• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing |OT| Mobile Naruto, Perverted Hermit

linkent

Added you Brono.
If you have time to coop, join as many scroll coop as you can.
Limit breaking take a looooot of thse scrolls.
They seriously need to add the limit breaking stone quest back or make it weekly.

chrono01

Added you Brono.
If you have time to coop, join as many scroll coop as you can.
Limit breaking take a looooot of thse scrolls.
They seriously need to add the limit breaking stone quest back or make it weekly.
Thanks man, will accept shortly.

I'm not too worried about leveling my Rock Lee to 70 (he's nearly there now), I just don't know how difficult it'll be to actually complete the raid mission needed to evolve him to 6* (when it returns). I'll have Sakura at 6* by then (I plan to grind the WIS dailies a lot today, when they switch over, and get her leveled + evolved), and I will have two healers (Kabuto and Kabuto) and Shikamaru to immobilze, but I've heard a tank is recommended. I could always level/evolve Kidomaru, I guess...

Hopefully we get another guaranteed banner soon, so I can pull another 6*. Thankfully, if we do, the ones included in all of the upcoming banners that are guaranteed are characters I don't have, so I don't have to worry about getting a dupe.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
With 2 healers and a tank (anyone with the counter element), you can beat most things. It may take a while but you can almost always outheal the damage done.

And I agree, the freaking limit breaking dungeon should be weekly. I need to get it back.

I'm just re-doing the story missions now in an effort to get pearls for next week Sasuke/Gaara banner. Wasted too many on this banner, but I did finally pull another Naruto for my heart team. Since everyone uses Sasuke for PC, Naruto is my MVP and why I didn't lose.

BJK

Somehow managed to move up ~200 spots in the final PC rankings...to 4995! Thank you, bonus copy of Hinata and extra pearls to make up for the pair of failed 10-pulls for Tsunade.

6*'s = My PC team.
Kakashi (Brv) - my reroll
Sasuke - from the guaranteed pull
Sakura (Wis) - because I like the game enough to throw $25 at the developers...this time. Long range + first aid + AoE jutsu = no regrets.

5*s
Sarutobi (3rd Hokage) - came with reroll
Hinata (from PC, 1 skill-up) - already has higher attack @Lv47 than my 6* Kakashi does in the 70s.

Aside from 4* Kabuto, is there any real point to holding on to 3-4* characters?

commish

Aside from 4* Kabuto, is there any real point to holding on to 3-4* characters?

If other Bandai games are any indication, you never know when a character will be buffed (e.g., allow limit breaking) or when a game mode might require one of these lesser characters. For example, if the team cost is capped at 75, then you'll need these cheap units.

That said, I wouldn't keep more than 1 of a unit after it's been maxed out.

Zafir

I agree with the Limit Breaking. I didn't actually manage to get many character crystals last time because I kept getting Gaara and Sasuke ones when I don't even have either (I've Kakashi and Naruto out of the LB 6*'s). So I'm just stuck until it comes around again.

Kabuto is always a worthy pull.

Congrats!

Cheers, yeah can maybe start doing the harder missions, lol.

chrono01

oh shit... fuck my life

so if you get a 4* kakashi its ok cause he can get to 6?
Unfortunately, no. :(

The only characters that can go to 6* are 5* ones, and they're pulled in their 5* form. Not all 5* characters can go to 6*, but Gaara is one of them. The 4* Kakashi you're talking about is probably the promotional one given away in-game. He can evolve to 5* (IIRC) but nothing beyond that. There are two Kakashi currently available in the gatcha that can go to 6*, but again, you need to pull the 5* version first.

Gaara is a solid character to start out with, though. He's WIS-attribute, meaning he's not weak to anything, and he has amazing range. Traditionally, people recommend doing your first set of starting pulls and try for a 6* character, as well as a few support (immobilizers, sealers, etc.). A 6* and a healer is what you really want, assuming you can manage it.

chrono01

ok on this reroll i got 5* neji on free roll and 4* kabuto on 10 pull. should i keep this or reroll?
4* Kabuto is one of the best healers in the game right now, and Neji is a decent support. Neither can go to 6*, though. Unfortunately, your Gaara roll was better.

If you're really patient, you could save the Kabuto/Neji account and wait for a guaranteed banner to get your 6*, but that could be a ways off. If you don't mind re-rolling (it's easy right now, since they give you enough to do a Running Start summon without needing to grind co-op like you used to have to), you could try more for a 6* + Kabuto. It's entirely up to you.

4* Kabuto is one of the best healers in the game right now, and Neji is a decent support. Neither can go to 6*, though. Unfortunately, your Gaara roll was better.

If you're really patient, you could save the Kabuto/Neji account and wait for a guaranteed banner to get your 6*, but that could be a ways off. If you don't mind re-rolling (it's easy right now, since they give you enough to do a Running Start summon without needing to grind co-op like you used to have to), you could try more for a 6* + Kabuto. It's entirely up to you.

thanks.... kicking myself for that gaara reroll... didnt realize you couldnt roll for a 6

What color/element is the Neji? Black or Green?

he was purple

chrono01

What color/element is the Neji? Black or Green?
If he's pulling from the Running Start banner, he can't pull the SKL Neji. :)

thanks.... kicking myself for that gaara reroll... didnt realize you couldnt roll for a 6
No worries, you'll get another 6* character soon. If you are using the Running Start banner (for 30 pearls per summon), the four you're after are:

(In no particular order)

Naruto
Sasuke
Kakashi
Gaara

Those are the four 5* from that banner that have 6* evolutions (as well as Limit Breaking). If you can get one of those four (or even more than one!), and a couple support units (especially a healer) to go with it, you're good. After that, I'd recommend saving your pearls for future 6* guaranteed banners, and slowly build up your team over time. I'd advise against pulling on standard banners, if you can help it, since the rates are generally poor. You're better off waiting for the guaranteed banners, and using the pearls to expand your character box (you'll need a lot for storing materials later on) or other quality-of-life things.

commish

Ah, had no idea the start banner was limited.

FWIW, the purple (why did I think black?!) Neji is probably my most used character so far. Love that guy.

chrono01

Ah, had no idea the start banner was limited.

FWIW, the purple (why did I think black?!) Neji is probably my most used character so far. Love that guy.
Yeah, I wasn't sure either, that's why I checked the gatcha list in-game before I pulled. I wanted one of the new units and a better chance at a healer, so I went for the 7 pulls on the Tsunade banner than the 10 pulls on the Running Start (using the initial 35 pearls you get after completing the tutorial). I still haven't done the Running Start, and likely won't.

I'm surprised we haven't received a second guaranteed banner yet. I was expecting one to come during the Tsunade banner, but I guess not. I really hope it's not one of those things where we get a fraction of what Japan gets. :(

Yeah, I wasn't sure either, that's why I checked the gatcha list in-game before I pulled. I wanted one of the new units and a better chance at a healer, so I went for the 7 pulls on the Tsunade banner than the 10 pulls on the Running Start (using the initial 35 pearls you get after completing the tutorial). I still haven't done the Running Start, and likely won't.

I'm surprised we haven't received a second guaranteed banner yet. I was expecting one to come during the Tsunade banner, but I guess not. I really hope it's not one of those things where we get a fraction of what Japan gets. :(

so its better to roll with 5? instead of the 30 for 10?

commish

Yeah there's a lot of bitching in the Reddit sub about the lack of guaranteed banners. The pull rates are such shit. I vowed to never pull until we get guaranteed banners but we haven't yet.

Generally speaking, though, Japanese versions of games are more generous than global/U.S. versions. I read that this is the case because the Japanese market is more competitive for these types of games, and if your pull rates are too shitty, people will just play a game where the pull rates are better. Dokkan is definitely like this. Naruto seems the same.

chrono01

so its better to roll with 5? instead of the 30 for 10?
It's up to you and whether you think the newer characters are worth it or not. The 6* in the Running Start banner (the ones I mentioned earlier) are still great characters, particularly Naruto and Sasuke who excel in Phantom Castle, with Kakashi/Gaara being great for general use. The ones in the Tsunade banner contain Tsunade herself, along with all of the other 6* currently in-game, so Neki, Rock Lee, Rasengan Naruto, etc., along with the ones available in the Running Start.

If you don't mind re-rolling more often, and getting three less pulls out of each re-roll, you could try the Tsunade banner like I did. Kabuto (SKL) is also featured there, and he's currently the second best healer in-game (the best being Tsunade). Kabuto (WIS) is still a fine healer though.

Yeah there's a lot of bitching in the Reddit sub about the lack of guaranteed banners. The pull rates are such shit. I vowed to never pull until we get guaranteed banners but we haven't yet.

Generally speaking, though, Japanese versions of games are more generous than global/U.S. versions. I read that this is the case because the Japanese market is more competitive for these types of games, and if your pull rates are too shitty, people will just play a game where the pull rates are better. Dokkan is definitely like this. Naruto seems the same.
Yeah, gatcha games in Japan are definitely a different beast than they are here in NA. It's just saddening to see them receive guaranteed banners (and so often) where we get nothing. I understand the need to appeal harder in Japan, since as you said there's more competition, but there's no reason they can't show similar treatment to us. With the Internet, and the way things are, to cater to one side more than another is just going to alienate the Global fan-base. :(

so been rolling tsunade banner

this time i got 5* purp neji again and 5* hidden left eye kakashi. is this the kakashi that can turn to 6?

got no healers.

reroll or nah?

Zafir

I don't think it's just that though.

The fact they have to state their rates by law probably helps. I doubt putting a 0.1% rate would push many people to roll.
so been rolling tsunade banner

this time i got 5* purp neji again and 5* hidden left eye kakashi. is this the kakashi that can turn to 6?

got no healers.

reroll or nah?

He can be awakened to 6*, yeah.

It's debatable if you reroll. If you're getting sick of rerolling, keep it. Otherwise you could probably get a few more useful units.

If you do decide to reroll, take a screenshot of the data transfer page(it has a user id and a transfer code on). That way you can always go back to that account should you not get anything better.

I don't think it's just that though.

The fact they have to state their rates by law probably helps. I doubt putting a 0.1% rate would push many people to roll.

He can be awakened to 6*, yeah.

It's debatable if you reroll. If you're getting sick of rerolling, keep it. Otherwise you could probably get a few more useful units.

If you do decide to reroll, take a screenshot of the data transfer page(it has a user id and a transfer code on). That way you can always go back to that account should you not get anything better.

oh thats dope. how do you go back exactly?

nvm, i see you gotta goto the title screen to do it

chrono01

damn just got 5* naruto 5* zabuza and 5* kiminaro....

but no damn healers.
Two 6* and a tank? Damn, not sure I'd be able to let that account go...

Healers are constantly being added to the game. Right now, we have two Kabuto, Shizune, Sakura (not a jutsu healer, but she has a field skill that accomplishes it), and Tsunade. Up to you whether to go on without one, but your chances of grabbing at least one of the aforementioned healers (over time, through regular gatcha pullings) is decent. There's also the Running Start banner, if you really want to try your luck, but you won't have access to the new Kabuto or Tsunade in there.

If you're really desperate, you could also grab the bundle Sakura (costs money, though) before she leaves. Once again, she doesn't have a jutsu heal, but her field skill heals allies.

Zafir

You don't need them, no, just means some of the harder content may be a bit off limit until you pull one. Most of the harder ones you aren't forced to do though.

Well, you may be with Zabuza - to get him to 6* you need to do his A rank which isn't pretty. I guess you could try MP though, hope some people with healers join and hope they're good enough players to beat it.

chrono01

i mean, I can roll with no healers right?
For difficult content, healers are a great help. It's part of the reason why I re-rolled my previous account, since I didn't have one of the top-rank ones, not to mention another 6* to go along with it. However, with two 6* already on your account, and with all of the pearls still available to you in-game, I'd like to think that you wouldn't be that unlucky to not pull one eventually, once the more challenging missions unlock for you.

When I re-rolled, I had it in my mind to settle for nothing less than a 6* character and one of the top-tier healers. This is because 6* should (generally) come to you with time, if Namco Bandai continue to release guaranteed banners. Healers, on the other hand, are a more specific niche, so you have to rely on chance to get one. That being said, having two 6* to begin your account (even if one of those requires a difficult raid to fully awaken) is difficult to say "no" to. You could always grind pearls in-game and try the Running Start banner to see if you can manage a healer, or just save for the next guaranteed 6* banner (assuming we get another one ;_;) and hope you get one there.

For difficult content, healers are a great help. It's part of the reason why I re-rolled my previous account, since I didn't have one of the top-rank ones, not to mention another 6* to go along with it. However, with two 6* already on your account, and with all of the pearls still available to you in-game, I'd like to think that you wouldn't be that unlucky to not pull one eventually, once the more challenging missions unlock for you.

When I re-rolled, I had it in my mind to settle for nothing less than a 6* character and one of the top-tier healers. This is because 6* should (generally) come to you with time, if Namco Bandai continue to release guaranteed banners. Healers, on the other hand, are a more specific niche, so you have to rely on chance to get one. That being said, having two 6* to begin your account (even if one of those requires a difficult raid to fully awaken) is difficult to say "no" to. You could always grind pearls in-game and try the Running Start banner to see if you can manage a healer, or just save for the next guaranteed 6* banner (assuming we get another one ;_;) and hope you get one there.

is there a limit on pearls you can earn in this game for free?

chrono01

is there a limit on pearls you can earn in this game?
There is. You get a certain amount for joining new people in co-op (up to 100, I believe?), as well as for completing chapters and from the recently-added drop missions (for getting all of the drops in a single level). You also receive them as login bonuses on occasion, as well as for compensation.

New stuff is always being added that rewards new pearls, but that's staggered over time.

linkent

For healer, you guys can farm Sakura in one of the stage. Just reddit for it. No heal skill, but the passive will do fine for stalling with perfect dodger.
Do keep most characters as there are mission where character cost must not exceed 28.
PC try to get Lee from raid and LB him as high as possible.
We dont really need a tank. Just find many of those perfect dodgers(you can find many color of them) and fit them into mono color team mission.

chrono01

Can't load any games since last night, anyone else have problems?
Yeah, apparently it's linked with luck or certain character if they're in your team? We're not entirely sure, people on Reddit are trying to rule things out. I haven't been too terribly affected by it, but I have received the infinite loading screen a few times when trying a couple co-op matches.

Zafir

Hadn't played the game over the weekend since I've been doing other things. But just tried to do two scrolls missions and got the loading bug on both. Bye bye 50 Stamina. x.x

chrono01

Hadn't played the game over the weekend since I've been doing other things. But just tried to do two scrolls missions and got the loading bug on both. Bye bye 50 Stamina. x.x
Yeah, they need to fix this and soon. The people on Reddit are furious, and for good reason.

I kind of wonder how long the game will last with these issues. It doesn't seem to be super-popular in Japan, and if the Global release is plagued with glitches such as this, I can't imagine too many people sticking around. :(

I'm sitting on just under 250 pearls now. I'm tempted to go for Tsunade, but seeing those rates (2%?), not a chance. I'll hold out for a guaranteed banner, if we ever get another one.

commish

I didn't play for a few days because of the bug, I just found out that if I use low luck characters, it works. Weird bug. So, I benched my 70 luck character and use a 10 luck character without issue.

linkent

I didn't play for a few days because of the bug, I just found out that if I use low luck characters, it works. Weird bug. So, I benched my 70 luck character and use a 10 luck character without issue.

according to reddit, the sound 4 seems caused it.
been using high luck and having no issue.
but the moment i try all heart team with Tayuya, the loading comes.

I use a 50 luck character and felt like it was reasonable which is something like 27% chance.

I still have to play each mission 10+ times though.

commish

according to reddit, the sound 4 seems caused it.
been using high luck and having no issue.
but the moment i try all heart team with Tayuya, the loading comes.

Oh shit, that's exactly who my high luck character is, part of the Sound 4. Thanks for that. Wish I had known days ago. "Wasted" an entire weekend not playing.

chrono01

Wow, a whole 4 pearls for the issue.

They're so generous...........

:|
It's embarrassing. Three whole days, of wasted stamina and a large amount of people being unable to play, and they couldn't even give enough for a free summon. A free summon, with ridiculously-bad rates. I think it was determined that Tsunade was at something like a 2% chance?

I'm still waiting for a guaranteed banner before I do my next pull, if we ever get another one. I have a large number of Pearls, but those are from completing story content, as well as joining new people in multi-player, so what I have now will have to last me a while.

Still, the least they could have done is made it an even five Pearls. Hell, even ten wouldn't have been asking too much for 72 hours of downtime for a lot of people. I'm not about to argue over a lost Pearl or two, but it just seems stingy to me.

Caim

Oh wow.

I stopped playing for awhile and then I came back and tried to do the Orochimaru mission and thought it was just an emulator problem. I had no idea it was an actual issue.

Top Bottom