• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K6 Fantasy league

Fifty

http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=3614

We have 5 people now, and now that I know we can easily get 8-10, I'm creating this thread so any discussion won't clog the other league's thread. We will be doing a live online fantasy draft, almost exactly like the kind you would do in a fantasy league, and if you can't make it you should be able to pre-rank your players. It should be fun, it'll certainly be a nice change of pace having exactly the team you want (or at least close to it)

There will be less pressure to play your games and a shorter season (24 games), and everyone can play at their own pace (don't forget about the league though), but I don't think that'll be an issue as everyone who's joining is pretty dedicated

People in now

1. Fifty
2. Coldblooded
3. DM
4. Truelize
5. Akaballer

I'm assuming Matrix and Konex will join, and hoping FMT and any others will. The league is set at 8 now but I'm changing it to 10 since I think we can do that. So that we don't get random people PM me for the pass

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Please make a schedule that allows every team to play each other at least once.
In our other leauge I don't play Jobber, Matrix or you man. Kinda lame.

But I can't wait to have Bron and Ray on the same team. :D Please let it happen.

Too bad we couldn't pull players from the 80's and 90's teams. That woudl be cool if we each get one pick from either on of those teams.

I could run with the real Penny Hardaway. :D

Fifty

Since creating a manual schedule takes ages, I'm going to do an auto schedule and then manually fix any problems (like facing one person too much and/or not facing someone at all)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I already Got my sleeper Pick in mind. He is gonna fit well in my system :)

Also i know who im going for with the first pick.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll sign up around midnight tonight Fifty,got my nephew over.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ummm how many players do you draft?

When I do it offline, it's just a starting 5 and like 2 reserves. The rest are the players on your teams bench

Fifty

There's no way to test it out until you have a full league so I don't know, but that would be acceptable if it's the way it goes.

AkaBalla

Its a 12 player draft.. And there will be no reserves on your team.. Example.. Celtics have a 15 man roster.. By doing a draft there 3 reserve players disappear...

There's no chat room in the draft room. Picks are 1:30 secs long (if some1 doesnt show up it will use the whole time then automatically select the player for them). You can prerank your players (wouldnt work if we had a cap on ratings of players).

You can only select 2 players per postion for the first 10 rounds. Ex. 2 pg's, 2 sg's etc... If u have 2 sg's already and its the 8th round and you try to select another sg it will choose another player at a postion you need to fill that doesnt have 2 players there.. (So you cant draft Iverson as a PG when he's listed as a SG). Picks 11 and 12 you may choose whoever/position you want.

Thats basiaclly it..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
No freakin rules agaisnt fast breaking and crap though. This is a fun league where we will RUN and GUN!!

Right???

Fifty

I dunno..... I think you should be free to play how you want, unless what you're doing is in any way unstoppable. Run fast breaks if you want, but if you're doing dunks with superstars they don't seem to be stoppable, catch it yourself and slow it down, or the person you're playing will mention it afterwards and hopefully whoever's cheesing will stop. Use common sense, have fun, but don't do the same thing ever possession.

We need one more person. It'd be nice to be able to get it full on sunday and do the draft on monday or tuesday evening. If you haven't voted in the poll, do so, because I was going to go with the majority's opinion and it's a tight race!

Fifty

There's a good chance we won't be regulating the drafted player ratings, judging by the poll....and considering that not everyone will be able to make a draft, it might be for the best. That way people can prerank and it'll actually mean something

Fifty

One more person is needed. Maybe DaddyZ would join....anybody know of anyone we overlooked? I'd hate to get stuck here at 9 people.

CB3

I think its gonna be hard to do a draft on a weekday being with everyone Busy with Work/School, not to mention the time zone difference. I think if we can get another quickly we should aim for tonight.

Fifty

I agree. I was originally just going with 8 but now that we've got 9 it's a bit tricky. I assumed it'd be easy to fill the last spot but I'm not sure.

1. Fifty
2. Coldblooded
3. FMT
4. DM
5. Matrix
6. Akaballer
7. Truelize
8. Konex
9. Malley

We need one more.......or one less ;)

Fifty

Well shit........no one has joined in over 24 hours. This stinks. We obviously have some interest, with 9 people....but we need 8 or 10. If someone knows of someone legit who wants to join, get them to join, or if you're having second thoughts about being in 2 leagues (or 3 if you're in FMT's madden league) use this chance to save our league and save yourself the stress. I'm not kicking anyone out but we need to resolve this.

Fifty

Jobber has entered. I only had to
send him nude pictures of tony parker
talk nicely to him and he agreed to play. We've got a dandy 10 now, and can draft any time. I'm thinking either tuesday night or wednesday night, either time at 10 eastern. Thoughts? I suppose I'll do wednesday to let people rank who can't be there, and to give people more warning period. If the majority posts here saying they want tuesday, we can do that as well.

CB3

Either Day is gonna be hard for me because i know its gonna be a very busy week for me all the way until Sunday. Hopefully i can squeeze in some time to do the Draft, but if not ill Pre-rank players and hope for the best

Fifty

League page updated

http://online.2ksports.com/league/index?p=360&l=3614

I might as well just make it 10 PM wednesday now, so I'm not changing things at the last minute. Not enough people are going to post here between now and the end of tonight to lock down tuesday, so let's just say draft at wednesday 10 PM eastern If you can't attend, I'm sorry.....but it's close to impossible to get a good time for everyone, and I'd like to get the show on the road.

to prerank

on the main page, click the draft time notification, it'll pop a window that lets you pre-rank. Oddly enough, it isn't sorted well at first, so click on the "rating" to get the obvious first round selections out of the way. For each 10 players you pre-rank you'll know for sure that one round's pick is going to be what you want.

No need to do this if you're showing up, although it'll make your pick quicker..but if you can be there, this is a must....at least for the first 40-50 or so.

This concludes my longest post on GA.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Dang, this sounds fun. Curse my stupid not-having-a-360 self :(.

Fifty

Final bump before the draft. Remember it's at 10 Eastern tomorrow (just after Lost!), 7 pacific, and remember to log in at the top left (I know you know this all) Good luck

Fifty

On the site. You can go anytime and check what the interface looks like by following my preranking how-to a few posts below. I'm assuming that's also the link to the live draft when it starts.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Someone's going to be very angry at one of my picks tonight :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
Someone's going to be very angry at one of my picks tonight :lol

You take TP and you....

will regret it

he can't shoot worth a shit

Matrix

jobber said:
You take TP and you....

will regret it

he can't shoot worth a shit

No tiny little french men on my team.

AkaBalla

Hey guys i can make a aim chat room during the draft so we can chat about the picks taking place.. Hit me up aim= ronn4180 and ill send ya an invite to the room

AkaBalla

Chat rooms up we got 5 peeps in there..

Jobber its random we wont know until the room is ready.. U cant trade picks but if you join the chat room im sure u can wheel and deal like swapping picks and then trading afterwards.. But u only got 1:30 secs to make a draft selection.

Top Bottom