• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natsume announces Harvest Moon : The Lost Valley for the Nintendo 3DS (2014 release)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Harvest Moon genre of all things turning into a video game war is one of the funniest storylines of this year.

It will only be interesting if the Natsume game turns out to be pretty good.

Though I guess if it turned out awful but crushed Story of Seasons because it has the brand behind it would also make an interesting story.

It's Halo 5 versus Destiny!

Sandfox

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game being good, but Natsume has to prove it to me at E3(though I will probably end up buying it either way).

It will only be interesting if the Natsume game turns out to be pretty good.

Though I guess if it turned out awful but crushed Story of Seasons because it has the brand behind it would also make an interesting story.

It's Halo 5 versus Destiny!

I'll rage if that happens.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I also wonder if Natsume has the brass tacks to put same sex relationships in their game as a way to sway people to their side.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
But AWL is easily the worst entry... Lots of dead days with nothing to do... farming dropped down to a bare minimum as are things that traditionally important to the series (wooing a girl, marriage, festivals, etc)
Agreed, after 30 turnips (IIRC), fishing all day everyday; nothing else matters.

Great news on no Wada though.

This is so strange.

Oh well, I guess that just means we get even more farming action. I hope this addresses some of the issues I have with the current Bokujou Monogatari games.

I also wonder if Natsume has the brass tacks to put same sex relationships in their game as a way to sway people to their side.
That would be great. They actually have a huge opportunity to carve out their own personal slice of this genre, and much sought after features like this would be an excellent way to do so.

It could be a good harvest moon even if no original creator is involved in it, we'll have to wait and see.
In the end it can't hurt to have some competition in the harvest moon space. Love the games but they can be improved a lot.

Would love if Natsume and Wada collabed on one too, preferably for wii U but I'd take it on 3DS as well.

In the end it can't hurt to have some competition in the harvest moon space. Love the games but they can be improved a lot.

Would love if Natsume and Wada collabed on one too, preferably for wii U but I'd take it on 3DS as well.

Toybox did port Deadly Premonition to PS3 right? So they can handle a console game at least to an extent. A collab between Toybox and the JP Natsume team (we could call them the Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley team I guess?) could work very well and might carry a console game.

Tybolt

Banned
This is something right out of the 90s, right here.

Anyway, given Natsume's track record, I'd expect some slop job they'd put together in-house will probably be so glitchy it'll brick every 3DS in a five mile radius.

Elija2

Didn't think it was mentionned in the PR yesterday.

Is it not coming out in Japan? I guess that makes sense since the Harvest Moon name doesn't mean anything over there, but you'd still think they'd release it in Japan if they had any confidence in their product.

L~A

sörine;114732247 said:
3DS exclusive? Did the phone port of Hometown Story bomb or something?

Actually, it's not a port. It's basically just the shop section of the game.

And why wouldn't the new game be 3DS exclusive? They know the fanbase is on 3DS, and I doubt they could develop the game for more than 1 platform.

Man, this is crazy. Natsume used to make good games, but ever since they started publishing Harvest Moon, their output has slowed? I don't know, I know they made some games after they started publishing HM, but I don't know what else they've made. They used to make some good stuff before HM.

Takao

Banned
These are definitely some character designs and graphics:

47CGish.jpg

https://twitter.com/dawnstorms/status/476471760670306304/photo/1

Eusis

Yeah, this has been one of the biggest E3 mysteries for me and I had been hoping for more information by now. The most I've gotten is that they have artwork on their (Natsume's) site, and that picture up there.

Ooh! I like! Looks much closer to the earlier HM games (but not exact, though the Chicken is definitely from the original era).

Honestly I much prefer this to the now called Story of Seasons designs.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Played it. It's basically Minecraft meets Harvest Moon. You can dig underground, pile up soil to make a moutain - all that stuff.

Looks kinda bad and the character designs seem forgettable, but it plays like you'd expect it to.

It was better than I was expecting.

Played it. It's basically Minecraft meets Harvest Moon. You can dig underground, pile up soil to make a moutain - all that stuff.

Looks kinda bad and the character designs seem forgettable, but it plays like you'd expect it to.

Hard to tell from that cropped shot above, but how did it compare to A New Beginning and Story of Seasons visually?

daffy

Banned

It was better than I was expecting.
Can you please go into depth. If you've played any other Harvest Moons in comparison. Or if you've seen the other games.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Can you please go into depth. If you've played any other Harvest Moons in comparison. Or if you've seen the other games.

I've played most of them. Can't really go much in-depth because I only had a couple of minutes with the game. I was in-between appointments.

Still, it looked promising in terms of gameplay. It's... Harvest Moon. Coupled with some of Minecraft's building mechanics. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to talk with the other characters or see the relationship system for myself.

Top Bottom