• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

Awful comparison pics by me, but it's better than nothing at the moment. Wait for a DF head to head for all the fine details, etc.

Wii U
nfsmwugikuk.jpg

Xbox 360
nfsmw3602lp0l.jpg

The Wii U version actually looks better. The colors look natural and the 360 version seems a tad bit too bright and maybe over-saturated.

ASIS

Xbox360 looks better, crisper textures or did the images get switched?

That's what I'm thinking as well. The 360 looks much easier on the eyes. I guess we should wait for better screens or something.

I don't believe the screens are switched though. The reflections on the street are clearly superior on the Wii U... That's about it :p

Berg

The Wii U version actually looks better. The colors look natural and the 360 version seems a tad bit too bright and maybe over-saturated.

They've got to be switched. There's no shadows in the WiiU version, the road and sidewalk textures look blurred, everything is less crisp. It would make complete sense if those images are switched

edit: guess theyre not switched, just a bad comparison

pixlexic

Banned
The wii u version easily looks better than the 360 and ps3 games. The framerate is better also. But I do not know if its because i played so much of the ps3 version but this one seems harder to steer. like there is a lot of play there.

Zero148

Awful comparison pics by me, but it's better than nothing at the moment. Wait for a DF head to head for all the fine details, etc.

Wii U
nfsmwugikuk.jpg

Xbox 360
nfsmw3602lp0l.jpg

WiiU version really looks more blurry than the 360 version, even the LG Logo of the TV

I think the 360 photo is more focussed on the screen

Man the year of Luigi is taking over GAF, now if i could just get that hat on my avatar.

We should wait for DF. That is very blurry.

They've got to be switched. There's no shadows in the WiiU version, the road and sidewalk textures look blurred, everything is less crisp. It would make complete sense if those images are switched
Notice how the 360 pic says "NFS-Demo". There's no demo on the eShop right now so it has to be the 360 version.

But before you guys get all uppity about the visuals, wait for the DF comparison.

Part of me wants to order this from Origin and play my copy from Amazon in the meantime. When the Origin copy arrives I'll return it to Amazon for a refund. I already contacted Amazon to see if they would do a price match and they will not.

hope DF does that compare thing soon

stopped playing to download monhun I will try and play at the same time as a download to see if the network suffers

OmegaZero

I'd add my two cents to the "does it look better then the HD twins" debate, but I don't own it for either console.

I can say that it looks great. Best looking Wii U game I've played so far (which isn't much since I only own NG3:RE, Zombie U and Arkham City at the moment).

radcliff

Wii U
nfsmwugikuk.jpg

Xbox 360
nfsmw3602lp0l.jpg

The brown-ish building on the left and the building on the right are clearly more detailed on the Wii U version. Difference is night and day. I think the other differences are muted due to the blurry nature of the Wii U pic (compared to the X360 version) and the differences is weather/time of day.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'm waiting for the game to load the update. So what is the preferred control method? Gamepad or Wiimote? I'd like to use the Wii Wheel to see what it's like.

The wii u version easily looks better than the 360 and ps3 games. The framerate is better also. But I do not know if its because i played so much of the ps3 version but this one seems harder to steer. like there is a lot of play there.

Game Informer mentioned this, and here is our first user impression saying the same thing.

For the record, I asked Alex Ward on twitter if they tweaked the physics for this version, and he said no, but something about the steering is bothering people.

EDarkness

Game Informer mentioned this, and here is our first user impression saying the same thing.

For the record, I asked Alex Ward on twitter if they tweaked the physics for this version, and he said no, but something about the steering is bothering people.

Something may have gotten messed up along the way, and hopefully they'll be able to patch it if that's the case.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Seems to be a bit of jaggies/pop-up so far, a surprising amount actually. But NfS:MWU is still quite the looker looker, with an extremely solid frame-rate to boot. Load times are also fairly infrequent. I did already have my first game-freeze though, which is concerning.

I'm using the motion controls of the Gamepad to play btw, takes some getting use to lol

Seems to be a bit of jaggies/pop-up so far, a surprising amount actually. But NfS:MWU is still quite the looker looker, with an extremely solid frame-rate to boot. Load times are also fairly infrequent. I did already have my first game-freeze though, which is concerning.

I'm using the motion controls of the Gamepad to play btw, takes some getting use to lol

i've had two freezes so far. hopefully they can sort them out. i did get to play some online, which was very good. over all i'm perfectly happy with my purchase. Caterham R500 Superlight yay!

Skiesofwonder

Wow I've had three game freezes now.... Wtf

i've had two freezes so far. hopefully they can sort them out. i did get to play some online, which was very good. over all i'm perfectly happy with my purchase. Caterham R500 Superlight yay!

I'll be happy with my purchase if it stopes freezing. :p

Seems like a good game otherwise.

hatchx

Banned
I just ordered it for 30 bucks off of Origin. Should get it next week.

Hope I made the right choice. This is my first Need for Speed game ever, but I loved the old Burn Out games and this sounds like a decent port.

OmegaZero

Personally, I'm not having issues, but I only have previous experience with the Vita version. :b

Skiesofwonder

I have had four freezes now, two while the game tried to access the Origin agreement, one while trying access multiplayer, and one on the start screen.

Very concerning, starting to wonder if it is my disc...

I own it for 360 but with it being only $30 for the better version (and presumably my 360 copy has some trade value) I ended up price matching and grabbing it so I could play it today. Off-Tv Play could make me re-buy any game, such a great feature.

Anyone looking for people for their friends list for autolog and stuff hit me up: KitschyKitty

I just downloaded the eShop version for the full $60! : ) I know about the Origin deal for $30, but I really wanted the downloadable version more, so I felt having it on demand was worth the extra $30 ; )

ahm998

I just downloaded the eShop version for the full $60! : ) I know about the Origin deal for $30, but I really wanted the downloadable version more, so I felt having it on demand was worth the extra $30 ; )

Really love EA by this game move.

If EA complete their move also with Crysis 3 & Dead space and do the same move i will give them my 60$ without any comment.

Please make it happen EA ;)

The_Afroman

Damn. Just bought this on Orgin. GREAT DEAL at $30 bucks. I have the Vita version only and love it. hose shots on the LED TV look amazing.

ahm998

Ordered from Zavvi, they're shit at delivering so I'm expecting to get it sometime next week :(

I got everything from the Eshop .

Save time , save money , save fuel.

Download it while i am playing LEGO city :)

Activition should release their game on the Eshop.

ahm998

I paid about 34 quid. How much did you pay?

56$ with tax.

save the others 5$ total 50$ for LEGO City.

Add:

You know in my country Saudi Arabia it's cost minimum 70$

And it's take more than 5 days from release date to get it.

Eshop is best choice for me.

Top Bottom