• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Nazis and antifa clash in Appalachia

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/30/neo-nazis-anti-fascist-protesters-kentucky-pikeville

This article is sad but hilarious. You have the out of town Nazis and out of town counter protesters having a showdown in a town that doesn't want any of it. Great digs by the author too. Highlights:

Residents of the town of Pikeville, which has a population of about 7,000, said the demonstration perplexed and infuriated them. Both the neo-Nazis and the anti-fascists appeared to be largely from elsewhere.

The neo-Nazis were more than an hour late to their own rally. Most wore black pants and black shirts with black combat boots, although some had to settle for black sneakers. Asked why the group was late, one leader said something about car trouble.

One infuriated Pikeville resident, however, noted that in a propaganda video announcing the protest, one of the neo-Nazi leaders had mispronounced “Appalachia”.

Orayn

I'd expect one of them to be hanging out in Appalachia....

Here's a hint: it's not Antifa.

You'd be surprised. A lot of my Twitter timeline have been pointing out the number of leftist groups in areas that people assume are 100% stereotypical rural conservatives.

Events in Pikeville at a close, the neo-Nazis retreated to a hilltop deep in the woods, south of Pikeville, for the rest of their weekend unity summit, which included an evening of “white ethnic music”. At around 8pm, guards kicked out invited reporters. Irish folk songs were being sung. Someone had brought mead.

This reads like some bizarre rpg.

It's only just begun. I wonder who the cops are gonna side with.

The sheer damage trump presidency has already caused is crazy. And he hasn't even passed any real shitbag legislation yet.

If Hillary had won absolutely none of this would be happening. None of it.

You'd be surprised. A lot of my Twitter timeline have been pointing out the number of leftist groups in areas that people assume are 100% stereotypical rural conservatives.

I probably would, haha

Although people in rural areas tend to be strongly into their beliefs than people in suburbs from my experience, so it kinda makes sense too.

And that guardian article saying 1/3 of basic jobs gonna go to AI. I wonder if that'll exacerbate the economic anxiety of more fascists.

Oh and more young and impressionable generation are getting warped by the Internet straight to the fascist train. We all know it.

These are just the winds blowing before a cyclone of shit hits. An appetiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom