• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German neo-nazi rock festival

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
HTLR?
HKN KRZ?

Are they persecuting vowels now?

Writing "I love Hitler" on a shirt would give them an instant "hi" by the police. "HTLR" doesn't. It's really not that scientifical, guys.

It's a shame this is happening in Germany, I feel embarassed and weirdly helpless about it.

Wamb0wneD

These guys are harmless.

The actually dangerous people are the ones who effectively manage to distance themselves from nazism, but hold the very same racist believes.

These are the people who are dumb enough to burn asylum shelters with people in them or gang up on some lone immigrant at night if they are drunk and get the chance though.

I wouldn't call them harmless

Also this.

Probably same as the US Military attracts nationalists. Don't want to downplay it but the german army gets constantly fucked when cases get to the public. In my time, we had to show our upper bodies to check if we he had left or right wing tatoos and had to sign a lot of papers regarding facism.

Nonetheless there are still a lot of dumb right wingers there.

Agreed.

Actually writing 'I love Hitler' on a shirt is probably not illegal either but there's no code to it anymore I guess.

magnetic

That "HKN KRZ" doesn´t even make sense given that it´s a reference to a black rap group. Or is it supposed to make (badly) make fun of the "FCK NZS" (fuck nazis) design that´s popular with the left here in Germany?

mwNKpUX.png

And those dorky hats would be almost adorable if Nazis weren´t such a serious issue.

Xando

There are a few of these per year. If they follow the law i don’t see a problem even if i despise their ideology we’re still in a free country.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
That "HKN KRZ" doesn´t even make sense given that it´s a reference to a black rap group. Or is it supposed to make (badly) make fun of the "FCK NZS" (fuck nazis) design that´s popular with the left here in Germany?
It allows them to say "Hitler" or "Hakenkreuz" and is black, red and white, and it's camouflaging as some kind of known fashion icon.

That's really it, don't expect it to be some kind of clever reference.

Police is already investigating because of the people yelling "Sieg Heil".

They did it in a small town in Eastern Germany where nobody cares about it, nothing new.
Yet these neonazis wouldn't survive in a larger city.
As long as they don't use "symbols of unconstitutional organizations", do hate speech or anything other illegal they are free to do whatever they want.
A democracy like Germany should stand above those clowns.

And those dorky hats would be almost adorable if Nazis weren´t such a serious issue.

German neonazis and facists are famous for copying "left" style and clothes.
They started doing that whole thing with dark hoodies, basecaps and black pants in the 90s when the left block and Antifa used it.

It's something that's obviously been bubbling below the surface of German society since the war, but I'm genuinely skeptical that it's actually a growing problem. These gatherings have been a thing for decades and there has always been concern that fascists were in the military or "secretly" controlling certain towns, but a lot of the talk makes it sound like Germany is one seductive leader away from being Das Vierte Reich and I don't buy it.

Watch these guys, have eyes and ears in their ranks, and control their ability to organize politically. The Germans aren't really in danger of a fascist takeover.

I keep seeing that "I <3 HTLR" shirt as some fucked up alternate John Cena shirt and it's killing me. Hustle Loyalty Racism

What a bunch of losers

It's something that's obviously been bubbling below the surface of German society since the war, but I'm genuinely skeptical that it's actually a growing problem. These gatherings have been a thing for decades and there has always been concern that fascists were in the military or "secretly" controlling certain towns, but a lot of the talk makes it sound like Germany is one seductive leader away from being Das Vierte Reich and I don't buy it.

Watch these guys, have eyes and ears in their ranks, and control their ability to organize politically. The Germans aren't really in danger of a fascist takeover.

There are always idiots. See the rise of the AfD. But that's a common problem.
The number of "real" nazis in Germany has always been on the same low level for a couple of years.
For example, the German neonazi-party NPD has around 5000 members. Ten years ago they had 7000.
And they haven't been relevant at least in West-Germany for decades.
West German nazi-parties like the "Pro"-parties have less than 1000 members.

In September 1991, rightwing extremists attacked housing facilities for asylum seekers in Hoyerswerda, a town 200km east of Jena in the state of Saxony. The attacks were the start of a new brand of violence throughout Germany. During a three-day riot in the city of Rostock on the Baltic coast in August 1992, several thousand people surrounded a high-rise asylum shelter and watched while neo-Nazis threw Molotov cocktails through the windows. The building’s Vietnamese and Roma inhabitants barely survived by fleeing to the roof, and passing their babies up the stairs along a human chain.

scary article.. ugh. neonazis are vile scum who shouldn't be allowed to organize in any way.

Top Bottom