• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing |OT| Mobile Naruto, Perverted Hermit

MiTYH

Man, as much as I love the Naruto IP and the gameplay of this game, I might have to put it on the backburner for a few weeks/months until they come out with more. Just nothing to do except grind for limit break materials?

Kinda how I feel. I've just been running Kaku to max it's luck and then... leveling things

Zafir

Man, as much as I love the Naruto IP and the gameplay of this game, I might have to put it on the backburner for a few weeks/months until they come out with more. Just nothing to do except grind for limit break materials?
Yeah I've barely touched it the past two weeks odd.

That said I've barely touched any gacha games.

I think I'm seriously burned out on gacha games at the moment, they're all grinding and I struggle to get any sense of reward out of them.

I've basically just been logging in to get log in rewards more recently.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Oh I'm still on the gacha bandwagon, haha. A nice fellow on GAF gave me a good One Piece Treasure Cruise account to start with (thanks EMTO!) so I've been playing that instead. I'll keep logging into Naruto and picking up any raid characters that come out for a few weeks and then we'll see. It's always rough in the beginning of a gacha game.

MANUELF

Banned
Did a multi while refilling on Itachi banner, Best pulls Were Hinata and Hyuga 4* *sigh*
And now is even worse to reroll since you Get less pearls

Zafir

Wow. Did three pulls and got the newer Gaara.

Such luck.

Makes up for my absolutely appalling luck in Brave Exvius I guess!

Zafir

Man, nothing makes you more salty than doing A rank Gaara, and not getting the upgrade mat drop.

It's a ridiculously hard fight due to the barrier blocking 99% of your damage, only to troll you with no reward!

Zafir

Yeah I got a 3rd Gaara from the banner.

Maybe I shouldn't have pulled mind, it was a 33% chance to get something I didn't have.

commish

I have 0 pearls so no chance of me rolling on anything. Since I am 100% F2P in this game, I am only going to roll on guaranteed banners and where I don't have any of the characters.

Zafir

I have 0 pearls so no chance of me rolling on anything. Since I am 100% F2P in this game, I am only going to roll on guaranteed banners and where I don't have any of the characters.

I mean, outside of buying a bundle for a character, I've been F2P and been lucky enough to get a 6* for each element. So I'm not expecting a guaranteed banner any time soon which doesn't have at least one character I own. :/

chrono01

Yeah I got a 3rd Gaara from the banner.

Maybe I shouldn't have pulled mind, it was a 33% chance to get something I didn't have.
It's 66.6% chance of a dupe for me (I already have Kakashi and Gaara), so I won't be pulling. I would like that Asuma though, especially if he's exclusive to this banner. Kurenai too, when she's added. :/

Man, it feels like forever since the last time I pulled. I'm hoping they have a nice set of banner for the holidays. I really want one of the newer characters (Tsunade, Neji, Hiruzen, Itachi, Shukaku Gaara, etc.), and not the damn starters again! It seems like every banner has them, and I'm sure (by now) they're dupes for the majority of people. :(

BTW, the Shippuden characters released in Japan (Deidara and Sasori) look broken. That power creep.

commish

I mean, outside of buying a bundle for a character, I've been F2P and been lucky enough to get a 6* for each element. So I'm not expecting a guaranteed banner any time soon which doesn't have at least one character I own. :/

Well I'm not planning on pulling for a long while. I might actually just skip this game for a few months and then come back. The thought of playing PC, every 3 hours ,for the next 8+ days, might push me over the edge ;)

chrono01

Well I'm not planning on pulling for a long while. I might actually just skip this game for a few months and then come back. The thought of playing PC, every 3 hours ,for the next 8+ days, might push me over the edge ;)
You might be better off waiting honestly, with the game transitioning into Shippuden content. I have a feeling that our current characters are mostly "filler" until the real game starts, which is where the Shippuden characters come in. I bet they'll be a lot better than what we have currently, so saving whatever gems you earn from here on out might be a good idea, as the game is fleshed out more. They really need to re-work their daily login, though. We should be getting a free daily Pearl, just for logging in, and not 500 Friend Points. There's so little ways to earn Pearls right now in-game, and with how low the rates are, it's a lesson in frustration. :/

Give it a few months, though, and the game should (hopefully) have a lot more features and feel more like an actual game. It very much feels like beta currently, but I'm hopeful that things improve over the next while since, as I've said before, the core gameplay is a lot of fun. They just need to add more content and things to do (when you're not continually farming specific LB materials, such as the character crystals, which is maddening). Maybe add a shop where you can purchase things with points you earn through clearing raids? I'd also like to see a more in-depth mission system, maybe something like clearing certain quests with set characters? Also, equipment would add an additional layer to strategy.

Zafir

I guess with the Shippuden content coming in we'll finally get some more story missions to go through.

But yeah content is a big issue. I mean you're basically cycling between levelling characters and grinding LB mats at the moment.

The raids are okay, but the higher ranks require top end teams or team compositions that can cheese them a bit. The reward for them just isn't good enough though (unless you somehow managed to pull one of the unicorns that make use of them).

When they finally did a raid which did have something worthwhile (ie the old hokage 6*'s) they only had it on for like a day, meaning 99% of people wouldn't have even done it, lol.

Edit: Just looked as Sasori and Deidara's stats and they don't seem that much of a power creep. Their stats are on par with what we've had before. Their jutsu's do more damage, which is quite the improvement but I don't think it's that bad.

Zafir

I'm so salty I didn't get those old hokage 6 stars.
Must've done the raid 7 times before it ended.

I didn't realise it was so time limited.

It was when I was really busy so I only opened the app once each day and didn't check raids much. I noticed that raid and did it once, nothing dropped. Figured I could get it again later when I wasn't busy. How wrong I was. :|

Zafir

Man, it feels a lot harder to push to higher ranks this time round. Not because it's difficult to beat stuff, on the contrary it's more easy than ever due to the damage changes. However, you just lose ranks so quickly because more people are climbing now it's easier, lol.

I'll admit I have missed a few points here and there, but still!

chrono01

Yeah, this Phantom Castle is ridiculously easy, which makes grinding out the LB for my characters even more worthless (at least, for PC). It also makes everyone more viable to compete, which means it's more difficult to retain your high rank. :(

Oh! Another 6* guaranteed banner, this time it's WIS-related. Thankfully, these two characters were new for me (and I needed another 6* WIS character, the only one I had was Sakura) so I pulled. As usual, the pull was complete trash aside from the guaranteed 6*, which is further proof that I will never pull outside of a guaranteed banner. The rates are just too low.

As for my 6* pull, I ended up getting Shukaka Gaara, but I was kind of hoping for Zabuza since he's amazing when fully LB'd. Granted, there's no way to know how Shukaka Gaara will be post-LB (when he receives one), so he could be as good if not better than Zabuza. Also, I do like his Field/Buddy Skill. His raid, though...I have nice characters, but am lacking a lot of full dodge ones. I can clear his raid, but it usually costs me a pearl. I don't particularly mind, assuming I get the drop. If I don't, it's a hard loss to take. It'd be so much easier if I could bring along a Shukaka Gaara Friend, to help reduce the damage across floors as well as use his Secret Jutsu to clear the final floor when the boss spawns, but I can never seem to find one in my Friend List. He must be rare, or people never lead with him.

linkent

Gratz on Garaa.
He is really fun to play when you know a stage will have many mobs.(green cup last stage)

He is really tanky too, but his high cost ability and high unit cost is pulling down his usability.

chrono01

Gratz on Garaa.
He is really fun to play when you know a stage will have many mobs.(green cup last stage)

He is really tanky too, but his high cost ability and high unit cost is pulling down his usability.
Thanks.

Yeah, they really need to do something about the cost on characters. I get that it awards you for getting dupes, but those already give you bonus skills for having an extra. I hate having all of these 6*, and being unable to use them all in a team. My Rank is pretty high too, and I can only manage two 6*, two 5*, and a 3* before running out, and that's not even factoring in Shukaka Gaara's higher cost. :(

Zafir

Gratz.

Yeah, good luck with that raid. Was really painful even though I had BRAV Hinata to dodge, Skill Neji for immob and multiple healers, lol.

Such a troll when he doesn't even drop the damn material too.

I'm so glad I don't have to do that one ever again.

commish

Gratz.

Yeah, good luck with that raid. Was really painful even though I had BRAV Hinata to dodge, Skill Neji for immob and multiple healers, lol.

Agreed, it was definitely a "Fuck this" type of raid. And when it didn't drop, it was just ... sad :( Haha. Oh well. Worth it, as I love the character. Also this PC is super easy. I don't even try to separate opponents to fight 1 on 1 or 2 on 2. I just group everyone up and attack them all at the same time. Haven't come close to losing yet. What's the point of limit breaking anyone if it doesn't matter anywhere?

chrono01

Gratz.

Agreed, it was definitely a "Fuck this" type of raid. And when it didn't drop, it was just ... sad :( Haha. Oh well. Worth it, as I love the character. Also this PC is super easy. I don't even try to separate opponents to fight 1 on 1 or 2 on 2. I just group everyone up and attack them all at the same time. Haven't come close to losing yet. What's the point of limit breaking anyone if it doesn't matter anywhere?
I actually got my final gourd this morning, and that....definitely wasn't fun. :/

I actually didn't mind Rock Lee's raid, since I could tank with Skill-type characters. The problem with Gaara, is that all of the enemies are Wisdom-type which, as you guys know, doesn't have a type that resists damage from. I could make it to the final floor easily enough with stalling/healing, but I found that Gaara did too much damage that I just couldn't heal through (I separated him from the group and tanked him with another, while healing in the corner, only switching in/out when his shield dropped). I had to use a pearl per run, on the boss floor, but thankfully I managed to get all of the gourds I needed after five runs (four runs dropped one per, and then I got an extra one as the lucky drop). Nice to be done with it.

At least now I can use Shukaka Gaara in other/future raids to lessen damage, even if it's another Wisdom (or Bravery) type. If it is a Bravery-type, I'll just buddy him with the OG Kakashi to lessen Bravery damage on him.

Oh, Minato is coming! Looks to be a Bravery/Long Range type. We're not sure yet, if he's a bundle character or gatcha-related, but it seems he can go to 6*.

commish

Making certain characters only available through pay bundles is pretty crazy. For example, Guy. I'm not sure if any other gacha I've played has had that be a regular thing in the game. I guess the good part of it is that they are not overpowered characters. But still.

chrono01

Making certain characters only available through pay bundles is pretty crazy. For example, Guy. I'm not sure if any other gacha I've played has had that be a regular thing in the game. I guess the good part of it is that they are not overpowered characters. But still.
I agree.

I don't mind them making bundles available, but not for characters that are only available to that specific purchase. I've always liked the way GranBlue Fantasy handles their special deals. Basically, once in a while you have a chance to purchase a ten-pull ticket (for 3k yen). Along with this, you get a "choose-your-own" character that you can use on any of the currently-available characters. This package is usually offered outside of special promotions, such as Legend Fest or when exclusive time-limited characters are available, so you can't use your ticket on this, but you can choose anyone else.

If Bandai Namco offered something like this, so you could purchase and then fill in the "gaps" of your character roster with those that you want/are missing, I'd purchase a lot more pearls. Whales would still whale it up, since these bundles would only happen once a month or so, while those that are F2P could wait and grab the character that interests them at a later date, in addition to possibly getting more out of their purchased pearls.

MiTYH

Hrm. So I'm in the 8500s or something for phantom castle, and now the opponents are generally weaker than me. For most of this climb they were all ranked higher so I could get more points, now I struggle to find someone even a few hundred higher than me. Is this always the case?

At any rate, I'm currently at floor 85, should easily hit 90 before this ends but low opponents are making it tough to get to 100. At least I'm guaranteed the one card drop, don't know how anyone F2P does this at a higher rank

EDIT: Also really pissed because I wasn't paying attention ONE time in an early level and lost. Other than that, finally having Kabuto means I haven't lost any other matches besides that.

commish

Hrm. So I'm in the 8500s or something for phantom castle, and now the opponents are generally weaker than me. For most of this climb they were all ranked higher so I could get more points, now I struggle to find someone even a few hundred higher than me. Is this always the case?

At any rate, I'm currently at floor 85, should easily hit 90 before this ends but low opponents are making it tough to get to 100. At least I'm guaranteed the one card drop, don't know how anyone F2P does this at a higher rank

EDIT: Also really pissed because I wasn't paying attention ONE time in an early level and lost. Other than that, finally having Kabuto means I haven't lost any other matches besides that.

Restart the app. You can always find opponents a few thousand ranks better than you. Fight those guys. Restart the app until they come up. It's worth the extra few seconds.

MiTYH

Restart the app. You can always find opponents a few thousand ranks better than you. Fight those guys. Restart the app until they come up. It's worth the extra few seconds.

I didn't know that was a thing. Cool, thanks!

EDIT: Yeah, definitely a thank you. I was only finding people a few hundred higher, now in the 6k finding people in 3k. Had I known this trick before, I might have secured a 5k or lower ranking. As it is now I'm about 6500, so I don't think I'll make that cutoff. Should easily reach floor 100 though, which is awesome.

Zafir

Ramen/Scroll changes are up.

Ramen ones are sooooo much easier. Can actually do A rank ramen without it being an utter chore.

Slaythe

Man this game has become rather hardcore.

I kinda hate how they killed online tbh, it was the funniest part, and now it's just impossible to play with randoms due to all crazy shitty requirements. :/

Zafir

I had like 4 runs at the start and didn't even have it drop once, so I don't think the drop rate is that amazing.

Good raid to farm for luck either way though.

Slaythe

I had like 4 runs and didn't even have it drop once, so I don't think the drop rate is that amazing.

Good raid to farm for luck either way though.

The drop rate is affected by your luck.

I drop him consistently twice.

Got him to 99 luck in a day.

Zafir

The drop rate is affected by your luck.

I drop him consistently twice.

Got him to 99 luck in a day.

Yes I'm aware of that, I was using a leader with 70 luck. 29 luck doesn't mean that much.

You got lucky. :p

Unless you're playing in multiplayer I guess. Since everyone's leaders count in that.

chrono01

Pretty good rates on the Naruto Fest it seems.
Did 8 pulls, 2 rares, 5 Silver, One gold (Zabuzaaaaaaaa)
Yeah, rates are great. I did four multi (200 pearls), but I'm saving 50 for a guaranteed banner (if we get one). Honestly though, with rates like this, you don't really need a guaranteed. No Minato/Tsunade, though. :(

*New in bold*

- Kakashi (Dodge)
- Choji (Bravery)

- Kakashi (Bravery)
- Shukaku Gaara (Wisdom)
- Haku (Body)
- Hiruzen (Heart)

I also got a few new units, such as Tayuyu (Dodge), Jirobo (Heart), Hayate (Body), and Kidomaru (Heart). Really wanted Minato, though. :(

Top Bottom