• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Doesn't matter. The content they isn't enough to justify it costing twice as much when it came out this late. They would need to add entire new tracks, areas and car that aren't available in the other versions for that. I also heard that this was far from the best NFS game to begin with.

40 is the max I would pay for this.

To Euro?/French GAF:

The game is only €25 at France's biggest chain, Fnac.com!

Just saw that deal this morning.

NFS : Most Wanted (Wii U) : 25€ here

It's on fnac.com, so I don't know if it's available for all europe but I thought it was a good deal for at least FRGaf

So yeah, great price! Should've been €29 officially imo.

UPDATE:
Preorder discount has ended and the game shows up at full price now :6

Berg

So yeah, great price! Should've been €29 officially imo.

Bought a 500gb HD for my wiiU so I feel obligated to download. BUT it seems like all the games on e-shop are full price. I'm assuming this will be too. Do you think they'll discount retail games on the e-shop? was gonna download batman, but it's still 50$.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Shows up at 60 EUR for me.

Oh fuck it was still discounted yesterday, so for only 3 days, must have ended now... really sorry mate :(

Bought a 500gb HD for my wiiU so I feel obligated to download. BUT it seems like all the games on e-shop are full price. I'm assuming this will be too. Do you think they'll discount retail games on the e-shop? was gonna download batman, but it's still 50$.

I don't think we'll se discounted prices until a game gets a nation-wide OFFICIAL reduced price.
That's how it works on the awfully expensive XBOX's "Games on Demand" section on Live's Marketplace.

japtor

Discounts are up to the publisher, Ubisoft had a sale for all their stuff a little while ago actually (after the whole Rayman debacle).

Meelow

Banned
This is probably the first Need for Speed game I actually want...This or Lego City Undercover, what to do?

Why did they have to release so close to each other? This game would of been great for February.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
This is probably the first Need for Speed game I actually want...This or Lego City Undercover, what to do?

Why did they have to release so close to each other?

This game would of been great for February.

Since there's that Target sale, I'm getting both along with Monster Hunter. Gonna be a good week for the Wii U.

Why did they have to release so close to each other? This game would of been great for February.

I am getting both but NFS wins by a mile if I was forced to choose

best looking Wii U game has OFF TV and Full Miiverse

Think this game will be casual friendly? I want my GF to be able to play this alongside with me, but she's hardcore casual. The tilt controls give me hope, but this being my first NFS game, I'm not exactly sure of its button control complexity.

trinest

Think this game will be casual friendly? I want my GF to be able to play this alongside with me, but she's hardcore casual. The tilt controls give me hope, but this being my first NFS game, I'm not exactly sure of its button control complexity.

Dude L Plater mode or whatever its called.

Wii U version is perfect for you.

HeySeuss

I went to best buy and they had this out on the shelf for sale already. Is this a soft street date? Anybody else see this out and maybe pick it up with impressions?

I went to best buy and they had this out on the shelf for sale already. Is this a soft street date? Anybody else see this out and maybe pick it up with impressions?

I have a $50 BB gift card laying around. Will check it out when I get off work in a couple hours but my first guess is retailer error. We're not cool enough to get early leaked releases around here that often.

you are going to say this in a NFS thread? lol hell no

Well, I'm going to get MH3U and LCU already - neither of which my roommate can play with me (and he will want to). Plus, I'd rather beat single-player games on my own - no guides, no one playing for me.

MH3U will be me playing
LCU will be me playing
and then NFS, too?

I might check stores tomorrow if the street dates are broken I'll get a retail copy and digital later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w0rBVCI6yA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aqNUG05auQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsWxAQ9fTXA

you are going to say this in a NFS thread? lol hell no
Holy shit I hope they have night mode in the demo, that last polygon link during night looked really good.

cannot wait for the DF even if the thread is only 4 pages long.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Paying 60 dollars for this game is completely ridiculous. It's around 25/30 for every other platform right now, and it's not even that good of a game.

Paying 60 dollars for this game is completely ridiculous. It's around 25/30 for every other platform right now, and it's not even that good of a game.
Some people may only have Wii Us though so they dont mind. Not me though, got a Vita and 360 will most likely get this for Wii U soon though as I havent bought it for either of the 2.

Can't wait.

Really interesting to see how online/Miiverse turns out in this.

Btw the first review seems to be from ONM ?

nfsub7u0w.png

farnham

Banned
I got the fnac deal and paid areound 33 euro (shipping incl.). I cant wait to try the codriver mode which is the only reason i bought it. Should be fun with my wife

Porcile

What's exactly does the second player do in that co-op mode?

In theory, going by the advert it looks perfect to play with my young nephew. That's if I could work out whats going on. Could be a deal clincher though!

test_account

XP-39C²
Why would one pay for another platform just to get the game cheaper?
Maybe they already own one or several of the other platforms. But if they dont, then i agree.

About the WiiU version price, i think it is worth mentioning that extra work went into the game, and this extra work cost money. I also think it makes sense business wise to charge full price to begin with, then drop the price as time goes by.

farnham

Banned
I tell you what with the ad. kid face or not... featuring the wii wheel makes consumers think this is for the wii.

+

omfg. he's interacting with dad via a MAP? He's a map reader?! Sure that's worth buying the game for. BONUS!!!

they kinda got me with the co driver mode. wouldnt have bought it otherwise even with the fnac deal.
What's exactly does the second player do in that co-op mode?

In theory, going by the advert it looks perfect to play with my young nephew. That's if I could work out whats going on. Could be a deal clincher though!

you can change the wheather, time of day, cars you drive, whether cops chase you or not, activate boost, mods etc on the fly

I tell you what with the ad. kid face or not... featuring the wii wheel makes consumers think this is for the wii.

+

omfg. he's interacting with dad via a MAP? He's a map reader?! Sure that's worth buying the game for. BONUS!!!

Thats your opinion. And your opinion about ANYTHING Nintendo is VERY well known..........

Cant wait to get my hands on it next friday! Im really getting a huge Burnout vibe from this and thats a good thing!

Never got around playing Burnout Paradise as much as i wanted. Hopefully i will have the time this time around (Lots of good and time consuming stuff happening IRL that cuts gaming time short at the moment)

Top Bottom