• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing |OT| Mobile Naruto, Perverted Hermit

MiTYH

Did my second multipull, got me a dupe Sasuke and all silvers/bronzes.

Best option here is to feed it to itself to increase luck and lower cost, right?

chrono01

Did my second multipull, got me a dupe Sasuke and all silvers/bronzes.

Best option here is to feed it to itself to increase luck and lower cost, right?
Unless you want to run a dual Sasuke or something for PC, you got it! It also unlocks the first of his awakening abilities.

Edit:

Against my better judgement, and since the next guaranteed banner didn't interest me (I don't really want Dodge Kakashi, or Haku), I did one more multi-pull on this banner (it ends in less than 24 hours). I really wanted either Kakashi or Neji (ideally Neji, but Kakashi is still a great character, with his 7.2x ATK secret jutsu), and...

...I got Kakashi.

I was worried when the pull was all bronze/silver, with a single gold poster. If it were a dupe, I would have been crushed, but thankfully, it wasn't. So many characters to Limit Break now. ;_;

chrono01

Out of nowhere, we get new LB Trials (SKL Kakashi, Haku, Zabuza, and Sakura). I only have the Sakura and I still have Naruto, Kakashi, Gaara and Sasuke to LB, but this is a surprise.

Oh, I also awakened my Rock Lee to 6* today! :)

linkent

Out of nowhere, we get new LB Trials (SKL Kakashi, Haku, Zabuza, and Sakura). I only have the Sakura and I still have Naruto, Kakashi, Gaara and Sasuke to LB, but this is a surprise.

Oh, I also awakened my Rock Lee to 6* today! :)
Gratz on Lee..
Helped me with Hirezen earlier.
Seriously so many to LB. have Zabuza and Sakura.

But I will focus on maxing my raid Lee and Sasuke to prepare for PC.
Have all 4 beginner 6* to LB -_-

chrono01

Gratz on Lee..
Helped me with Hirezen earlier.
Seriously so many to LB. have Zabuza and Sakura.

But I will focus on maxing my raid Lee and Sasuke to prepare for PC.
Have all 4 beginner 6* to LB -_-
Thanks! Yeah, lee is pretty powerful, makes Hiruzen a joke, lol.

That's my plan, too. Focus on the original four 6* right now (Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, and lastly Gaara), and then aim for the next set. Well, I only currently have Sakura from the next set, so I'm not really making a difficult decision, but even still.

You guys probably know, but the second guaranteed banner is now available. As mentioned though, I'm passing. Dodge Kakashi doesn't interest me a whole lot, and neither does Haku. I'm hoping the third guaranteed banner, whenever we do get it, has Tsunade on it. If so, I'll probably go all-in for her.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So many LB mats to get. Getting out of control! Even when I get mats for characters I don't have, I feel like I should keep them...

Zafir

So many LB mats to get. Getting out of control! Even when I get mats for characters I don't have, I feel like I should keep them...

I think invent space is one of the most annoying things about the game. You just don't get enough considering everything goes into it. Every other gacha game I've played has different inventories for different stuff.

chrono01

It's why I'm using pearls to expand my inventory space and not using them for summons. I'm at 150 slots now, but I might spend another 10 pearls and increase it to 200, just to give myself some breathing room.

It's unfortunate to have to spend them there and not for trying for new characters, but I'm currently happy with my roster and more space will always be useful, so I figure it's worth it. It sure would be nice if the crystals stacked (and the ramen/scrolls, for that matter), but considering all of Namco Bandai's games are like this, it's not entirely surprising.

Zafir

Noticed the new banner was up so did one pull since I don't expect another guaranteed banner any time soon but if there is one I'll probably manage to get enough pearls by then anyway. Got another Gaara and another Haku in the same pull. I don't know whether to be happy or sad!

Kysuke

does rock lee only drop the weights in a single run only? I only got one and that was from the one time i did it alone. whenever im on multi, boss lee never drops it.

chrono01

does rock lee only drop the weights in a single run only? I only got one and that was from the one time i did it alone. whenever im on multi, boss lee never drops it.
Yes, only the final boss Rock Lee drops the weights, so a maximum of one per run. The md-point Rock Lee only drops a copy of his raid character.

Are they planning shippuden content and so on?
Eventually, they definitely will.

commish

Shippuden content will break my bank. So many cool characters.

What's great about this game is that they give you "lesser" versions of characters for free. Having a F2P version of Lee, for example, is more than enough to satisfy my love of him.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I think I'm doing something wrong with the Android reroll method and could use some input:

I close the program, rename it in file explorer, then clear data in settings. Go back, re-name it to original name, and start up ap again. However, I still have that big initial ~1400 file download on first startup again. I thought the point of this reroll method was to avoid that? Am I doing something wrong?

Kysuke

Yes, only the final boss Rock Lee drops the weights, so a maximum of one per run. The md-point Rock Lee only drops a copy of his raid character.

Eventually, they definitely will.

Yeah i knew that. But i mean you can only get the drop in solo?

linkent

Hiruzen banner suddenly appear on global.
Senju raid on weekend.

New bundle for Japan is GAI SENSEI!
Itachi strike and Banner also announced.

commish

The pace of new content in this game is pretty good, I have to say. I might have to kick out some cash for Guy.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got a decent reroll so I think I'll actually start playing the game. #1 maverick as the guaranteed banner card, and also a 1k tecniques kakashi in the multipull. I was just hoping for a good 5-star/SS-tier unit in addition to the guaranteed 5-star from the banner so that should do it.

commish

Got a decent reroll so I think I'll actually start playing the game. #1 maverick as the guaranteed banner card, and also a 1k tecniques kakashi in the multipull. I was just hoping for a good 5-star/SS-tier unit in addition to the guaranteed 5-star from the banner so that should do it.

Those are 2 great cards. Naruto is my PC MVP every time.

commish

Did a single pull and got all excited when I saw the golden card.
Off course it's only Jiraiya, one of the worst 5*.

I'm holding out hope that the devs go the Dokkan route and revisit old cards to make them awesome.

Lupercal

Banned
I'm holding out hope that the devs go the Dokkan route and revisit old cards to make them awesome.

That would be great.
On the other hand, those 20 free stones did give me some great pulls.
Another 5* Red Naruto and 5* Green Tayuya. Also Silver Itachi (good for me 5*) and some bronze dweep.

chrono01

With banner rates as they are, I just can't get excited for new banners anymore. I'm just saving whatever pearls I get for the guaranteed banner we get every few months. As long as they rotate in/out new characters, I'd rather just wait and spend the bulk of my pearls doing those summons rather than a slim chance to get anything brand new, such as the HRT Hiruzen and the upcoming Itachi (who looks amazing).

I know gatcha games traditionally have bad rates, but when a new character is released and you have a 2% chance to get him/her, that kind of destroys any possible interest for me. Oh well, I'm having fun LB'ing the characters I do have, so there's that.

linkent

S rank is ridiculous with my current units. Should have focus on Lbing sasuke :(
Doing A easily.

One think i hope that in the future they made challenge by adding environmental element at battlefield instead of just increasing HP/ATK of bosses.

Imagine area that decrease speed/trap the bosses/seal bosses skill.
Fire/poison pool that drain hp when stand on it etc..

So much potential in this game.

Kysuke

is there any special conditions to get the harashima to drop? I beat the A mission like 6 times and i cant get that drop...

chrono01

Had 5 pearls left, did a pull.
Oh man, that Sarutobi. He seems so good!
Gonna try and max him tonight.
I know I'm a bit late, but congrats! He's such a great character, I wish I had him. I refuse to pull outside of guaranteed banners though, so I'm just saving whatever I get until we get the next one. If the banner had a 6% chance, like many of the gatcha games, I'd spend more, but for a 2% chance? No thanks.

I'll just work on continuing to LB the units that I do have, haha.

S rank is ridiculous with my current units. Should have focus on Lbing sasuke :(
Doing A easily.

One think i hope that in the future they made challenge by adding environmental element at battlefield instead of just increasing HP/ATK of bosses.

Imagine area that decrease speed/trap the bosses/seal bosses skill.
Fire/poison pool that drain hp when stand on it etc..

So much potential in this game.
Yeah, the game has some serious potential for sure. I'm excited to see what else they add in the coming months.

BJK

Getting frustrated with the LB battles.

I can clear the B-rank missions with zero problem.
A ranks, I can get into stage 3 fairly easily, and clear through to the boss...only to get 1-2 shot by the boss' special.

I'm rank 66, with maxed (Lv. 100) Naruto (red / #1 maverick), Sakura (purple / Hardened Resolve), Kakashi (yellow / Copier of 1k techniques), and an army of Tsunade friends.

Whatever combination....same result.
I can get the gold drop during the mission, but I can't actually get any of them, since I can't beat the boss character (Sarutobi or Jiraya).

How do you guys do it?

chrono01

A ranks, I can get into stage 3 fairly easily, and clear through to the boss...only to get 1-2 shot by the boss' special.

I'm rank 66, with maxed (Lv. 100) Naruto (red / #1 maverick), Sakura (purple / Hardened Resolve), Kakashi (yellow / Copier of 1k techniques), and an army of Tsunade friends.

I can get the gold drop during the mission, but I can't actually get any of them, since I can't beat the boss character (Sarutobi or Jiraya).

How do you guys do it?

I haven't tried Jiraya's LB A-Rank yet (I've heard it's even more difficult than Hiruzen), but I can do Hiruzen's pretty easily (I even 2x it and hurry through). I run Rock Lee (6*), Sakura (5*) and a BOD Friend. For links, I have WIS Kabuto (5*), SKL Kabuto (5*), and whatever. I don't even need to heal usually, aside from grabbing a few of the potions on the final map (if the boss spawns and immediately uses his jutsu on more than one of my characters. I try to separate them as much as I can before he spawns, but it can sometime lead to it happening. If things get really dangerous, I'll just switch out Sakura with my SKL Kabuto, and his use jutsu to heal, far away from the boss.

I'd say, try to bring as many BOD characters as you can, along with a healer or two, and a BOD friend. If you need help, you can add me. I have a 6* Rock Lee that should be useful, his secret jutsu (and afterwards, primary jutsu) can knock off half of the boss's health in a single go.

Just let me know your in-game name, so I can add you.

Zafir

How do you guys do it?

You basically need a team of the weakness.

In other words, the older one you need a team of Body, and the newer one you need a team of Heart.

A healer(not necessarily of that colour as you could use them in the backline and send them into use the ninjtusu or something) helps too.

commish

How do you guys do it?

Just can't group up when he's going to special. You need an off element to tank it. Also know that he does his special as soon as he appears, so have your characters spread out to minimize damage. I would say you also need a healer, even if you have to bring one from a friend. It's hard to do anything without someone to heal while you stall.

MANUELF

Banned
Im rerolling and just got two 5 star characters(Shikamaru Nara lazy guy and Itachi Uchiha Cold hearted Criminal) good enough or I keep rerolling?

chrono01

Im rerolling and just got two 5 star characters(Shikamaru Nara lazy guy and Itachi Uchiha Cold hearted Criminal) good enough or I keep rerolling?
'fraid not. What you're looking for are base 5* characters, that can evolve to 6*. The ones you mentioned are 3* characters, evolved to a 5*. You can definitely do better.

Aim for either Tsunade, Hiruzen, or Neji. Those are all amazing, and will be a great start for you. Rock Lee is great too, and definitely SS tier, but he might be a bit more difficult starting out, since you need to do his A-Rank raid mission to unlock the components to evolve him to 6* and it's quite difficult. Not unbeatable, but still a challenge. I started with Rock Lee personally, as well as a few healers (both Kabuto version), and managed to clear it with them, along with the bundle Sakura (that I purchased, unfortunately she's no longer available) and a strong SKL friend. Just stall a lot and tank the boss with SKL unit, while slowing shipping away at his health and healing at the bottom, far away from the boss (with your non-SKL characters).

Tsunade is the optimal start, since you don't need to do a raid to evolve her to 6*, and she can both heal as well as do damage.

MANUELF

Banned
Ideally you'd want 5* characters that can be awakened to 6*.

Have a look here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NarutoBlazing/wiki/tierlist

'fraid not. What you're looking for are base 5* characters, that can evolve to 6*. The ones you mentioned are 3* characters, evolved to a 5*. You can definitely do better.

Aim for either Tsunade, Hiruzen, or Neji. Those are all amazing, and will be a great start for you. Rock Lee is great too, and definitely SS tier, but he might be a bit more difficult starting out, since you need to do his A-Rank raid mission to unlock the components to evolve him to 6* and it's quite difficult. Not unbeatable, but still a challenge. I started with Rock Lee personally, as well as a few healers (both Kabuto version), and managed to clear it with them, along with the bundle Sakura (that I purchased, unfortunately she's no longer available) and a strong SKL friend. Just stall a lot and tank the boss with SKL unit, while slowing shipping away at his health and healing at the bottom, far away from the boss (with your non-SKL characters).

Tsunade is the optimal start, since you don't need to do a raid to evolve her to 6*, and she can both heal as well as do damage.

Thanks for the info, lets see how long it takes to get one of them

MANUELF

Banned
Sorry for double posting but Im still rerolling and just now I got Haku Frozen Heart and Gaara Sand Defense both being 5 star, I still reroll right?

chrono01

Sorry for double posting but Im still rerolling and just now I got Haku Frozen Heart and Gaara Sand Defense both being 5 star, I still reroll right?
Yes, re-roll.

LB Haku is better than he was, still not amazing though. Gaara (Sand Defence) honestly, is probably the weakest of all current 6* characters, even when fully LB'd.

MANUELF

Banned
Yes, re-roll.

LB Haku is better than he was, still not amazing though. Gaara (Sand Defence) honestly, is probably the weakest of all current 6* characters, even when fully LB'd.
The problem I see is that the begginer banner(the one that cost 30 gems to do a multipull) doesnt have any 6* characters and you start with less than 50 gems so the only way to get them is a single summon on the haku banner and that takes a while

chrono01

The problem I see is that the begginer banner(the one that cost 30 gems to do a multipull) doesnt have any 6* characters and you start with less than 50 gems so the only way to get them is a single summon on the haku banner and that takes a while
The beginner banner has four 6* characters, that being Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara (the one you got), and Kakashi. Of those four, Sasuke (who's amazing at PC, and an overall great unit when LB'd) and Kakashi (again, when LB'd) are the "recommended" ones, but Naruto isn't too bad either. As mentioned, Gaara is definitely the weakest of the four, despite providing a decent buddy link.

If you're just doing the beginner banner, I'd aim for either Sasuke or Kakashi, and a healer (WIS Kabuto, preferably) to go along with him. It's up to you, as to how badly you want the "preferred start". I know re-rolling can get tiring after a while. :/

MANUELF

Banned
The beginner banner has four 6* characters, that being Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara (the one you got), and Kakashi. Of those four, Sasuke (who's amazing at PC, and an overall great unit when LB'd) and Kakashi (again, when LB'd) are the "recommended" ones, but Naruto isn't too bad either. As mentioned, Gaara is definitely the weakest of the four, despite providing a decent buddy link.

If you're just doing the beginner banner, I'd aim for either Sasuke or Kakashi, and a healer (WIS Kabuto, preferably) to go along with him. It's up to you, as to how badly you want the "preferred start". I know re-rolling can get tiring after a while. :/

Now I got three 5* characters(Naruto No.1 Maverick twice and Tayuya of the North Gate)plus Sakura Maiden in Love, Chouji, Hisame, Kiba Wild Partners and Shizune Tsunade Attendant so another reroll incoming

chrono01

Isn't Gaara rated SS tier?
The Reddit tier list is a little off. He's a long range, which is great for hitting nearly the entire map, but his attack (even when Limit Broken) is pretty low, and his secret jutsu (while giving a decent multiplier) is single-target only and costs 12 chakra to cast. He's not a horrible character, but is among the least-useful 6*. His buddy link is solid though.

Honestly, if we're talking range, I'd rather bring the bundle Sakura. She hits harder than Gaara, has a healing field skill, and her jutsu costs 4/8 to cast, and the first hits all enemies in her range. Gaara will be further outclasses when Itachi hits, since he's a long-range type as well with much better stats and with an amazing set of jutsu to fall back on.

commish

The Reddit tier list is a little off. He's a long range, which is great for hitting nearly the entire map, but his attack (even when Limit Broken) is pretty low, and his secret jutsu (while giving a decent multiplier) is single-target only and costs 12 chakra to cast. He's not a horrible character, but is among the least-useful 6*. His buddy link is solid though.

Honestly, if we're talking range, I'd rather bring the bundle Sakura. She hits harder than Gaara, has a healing field skill, and her jutsu costs 4/8 to cast, and the first hits all enemies in her range. Gaara will be further outclasses when Itachi hits, since he's a long-range type as well with much better stats and with an amazing set of jutsu to fall back on.

Hm, well we can disagree here. Gaara isn't awesome for his damage. There are 5000 characters that do a lot of damage. Gaara is awesome because of immobilize, and to a lesser extent, his passive and range. Immobilize is probably the best skill in the game and is a game changer against single targets, e.g., bosses. I think you also underestimate how useful Gaara's (or anyone with max range) range is. Being caught up in the enemy's combo is one of the easiest ways to die, especially in PC. That's the biggest downside of short range characters - you are always within combo range, so when you bunch up, the enemy's damage can reach crazy levels.

Against bosses, Sakura isn't in the same class as Gaara on nearly any level. Her jutsus are less useful (rarely ever need AOE on a boss), and while passive healing is nice, it's not going to make much difference with how much damage bosses do, and chances are, you're going to have a dedicated healer anyway. IIRC, Gaara's secret jutsu has the highest damage multiplier in the game (tho the most costly). Against groups of enemies, though, e.g., the fights leading up to the boss, Sakura is much better. Her jutsu is faster charging and AOE, so it's great for cleaning out rooms. The passive healing helps keep your health up over all the trash fights, which makes the fights faster because you don't have to stall as much. Both are really, really good, but have different uses. Against difficult content, I tend to use Gaara.

The only other 6* I use more than Gaara is Neji, who is just a boss for his AOE immobilize.

commish

Man, as much as I love the Naruto IP and the gameplay of this game, I might have to put it on the backburner for a few weeks/months until they come out with more. Just nothing to do except grind for limit break materials?

Top Bottom