with all the posts in community so I'll request a again: Can I get a Belle with a towel around her shoulders and a toothbrush in her mouth or floating? If you could squeeze a Pro wrestling championship belt that be awesome. The towel and the toothbrush are the main points of interest though. Thanks in advance.

Ashenai

Neo Member
kunonabi said:
I asked before but I think my post got lost in the shuffle with all the posts in community so I'll request a again: Can I get a Belle with a towel around her shoulders and a toothbrush in her mouth or floating? If you could squeeze a Pro wrestling championship belt that be awesome. The towel and the toothbrush are the main points of interest though. Thanks in advance.

Please post requests like this (and anything that isn't Season 2 related) in the Community thread.

Zomba13

Dark Phoenix said:
Facebook just updated, scrolls confirmed for season 2.

http://i.imgur.com/7geUx.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wonder how long it'll be before Bethesda's lawyers come after the MLP guys.

Orcastar

Quinnjaminn said:
Has this thread had much speculation about the stained glass windows yet?
We did speculate about the windows a bit in Community last week. Page 184 if you're interested.

As for DVDs, there's currently a set being sold in Finland for 5 euros that comes with a dubbed episode 3 DVD (Finnish, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian IIRC) and a blind bag Twilight. I might consider buying it if I hadn't heard what a horrible job they did with the dubbing...

Sciz

blamite said:
On the topic of Season 2, since we're getting Q as Discord, what do you guys think about using other well known guest voices for characters of the week? Is that a possibility even?
Weird Al seems likely, going by the Twitter comments bouncing back and forth a few months ago.

Wolf Akela said:
I was hoping that Discord
was more along the lines of Scar or Steele... you know, sarcastic and sly. Not something like Hades. =(

Well
Hades is as awesome as Scar, being totally different type of villians.
I prefer having an Hades villian that at the start of season of a show like this and then get to more serious villians at the end/in future seasons.

Also i cant conceive how can you put steele in the same league as Scar or Hades, well, i can think of it, seeing you have it as an avatar, but I think the whole movie of Balto is nothing special

But Im of the opinion that
trickster villians
are the best and most fun and even been like that they can be
pretty fucked up in the head and can create some serious danger when they want

TouchMyBox said:
New clip for people who don't enjoy the act of squinting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDAxsHj9itg&

lol: fucking CMC
they are going to ruin the day waking up evil

blamite

SpacePirate Ridley said:
lol: fucking CMC
they are going to ruin the day waking up evil
Ruin? Or make better?

I mean, if they never woke it up, there wouldn't be any awesomeness to ensue from taking it down! CMC to make awesomeness happen confirmed!

blamite said:
Ruin? Or make better?

I mean, if they never woke it up, there wouldn't be any awesomeness to ensue from taking it down! CMC to make awesomeness happen confirmed!

Well, for us, make it better, Im sure the ponies think otherwise. Cheerilee has to be fed up of the trio :lol

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Ultimoo said:
Yeah, I'm confused by that clip too. No wonder the CMC are so stupid, look at their teacher.
Tacher pony seems like the easiest job in all of ponyvile. Bet you she gets pelenty of goverment spending.

Neki

if she was the only teacher they had though, that would explain the poor education of ponyville though.

Top Bottom