• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Bakphoon

Shining Armor: I am Equus... of Borg. Resistance... is futile. Your life as it has been... is over. From this time forward, you shall service... us.

Celestia: Ms. Sparkle... fire.

"To be continued... this fall!"

*cue upbeat credits music*

Having a one week break between the two discord episodes was already bad enough. A break until fall... that would be heartless.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Having a one week break between the two discord episodes was already bad enough. A break until fall... that would be heartless.

There wasn't a gap between the discord episodes, they aired part 2 the very next week. There was a month or so delay after that though.

Two weeks, actually.

I think the one that bothers me the most is (predictably, if you read the things I post) the gap after "Hearth's Warming Eve"... there wasn't really any need to air that one out of order if you're just going to toss a three-week gap after it; you could've aired the two episodes lined up before it and still have it out in time for Christmas. I mean, worked for "Winter Wrap-Up", didn't it? That aired on friggin' Christmas Eve.

Then again, then "Hearts and Hooves Day" would be off by a few weeks. Hrmm. (Actually, why are there so many holiday episodes this season, particularly if they're just gonna skip them in reruns as they have been to this point? "Luna Eclipsed" was just voted "best episode of the show" in that poll, and they still skip over it.)

Also, not sure what the week after "A Friend In Deed" was about, either.

Theonik

There wasn't a gap between the discord episodes, they aired part 2 the very next week. There was a month or so delay after that though.
If they air 1 episode every week then there is a week gap between episodes or 168 hours.
168 hours man!
(he's saying that waiting a week for the second part of the season 2 start was bad enough)

Hiii all!

Loved the adorkable Twilight as usual. I am hoping more and more of the girls hang with Pinkie..she is sooo random, and pairs with them well enough. PLUS an added bonus, my brother has converted to the brony-side due to her...hehe,

My sister is still fixed on doing a Rarity cosplay or costume for Halloween, and finally relented to watch, not just one episode, but ALL the episodes! Think she just finished Season one...=) My plan is most successful!

I'm still worried about douchy dragons...

As for the puzzle, seems like buf got the Holmes/Watson thing backwards.

I was hoping for a Dragnet parody myself with Pinkie Pie providing a Film noir styled narration as she investigated.

Still, looking forward to a Spike-centric episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
KePWw.png

Narag

Not a bad episode but not the best. Opening sequence with Fluttershy was too much to live up to! The rest of the ep didn't stand a chance.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Episode was just okay. Some parts felt a little rushed and it would have been nice to go more in-depth to dragon culture than just "Dragon Fraternities".

Merriwether Williams has been rather inconsistent.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly it's kinda sad that dragons are all bad.

With that said, I was kinda expecting that red dragon featured in Dragonshy to scold them.

Also does this mean we have another non-appearing pet?

I dunno, I thought this episode was one of the better ones. Kinda helped that a good chunk of it didn't feel like a show that'd be called "My Little Pony", so much as your average children's TV show. Focusing so much on male characters would do that, I suppose.

I'm surprised it's the bellyflop that won the other dragons over, though.

Overall verdict on the two episodes I just watched: Yeah, this show is winning me over. Thought the Fluttershy episode was very funny

If I'm up before 1pm next week, I'll be sure to watch the episodes

$200

Banned
Anyone spot Derpy? Two episodes without Derpy already :(?

Overall verdict on the two episodes I just watched: Yeah, this show is winning me over. Thought the Fluttershy episode was very funny

If I'm up before 1pm next week, I'll be sure to watch the episodes
Did you only watch the latest 3 episodes? Because imo the 4 before these 3 are way better.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Celestia likes to keep in touch with Spike. She's such a thoughtful Princess .

Was a good episode, nice continuity and more wonderful moments with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy (they make the best team). Would have liked to see a bit more of the dragons than just teen jerks, and wouldlike to have seen Spike's parents, or at least find out where Celestia got his egg from.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that bothered me, actually. They set out to answer where Spike came from, and didn't answer it.

It started with Spike having an identity crisis. He thought finding his origins would fix his existential funk, but instead realized Ponies > Dragons.

Also, Spike's travel montage needs to be re-cut with this song

Dragons and Phoenixes? Clearly best episode! ...Too bad Peewee will probably never be seen again(then again this episode had a few references to others so maybe they'll be doing that kinda stuff more often...).

Sciz

so much continuity and new canon :eek:

Actually a pretty good Merriweather Williams episode, at last. Hopefully it's just a matter of getting used to the characters and not a fluke.

blamite

Kind of meh on this episode. Didn't really stand out as especially good or bad. It was cool to see some new locations and Phoenixes, but I've gotta say I don't really like the show's dragons that much... at least not the younger ones.
Another Pinkie Pie party....

qSzHW.jpg
As it should be.

Surprised Spike didn't give the egg back. Spike, you little kidnapper.

Yah I was kind of expecting him to do the right thing and seek to return it. However I can see it if maybe they were trying to search for the parents off screen. Maybe a season 3 episode where Peewee's parents find him and he has to decide between leaving or staying?

Anyway, fun episode. I'm just started going through the typical explosion of Ponibooru stuff and I'm already seeing quite the love for Crackle.

And I laughed so hard when I saw this.
Look at the tags

Also, found this. Coincidence?

As it should be.

I really like Spike, despite Pinkie's obvious racism towards dragons and 'monsters.' (She even said that the Dragon's were 'scary' in the episode...no denying that!)

[rant ]
I still contend the Spike should NOT be a dragon like the ones we saw in the episode...rather, he should grow into a wingless and proud dragon. Like: Lao Shan Lung!

See? Slap a purple set of scales with green accents, let him absorb mountains over a thousand years...he'll be fine!

Ehh, sadly the fanon seems the like Spike as a winged dragon. /rant

(I would like to see a Kirin in the MLP world.)

Top Bottom