• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing |OT| Mobile Naruto, Perverted Hermit

Zafir

Come on, it's a gacha game.

Bad pulls is the name of the game.

I did 10 pulls and got fuck all out of it. Got 1 gold and it was my 5th dupe of the char. :p

I mean at least they do guaranteed pulls, and then have brought some life back into them with limit break.

My only complaint is it's a massive grind.

chrono01

Come on, it's a gacha game.

Bad pulls is the name of the game.

I did 10 pulls and got fuck all out of it. Got 1 gold and it was my 5th dupe of the char. :p

I mean at least they do guaranteed pulls, and then have brought some life back into them with limit break.

My only complaint is it's a massive grind.
Oh, trust me. I'm not adverse to bad pulls in my gatcha games, haha.

It's just that the only 5* I received, from all of the pearls I've obtained from the start, was the one I re-rolled for and the one from the guaranteed banner. The rate of receiving the free pearls to do the summons is so slow, since there's not a lot of content to do in the game right now, aside from the story (which there isn't a lot, with the game just launching a short while ago in Japan) and missions from events (which tend to be difficult, unless you have a strong team of characters already). We have been receiving a few free pearls the last couple of days as login/event bonuses, and they'll definitely keep that going forward, but it still seems a bit slow to me. The last method is through PVP, which again, isn't easy if you get unlucky with the gatcha.

The game is a lot of fun, and I'm sure it will grow into an even better game with time, but I just can't get comfortable with the way things currently are. Not a bad game by any stretch, I just feel my time/attention would be better spent elsewhere.

linkent

happened to everyone.
similar to me for Bleach & GBF.
when you go all out and get nothing.
+ fatigue from the game itself and/or other games.

this game's contents is definitely lacking.
without 3 lvl 150, PC seems to be impossible to contest in.

yet the game is still early and many love Naruto series.
so just keep it casual, get the character from each PC (1 for collection)
pull only on G6* banner.

Zafir

Yeah, I'm just playing super casual.

I'll log in for the dailies, and maybe do events if they aren't too tedious but besides that it's kind of on the downlow.

Though if I'm honest I've not put much time into any mobile game this week, just been busy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Oh, trust me. I'm not adverse to bad pulls in my gatcha games, haha.

It's just that the only 5* I received, from all of the pearls I've obtained from the start, was the one I re-rolled for and the one from the guaranteed banner. The rate of receiving the free pearls to do the summons is so slow, since there's not a lot of content to do in the game right now, aside from the story (which there isn't a lot, with the game just launching a short while ago in Japan) and missions from events (which tend to be difficult, unless you have a strong team of characters already). We have been receiving a few free pearls the last couple of days as login/event bonuses, and they'll definitely keep that going forward, but it still seems a bit slow to me. The last method is through PVP, which again, isn't easy if you get unlucky with the gatcha.

The game is a lot of fun, and I'm sure it will grow into an even better game with time, but I just can't get comfortable with the way things currently are. Not a bad game by any stretch, I just feel my time/attention would be better spent elsewhere.

Personally I would just reroll if I've only received the one 5-star out of all those pulls. Pull rates are bad in this game (when aren't they), but that's especially bad.

I spent 100 pearls on new banner, got nothing. Rage bought a few more pearls (I think they do this on purpose), was able to get Neji and the new Hinata. Wish I didn't rage buy pearls but what can you do.

I have to say, the F2P raid units they keep giving us are pretty awesome. The Lee's jutsu charges in 3 turns and his stats are both north of 1000. He can also be awoken 5 times, so I'm guessing he'll end up at around 1250/1250, plus all skills unlocked. That's pretty sweet. Sure, not as high as the uber stats of full LB Sasuke by any stretch, but still a good unit. And currently my best blue unit.

The new mechanic of reducing unit cost by fusing additional units is pretty P2W focused but overall a positive addition (since no real PvP).

PC comes back next week. Will be interesting to see how ppl stack up to the uber LB characters.

Lupercal

Banned
Does awakening a character make them lose their luck/ability?

Got a bunch of Haku's but I'm thinking do I awaken one first and then train or otherwise?

commish

Does awakening a character make them lose their luck/ability?

Got a bunch of Haku's but I'm thinking do I awaken one first and then train or otherwise?

Nope. You will always retain the luck/ability unlocks. If you have 4 Hakus, I would fuse 3 into the 1 for the unlocks, and then level up the 1 normally.

Zafir

I decided id only use 50 pearls. I've got 50 Pearls left for the guaranteed banner.

Edit: Man the grind for the limit breaks really isn't helped by the fact that MP is just really tedious to do now. There's more people looking for rooms than there are rooms. You constantly refresh and even if you see a room after a while it's instantly full. :/

Uthred

Been playing this on "life support" for the last two weeks, partially due to being busy and partially due to being a bit bored with it. The LB grind just doesnt appeal, the return on time investment for this game just feels lacking. Even though if I'm being objective its probably no worse than any other gacha game. The new cost reduction mechanic feels very P2W, it's a big boost at this point when peoples overall player levels are relatively low. Well I've got enough saved up for 2 10 pulls on the Lee gacha, even though experience suggests waiting for a guarantee/x2 pull might as well blow them and make a clean break.

Edit: One dupe Kakashi out of 100 pearls. I suppose the dupe is slightly better now ;) Though fear of dupes was why I skipped the guaranteed one.

MiTYH

I'm probably playing this wrong, but whatever. I check in daily, and lately I've just been auto-ing Haku's C-raid. It's easy, and more than 1/2 the time I get a drop, which goes to Haku himself for a luck bonus. I know there's more I should be doing, like farming for ramen to evolve my Sasuke, or something. Some of these missions just seem impossible without a healer, solo, and multiplayer is so broken that either (A) I host and never get anyone decent to join, or (B) I join and get kicked partway through.

Annoying. But I like Namco and Naruto, so I'll stick with it and hope for good updates in the future

Zafir

Man the irritating thing about the A Trial mission for the character crystals is I swear it never drops the ones I need.

The last two I've done, all I got were Gaara faces. I DON'T EVEN HAVE GAARA. In total I've done it five or six times, and I've only gotten 1 crystal of use, a Kakashi one. The rest have been Sasuke and Gaara, the two I don't have. It's such an high stamina cost for something you can't even control what you get. x.x

chrono01

Sakura Bundle up!
Gonna purchase 1 copy for collection

There is a person in reddit posting getting 90 pearls refunds from this maintenance.
Could be some bug from gacha.
No luck.

Not going to purchase Sakura, since I plan to log in daily, hoard whatever pearls I can, and go all-out whenever they choose to release the first "Legend" character (you know there will be one, Treasure Cruise has them and so does Dokkan Battle). It'll probably be something like Nine-Tails Naruto. If I don't get it, I'm just going to re-roll until I do, so I have something solid to go forward with. As previously mentioned, I've gotten horrible pulls with my current account, so I'm (more-or-less) done with it, unless I get lucky with my next batch of pulls. :(

commish

Not sure I'm going to bite on the Sakura purchase, though it does seem reasonable, all things considered.

commish

New patch out. They revamped the friend system (only drops ramen and money frogs now), which is a great addition. They also released rasengan naruto, Temari and Kankuro. PC also started. Really like the direction they are headed with this changes. I had so many FP just sitting there.

MiTYH

Phantom Castle is back. I'm hoping I do better this time. I finally have a 6* Sasuke, so I'm running him, 6-Kikashi (Yellow), and 5* Red Haku. Together they cover a lot of elements. Kikashi has range, while Sasuke/Haku have quick to fire abilities that guarentee a +1 ki to everyone. So we'll see if I do better this time around, try to break 1000 (I kind of gave up last time since I have no healer and it seems necessary with my team)

I wish I hadn't had used all my Friend Points recently, the new revamped system is great.

Slaythe

Phantom Castle is back. I'm hoping I do better this time. I finally have a 6* Sasuke, so I'm running him, 6-Kikashi (Yellow), and 5* Red Haku. Together they cover a lot of elements. Kikashi has range, while Sasuke/Haku have quick to fire abilities that guarentee a +1 ki to everyone. So we'll see if I do better this time around, try to break 1000 (I kind of gave up last time since I have no healer and it seems necessary with my team)

I wish I hadn't had used all my Friend Points recently, the new revamped system is great.

You make the typo everytime so I'm gonna ask, why do you misspell Kakashi's name ?

Zafir

I feel like they've changed how much resources you start with in PC. I've been getting my Kakashi ult on turn 2 instead of turn 3.

Zafir

Yeah, lot harder. Still almost a guaranteed win if you run with Kabuto, though, because fo how heal scaling works.

Still have yet to pull him. :(

It's especially sad because I must have pretty much every other 4*/5* character besides the newer ones.

Kysuke

Hey i have a few questions.

1- When you awaken someone, is it better to max their HP/ATK first for max potential or does the lvl 6 ver have the same base stats anyway?

2-Also does this apply to abilities? should i just get 4 gaaras to lvl 6 then eat them or if i eat them at lvl 5 the awakened one will have the abilities?

GAMETA

Banned
I read the tittle and was like "the fuck, I just bought NS4"... gladly it's a mobile game and I don't have to worry about not finding matches :D

linkent

Hey i have a few questions.

1- When you awaken someone, is it better to max their HP/ATK first for max potential or does the lvl 6 ver have the same base stats anyway?

2-Also does this apply to abilities? should i just get 4 gaaras to lvl 6 then eat them or if i eat them at lvl 5 the awakened one will have the abilities?
1. You need to max level the character before awakening them.
Same character have same maxed stats. (There are pill you can feed to those character to increase their atk/hp stats capped at 300hp and 100atk for 6*)
Also some character can be limit break to extend their max level.

2. All character gain abilities from feeding "dupes"
5* have 4 additional abilities to be unlocked.
All will gain another abilitiy after awakening.(5skills at 6*)

To gain all abilities of Gaara, you will need total 6 copies of him.
If you plan to feed them, you dont need to awaken them,

Kysuke

1. You need to max level the character before awakening them.
Same character have same maxed stats. (There are pill you can feed to those character to increase their atk/hp stats capped at 300hp and 100atk for 6*)
Also some character can be limit break to extend their max level.

2. All character gain abilities from feeding "dupes"
5* have 4 additional abilities to be unlocked.
All will gain another abilitiy after awakening.(5skills at 6*)

To gain all abilities of Gaara, you will need total 6 copies of him.
If you plan to feed them, you dont need to awaken them,

thanks

commish

Man, the quality of opponents in PC is no joke. Even at ranks in the thousands, I'm fighting level 140 full 6 star teams. Yikes.

Zafir

Man, the quality of opponents in PC is no joke. Even at ranks in the thousands, I'm fighting level 140 full 6 star teams. Yikes.

You're telling me. One wrong move and you can get wrecked without an healer.

Edit: It's not even just Limit Broken chars either. Rock Lee at max level is just painful for me to deal with. I don't have any solid greens so he does 1500 damage on one of my units when he uses his jutsu.

MiTYH

A win for me is all about placement. If it's the 1v1 in three corners, I hurt to stay alive. Put any two together and I seem to turn out alright. 6-Sasuke's green jutsu is amazing for damage against blues, plus giving slip and being easy to fill.

I'm at 60-something, struggling to stay about the 10k cutoff. Probably should have done more this weekend, but real life/DBZ Dokkan took priority

commish

A win for me is all about placement. If it's the 1v1 in three corners, I hurt to stay alive. Put any two together and I seem to turn out alright. 6-Sasuke's green jutsu is amazing for damage against blues, plus giving slip and being easy to fill.

I'm at 60-something, struggling to stay about the 10k cutoff. Probably should have done more this weekend, but real life/DBZ Dokkan took priority

Dokkan, forget that WT. It takes decades to grind out 80 wins, haha. I'll stop at 30 or 35.

Zafir

Rock Lee has been the absolute bane of my existence lol. It's so irritating that you can't see the rest of the party that you choose to go against. The amount of times I've picked something I'm strong to, to then have a bloody Rock Lee 6* behind is just agonising. I just have nothing to deal with his damage - no Kabuto to heal me back up through his 400 damage normals, 1500 damage jutsus. No strong green to tank his damage.

I was attempting to get into the top 1000 at the start, but the past few days I've been pretty slack and slipped back down to the 2000-3000s. I'll just make sure I keep above 5000 by tomorrow I guess.

Lupercal

Banned
This daily login system is so shite, 3rd time it forgot I logged in and reset me back to 0. Almost had those 20 pearls. FFs.

Delio

So i loaded the game back up after a while and did a pull on that Rasengan Naruto banner and actually pulled him. That's neat.

Zafir

Maintenance keeps getting extended... Now they haven't even given a time.

Come on free compensation pearls!

MiTYH

Maintenance finally done, new app version to download

Healer summon is up! Did a multi and.... bronze/silver, no gold or new units. Feels bad. Someday I'll get a healer... someday...

EDIT:
Did a second multi summon to polish off any remaining stones I had, because I REALLY wanted a healer.

....no golds. But I got silver Green Kabuto! Which isn't perfect, but I'll take it. Also got heart Shizune which, even those it's a 3-4*, is still a healer.

commish

no GSSR is seriously bullshit.

I think that's coming next week, iirc and if we follow Japan. The rates of top characters is so g-damn low in this game. Getting 3-star characters is just depressing, considering how few free stones they give us.

Not sure I understand what this golden drop thingy or whatever is. But they are coming out with new features pretty fast.

MiTYH

Contemplating Rerolling. I've got a second device, and due to maintenance gems you don't need to host any multiplayer to get the guaranteed 30-pull, just finish the tutorial and pull. I've got 6-star skill-Sasuke and brave-Kakashi, and a nice heart-Haku maxed with luck. But after pulling for a healer and basically failing, I'm feeling disheartened. Might try to get something better, or some multi-6s and start over. It worked for me for Dokkan, and I'm feeling the lack of gems now

EDIT: First multi on a new account got 6-Sasuka and Shikamaru. Might try for another to see if I can get a healer

commish

If you don't have a healer on your main account, and you haven't spent any money, then I would definitely consider rerolling. Healers are so important.

Zafir

Lol, did 19 pulls on the banner trying to get Tsunade since I didn't own Kabuto. Nothing, nor Kabuto, or any other good 5*.

Sigh.

commish

Lol, did 19 pulls on the banner trying to get Tsunade since I didn't own Kabuto. Nothing, nor Kabuto, or any other good 5*.

Sigh.

This game is making it VERY clear that pulling on anything other than banners with a guaranteed 6-star is a waste. It's maddening. I have so many of those shitty 3-stars.

Zafir

This game is making it VERY clear that pulling on anything other than banners with a guaranteed 6-star is a waste. It's maddening. I have so many of those shitty 3-stars.

Even worse they don't seem to be giving Global them that often - unlike Japan. I thought we would have gotten the Rock Lee Neji guaranteed pull by now.

chrono01

Since I'd used everything on my main account, I figured I'd re-roll and see what I could get. On my third re-roll, I managed to get:

5* Rock Lee (BOD)
5* Kabuto (SKL)
4* Shikamaru (WIS)
4* Kabuto (WIS)
4* Kidomaru (SKL)

This was on the Tsunade banner (35 pearls used).

I'm almost tempted to just start over, and save every single pearl from here on out on guaranteed banner, and slowly build up my units over time. I heard Rock Lee is pretty great for Phantom Castle, and I have a few healers to pair with him.

commish

I would continue with that team. Two Kabutos is sweet.

Btw if you go back and do all the requirements for the story missions you get 1 pearl as of today. So they added over 100 free pearls for us to collect. Pretty sweet.

chrono01

I would continue with that team. Two Kabutos is sweet.

Btw if you go back and do all the requirements for the story missions you get 1 pearl as of today. So they added over 100 free pearls for us to collect. Pretty sweet.
Yeah, I'm definitely settled on this account now. I purchased the Sakura bundle and everything (since I've heard she's a great "free" unit), and once I'm invested, there's no going back for me, haha.

I'm going to enjoy just working through things slowly, and re-building everything. When I first started, I kind of rushed myself, since I thought I needed to catch up quickly, but then ran out of stuff to do. Now, I'm going to take it easy, farm lower missions for character drops (and the mission drops, as you mentioned), earn pearls, and SAVE THEM! I might do a single pull here and there, just to see, but the next multi-summon I'll do will be on guaranteed banners, and only on guaranteed banners. Meanwhile, I'll increase my character box and such with pearls, to give myself a bit of breathing room for materials.

I'll post my ID here, if anyone has room. I won't be switching to another account, so you won't have to worry about re-adding me again. I'm running my Rock Lee now (only 5*), but I'm working on leveling him as fast as possible and will evolve him as soon as I can.

Top Bottom