• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Any chance he bails like KD? I'm salivating at the thought of him being on the Bulls instead of destroying the Bulls the next decade.

Let us have this one. You guys have had all the luck for decades comparitively. Let Milwaukee have something good for a bit.

nubcake

Neo Member
If anyone needed further proof that Casey is in over his head come playoff time and has absolutely no real gameplan at all, getting outcoached by Jason Kidd should cover it.

Assuming they eventually figure things out and win in 7 again, that's cute and all but his inability to make basic adjustments ensures that this team will never truly be a threat with him at the helm.

Yooooooooooooo....

If Giannis develops some fundamental handles and improves his 3PT% to say mid to high 30% range. He's already started to pass more. You better run.

He is being passing it all season.
It just with only 2 of the Bucks big 3 healthy he has had to score a lot more.

TTG

Remember when he and his brother looked like total dorks at the dunk contest? Good for you Giannis, giving me a reason to watch Eastern conference first round.

If Lowry is still succumbing to playoff jitters in the first round I'd hate to see him in the Finals. He might not score a single point until game 4.

ChlLXRsW0AANl2v.jpg

HOW DO YOU PLAY SHOOK

You've had years and years and years
And years of playing basketball
I'd say NCAA crowds are more crazier than NBA crowds

Gtfo shook raptors , Cavs would sweep you

Toronto is going to max Lowry then treadmill it to infinity.

God dont remimd me

HOW DO YOU PLAY SHOOK

You've had years and years and years
And years of playing basketball
I'd say NCAA crowds are more crazier than NBA crowds

Gtfo shook raptors , Cavs would sweep you

We had the same discussuon last post season complete with Cavs will sweep you talk. Too early to know how it will shake out

Mrbob

Let us have this one. You guys have had all the luck for decades comparitively. Let Milwaukee have something good for a bit.
Hah, when I see a superstar in the making or even perhaps future best player in the league I want him on my team.

I think many of my Wisconsin sports friends are going to start watching the Bucks again. Giannis and new Stadium should generate a lot of buzz.

RDreamer

Hah, when I see a superstar in the making or even perhaps future best player in the league I want him on my team.

I think many of my Wisconsin sports friends are going to start watching the Bucks again. Giannis and new Stadium should generate a lot of buzz.

I know. I'm just joking... and worried he'll probably leave before winning something for Milwaukee.

pislit

why does the spurs always get horrible matchups in the P.O.

please this conference nonsense should be stopped, make it the best 16 teams. for almost two decades the spurs, the rockets, the mavs, grizzlies goes through high level comp that their seeds dont matter. lol.

Has it? Bucks just blew them out with Middelton being a non-factor on offense and Derozan and Ibaka showing up. At least in the Pacers series it was close despite having the Trash Bros.

Middleton has 9 assists, I think you're underrating what he did.

Either way, last year, no one on the Raptors looked decent after game 1. Everyone was trash. Everyone.

Tonight, there are some definite lessons, and certain players showed up. DeRozan showed up. The Raptors have to adjust to how the Bucks blocked his access. Both Ibaka and JV for a bit showed up. The main issue there was Monroe feasts on Ibaka at center and JV at center means the ball movement leading to Snell or Brogdon 3s became too difficult to overcome.Tucker did a decent job on defense, although it might be worth considering putting him on one of Snell/Brogdon.

Lowry's size, and even Corey Joseph's, seemed to make things really difficult for both of them in terms of shooting. Playing Powell for that guard lineup might easily be a better alternative, given that Powell produced more field goals than Corey Joesph in faaaar less minutes, and is larger.

If necessary, I'd rather they try the lineups they were using when Lowry was out. The Joeseph/DeRozan/Tucker or Carroll/Ibaka/JV and
Joseph/DeRozan/Tucker or Carrol/Patterson/Ibaka lineups were pretty effective, where DeRozan was handling the ball more.

Playing the "draw free throws" game was far more effective. The Bucks kill on transition, kill every time they're given the space to run against a defense that isn't set. The Raptors making their free throws and focusing on that aspect would slow the game down far more.

Also, play Carroll less ffs.

Wow? Not cool

Dunleavy played really fucking dirty that entire series

TTG

why does the spurs always get horrible matchups in the P.O.

please this conference nonsense should be stopped, make it the best 16 teams. for almost two decades the spurs, the rockets, the mavs, grizzlies goes through high level comp that their seeds dont matter. lol.

Why you gotta do Lebron like that? He's gonna make 10 finals in a row.

Yep. This team has no offense besides Kawhi.

Have also got a lot of flukey miracle comeback games or other teams totally choking against us and we take advantage. I've watched all our games and I think I've seen them be actually impressive maybe 4-5 games. A lot of this team needs to be cut

Has it? Bucks just blew them out with Middelton being a non-factor on offense and Derozan and Ibaka showing up. At least in the Pacers series it was close despite having the Trash Bros.

To be fair,outside of Middleton's shooting, the Bucks had an almost perfect game.
The triumphant return of play-off Delly, Brogdon and Monroe making their play-off debuts in style,Giannis having a coming out party.
Even Midds on what looked like an off night had a lot of good passes and avoided turnovers(both of which were problems for him lately).

(Also holy shit it took Monroe until his 7th season in the league to play in the play-offs.)

Have also got a lot of flukey miracle comeback games or other teams totally choking against us and we take advantage. I've watched all our games and I think I've seen them be actually impressive maybe 4-5 games. A lot of this team needs to be cut

They always manage to be impressive against the Rockets though... smh

Yeah, but seriously, most people don't realize how often, especially in the December-February stretch of the season, that Kawhi saved them out of nowhere by going nuclear on both ends in the 4th quarter. IT and Russ got a ton of attention, because ppg makes it easy to quantify, but Kawhi is clutch with defensive stops, steals, blocks, points, etc.

On the other hands, Ginobili and Pau off the bench, and the way Pau is shooting 3s now, have been surprisingly great for the Spurs.

Also, Pau shooting 3s. MDA was once again ahead of the curve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom