• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

Sort of want, but it (and LEGO Cities) came out at a terrible time after a four month Wii U drought. MonHan is eating all my resources, and $59.99 is a bit too much for me to bite on. Looks really nice though.

I want to get it but the four month drought just taught me how it's possible to live without actually owning any games. And now it's difficult for me to pull the trigger and actually buy one. :(

Effect

Sadly this is gong to be $60. No way I'm spending that for a late port when the other versions don't cost that. They might have been able to get away with that on launch day. Not four months later with no confirmation regarding future support. To hell with that EA.

ozfunghi

in one of the interviews of last month, a dev said the game already contains free content, that was paid DLC for the other consoles. I think it was a "car pack" or something.

Kariodude

Banned
People are seriously whining about the price? It's not just some slapped together port. It will look better than the 360/PS3 version, it has a good amount of exclusive features, it comes with DLC that you had to pay for on other platforms.

krizzx

People are seriously whining about the price? It's not just some slapped together port. It will look better than the 360/PS3 version, it has a good amount of exclusive features, it comes with DLC that you had to pay for on other platforms.

Doesn't matter. The content they isn't enough to justify it costing twice as much when it came out this late. They would need to add entire new tracks, areas and car that aren't available in the other versions for that. I also heard that this was far from the best NFS game to begin with.

40 is the max I would pay for this.

Linkhero1

Doesn't matter. The content they isn't enough to justify it costing twice as much when it came out this late. They would need to add entire new tracks, areas and car that aren't available in the other versions for that. I also heard that this was far from the best NFS game to begin with.

40 is the max I would pay for this.

If you do the B2G1 free it's practically $40 for each game. If you have a Target nearby, you should consider it.

deviljho

$T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3KfvN+BQZK+k7tnQ~~60_35.JPG

bl4ck_b4rt

Neo Member
I liked the commercial. Still infuriating that there's no local multiplayer besides Lucky & Wild mode. In the name of fun they should have dumbed down a multiplayer engine enough to support lil' Timmy on the couch as the crooks and Dad on the toilet with the Wii U GamePad remote playing the 5-0 on the hunt.

This is the only game I would buy for the wiiU. I dont own the system but I have the 360 version with all the DLC packs, I really love it. It looks amazing on 360 but if the upgrade is significant then I might pull the trigger.

LOCK

Ready to play this. Skipped out on this in November since I knew I would get it later, then this game was announced as being upgraded so I just waited.

Plus the gamepad support is going to make playing with my nephews that much more fun. The commercial is cheesy but it really is true.

Coolwhip

Banned
These super late ports are just doomed to fail. Criterion put in effort, which is great. But the installbase of Wii U is smaller, the ps360 versions are dirt cheap and the marketing blitz for this game was several months ago. I see no chance in this selling well tbh.

Bulzeeb

But this is not the same version as the 360/PS release. It's an improved release with new features.

Reggie: "It's not the same game! It's not the same content!"

hehe but jokes aside, this game looks nice but it is a shame that it doesn't have an split screen option (that co-pilot stuff doesn't count), to be honnest, thats the main reason why I have stoped buying this kind of games

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
But this is not the same version as the 360/PS release. It's an improved release with new features.
Not untrue, but come on, the new feature list is pretty minuscule in the grand scheme of things. It's basically the same game.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Oh wow, this supports the Wii Wheel? Interest growing... might pick it up after a price drop or either rent it.

Gonna try the demo and probably buy when it's down some Euros...
Gotta support good ports!

We have confirmation of a demo?

Edit: Saw the link on first page, says "demo available now"!

edit 2: but it is not. :/

I keep seeing the xbox and ps3 versions for $60 so I don't see much of a difference. Also lack of splitscreen sucks, but if you tweet @NeedforSpeed, they seem to be listening!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
We have confirmation of a demo?
Ok, I have vague recollections of hearing a reputable source talking about an eShop demo, but I just tried to trace that info once again back to its source, and even though I see many sites reporting it, I cannot seem to find such a reputable source. We need to ask Alex on twitter, I guess.

Will pick up at bomba price in a few weeks. ;-p

Feel kind of bad for Criterion but I already have a backlog on Wii U and this will go down in price fast - yep I'm a cheap arse.

I wonder how this will sell.
It's a late port sold at full price on a console with a small userbase. It will crater big time.

it's a good game. All these addition (special features + dlc included) would have make me double dip after the PS3 version just to support the awesome criterion guys and for the upgrades visuals

Cronq

Banned
I'll be picking this up. It's great to hear that it is coming to eShop day 1 with a demo. With no tax and the deluxe promo I'm fine with the price. I am happy to support good developers who put good quality work in their ports.

I'll be picking this up. It's great to hear that it is coming to eShop day 1 with a demo. With no tax and the deluxe promo I'm fine with the price. I am happy to support good developers who put good quality work in their ports.

Until you mentioned the Deluxe thing there, I'd completely forgotten about it. Might consider an e-shop purchase if UK retailers are going to stick to the £50 price point. I don't know if I can pay £50 for a game....

Top Bottom