• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing |OT| Mobile Naruto, Perverted Hermit

N30RYU

Since I got a 3☆ Choji in a story mission.

Where can I farm a 3☆ Sasuke and Kakashi?
Got no luck pulling them...

MiTYH

Since I got a 3☆ Choji in a story mission.

Where can I farm a 3☆ Sasuke and Kakashi?
Got no luck pulling them...

From https://www.reddit.com/r/NarutoBlaz...mable_3_story_characters_credit_to_umeridiay/

*1-4 drops Ino.
*2-5 drops Shikamaru.
*3-10 drops Choji.
*4-7 drops Sakura.
*5-4 and 5-6 drops Orochimaru, 5-8 drops Dosu, 5-9 drops Zaku, 5-10 drops a Rain Ninja, 5-11 drops Kiba
*6-1 drops Yoroi, 6-2 drops Zaku, 6-3 drops Kin Tsuchi, 6-5 drops Tenten, 6-7 drops Neji, 6-8 drops Gaara, 6-10 drops Shino.
*7-1, 7-2, and 7-4 can all drop Jiraiya, 7-3 drops Kakashi, 7-5 drops Baki, 7-8 drops Hinata, 7-10 drops Neji.
*8-14 drops Gaara, 8-15 drops Sasuke.

N30RYU

From https://www.reddit.com/r/NarutoBlaz...mable_3_story_characters_credit_to_umeridiay/

*1-4 drops Ino.
*2-5 drops Shikamaru.
*3-10 drops Choji.
*4-7 drops Sakura.
*5-4 and 5-6 drops Orochimaru, 5-8 drops Dosu, 5-9 drops Zaku, 5-10 drops a Rain Ninja, 5-11 drops Kiba
*6-1 drops Yoroi, 6-2 drops Zaku, 6-3 drops Kin Tsuchi, 6-5 drops Tenten, 6-7 drops Neji, 6-8 drops Gaara, 6-10 drops Shino.
*7-1, 7-2, and 7-4 can all drop Jiraiya, 7-3 drops Kakashi, 7-5 drops Baki, 7-8 drops Hinata, 7-10 drops Neji.
*8-14 drops Gaara, 8-15 drops Sasuke.
thkx dor the info. Being trying 8-15 to farm 3☆ Sasuke but haven't got luck appearing he as a secret character to fight against... will keep trying.

chrono01

Five single pulls, nothing good. If I don't get something with my next 70 pearls or whatever, I'm probably going to have to re-roll. Only have Kakashi (no Kabuto) and no other means of farming pearls in-game is worrying. It doesn't help that we get so few for daily logins...

Uthred

Two single pulls, nothing. I've 50 pearls at the moment which I'll hold onto for the moment in case this guaranteed 6* materialises (whereupon I will get a dupe ;)) or until they add Rock Lee and/or Gai. Hopefully the power creep doesnt get too bad in this, or at least they dont entirely invalidate existing characters, dont want to end up abandoning my account to re-roll the timeskip versions, or 4 Tails Naruto or the Akatsuki and so-on.

Zafir

I hope the guaranteed 6* does happen.

Though of course I'll get Kakashi again if it does!

But yeah, I'm not sure how we're meant to really get ninja pearls. I mean the missions give 5 on normal and hard. There isn't many missions though since the later ones have loads of chapters instead.

chrono01

Two single pulls, nothing. I've 50 pearls at the moment which I'll hold onto for the moment in case this guaranteed 6* materialises (whereupon I will get a dupe ;)) or until they add Rock Lee and/or Gai. Hopefully the power creep doesnt get too bad in this, or at least they dont entirely invalidate existing characters, dont want to end up abandoning my account to re-roll the timeskip versions, or 4 Tails Naruto or the Akatsuki and so-on.
What worries me most is PVP. If I can't manage a nice team early on with the free pearls they give us, we'll probably be locked out of future free pearls (via PVP) if we don't have a well put-together team to compete.

I have enough for the guaranteed 6* pull too. if I get a dupe Kakashi, I'll probably re-roll, as that would effectively be all of my free in-game peals gone. I know you get some for login rewards, but they're so far between to really matter.

BJK

Slowly rerolling for a 6* tonight....my best pulls thus far have been a pair of 5*s (Ino, Kiba) in separate attempts.

For those of you progressing, how much does the content change as you progress in the story modes? I'm less than enthralled by the combat mechanics thusfar, but the game could be a lot more fun if things like element-switching and ninjutsu become more important.

(As soon as the tutorial ends, I Auto-play through 1-1 -> 1-4 before doing the multi-pull.)

EDIT: Think I'm done rerolling - 5* Kakashi (Copier of 1k Techniques) and a 5* 3rd Hokage. I take it Kakashi's a 5* when you pull him, but can "Awaken" into a 6* once he levels up.

Slaythe

Hey are you guys using all of the 30 stone pulls or saving the stones for later?

Depends what your team is.

If it's a good team, might as well not pull.

Personally I have 3 6 stars, + Kabuto and Neji.

I could use Shikamaru but I'm fine really.

So I'm saving all my pearls until we get chidori Sasuke. Then I'll use them all to get him.

Nephtis

It's been impossible for me to get a 6*. I've had a few 5*... is it really better to do the 50 gem summon at once? it seems that there's a "way" to perform the summon too - or does the animation where Sasuke comes in or Sakura appear is completely random no matter how you do it?

Caim

It's been impossible for me to get a 6*. I've had a few 5*... is it really better to do the 50 gem summon at once? it seems that there's a "way" to perform the summon too - or does the animation where Sasuke comes in or Sakura appear is completely random no matter how you do it?

I haven't had Sakura appear on mine yet, but the two 6* I've gotten so far were with just Sasuke coming in. I think when they both come in it's definitely a guaranteed 5* character.

Caim

What are the pill bottles(?) & scrolls for?

Pill bottles are for adding bonus stats for your characters.

Bravery type is for HP and Wisdom type is ATK. Each character rarity has a bonus stat cap based on rarity.

Scrolls are for awakening your characters (raising their rarity)

Yado

Pill bottles are for adding bonus stats for your characters.

Bravery type is for HP and Wisdom type is ATK. Each character rarity has a bonus stat cap based on rarity.

Scrolls are for awakening your characters (raising their rarity)

Oh thanks. I guess I was wasting the scrolls by using them to enhance then.

Zafir

I don't even understand half the people who play online. If I'm getting kicked from B cups with a maxed 6* and a maxed 5* in my second slot, what do people want lol.

Admittedly I haven't got a purple, my Neji is 5* but only level 25. Frankly having a purple is a double edged sword if you ask me since they also do double damage. Either way, I think people are delusion regarding what you actually need to beat stuff.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't even understand half the people who play online. If I'm getting kicked from B cups with a maxed 6* and a maxed 5* in my second slot, what do people want lol.

Admittedly I haven't got a purple, my Neji is 5* but only level 25. Frankly having a purple is a double edged sword if you ask me since they also do double damage. Either way, I think people are delusion regarding what you actually need to beat stuff.

Can confirm this. Sometimes I get kicked even when I have a max 6-star of the correct element AND a max Kabuto.

Also, Zabuza makes me realize how this game is going to take my money in the end. There are a lot of characters in the Naruto world that I loved for years and I know I'll "just have to have" them.

Lagamorph

Still re-rolling the start, and despite having done it over a dozen times I still haven't seen a single 6-star in my first 30-pearl pull.

The best pulls I've gotten so far have been 5-star Sakura and 5-star Tenten (Ugh), then a 5-star Neji and 5-star Jiraiya

I've saved the transfer codes for those pulls, but if I don't get a 6-star soon then I'm just going to give up and go with one of the 5-star pulls.
Really want that 6-star Gaara though.

(Just to confirm, do they pull as 6-star? Or do you get the 5-star and then have to awaken them to 6-star? Either way, I haven't seen anyone from the Reddit SS-rank list yet)

Uthred

People in co-op tanking the run by not taking out the adds and healing before trying to one-shot the boss. Back to playing solo I think.

(Just to confirm, do they pull as 6-star? Or do you get the 5-star and then have to awaken them to 6-star? Either way, I haven't seen anyone from the Reddit SS-rank list yet)

The latter, what you are looking to pull is a 5* that can upgrade to a 6*

Lagamorph

FINALLY!

Pulled 5-star BRV Kakashi and 5-star HRT Hinata

What do I do now? There was talk of a guaranteed Zabuza coming up or something? Is it worth starting to save up Pearls for that? Or is that the current "Bridge Demon Summon" banner going on? Or is that just a chance rather than a guarantee?

Zafir

FINALLY!

Pulled 5-star BRV Kakashi and 5-star HRT Hinata

What do I do now? There was talk of a guaranteed Zabuza coming up or something? Is it worth starting to save up Pearls for that? Or is that the current "Bridge Demon Summon" banner going on? Or is that just a chance rather than a guarantee?

It's just a chance at the moment.

commish

This kicking people at the end of multiplayer is getting old. At least kick me on the first stage, not when the boss dies.

chrono01

This kicking people at the end of multiplayer is getting old. At least kick me on the first stage, not when the boss dies.
Once word is out, people do it intentionally just to troll people. There are a lot of players who get their enjoyment out of this sort of thing (I'll never understand that mentality...at all...), so unless Namco Bandai changes things, expect it to continue. :(

Honestly, if I don't host, I don't even bother to do anything above C-Rank, considering it takes longer to complete and a majority of the time I seem to get hit with that "connection error". It's just not worth it.

Zafir

I've not had it happen right at the end.

If I've been booted mid match it tends to be either right at the start, or just before the boss.

I've still been doing B ranks if people seem to not kick me in the lobby. In today's case people aren't kicking because my Kakashi is max 6* and he's a beast on Will cups.

Either way, if they just gave something to the dropped players for their trouble, it wouldn't be an issue. I really hope Namco Bandai will do something. Who knows how long it would take them if they'd even do anything.

In other news the patch notes are out for Japan on reddit, and there's a new Neji 6*, the Rock Lee 6* and also a Sakura 6*.

The interesting part is the Sakura, which is apparently only available if you buy a pearl bundle, which a lot of people seem really unhappy about. I'm of two minds really, on one hand f2p players definitely won't be able to play it, but on the other hand assuming a reasonable price, it's certainly a lot cheaper than spending loads of money on pearls trying to roll for her in rng hell.

chrono01

I've not had it happen right at the end.

If I've been booted mid match it tends to be either right at the start, or just before the boss.

I've still been doing B ranks if people seem to not kick me in the lobby. In today's case people aren't kicking because my Kakashi is max 6* and he's a beast on Will cups.

Either way, if they just gave something to the dropped players for their trouble, it wouldn't be an issue. I really hope Namco Bandai will do something. Who knows how long it would take them if they'd even do anything.

In other news the patch notes are out for Japan on reddit, and there's a new Neji 6*, the Rock Lee 6* and also a Sakura 6*.

The interesting part is the Sakura, which is apparently only available if you buy a pearl bundle, which a lot of people seem really unhappy about. I'm of two minds really, on one hand f2p players definitely won't be able to play it, but on the other hand assuming a reasonable price, it's certainly a lot cheaper than spending loads of money on pearls trying to roll for her in rng hell.
This is really interesting.

I'm always of the mind that "guarantee" when buying in-game currencies for this style of game is a good thing. It's why I spend money in Granblue Fantasy, on the Surprise Tickets, since it gives you a ten-pull as well as a character of your choice (not including exclusive/limited characters). It means I always get value out of my purchase, with a possible additional extra on top. If this is how Sakura is, I'm very pleased, assuming the pearl bundle doesn't cost an extreme amount of money.

That being said, having a character locked behind a bundle (and not available through other means), that I don't really agree with. It should be a guarantee if you buy the bundle, but still a chance through the gatcha itself. Why not just start handing out "choose-your-own" tickets, ala Granblue Fantasy? I really wish more games would do that, since it would let the buyer get exactly what he/she wanted, and developers would still make money considering how much of a power creep this style of game has.

Edit: Oh, it's for the 50 pearl bundle? That's not too bad, since you're essentially just buying enough for a single multi-pull and getting a 5/6* character in-return. I still think it's a bit much to lock her behind the purchase, she seems like a nice character too. Large range and decent abilities, but her stats are HORRIBLE! 428 HP and 507 ATK at Level 1 (6*)? I've seen 5* with comparable stats to that. :/

Zafir

This is really interesting.

I'm always of the mind that "guarantee" when buying in-game currencies for this style of game is a good thing. It's why I spend money in Granblue Fantasy, on the Surprise Tickets, since it gives you a ten-pull as well as a character of your choice (not including exclusive/limited characters). It means I always get value out of my purchase, with a possible additional extra on top. If this is how Sakura is, I'm very pleased, assuming the pearl bundle doesn't cost an extreme amount of money.

That being said, having a character locked behind a bundle (and not available through other means), that I don't really agree with. It should be a guarantee if you buy the bundle, but still a chance through the gatcha itself. Why not just start handing out "choose-your-own" tickets, ala Granblue Fantasy? I really wish more games would do that, since it would let the buyer get exactly what he/she wanted, and developers would still make money considering how much of a power creep this style of game has.

Edit: Oh, it's for the 50 pearl bundle? That's not too bad, since you're essentially just buying enough for a single multi-pull and getting a 5/6* character in-return. I still think it's a bit much to lock her behind the purchase, she seems like a nice character too. Large range and decent abilities, but her stats are HORRIBLE! 428 HP and 507 ATK at Level 1 (6*)? I've seen 5* with comparable stats to that. :/

Yeah I totally agree with the tickets. I don't mind putting money into games if I can guarantee I'll get what I want. The reason I tend not to put money into gacha games is just because it's not worth risking the rng. You may get what you want, but you most likely won't. It's the same reason I don't put money into rng crates of console/pc games ala Overwatch/Guild Wars/TF2/CS Go etc.

I really should play more of Granblue. I installed it, have played the first few chapters, and I do log in for the daily bonus generally but I haven't really gotten into it.

Lagamorph

Levelling characters in this seems somewhat laborious compared to say Dokkan Battle. In that every character gets some EXP at the end of a stage, but here it seems the only way to level up your characters is to keep feeding them fodder?
Guess it's to basically encourage people to purchase pearls since the characters you get from Friend Points quickly become pretty crap for levelling.

Uthred

Levelling characters in this seems somewhat laborious compared to say Dokkan Battle. In that every character gets some EXP at the end of a stage, but here it seems the only way to level up your characters is to keep feeding them fodder?
Guess it's to basically encourage people to purchase pearls since the characters you get from Friend Points quickly become pretty crap for levelling.

Leveling is slow, personally I find the mental dissonance of not having characters earn XP in battle is my man problem. Using ramen cups is the only reasonable way to level up characters, due to the way MP works you could in theory level them quite quickly. But a) its boring and b) MP doesnt always work as well as it should in theory (max Gaara, max Kabuto, still getting kicked, honestly dont know what theyre looking for).

Caim

You should do the Emergency Quest which has the ramen cups. They give the most experience and you get even more if the element matches. Only reason to feed a character to another is to transfer any bonus stats they have or to unlock an ability (in this case they need to be dupes)

Lagamorph

You should do the Emergency Quest which has the ramen cups. They give the most experience and you get even more if the element matches. Only reason to feed a character to another is to transfer any bonus stats they have or to unlock an ability (in this case they need to be dupes)

I did try an Emergency mission, but I promptly had my arse handed back to me on a silver platter due to my characters clearly being under levelled for it.

Zafir

I did try an Emergency mission, but I promptly had my arse handed back to me on a silver platter due to my characters clearly being under levelled for it.

C cups should be easy enough at lower levels. I'd stick to those until you get higher level 5* or 6*'s.

Delio

Is the new banner with Zabuza the one everyone was waiting on or no? Thinking of doing a multi pull once.

chrono01

To hell with multiplayer. Seriously.

I was just in the B Cup (Ramen) daily, and we were on the final floor. Boss was killed, as well as all but one of the minions. One more attack would have ended it...and the connection dropped. That's time I won't be getting back.

I wish you could report players, this is ridiculous. I guess you can't report, since you can't tell what's a legitimate disconnect or not, but it's still frustrating. It makes me not want to play multiplayer at all, and without that, the game doesn't have much to offer me.

Slaythe

To hell with multiplayer. Seriously.

I was just in the B Cup (Ramen) daily, and we were on the final floor. Boss was killed, as well as all but one of the minions. One more attack would have ended it...and the connection dropped. That's time I won't be getting back.

I wish you could report players, this is ridiculous. I guess you can't report, since you can't tell what's a legitimate disconnect or not, but it's still frustrating. It makes me not want to play multiplayer at all, and without that, the game doesn't have much to offer me.

Play with friends or people from the discord.

Only way to guarantee fun all the time.

Between DC assholes and non healing Kabutos, online can be awful.

But with good people and friends, it's absolutely great.

chrono01

Play with friends or people from the discord.

Only way to guarantee fun all the time.

Between DC assholes and non healing Kabutos, online can be awful.

But with good people and friends, it's absolutely great.
Yeah, with friends (or those you know on Discord) sound like the best way to play. It's just unfortunate that the in-game method of playing with others is so flawed.

Slaythe

Yeah, with friends (or those you know on Discord) sound like the best way to play. It's just unfortunate that the in-game method of playing with others is so flawed.

I can't think of any other way to improve it.

As in, the unlimited aspect of it makes it so fun when you play with friends or people that know better, it's a necessary evil that randoms are cancer.

11 years olds that like Naruto that have no idea how things work, and attention span of a squirrel, so they end up tabbing out of game and you get DC.

I suggest hoesting games yourself when you play random, or try to join MAX level people. It doesn't guarantee they're decent but it's more chances of them being decent than a lv 42 Sasuke.

BTW

The new 6 stars completely render the old units obsolete.

Neji and Lee compared to Sasuke lol ... What kind of sick joke is this ? They better make Chidori Sasuke the most OP unit in the game ...

chrono01

I can't think of any other way to improve it.

As in, the unlimited aspect of it makes it so fun when you play with friends or people that know better, it's a necessary evil that randoms are cancer.

11 years olds that like Naruto that have no idea how things work, and attention span of a squirrel, so they end up tabbing out of game and you get DC.

I suggest hoesting games yourself when you play random, or try to join MAX level people. It doesn't guarantee they're decent but it's more chances of them being decent than a lv 42 Sasuke.

BTW

The new 6 stars completely render the old units obsolete.

Neji and Lee compared to Sasuke lol ... What kind of sick joke is this ? They better make Chidori Sasuke the most OP unit in the game ...
When the host drops/disconnects, the game switches to single-player for the other two players, allowing you to continue the run. It's how a similar game, Bleach Brave Souls, handles co-op. It already works this way for the host (as host, if one of the people who join you disconnects, control switches over to you), so it should be a simple enough thing to apply to the other players as well.

And yeah, the power tier in this game is...a little weird. :/

what should I do with all these no name fodder I got, I combine any duplicate I had, are they only good for feeding my other higher level character?

is there other way to get bonus stat other than combining duplicates?

what should I do with all these no name fodder I got, I combine any duplicate I had, are they only good for feeding my other higher level character?

is there other way to get bonus stat other than combining duplicates?

Anything that's 3 stars or below is generally trash. I usually sell all of my 1 and 2 stars. I keep a couple of 3 stars to hold onto my pills for me. There's two kinds of pills in the game. Yellow bottles award bonus HP, while purple bottles give bonus Attack. There is a max limit depending on the rarity of the unit you give the pills to. Three star units can have a max bonus of 50 HP and 25 Attack (they will be highlighted in yellow when it is maxed). Once maxed, I simply feed them to a 6 star to transfer the bonuses. It's much cheaper doing it this way than giving the pills to your 6 star directly, and you also benefit from having more room since you don't need so much space for your pills.

commish

That's how all these games work. Power creep. Some games handle it better than others. Let's just hope that our current characters aren't rendered obsolete. I guess it would only matter in PVP

Got Tsume Inuzuka and Shizune in my first pull which is awesome but apparently 5 star Itachi sucks and the rest were wack so I'm re-rolling lol.

Why is Tsume in this but not Kurenai tho?????????

Zafir

That's how all these games work. Power creep. Some games handle it better than others. Let's just hope that our current characters aren't rendered obsolete. I guess it would only matter in PVP

They're just going to drive people away if the power creep is too bad, unless they do something to allow people to more easily obtain the 6*'s.

I'd say it's pretty bad at the moment considering the A ranks seem almost impossible unless you have the best of the best. Which is pretty poor design if you ask me.

Slaythe

They're just going to drive people away if the power creep is too bad, unless they do something to allow people to more easily obtain the 6*'s.

I'd say it's pretty bad at the moment considering the A ranks seem almost impossible unless you have the best of the best. Which is pretty poor design if you ask me.

6 stars just make it faster.

But good 5 stars make it entirely possible.

I'd argue that they're impossible without Kabuto, though.

Y'all I got 3 characters in the A-tier but none in the S or SS-tier is that still fine? I got Sakura, Kidomaru and Neji.

Nnnnnn @ me getting both Hiashi and Hizashi Hyuga though. I wish I pulled Hinata to complete the family lmao.

Top Bottom