• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF: Create the Official Box Art for the EU Release of BlazBlue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARC Euro

Tiger uppercut said:
Hey ARC, would people be able to co-create? say i think of the box art, draw it up on paint & then somebody does a perfessional version. would you guys allow that? because i cant 'shop that degree.

Hi Tiger uppercut
co-create is more than fine!
Once selected, original artists from ARC Japan will work with you to finalize it.

Thanks!

ARC Euro

sifu said:
This is my attempt...

I guess the EU cover won´t have a great difference between the US one (for example the background). So I left it there...
I would have put the Aksys Games Logo on it but there was non-available. Only the ArcSystemWorks.

Enjoy!

Hi sifu,
Thanks for your posting, very impressed!

FYI,
EU version can be totally different to US version, including the background.
Also, no worries about logo. We will add it later on. btw, Aksys is a publisher for American market.

thanks!

weeman_com

Neo Member
Here is my entry to this compo

Arc Euro we still need that email address for submission though, unless ive missed it somewhere!

3859715931_e52e0e004a.jpg

Bigger vvv
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3456/3859715931_e52e0e004a_b.jpg

Hopefully people like it

ARC Euro

Dizzy-4U said:
Oh man, just saw the thread. I'll see if I can come up with something. Deadline is in 5 days, right?

Hi Dizzy-4U,
No worries. Deadline is end of September, not August.
Looking forward to seeing your work!

regards,

ARC Euro

radiantdreamer said:
Arc Euro,

We're missing the character art for Rachel and Ragna, do you mind updating the downloads with them in there?

Hi radiantdreamer,
oops. apologies for this. one zip file is added now (additions 27aug.zip)

Thanks for letting us know!

remz

radiantdreamer said:
No email address available yet?

Has the legitimacy of this been proven?
What other possible use could someone have for a bunch of GAF created blazblue boxarts?

Raging Spaniard said:
Oooh

Now this is gonna get fun
let's make it moar fun.
who ever doesn't make it in the top 10 voting, the loser has to use the winner's submission piece as an avatar til the end of the year.
:lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
viakado said:
let's make it moar fun.
who ever doesn't make it in the top 10 voting, the loser has to use the winner's submission piece as an avatar til the end of the year.
:lol

Could be worse.

You got a deal

ARC Euro

radiantdreamer said:
No email address available yet?

Has the legitimacy of this been proven?

europe(at mark)arcsy.co.jp is the general contact email address.
if you prefer the longer one, europe(at mark)arcsystemworks.jp goes to the same place.

both of those domains belongs to ARC of Japan, so I hope this clear the doubts of legitimacy.

Please post your work on NeoGAF, so other people can take a look as well!

Thanks, Arigato, and good luck!

Damn sticky threads are hard to notice.

2zgfeyh.jpg

Tried something very simplistic. :D

It used to have characters and emblems in it but that was too messy for my taste. I suck at shopping but I may still try something else since there's plenty of time. :)

Big version: http://la.gg/v/takeone.jpg

remz said:
What other possible use could someone have for a bunch of GAF created blazblue boxarts?

Nothing. But it would be an epic joke on us, that's for sure. :\
Especially those who are drawing their own art as opposed to photoshopping existing art.

weeman_com

Neo Member
ARC Euro said:
europe(at mark)arcsy.co.jp is the general contact email address.
if you prefer the longer one, europe(at mark)arcsystemworks.jp goes to the same place.

both of those domains belongs to ARC of Japan, so I hope this clear the doubts of legitimacy.

Please post your work on NeoGAF, so other people can take a look as well!

Thanks, Arigato, and good luck!

do we have to email you our entries or will posting on the gaf suffice for entry to the competition?

expy

Banned
Orbitcube said:
You don't need to put the company logos and ratings on the box, just the artwork. (and I guess the Xbox 360/PS3 header bit).

No need for that either. Those are all post-art editing materials.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

You may have to make an additional character in order for my boxart to work, but it would be a great addition the European version as he's partly based on a European folk hero. So I think it'd work out nicely and it'll be a win-win situation for all parties involved.

Kyo

My first idea would be to change that god-awful game logo that looks
like something a 15-year-old would design as a logo for his metal band.

Kyo said:
My first idea would be to change that god-awful game logo that looks
like something a 15-year-old would design as a logo for his metal band.

Metal = awesome

I don't follow your logic here.

But if it's so awful do one yourself and post it.

THIS IS NOT MY FINAL SUBMISSION. Just a little something I'm working on, thought I'd ask you guys what you thought before I finish editing it and such. :)

qhlFnpjkw.jpg

Cronos

This is made by a friend of mine, who's membership for Neogaf is still pending. He wanted to enter the contest a.s.a.p.:D

Blazblue_Cover_Contest_TPINTO3.png

Blazblue_cover_TPINTO_printversion.jpg

Blazblue_A4_TPINTO.jpg

Creator: T.Pinto / forum name: Grindjaw (still pending)

Degen

Whoa, this just got real. Nice job.

Cronos said:
This is made by a friend of mine, who's membership for Neogaf is still pending. He wanted to enter the contest a.s.a.p.:D

Creator: T.Pinto / forum name: Grindjaw (still pending)
Your friend went all out! Great presentation. The only thing is that the rating and official text probably aren't necessary.
Awesome cover; would import.

PBz0r

Banned
Say, if the PAL version is getting exclusive characters, wouldn't it make sense to put those on the cover? Think you can share some artwork with us, ARC Euro? :lol

PBz0r said:
Say, if the PAL version is getting exclusive characters, wouldn't it make sense to put those on the cover? Think you can share some artwork with us, ARC Euro? :lol
It's possible the "exclusive characters" are Unlimited versions of the existing cast...

u_neek

Not sure if the art is fan made or official but I really liked it.

edit: Image is really blurred for some reason - I have a much larger hi-res version too.

2gsr6tk.jpg

FoxSpirit

u_neek said:
Not sure if the art is fan made or official but I really liked it.

edit: Image is really blurred for some reason - I have a much larger hi-res version too.

2gsr6tk.jpg

Unless you drew that artwork, you'll have to ask the original creator to use it... it's one of the earliest pieces of fanart from pixiv.

ARC Euro

Hello,
We are still working on additional features of EU version at the moment and not quite ready to finalize them yet.
So while your suggestion make lots of sense (and I would like to have it myself!), unfortunately we can not do that yet...
sorry about this and thanks for your understandings!

In totally separate note, we will be at http://supervsbattle.com/ac_ven.htm on next weekend.
President of ARC Japan will be there on Saturday, so please feel free to come see us if you are attending! We will hand out official Japanese posters there.

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom