• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natal = Kinect. E3 event of Cirque du Waggle, Space Ponchos and KINECTIMALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

115272898-b925f1a12c86ce4f1b79452f88713278.4c159428-scaled.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:
I don't get why the press gets all this awesome presentations, don't they need to convince the "consumer" and not the press?? They should stream this to convince us, well IMO. :lol
If they immerse the press in lavish conditions they will of course spread their love to the average consumer through whatever methods they can.

-DarKaoZ- said:
I don't get why the press gets all this awesome presentations, don't they need to convince the "consumer" and not the press?? They should stream this to convince us, well IMO. :lol

They have to edit it to hell first, then they can "convince" us.
:p

DSK123

Neo Member
rhfb said:
Are you going to be forced to use your avatar persona or will there be high poly pre created options? I've spent a grand total of two minuets with avatar creation, and if I'm forced to use it in every Kinetic game it would be a major minus in my book. That and price are the big points (price is also a point with move).
You could always go back and spend some more time on your avatar.

Sean

Banned
Bizzyb said:
Most likely the audience is going to be participating in some fashion. Ponchos are to ensure that infrared reflects off of each of them

How is Natal/Kinect gonna track that many people at once?

More likely that they're gonna get wet (maybe that's why they said no electronic devices).

Chris R

DSK123 said:
You could always go back and spend some more time on your avatar.
I'd rather not. Having avatars playable as an option is fine but there better be premade characters that look decent to choose from.

JBaird

Banned
Vizion28 said:
I heard of video game companies taking ideas from their competitors but dang...

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/bestselling-games-2006/3494-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Kinect /= Kinetic

seady

I bet they are going to market it like this:

$189 for Kinect, comes with a free Xbox 360 Arcade.

Now that sounds like a deal - you get a $200 console when you buy a camera. When in fact it's the other way around. That way, it makes the camera seems expensive and precious (a $189 camera!), while still feel like a huge deal.

~Kinggi~

Banned
"This is crazy. Half the audience is on stage having an "experience" while the rest of us are behind nets watching them. Wha?!"

lmfao

Lijik

watership said:
Okay, I'll say it again. You guys realize those ponchos are so they can project images on the audience right? Like a big screen.
Oh wow, that actually sounds really awesome.

This whole thing just looks and sounds so insane, I'd love to be there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom