• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Pankaks said:
It would be nice but given the diversity of PonyGAF, finding a suitable time to assemble could prove difficult.

Not to mention some people refuse to watch anything below 720p.

720p is godlike, but early viewings are the best.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pandaman said:
word of godCelestia is that they're early-mid 20's.

Well, she didn't say 20's specifically. She said "young adults".

I actually have the theory that there's really no "teenagers" in pony society. The existence of cutie marks means that general education in pony society is cut short when compared to human society. Rather than going on to what we would consider high school, ponies will actually either go to more specialized schools related to their talents or enter the general workforce shortly after they obtain their cutie marks. In other words, ponies start moving out on their own once they enter adolescence!

I mean, think about it. Rarity is old enough to run her own business, but she's got a little sister that seems like she's about 8 years old. If we assume that Rarity is in her 20's, than there'd be like a 12 year gap between those sisters. And wouldn't my theory also explain how all the main cast ponies seem to have the maturity level of teenagers despite having more adult responsibilities?

Pandaman said:
by reading the names?

no shit mate, but the visual recognittion is better. forgive me im wasted right noww.

so is this cartoon any good? how did this become so popular all of a sudden?? ok i read the op. sounds like legitimate praise never mind please ignore post

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Jesus, I stop stalking the thread for a week and all of you have the same avatar.
Scary. I only come in here for Panda anyway.
Discotheque said:
so is this cartoon any good? how did this become so popular all of a sudden??
It's well done and light hearted with great animation and some good characters.

Uchip

Banned
ZealousD said:
Well, she didn't say 20's specifically. She said "young adults".

I actually have the theory that there's really no "teenagers" in pony society. The existence of cutie marks means that general education in pony society is cut short when compared to human society. Rather than going on to what we would consider high school, ponies will actually either go to more specialized schools related to their talents or enter the general workforce shortly after they obtain their cutie marks. In other words, ponies start moving out on their own once they enter adolescence!

I mean, think about it. Rarity is old enough to run her own business, but she's got a little sister that seems like she's about 8 years old. If we assume that Rarity is in her 20's, than there'd be like a 12 year gap between those sisters. And wouldn't my theory also explain how all the main cast ponies seem to have the maturity level of teenagers despite having more adult responsibilities?

rainbow dash can fly because her body can intercept beams of reflected light from the sun and "dance around" on them

ZealousD

Discotheque said:
so is this cartoon any good? how did this become so popular all of a sudden??

Yes, the cartoon is good.

It's popular via a combination of comedic irony plus the fact that the series does not meet the expectations that one might normally have when thinking about My Little Pony. And the show is honestly at its best when it's doing something that'd you'd never expect from My Little Pony, like Looney Tunes inspired slapstick or a major character having a mental breakdown.

Uchip said:
rainbow dash can fly because her body can intercept beams of reflected light from the sun and "dance around" on them

Genius! There was no way those tiny wings could honestly create propulsion of that magnitude!

Popstar

I haven't seen something like this since everyone had this avatar for awhile.

jihvtf.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
That should help differentiate myself a little bit.

(Problem Panda?)

ZealousD

Mechanical Snowman said:
are you high

I'm pretty sure he's mocking me.

But hey, my mind was intellectually bored while at work some time ago and my mind thought about pony society way more that it should have.

Puddles

Banned
Seriously though, were any of you guys into Furry Fandom before you got into this show? If so, do you think that some of the appeal came from that? If not, do you think that MLP is going to act as a gateway drug into a much scarier world?

ZealousD

Puddles said:
Seriously though, were any of you guys into Furry Fandom before you got into this show? If so, do you think that some of the appeal came from that? If not, do you think that MLP is going to act as a gateway drug into a much scarier world?

No. No. And no.

Puddles said:

why you gotta troll? don't u love avatar? as if that's not furry to the max

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Puddles said:
no and no.

unless you're ookami.

UberTag

Puddles said:
Only if we start appreciating Sonic's shitty friends.
Once you cross that bridge, there's no turning back.

ZealousD

UberTag said:
Only if we start appreciating Sonic's shitty friends.
Once you cross that bridge, there's no turning back.

I'm not gonna lie.

I have never fapped to Amy Rose.

Zomba13

Puddles said:
No, no and no.
Are you gonna be our new troll? Our old one got banned and it's been lonely without him. Don't worry, we'll love and tolerate you :D

KtSlime

Puddles said:

If you mean by my watching bugs bunny and daffy duck as a child, and gaining a predisposition to applying human characteristics such as intelligence and language to cartoon animals makes me a furry then ya got me...

*shakes head*

Jintor

Puddles said:

This show will make me into a furry in the same way that everybody who ever watched Pokemon or Dragonball Z became a hentai enthusiast

Puddles

Banned
No, but seriously, if someone like Zordon existed, and he offered you the chance to transform into a male pony and go live in the MLP world and hook up with any of the characters from the show (and it wouldn't be cross-species sex since you'd be a pony too), would any of you guys go for it? Even once just to see how it was?

Puddles > Jenga IMO.

The style is a bit more subtle and there's actually a comedy element rather than pure hostility.

Can we keep Puddles?

Pandaman said:
I refuse to answer on the grounds ponygaf may murder me.
We all know about and accept your sexual desires.

Zomba13

Puddles said:
No, but seriously, if someone like Zordon existed, and he offered you the chance to transform into a male pony and go live in the MLP world and hook up with any of the characters from the show (and it wouldn't be cross-species sex since you'd be a pony too), would any of you guys go for it? Even once just to see how it was?
:D I think we've got a new pet troll.

Also, Zordon can't do shit like that. He'd maybe at best give you a magical power morpher that'd turn you into a Magical Friendship Power Pony or something.

ZealousD

Puddles said:

Dude. My cock would be huge.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Puddles said:
I refuse to answer on the grounds ponygaf may murder me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Puddles said:

Dude if someone like Zordon existed I would put chloroform into his Pillar/Life Support thingy and I would sell him to science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom