• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF General Poetry Thread #2 - "Making the blind see"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Botolf said:
Now that pleasantries are dispensed with, FIRING ASSCANNON D:< D:<

ahhhhh noooooo! D: That really sounds like one of the worst fates possible, I've gotta say.

Get your votes in, folks!

Irish

1) Botolf: The lights are gently twinkling below...
2) Dresden: Old Callisto (5w poem)
3) kid ness: Coin Flip

Sibylus

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
Botolf: The lights are gently twinkling below...
You rhymed well, your narrative was fine. Just the rhymes themselves didn't seem to have any one pattern or patterns that were split up in stanzas. Sometimes opposites lines, sometimes verse after verse, both of which are fine; but there are other times where it will happen three lines in a row or your not sure which line at first glance the word was rhyming with. Easily fixed I'd say.
Crit noted, it would seem I shy away from structure even as I try to embrace it :lol

Ashes

Banned
Congrats to Hey_Monkey for the poem Afterward. :)

Results were as follows:
1. hey_monkey: Afterward 10
2. Dresden: Old Callisto (5w poem) 9
3. Botolf: The lights are gently twinkling below... 8
4. AnkitT: I see (5w poem) 7
5. Bootaaay: "Happy" I muttered, trying to pin the word down. 3
5. Ashes1396 -Heads and tails of it all 3
5. Ashes1396- Blind faith 3
8. Dresden: See-Through Lenses 2
9. Cyan: Goals 1
9. kid ness: Coin Flip 1
11. Irish: Faint 1

n/a
AnkitT: Point of view
John Dunbar: An Ordinary Chap
MaxSteel:poem #1... making the blind see...
Zamorro: Time well spent (5w poem, I think)
Flink:"Your Bed"

A big thank you to everyone who posted an effort and/or voted.

>.> Oh shit, do I have to make a thread? I'll do it today, I suppose!

In other news: WOW WOW WOW OKAY THANK YOU GUYS. And also: that was close! Dresden, man, you should have bribed one person! :lol Also also: does picking up this and the fiction challenge mean I can declare myself the best
only? haha*
female writer on the forum?

At least the only admitted female. There may be others who just haven't said.

hey_monkey said:
Also also: does picking up this and the fiction challenge mean I can declare myself the best
only? haha*
female writer on the forum?

I'm pretty sure you're the only female who partakes in these here writing challenges. Unless Cyan's hints about secretly being John Scalzi are merely constructed to act as a distraction for his, or should I say her, true identity: A Wii-playing, Main Street-living, hockey mom! No, I guess you're the only female. (I was going to go further by jokingly comparing this to Sarah Palin's position of relative import in American politics, but the thought of her continued influence and the delusions of humanity in general threatened to make me physically ill, and it was something of a tenuous stretch in the first place.) Enjoy!

Cyan

Banned
hey_monkey said:
Closeted laydeez? Maybe.
Pretty sure you're not alone, at least in the regular challenges. ;)

Anyway, gotta go watch some hockey before I head off to my new SFWA job.

CYAN'S A GIRL CYAN'S A GIRL CYAN'S A GIRL

I'm glad I'm not alone. Maybe someday the other girl(s) will PM me and we can have a secret girl-gaf-writer club and rig all the votes.

Ashes

Banned
There's a girl gaf thread somewhere... you should ask in there if there are any female writers here on gaf. Congratz on the win... And for some reason I kind of forgot you were a girl. And we got it in the second time of asking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom