• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Again I will state the Pain fight had terribly/disappointingly off artstyle/animation. I say it had terrible animation because what some people claim is just "artslye", goes hand in hand with animation. You can't look at me and tell me that the Pain roadrunner run and limb fluctuation was good animation.

Again I will state the Pain fight had terribly/disappointingly off artstyle/animation. I say it had terrible animation because what some people claim is just "artslye", goes hand in hand with animation. You can't look at me and tell me that the Pain roadrunner run and limb fluctuation was good animation.

that was good animation, the roadrunner just clashed horribly with the style of Naruto

I don't know what you're referring to by limb fluctuation.

I don't why they decided to experiment so much with the Pain fight.

Fox318

ya know I really can't believe Konoha(well actually I can) let the Hyuga openly put curse marks on their members.

the branch family are practically slaves to the main branch and no one cares. I can understand someone as pragmatic as Tobirama letting it go on because he doesn't want to piss off a powerful ally like the Hyuga but bleeding hearts like Hashi, Minato, Tsunade, and Hiruzen? Not one of them bothered to put their foot down, surely Naruto and Hinata had to end up stopping that nonsense.

Man I wished we could've seen more of the politics in Konoha, like seriously I have no idea how the rest of the village feels about the opression/curse mark stuff.

Royal families are always fucked up.

ya know I really can't believe Konoha(well actually I can) let the Hyuga openly put curse marks on their members.

the branch family are practically slaves to the main branch and no one cares. I can understand someone as pragmatic as Tobirama letting it go on because he doesn't want to piss off a powerful ally like the Hyuga but bleeding hearts like Hashi, Minato, Tsunade, and Hiruzen? Not one of them bothered to put their foot down, surely Naruto and Hinata had to end up stopping that nonsense.

Man I wished we could've seen more of the politics in Konoha, like seriously I have no idea how the rest of the village feels about the opression/curse mark stuff.

well Konoha is really a fucked up place

to keep the peace (in their land) they've done so much crap it is unprecedented compared to the other villages

they are a power house and the abuse their power

Fox318

Honestly it reminded me of Ralph Bakshi

JNOSEQb.gif

LmtSjxj.gif

I like it.

Yado

Were the branch families really treated like slaves? I figured the seal was just to limit their power (not that it seems to have made much of a difference based on the Hyuugas shown)

Turok_TTZ

Well in Naruto vs Neji, he did promise once he became hokage, he will bring change to the hyuuga clan.

Now that the manga ended with him being hokage and married Hinata, who was of the main branch, I highly doubt he didn't make changes to the hyuuga clan for the better.

Fj0823

If the purpose of this episode was to make people like Hanabi

I think they succeeded.

What do you guys think?

They also made Hinata a Cool tribute

Welfare

Well, you couldn't really like Hanabi's character before today because she had no character before today.

But they succeeded for me.

Fox318

Is todays special canon as it ties to a canon movie?

It kinda is but it also ties into some other episodes the anime has done.

Basically the anime has done recap shows and reanimated scenes from when the characters were kids.

PaulBizkit

Loved the two episode Hanabi special. Very well done, entertaining and now she has more backstory than Ten Ten.

I can't wait for the movie
to be leaked
either. So much hype going on. I've never been a hardcore shipper or whatever, but seeing Hinata finally getting what she's been chasing for FIFTEEN YEARS make me really happy for her.

This is made even better with being matched with one of the top 3 Opening themes.

Also the Sauce saves Kakashi and pals from that gigantic ass meteor.

Can you name the other two? i only know hero's come back, distance and blue bird. Then I started reading the manga and dropped the anime entirely.

Welfare

Can you name the other two? i only know hero's come back, distance and blue bird. Then I started reading the manga and dropped the anime entirely.

The World that was Transparent (OP 7) and Size of the Moon (OP 14).

There are a lot more that are very good (Blue Bird (OP 3) Sign (OP 6) Lovers (OP 9)) but those first 2 are better IMO. Naruto will have very good openings most of time.

Except Guren (OP 15). That was terrible in both animation and music. Flame (END 29, which was the first ending with OP 15) is SOOO much better in animation and music.

Loved the two episode Hanabi special. Very well done, entertaining and now she has more backstory than Ten Ten.

I can't wait for the movie
to be leaked
either. So much hype going on. I've never been a hardcore shipper or whatever, but seeing Hinata finally getting what she's been stalking for FIFTEEN YEARS make me really happy for her.

Fixed!

PaulBizkit

The World that was Transparent (OP 7) and Size of the Moon (OP 14).

There are a lot more that are very good (Blue Bird (OP 3) Sign (OP 6) Lovers (OP 9)) but those first 2 are better IMO. Naruto will have very good openings most of time.

Except Guren (OP 15). That was terrible in both animation and music. Flame (END 29, which was the first ending with OP 15) is SOOO much better in animation and music.

Ok, I just listened the openings. OP7 and 14 are good, Lovers (OP 9) sounds like a Shaman King song. Guren is awfully average and Flame is great.

Naruto part 1 best opening: Seishun Kyosoukoku (OP5)
Naruto part 1 best ending: Parade

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I liked the Hyuuga special. Good filler.

Hiashi torturing Neji legit shook me. No wonder Neji hated the fuck out of the head family.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know... I never understood where Hiashi and Hanabi went off to during Pain invasion.

If the purpose of this episode was to make people like Hanabi

I think they succeeded.

What do you guys think?

They also made Hinata a Cool tribute

Well Hanabi is in the movie as a plot device.

Pein

Banned

Honestly it kinda worked for keeping the byakugan out of the enemy's hands, now I don't agree with them destroying the brain cells of branch members and oppressing them but it worked. Look at what happened to the sharingan because the eyes weren't sealed when they died.

^ It's interesting though, how the Byakugan ended up with Ao. Seems like the cursed seal is useless, unless it's placed on all members of the Hyuuga.

Konoha massacred an entire clan to maintain peace so its certainly not unbelievable what they did to the branch families.....I mean at least they didn't kill them all.

So people started translating Kishi's new interview today

short version :
Naruto ending up with Hinata was decided in the very early stages of the story.
Naruto being close to Sakura was a deliberate mislead, that was the entire point of the scenes of Sakura being compared to Kushina, for exemple.
The Last Movie is not only the story of Naruto falling in love with Hinata, but it is the story of Sakura & Naruto parting ways.
He felt the story of Naruto falling in love with Hinata has to be propely explained, or it wouldn’t be fair to the readers. That’s why the Last Movie exists.

Any meltdowns because of this?

some

of course the next step was twisting the translation especially this part "story of Sakura & Naruto parting ways."

were some started stating it as proof that Kishi had to forcefully tear the two lovers apart due to being money hatted

Yado

I think "part ways" is an odd way to word that. There's nothing to part from, maybe for Naruto I guess.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Wow Kishimoto eviscerated NS. Probably got sick of all the harrasment and bullshit lol.

Fj0823

some

of course the next step was twisting the translation especially this part "story of Sakura & Naruto parting ways."

were some started stating it as proof that Kishi had to forcefully tear the two lovers apart due to being money hatted

Im 100% sure that the parting ways means that Naruto and Sakura were together in the same Shit, they were the only ones fully invested in the Sauce situation. It created a sister brother bond of trust.

Now they need to make a life of their own, and since THEY DON'T LOVE EACH OTHER IN A ROMANTIC WAY they must part ways

but sure, its all a conspiracy.

Zoe

Im 100% sure that the parting ways means that Naruto and Sakura were together in the same Shit, they were the only ones fully invested in the Sauce situation. It created a sister brother bond of trust.

Now they need to make a life of their own, and since THEY DON'T LOVE EACH OTHER IN A ROMANTIC WAY they must part ways

but sure, its all a conspiracy.

The quote says the movie is the parting of Naruto, who was constantly saying he loved her, and Sakura.

There's nothing about sibling bonds. It's literally Naruto moving on from his crush.

Fj0823

The quote says the movie is the parting of Naruto, who was constantly saying he loved her, and Sakura.

There's nothing about sibling bonds. It's literally Naruto moving on from his crush.
Oh, even better then.

Thanks.

Yado

I thought Naruto moved on from his crush after the confession scene when he realised what a terrible, terrible person Sakura was?

tumblr_ng482nVg581sksz96o2_400.gif

I'm willing to bet this movie has nothing to do with Naruto's relationship with Sakura romantically and that him "moving on" from a crush will never be mentioned.

Zoe

I thought Naruto moved on from his crush after the confession scene when he realised what a terrible, terrible person Sakura was?

tumblr_ng482nVg581sksz96o2_400.gif

I'm willing to bet this movie has nothing to do with Naruto's relationship with Sakura romantically and that him "moving on" from a crush will never be mentioned.

Then why is Kishi saying that it will?

Pein

Banned
I can't believe he's such a dick though lol.

Anyway hyped to see Naruto and Sakura have scene where they both acknowledge it won't work and just remain friends.

Yado

Then why is Kishi saying that it will?

Kishi's full of shit. Did you somehow miss where he just said he was just teasing with the Sakura/Kushina parallels, like NH is some kind of Shymalayan twist. As far as the movie goes there's nothing to address as far as NS are concerned imo, especially since we're already seeing that Sakura seems to be a NH shipper.

Top Bottom