• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing |OT| Mobile Naruto, Perverted Hermit

Zafir

It's so hard to keep or climb ranks. Not sure how to get max points. Sometimes I get 5000 for a fight. Other times 2000.

From what I understand, you need beat someone above you with a big point difference, and be on a winning streak.

Unfortunately for me, a lot of the big point difference people for me are pretty tough since I don't have an healer. I just can't get through their 40k health pool without dying myself to attrition(that is unless I'm lucky with getting a team where I can separate them out and them only do half due to element disadvantage).

Zafir

Healers are entirely useless in this.

Funny you say that when there's teams who are running them with fine success.

Far from 'useless'.

Maybe not optimal, sure, but if you don't have what's optimal, ie strong characters who have low cost Jutsu, then it's a good filler to offset the damage from those said early jutsus.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Healers are entirely useless in this.

No it's just the opposite - Healers are OP on offense because of how the system is set up - low HP on offense vs high HP on defense but scaled down attack. Right now, Kabuto heals for 1760, which is almost half of my HP. It's almost impossible to lose if you run with Kabuto because you can out-heal their damage easily. Just don't group up. Healers with Passives like Sakura are also really good.

On defense, healers suck because that same 1760 heal is out of 30k HP. Near useless.

Slaythe

I haven't lost a single match, i'm consistently in the rank 300 and I don't use any healers.

I find them useless for this event, just place yourself properly.

commish

I haven't lost a single match, i'm consistently in the rank 300 and I don't use any healers.

I find them useless for this event, just place yourself properly.

That doesn't mean they are useless. That means they aren't necessary, and no one has ever said they were necessary. In fact, there's no one unit or skill that is necessary, and as long as you have good units and can place your units smartly (just don't bunch up), it's pretty easy to win. Still, there are definitely units that make it easier, especially if you aren't rolling with max 6* units, and a healer is one of them.

Lupercal

Banned
So they stopped awarding pearls for MP missions with new people it seems?
Worked all the time, started a bunch yesterday and today, no pearls yet.

Slaythe

So they stopped awarding pearls for MP missions with new people it seems?
Worked all the time, started a bunch yesterday and today, no pearls yet.

Well they're not gonna give you free money forever.

It stops at 100 pearls .

Also, limit breaks are coming to global at the same time as japan version.

It allows characters to break their max levels, Sasuke Naruto Kakashi and Gaara are the first ones.

commish

We are going to be caught up to Japan shortly. I bet Lee comes next week (but secretly hoping for a release this week since the current Kakashi banner ends on the 14th). I'm really surprised that we already have limit breaks, but it's a good move for the health of the game in general. Keeps older units viable for longer.

Edit: I should reach floor 100 today, so it's definitely possible to finish all the floors without using a pearl or abusing the level ups.

Lupercal

Banned
We are going to be caught up to Japan shortly. I bet Lee comes next week (but secretly hoping for a release this week since the current Kakashi banner ends on the 14th). I'm really surprised that we already have limit breaks, but it's a good move for the health of the game in general. Keeps older units viable for longer.

Edit: I should reach floor 100 today, so it's definitely possible to finish all the floors without using a pearl or abusing the level ups.

What's your team?
All 6* or ?

commish

What's your team?
All 6* or ?

Naruto, Sasuke and Kabuto. The real key to climbing the ranks was when I discovered that if you close out and restart the app, your opponents in PC change. Just keep doing that until you get an opponent that is a much higher rank.

Zafir

Naruto, Sasuke and Kabuto. The real key to climbing the ranks was when I discovered that if you close out and restart the app, your opponents in PC change. Just keep doing that until you get an opponent that is a much higher rank.

Yeah.

I also finally found a combination of characters and strategy which I can work solidly with.

Sadly, both of these I only figured out recently, so I don't think I'll be able to push into the top 1000 or hit floor 100 without using pearls.

Oh well.

MiTYH

Yeah.

I also finally found a combination of characters and strategy which I can work solidly with.

Sadly, both of these I only figured out recently, so I don't think I'll be able to push into the top 1000 or hit floor 100 without using pearls.

Oh well.

This is how I feel. Running Kisame/heart-Haku/6-kikashi. I generally get Haku's special, which gets me enough to use Kikashi's and end it. Type coverage isn't that bad.

Next PC, I'll do better

Lupercal

Banned
Just hit floor 22, I think I reached my max.
To many 6 star chars and me with only 5 stars.

Is there a quick way to level ?
Been using ramen and chars but it goes so slow :(

commish

Just hit floor 22, I think I reached my max.
To many 6 star chars and me with only 5 stars.

Is there a quick way to level ?
Been using ramen and chars but it goes so slow :(

You can get all your characters in your main team to max level pretty quickly by just repeatedly joining multiplayer ramen missions. Costs 0 stamina.

Element type and positioning is more important for this event than having 6 star characters imo.

Lupercal

Banned
You can get all your characters in your main team to max level pretty quickly by just repeatedly joining multiplayer ramen missions. Costs 0 stamina.

Element type and positioning is more important for this event than having 6 star characters imo.

Yeah I get kicked to often for that :(

chrono01

I doubt I'll be able to make the Top 1000. I was out of the city this past weekend, so I couldn't run the PC as much as I would have liked to. Not just that, my team is...well...shaky. Running Kakashi/Neji/Shikamru. I keep the enemies spread out and attack them one at a time, but my opponent always finishes me off with jutsu before I have a chance to strike back. I need some lower-cost jutsu users.

Hopefully I'll be better prepared for the next one. I really wanted that Haku, but I'm not about to use pearls for it.

chrono01

Man, for some reason I thought Phantom Castle lasted for another 25 minutes. I was about to check and see what my rank was, and use a pearl or two if I was close.

Oh well, I definitely didn't make top 10,000. Hopefully next time, I won't be so busy with real-life things. :/

Zafir

I stopped playing a lot over the past 24 hours. I just wasn't going to make it into top 1000 without level ups or pearls, so must have ended up somewhere in the 1500s-1600s(was 1400 when I stopped).

Either way Guaranteed 6* banner is up. Got Naruto which I didn't have so, guess that's something. Still didn't get Kabuto, lol.

linkent

Was hoping to get some nice 4* from the G6* pull.
Got 9Bronze+1Kakashi(new).

Really really want that Neji.

Any idea how to limit break? Found the Gaara gem but doesnt seem to be used for Gaara LB?

chrono01

I stopped playing a lot over the past 24 hours. I just wasn't going to make it into top 1000 without level ups or pearls, so must have ended up somewhere in the 1500s-1600s(was 1400 when I stopped).

Either way Guaranteed 6* banner is up. Got Naruto which I didn't have so, guess that's something. Still didn't get Kabuto, lol.

Was hoping to get some nice 4* from the G6* pull.
Got 9Bronze+1Kakashi(new).

Really really want that Neji.

Any idea how to limit break? Found the Gaara gem but doesnt seem to be used for Gaara LB?
Similar experience here. One gold (Sasuke), at least he's new. I was hoping for Gaara personally, but I've heard Sasuke can be pretty powerful in PC. Not so much in PVE, but he's solid in PVP at least. Useless other bronze/silver posters (no Kabuto still). :/

Linkent - For Limit-Breaking, you need one crystal of the type that matches your character, two 3* scrolls, and two 4* scrolls. You get 4* scrolls by fusing 5x 3* scrolls together, and you can LB each character for a maximum of ten times (to Level 150). So yeah...lot's of grinding. :/

Unfortunately, the Bravery Scroll event is about to end, so Kakashi will have to wait. I'll probably farm the crystal event non-stop to get 10x of the Bravery/Skill crystals, so I can fully LB Kakashi/Sasuke (when I get the other required components). The crystals event comes and goes, so if you want to LB a character, it's best to grab those first.

Zafir

Yeah I actually wanted Gaara, but *shrug* what can you do.

Naruto will be fine I'm sure.

What's the third mat required for limit breaking, is it the crystals with the face on?

chrono01

Gaara dupe and the rest bronze lol.
:(

Yeah I actually wanted Gaara, but *shrug* what can you do.

Naruto will be fine I'm sure.

What's the third mat required for limit breaking, is it the crystals with the face on?
To Limit Break once:

- 1x Crystal (Same Attribute)
- 2x 3* Scroll (Same Attribute)
- 2x 4* Scroll (Same Attribute)

*You receive a 4* Scroll by fusing five 3* Scrolls together*

Edit: Oh wait, I just noticed there's two different type of crystals. I don't even know anymore. :/

linkent

Unfortunately, the Bravery Scroll event is about to end, so Kakashi will have to wait. I'll probably farm the crystal event non-stop to get 10x of the Bravery/Skill crystals, so I can fully LB Kakashi/Sasuke (when I get the other required components). The crystals event comes and goes, so if you want to LB a character, it's best to grab those first.
shit.. no wonder i couldnt find that 4* scroll.
I have Gaara+Kakashi to LB now......

Gaara dupe and the rest bronze lol.

damn that harsh >.<

chrono01

shit.. no wonder i couldnt find that 4* scroll.
I have Gaara+Kakashi to LB now......
Yeah, lots of farming, that's for sure. I've only managed one yellow crystal so far, I have multiple of red/blue, and of course no use for them. I need green too, but I need to level/evolve Sasuke first.

I don't know what's required to LB these characters, though. Apparently, the drops with the characters' faces on them only drops from A-Rank, and without Kabuto, I'm not sure I'll even be able to clear it. B-Rank isn't difficult, but considering A-Rank is a hefty 40-stamina per run, I'm not exactly optimistic. I see one crystal (with the attribute on it) and two 3* scrolls in the LB menu for Kakashi. The other two are "?", so either two 4* scrolls are needed, or it's one 4* scroll and a second crystal (the character face one that drops from A-Rank). I really hope it's the former and not the latter.

MiTYH

Did my 50-premium 6* summon

Of the new ones, I got 5* Kiba, a few 4*s, and Sasuke!!

Stoked about this, love his counter stance and him in general.

commish

I'm surprised people are pulling with Neji/Lee apparently coming next week (well, Lee is for sure at least). But the guaranteed stud they are offering now is hard to pass up!

There's a ton of grinding needed to awaken characters, sheesh. I guess it's balanced by the fact that you can do it for 0-stamina in multi, assuming you get in a game and assuming you don't get booted for no reason.

chrono01

Ugh, that's a lot of scrolls.
It is indeed. :/

Did my 50-premium 6* summon

Of the new ones, I got 5* Kiba, a few 4*s, and Sasuke!!

Stoked about this, love his counter stance and him in general.
Congrats!

Welcome to Club Sasuke.

I'm surprised people are pulling with Neji/Lee apparently coming next week (well, Lee is for sure at least). But the guaranteed stud they are offering now is hard to pass up!

There's a ton of grinding needed to awaken characters, sheesh. I guess it's balanced by the fact that you can do it for 0-stamina in multi, assuming you get in a game and assuming you don't get booted for no reason.
I did it because I only had a single 6* and I know if I waited for the Lee/Neji banner, I wouldn't get anything. Honestly, since 6* guaranteed banners apparently happen every month or so in the Japanese version (and they keep switching characters in and out), I'm tempted to just wait and pull solely on those. At least I'm guaranteed something, even if it is a dupe.

Zafir

Well, it's guaranteed. I have no hope of pulling Neji and Lee if I'm honest. Not to mention I only had Kakashi out of the 4 offered, so there was a decent chance of getting one I didn't have.

Plus I'm sure I read Japan got another guaranteed banner with Neji and Lee anyway.

commish

I'm definitely going to just wait for guaranteed banners. I have no need to be first on the block to own a character and would rather wait.

chrono01

I tried the A-Rank LB mission, I got the boss down to 10% of his health, and he killed me. Knowing that I need multiple of these crystals, both on A-Rank as well as B-Rank, as well as more scrolls than I can count, makes me re-think whether the few added stats are worth it.

It just seems like so much trouble/work to go through. That's a lot of spent stamina, especially when the crystal drops are random. It would have been better if they had specific attribute crystal missions, where you can go after a particular one. :/

Zafir

I tried the A-Rank LB mission, I got the boss down to 10% of his health, and he killed me. Knowing that I need multiple of these crystals, both on A-Rank as well as B-Rank, as well as more scrolls than I can count, makes me re-think whether the few added stats are worth it.

It just seems like so much trouble/work to go through. That's a lot of spent stamina, especially when the crystal drops are random. It would have been better if they had specific attribute crystal missions, where you can go after a particular one. :/
I managed to do A rank with a full bod team(Haku, Sakura and Choji) and a Kabuto friend character in the back.

Takes quite a while though. Even worse I got crystals for the two 6* I don't have lol.... Just typical.

commish

A rank LB mission takes forever, but I can do it with a Sakura, friend Haru and Kabuto team. It just takes a while. Using the correct element makes such a big difference. Sakura is VIP.

chrono01

I managed to do A rank with a full bod team(Haku, Sakura and Choji) and a Kabuto friend character in the back.

Takes quite a while though. Even worse I got crystals for the two 6* I don't have lol.... Just typical.
Yeah, I managed to do an A-Rank one too, as you said, just took a while farming jutsu cost, as well as letting health potions grow before you spawn the boss.

They really need to make it so each daily offers a specific attribute for these crystals. Make them appear alongside the ramen/scroll dailies, so you can farm a specific one, but maybe have an "all-crystal" version on the weekend, similar to how they do for the ramen/scrolls. There's way too much RNG in going after a specific one.

BTW, I saw on Reddit, that the character crystals actually EVOLVE (by fusing five of them into one another). This is likely needed for LB'ing beyond Level 125. I don't want to see what the cost for going from 145-150 is like...

A rank LB mission takes forever, but I can do it with a Sakura, friend Haru and Kabuto team. It just takes a while. Using the correct element makes such a big difference. Sakura is VIP.
I don't have a Sakura (unfortunately), but I'm found something that works decently. Still a drain, though. As you said, takes a while. :/

linkent

BTW, I saw on Reddit, that the character crystals actually EVOLVE (by fusing five of them into one another). This is likely needed for LB'ing beyond Level 125. I don't want to see what the cost for going from 145-150 is like...

I don't have a Sakura (unfortunately), but I'm found something that works decently. Still a drain, though. As you said, takes a while. :/
The grind is really crazy.
could barely get enough scrolls.
Really need to start coop when it come back.

You can farm Sakura from story(search reddit where)
With 2 healers, the only hard stage is last boss.
For that part, just use a perfect dodger and place it near the boss every "danger cooldown"

You will be safe till 1 "continues" turn which he will attack twice, need to split people up there.

commish

Just so much grinding on these scrolls and LB materials. I have to say, though, that I think the devs are laying the foundation for a pretty amazing game. I think in a year this is going to be the gacha game to be. Right now, it just needs a lot of content but that will come.

Edit: Wow, read the stats on a level 149 Naruto: 2045 HP, 1647 attack. That's pretty insane. PC is going to be dominate by people who have LB'd 6-stars.

linkent

sasuke max stats
hp 2620
atk 2314
1YRhvcE.png

cant wait to see next PC.

commish

On one hand, I love how they are making "old" characters relevant by boosting their stats to keep up with new units like Lee. On the other hand, anyone who doesn't have said old characters has no chance at all.

chrono01

Lee/Neji banner out, 90 pearls, not a single 5* character. Whatever, I've been lukewarm on this game anyway. The grind to fully level 6* characters, not to mention the P2W nature of it (needing strong characters to make a dent in PVP, as without it, you're essentially missing half of the game not to mention the rewards that come along with it), and the low rate for characters (at least, from my experience). I have too many gatcha games to play as it is, so to be completely honest, I don't need another. This game was always "on the chopping block" for me, so these pulls have further solidified it. I STILL didn't manage a Kabuto out of it all, and received repeats of so many useless characters. It makes my decision to quit easier.

I might re-visit this game in the future, depending on how it develops. Probably not though, as I'll likely have filled that slot in my schedule with something else by then. If I'm on your Friend List, feel free to remove me. I'm deleting the app from my phone.

Top Bottom