• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 |OT| Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Necrovex

Are the Storm games a fine way to see the story first-hand, or are they better as an after-the-fact experience, i.e. a supplement.

Chapter 4 was a tearjerker, very well done, though yeah Im starting to see the lengthy cutscene criticism. That was almost all cutscene aside from the boss fight (which was pretty cool)

Good thing I love long ass cutscenes, otherwise this would suck.

Are the Storm games a fine way to see the story first-hand, or are they better as an after-the-fact experience, i.e. a supplement.

Good thing I love long ass cutscenes, otherwise this would suck.

Storm 3 has been the first game in the series where I felt like if I didn't read the manga or watch the anime past this point, I still would understand what was going on. I guess the downside is the huge amount of cut scenes and dialogue though.

Storm 2 paraphrased the hell out of the story and could easily leave you confused.

I haven't played Storm 1 in a long ass time so I can't really comment on that one.

With that all said though, its probably best to at least read the manga first if you want to fully embrace the story.

Ever wonder why the storm series never got 4 player mode?

The Last mission is the perfect reason why. This is some clumsy shit.

If you are a fan of traditional fighting games, you will not like this game's multiplayer. Try the nuns:Gen demo and if you like that, you should consider this game.

Alright, single player campaign complete. Just under 9 hours, most of that was static cutscenes, the single player wasn't nearly as good as Storm 2's. That final battle was nice and hotblooded though.

Edit: I don't want to play this game any more. The multiplayer is still COMPLETELY broken. There's no point in ever playing against human characters because the systems simply don't work well enough.

Bottomline: The singleplayer isn't as good as Storm 2 and is only marginally better than Storm:GEN, and the multiplayer is complete garbage, so yeah. Don't buy this.

image.php

:p
I guess i'll figure out when i play! I've been watching a lot of the side missions, there's a lot of fan service and humorous situations i think people who really dig the characters of the show will warm up to.

Mengetsu

Storm 3 has been the first game in the series where I felt like if I didn't read the manga or watch the anime past this point, I still would understand what was going on. I guess the downside is the huge amount of cut scenes and dialogue though.

Storm 2 paraphrased the hell out of the story and could easily leave you confused.

I haven't played Storm 1 in a long ass time so I can't really comment on that one.

With that all said though, its probably best to at least read the manga first if you want to fully embrace the story.

This and it hurt. I like my chunks of story. Hell I feel like the Online mode shouldn't exist. These games should be like Asura's Wrath with a straight Story Mode. All that time and effort wasted on character balancing and tweaking Vs Mode. Generations was a bad choice to make to me personally but, everything must have Online now. What I wouldn't give for a full fledged story mode with every fight from the Anime/Manga being in the glory it's suppose to be but, regardless can't wait to play this.

Raxious

just got my platinum trophy :D

only reason i'll be touching this game now is for the MP with friends. Game starts off good, but near the ending, the game becomes really bad. I'd give the game a B overall though.

Dragoshi1

Learned about the tilt attack for characters just now.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

Went up against a combo crazy Nagato online, ninja dashing and awakening to do 15+ combos, and I found the perfect counter in Killer Bee using Samehada. His tilt attack throws out Samehada, canceling out Ninja dashes, projectiles, and ranged jutsu.

Used it to counter the Nagato's ninja dashes, and followed up with my own onslaught, won using my Awakening, though.

It scares me though, when I see people with 190 Wins and only 10 losses...

Amikami

Banned
Finally got a chance to play. Only beat chapter 2 but really enjoying it so far. I do see that there are some long cutscenes and I can get the criticism from some people. I don't mind them so much however and actually tend to enjoy cutscenes.

I'm not sure that I want to play through chapter 4. If it's what I'm thinking, then I'm gonna cry hard. Cried during the manga, and cried during the anime. Gonna be no different this time around.

Seik

Banned
I'm not sure that I want to play through chapter 4. If it's what I'm thinking, then I'm gonna cry hard. Cried during the manga, and cried during the anime. Gonna be no different this time around.

Then it is 100% sure you will cry again, the scene is pretty damn accurate. ;)

100%

I think part of it's the delivery, I thought Laura Bailey did really good job selling it. Even Naruto's voice actress did really well. I'm sure it's equally good in Japanese.

Just finished the game, last few battles were quite awesome :)

so what are those last seven blue character slots? is that for DLC? :(

How do the secret things in battles work, couldnt find it in the first prologue fight :/

Otherwise mindblowing the whole thing was, much better and exciting than it was in previews even. So hyped to really dig into this tomorrow and the whole weekend. Voice actor for masked man is so good

Mesoian

how do you unlock them?

ah, does that make any difference in gameplay?

Same way you unlock everyone else, through beating the single player or unlocking them with Ryo in multiplayer. They only show up after you select who you want to play as and start picking assists.

And no, they're just skins. None of the costumes make any difference.

phalestine

aka iby.h
On the final chapter, lol yes the cut scenes are long (but I like it!!)

also, I cant stand QTEs, but I have to say I like them in this game. feels... natural I guess?

Marlowe89

I'm having a bit of an issue with the visual quality of this game. I'm playing the 360 version on a 720p television with no HDMI cable and everything looks incredibly jagged and pixelated the moment the game starts up. Not just the character models, even the images next to the life bars look that way.

Help, anyone? What's my problem?

Kokonoe

Banned
Just started playing about 40 minutes ago and this game is AWESOME. This is ultimate fanservice.

Also like how they added a practice mode finally! woo!

They gave Naruto such good lines in the scenes especially chapter one, instantly memorable, "Sasuke is not trash, hes is not evil, hes needed, hes my friend and hes important to me!!!"

DR2K

Banned
So far much more enjoyable than Storm 1 or 2. Battle system has more depth and the single player story is very well done.

Pein

Banned
I hate Nagato users, busting them down with Team danzo is a laugh. I'm also loving Madara, he's not as overpowered as I though but his character bleeds cool and he feels powerful.

Pein

Banned
Just had my first online match.

I hate Susano Sasuke. And lag.

I hate Amaterasu it completely trumps everything. Another thing I dislike is how easy support gets knocked away, if I'm outta of substitutions and getting demolished in combo's, I don't need my support getting swatted away like nothing.

Georgious

Banned
Just finished the story mode - the last big boss fights were epic! Not sure what everybody's complaining about.

Now that I went info free mode, there are a gazillion characters - its almost overwhelming.

Are there any characters/movesets I have to buy in the store?

Kabuto

Just finished the story mode - the last big boss fights were epic! Not sure what everybody's complaining about.

Now that I went info free mode, there are a gazillion characters - its almost overwhelming.

Are there any characters/movesets I have to buy in the store?

To me the chapter goes on for far too long and the fact that you can't heal during the fights at all makes it even worse. Fighting 6 jinchuriki, 6 huge tailed beast as a small Naruto, and fighting them again with Tailed Beast Naruto just isn't fun when you probably have less than half your life bar.
I would have been okay with this if they gave us some sort of advantage but they really didn't except having the Biju Dama, which takes forever to recharge after you use it.

Dysun

Well you can heal up if you fail, it asks you if you want to restore health and lose money which I never even used so *shrug*

Georgious

Banned
Yeah I didn't think it was very difficult to be honest. Everyone was complaining about how easy the game was, and then all of a sudden when the end bosses got difficult people started complaining about that.

Anyways, does anybody know if there are unlockables to purchase, and where?

To me the chapter goes on for far too long and the fact that you can't heal during the fights at all makes it even worse. Fighting 6 jinchuriki, 6 huge tailed beast as a small Naruto, and fighting them again with Tailed Beast Naruto just isn't fun when you probably have less than half your life bar.

Meh, the difficulty was welcomed. It was the only inkling of it through out all of story mode.

SykoTech

Chapter 1: Disappointed that there was no boss fight at all here. Sasuke vs
Kages
had good potential for one.

Chapter 2: Once again, Sasuke's big encounter isn't a boss fight. Wish they'd focus more on big moments from the source material instead of made up Naruto vs Sasuke fights. Though I was happy to see Sakura
actually fight Sasuke
. Wish that would have actually happened in the manga/anime instead of her just being a useless damsel....twice.

Chapter 3: Zzzzzz...

Chapter 4: Excellent boss fight. Makes up for the terrible way the anime handled that fight. That cutscene though, so long and slow.

If wish he was more accurate to the actual Snake Cloak Kabuto. No Manda 2.0, no
Dragon
awakening. :'(
Word..knowing the story from that manga isn't being followed kinda dulls my excitement for the later levels, looking forward to "Chapter 4" I want to be surprised by what its about, and if feels claim me.

Neonsands

Neo Member
If wish he was more accurate to the actual Snake Cloak Kabuto. No Manda 2.0, no
Dragon
awakening. :'(

At least you got an updated Kabuto. Poor Jugo is still waiting to get out of his patient's clothes. Plus his Cursed Mark Level 2 got introduced way back at the Kage Summit. I might just have to wait forever.

At least you got an updated Kabuto. Poor Jugo is still waiting to get out of his patient's clothes. Plus his Cursed Mark Level 2 got introduced way back at the Kage Summit. I might just have to wait forever.

Really? What new tricks does Kabuto has? Any vids :D

I wish he could had summoned Manda 2.0, since it's the biggest summon in the series besides *SPOILER*
the juubi
I though it would had make for a cool Ougi, his regular Ougi should just be a normal grab.

Top Bottom