• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA men's basketball 2011-2012 OT: Lockout edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

What an awful impolsion. That locker room must be... Jeez.

It's entirely like their team to do this. Awful inclusion by the committee.

UraMallas

Iona basically played the prevent defense with too much time left. Played not to lose instead of playing to win.

Pretty much. I don't care how far ahead you are, no coach should come out of the locker room at half with that strategy. 10 minutes left? Sure. An entire half? No way. It was Iona's to lose.

jayhawker

BYU looked like they'd never been coached in the first half. Iona looked like they'd never been coached in the second half. Crazy, crazy game. Hartsock was amazing, though. ESPN said it was the biggest comeback in tourney history. Wowowow

TheNatural

My Member!
Looks like last night was some monumental comebacks. All I watched was the very end of WKU and the start of Iona-BYU. I still can't get interested in this play in shit, regardless of how good the games were, sorry. UMASS and Mississippi State went to double overtime in the NIT, I just can't get interested in irrelevant games. Wish college basketball low majors would do some of the conference consolidation that the BCS conferences are doing. We can have mammoth 16 team football conferences, but no one can put together these crap low level conferences in basketball?

TheNatural

My Member!
Also two notes:

- A day from now there will either be Armaggeddon or short term relief depending on if we lose to Davidson. I think we have to make the Sweet 16 to at least get the vultures off this team for a while, hopefully it happens, I don't think the heat is good for the roster.

- Dantoni gone from New York and Calipari already denying any future rumors over Twitter. Not buying it, especially if Wesley gets involved and wants to push Cal into New York it's going to happen. I don't think the guy can resist, especially if the Knicks get a good draft position to land one of the ex UK guys.

TheNatural

My Member!
Also to say it again, if anyone wants to watch the tourney free, this is still working:

Text 0YourFavTeamHere (not those words, but your favorite team, like I texted 0Louisville) to 2653. It's a Coke zero promotion and it gives you a link and passcode to watch all the games free online instead of paying the $4 or whatever.

"Congratulations. You can now watch every 2012 game with NCAA® March Madness Live™ on your computer, iPhone, iPad, iTouch and Android device.

Use the following links below to watch every game by accessing the online player and downloading the March Madness Live™ apps:

NCAA® March Madness Live™: www.ncaa.com/march-madness
App Store (iPhone, iPad, iTouch): www.ncaa.com/mmlitunes
Android Market: www.ncaa.com/mmlandroidmarket

A copy of your receipt is included below:
Order Summary:
Subtotal: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $0.00

Please retain this email for your records.
Sincerely,
NCAA March Madness Live Customer Support Team

Customer Service Contact Info:
Twitter: @MMLive_Help
Email: mmlivehelp@turner.com
Phone: 855-566-5483 "

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Also to say it again, if anyone wants to watch the tourney free, this is still working:

Text 0YourFavTeamHere (not those words, but your favorite team, like I texted 0Louisville) to 2653. It's a Coke zero promotion and it gives you a link and passcode to watch all the games free online instead of paying the $4 or whatever.

Worked for me.

Amory

Sooo UK fans... how do you feel about a potential matchup with Connecticut? Strange to see basically no analysts with UConn in the sweet 16 but I think it's a real possibility.

With all the talent we have I'm surprised we were put in the same draw as the #1 overall seed, even if we have criminally underachieved. Calhoun knows how to prepare his team for this tournament.

Avinexus

Sooo UK fans... how do you feel about a potential matchup with Connecticut? Strange to see basically no analysts with UConn in the sweet 16 but I think it's a real possibility.

With all the talent we have I'm surprised we were put in the same draw as the #1 overall seed, even if we have criminally underachieved. Calhoun knows how to prepare his team for this tournament.

I think UK has a very real possibility of losing to either team in that first round matchup (Iowa St. and UConn).

TheNatural

My Member!

I wouldn't overlook Iowa State. Everyone on that team can shoot threes. Like I've said before, everyone overrates talent on a bad seed, ignoring why they're a bad seed in the first place, ALA Texas and USC for example in years past.

UraMallas

You are looking past Iowa State. Hope that the UConn team doesn't do the same, they're dangerous.

Amory

I said potential matchup, I know Iowa State will be a challenge, but I'm fairly confident we'll get past them if we play how we have lately.

so my 4 brackets are done, almost made UK the champs in one of them, then my better judgment kicked in and I remembered who their coach is

Minnesota up 40-37 over La Salle. Gophs are playing pretty darn good yet our 3's aren't dropping like they did in the B10 Tourney. I expect us to win this one for sure. La Salle has no answer to Rodney Williams inside who has 17 points and should have more as there were some calls that weren't called on a couple of layups he missed.

NewLib

Banned

Analysts always play it safe. Honestly, I would much rather UK play UConn than Iowa State. I would also rather UK play UConn than Memphis, St Louis, and Kansas State.

I just dont see it in this UConn team. Could be wrong, the talents there, but I just dont see it.

Edit: Also 1998 did exorcise a lot of the Duke demons. Its not UK fans which are keeping that shot alive, its the constant commercials, references, whatever.

Analysts always play it safe. Honestly, I would much rather UK play UConn than Iowa State. I would also rather UK play UConn than Memphis, St Louis, and Kansas State.

I just dont see it in this UConn team. Could be wrong, the talents there, but I just dont see it.

talents there but they struggled a good part of the season, have been playing much better as of late with the coaching return

NewLib

Banned
talents there but they struggled a good part of the season, have been playing much better as of late with the coaching return

As a Louisville fan, would you rather play the team that could be good if they got it all together but never has or the team that has a ton of talent and is beating decent teams by 30.

One of those teams is UConn, one is Memphis.

TheNatural

My Member!
As a Louisville fan, would you rather play the team that could be good if they got it all together but never has or the team that has a ton of talent and is beating decent teams by 30.

One of those teams is UConn, one is Memphis.

They're one in the same to me.

NewLib

Banned
They're one in the same to me.

How? One has serious chemistry issues and the other is by every statistical category a MUCH better team.

I mean with UConn you got to say "Well if they get everything together and run their offense more effectively and start playing more like a team, then maybe they can beat Kentucky.". With Memphis its "They could beat Michigan State if they get to them"

TheNatural

My Member!
How? One has serious chemistry issues and the other is by every statistical category a MUCH better team.

I mean with UConn you got to say "Well if they get everything together and run their offense more effectively and start playing more like a team, then maybe they can beat Kentucky.". With Memphis its "They could beat Michigan State if they get to them"

We beat both teams, Memphis pretty handily, UCONN blew them out. Because Memphis ran through the C-USA like they always do, they're a threat? Really not impressed with either, the potential is there, but people always make this mistake every year. Then it's always the mid major type team to pull the 8/9 upset and the Texas-esque talented team losing in the first.

Second round upsets over #1's the past 7 years, off the top of my head. Butler over Pitt. Northern Iowa over Kansas. UAB over Kentucky.

See a pattern? These teams never do it, if they did it this year, it would be a first. It's always the senior laden solidly coached teams who have shooters at multiple positions. Sounds like Iowa State, to me. Don't know much about St Louis, but I'm guessing they have a little something as well in that manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom