• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natsume announces Harvest Moon : The Lost Valley for the Nintendo 3DS (2014 release)

L~A

Just announced by Natsume :

BpN9aEsCYAAGSeB.jpg

#HarvestMoon: The Lost Valley is coming to North & South America and Europe, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS~

I was just told by Natsume that The Lost Valley is being internally developed by them.

So that's your dev, folks.

Note : it's a different game from Story of Seasons (known as "Harvest Moon : Connect to a New Land" in Japan). This is basically Natsume continuing the series on their own.

Coming out this year on the 3DS (North America only, I presume), both eShop and retail.

L~A

I thought XSEED had the rights to Harvest Moon now?!?

EDIT: or is it just Rune Factory?

Nope. They just own the trademark.... they can do whatever they want with it.

That's why XSEED had to change the name for Harvest Moon : Connect to a New Land, because Natsume (who used to published the HM in NA) still owns the trademark.

Basically, it's Natsume continuing the seies on their own.

Cheddahz

Banned
Nope. They just own the trademark.... they can do whatever they want with it.

That's why XSEED had to change the name for Harvest Moon : Connect to a New Land, because Natsume (who used to published the HM in NA) still owns the trademark.

Basically, it's Natsume continuing the seies on their own.

Ahh alright! Well, it's cool that a new one is coming out for everyone who enjoys Harvest Moon!

Hindl

Nintendo will have no announcements left for their Digital Direct. Pack it up folks.

Seriously it's like developers are suddenly allergic to E3 announcements. Oh well hopefully this means they just have even more stuff to announce. Good news for HM fans

Takao

Banned
I thought XSEED had the rights to Harvest Moon now?!?

EDIT: or is it just Rune Factory?

Natsume owns the Harvest Moon name. Prior to today, the games were typically developed by Marvelous AQL and released under the Farm Story name in Japan. Last week it was announced that Marvelous was talking western publishing of the games internally, with XSEED's release of Story of Seasons. Natsume is free to use the Harvest Moon name to make new games.

-Horizon-

So we have the one released earlier this year made by Marvelous that is being brought by XSEED. Now we have this new one that still has the Harvest Moon name made by Natsume. Is that right?

Eusis

This is going to come off as one of the most unusual localization branding situations we've ever witnessed. Like if SCEA somehow had rights to the FF brand (except in that case it'd be something else in Japan) and released Legend of Dragoon as the next Final Fantasy.

I'm gonna wager a guess that Natsume announced Harvest Moon: The Lost valley for the Nintendo 3DS, lol :p Anyways, I haven't play a HM game since the one on the gamecube, I'll wait and see what this one is like.

salromano

Press release:

Burlingame, CA. – June 3, 2014 -- Natsume Inc., a worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games, is proud to announce that the next title in the farming-RPG Harvest Moon series, Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley, will be launching on the Nintendo 3DS later this year. The game will make its public debut at the Electronic Entertainment Expo next week in Los Angeles (South Hall, Booth 615).

“Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley is truly evolving the franchise. Hardcore fans will love it, players who haven't played a Harvest Moon game in a while will want to try it out, and new players will be introduced to the unique and charming world that is Harvest Moon,” said Hiro Maekawa, President & CEO of Natsume. “But the incredibly exciting thing that really elevates the game is that while it does get back to what everyone loves about the early games, it also innovates in a way that no Harvest Moon game ever has.”

In Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley, players will experience the role-playing farm simulation in a three-dimensional setting for the first time. The game has a fully customizable world, and players can customize their field in any way they see fit: from a field full of tulips like you might see in Holland, to a valley filled with water like Venice, the choice is up to you. You've never played a Harvest Moon game quite like this!

Players will want to follow all the details of this new Harvest Moon title at www.natsume.com, or by following www.natsume.com/facebook and www.twitter.com/natsume_inc.

GeekyDad

Eh...I love this series, but man, I'm ready for them (whomever the hell is developing/publishing it) to get with the times when it comes to design. Those funky interfaces/menus and slow frame rates are tiresome.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So we have the one released earlier this year made by Marvelous that is being brought by XSEED. Now we have this new one that still has the Harvest Moon name made by Natsume. Is that right?

We don't know who is developing this yet, but yes. XSEED is localizing the game released earlier this year in Japan as Story of Seasons and this is a new project we don't have any details on.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Story of Season vs Harvest Moon gotta to be good.

I really hope that they would get competitively and push each other to make better games.

AniHawk

Nintendo will have no announcements left for their Digital Direct. Pack it up folks.

-story of seasons announced
-harvest moon announced
-star fox subs in steel diver (!!)
-wii u quick start update
-mario kart 8 sales
-pushmo world
-mk8 mercedes dlc
-super smash bros. 3d second screen revealed
-gamecube controllinator for wii u

i assume that's about an hour of content

No media and it's releasing this year? Developed in-house by Natsume?
Hmm... I don't have much faith in this. On the other hand, Season Story looks pretty good.

Guess a little competition between the two will only bring out the best of both :)

I for one welcome these harvest moon/story of seasons games.

Nice simple fun to pass the time with. And more of them means a happier me.

mclem

Seriously it's like developers are suddenly allergic to E3 announcements. Oh well hopefully this means they just have even more stuff to announce. Good news for HM fans

I think it's a combination of groups who think their announcements would get overshadowed at E3 and of groups who want to quietly sweep announcements under the rug (i.e. the delay ones)

This is going to come off as one of the most unusual localization branding situations we've ever witnessed. Like if SCEA somehow had rights to the FF brand (except in that case it'd be something else in Japan) and released Legend of Dragoon as the next Final Fantasy.

If I've got this straight: This is *not* strictly a Harvest Moon game in the traditional sense, but will be branded Harvest Moon, yet at a similar time a game will be released that is *not* branded Harvest Moon, but *is* Harvest Moon in the traditional sense?

I look forward to joint OTs; "Harvest Moon |OT| (Not Harvest Moon)" and "Not Harvest Moon |OT| (Harvest Moon)"

RAWi

Just a bit more for...

Harvest War Story

The War Farming/RPG in which Harvest Moon and Season Story create war and destruction over the total control of the Farming Games (With Farmville wth a plot twist appearance).

This will make my gf happy :)

RM8

I fear this might suck, yet outsell Story of Seasons. I don't know what I fear that, though, I'm not really a big fan of the series and I've yet to give it a proper try :3 Where should I start?

Sorry Natsume... It's not a real harvest moon, so I'm not spending my money on it. I'll stick with Story of Seasons.

I fear this might suck, yet outsell Story of Seasons. I don't know what I fear that, though, I'm not really a big fan of the series and I've yet to give it a proper try :3 Where should I start?

A New Beginning is a great place to start, as is any of the Rune Factory titles.

Top Bottom