• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT8| Who wants to talk about Murders?

What shall El Topo's avatar be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
HELLO

doing a rough available players headcount. pls reply here or PM me if you are available to play a new game (seeing that there's a few who have died and ARE NOT SUBBING INTO THE OTHER GAME (stares of guilt trip mode ಠ___ಠ))

also if replying, indicate if you are more interested in a smaller, faster game or game of a more standard size and pace

ty ty

still staring into your soul ಠ___ಠ

Kevyt

HELLO

doing a rough available players headcount. pls reply here or PM me if you are available to play a new game (seeing that there's a few who have died and ARE NOT SUBBING INTO THE OTHER GAME (stares of guilt trip mode ಠ___ಠ))

also if replying, indicate if you are more interested in a smaller, faster game or game of a more standard size and pace

ty ty

Here here!

I can do any game as necessity demands~

o/

Edit: oh wait, is it only players that have died in a game? If so, ohhh... lol.

Well I'm still available!

o/

acohrs

HELLO

ty ty

Does this mean what I think it means?!

Here here!

I can do any game as necessity demands~

o/

Edit: oh wait, is it only players that have died in a game? If so, ohhh... lol.

Well I'm still available!

o/

cutest princess sloth <3

cute indeedsy, but no, u r still inna game. im more interested to find those who are NOT in any game who is available and interested for future games.

this isn't a sign up. im just doing a rough headcount.

I'm in for whichever of those options is Brexit-themed

Or whatever

okay, so that's ONE

*makes a note*

ty splints

Does this mean what I think it means?!

w...what do you think it means O____O

Verelios

Ci5PYNLW0AEJW72.jpg

The problem is, sometimes senpai notices you and and you die. &#65381;&#65439;&#65381;(&#65377;>&#969;<&#65377;)&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;

I'd be up for a new game.

SkyOdin

I'm available for a new game ynnny.

Sorry about the whole joining spectator chat thing, I didn't realize a lack of replacements was going to be a big issue when I died.

TheExodu5

Banned
Batman looks hilarious.

Sorry to see you go so early Monkey! Look forward to playing again!

Also, just wanted to say that 3/2 day/night cycles is such a massive improvement. 10 post count minimum is really great as well. Early days typically felt like a slog but I'm really loving the new format.

Great. Saw that last minute train swerve, that was brutally GAFIA town =/

brutally gafia town indeed :3

Batman looks hilarious.

Sorry to see you go so early Monkey! Look forward to playing again!

Also, just wanted to say that 3/2 day/night cycles is such a massive improvement. 10 post count minimum is really great as well. Early days typically felt like a slog but I'm really loving the new format.

im glad the 3/2 phasing and the new post restrictions seem to be improving a few things :D

The problem is, sometimes senpai notices you and and you die. &#65381;&#65439;&#65381;(&#65377;>&#969;<&#65377;)&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;

I'd be up for a new game.

I'm available for a new game ynnny.

Sorry about the whole joining spectator chat thing, I didn't realize a lack of replacements was going to be a big issue when I died.

okay, so four so far: splints, monki, sky-o and worumu

thanks o7

anyone else available, keep me updated, pls.

we're trying to see what game to prep up and the timeline of upcoming games.

SexyFish

Banned
brutally gafia town indeed :3

im glad the 3/2 phasing and the new post restrictions seem to be improving a few things :D

okay, so four so far: splints, monki, sky-o and worumu

thanks o7

anyone else available, keep me updated, pls.

we're trying to see what game to prep up and the timeline of upcoming games.
Am also available.

@Barrylocke, Thanks for hosting 2x Secret Hitler earlier today :D Hope the people that took part had fun :D

The community hosts and plays various other games other than Forum Mafia at GAF, so if you havent joined our Discord chat, joinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Thingies people playing:
  • Live Mafia
  • Secret Hitler
  • Splendor
  • Overwatch
  • FF14
  • Whatever newest things/games/Switch that's coming out

How to join our discord? PM me or ask for an invite here in this thread and someone should come along and rope you in :>

roytheone

@Barrylocke, Thanks for hosting 2x Secret Hitler earlier today :D Hope the people that took part had fun :D

The community hosts and plays various other games other than Forum Mafia at GAF, so if you havent joined our Discord chat, joinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Thingies people playing:
  • Live Mafia
  • Secret Hitler
  • Splendor
  • Overwatch
  • FF14

How to join our discord? PM me or ask for an invite here in this thread and someone should come along and rope you in :>

Whenever I close my eyes, I still see that horrific mobile UI. I think it will haunt me until the end of days 0__0

Gorlak

Banned
I was promised another pair game back in the days :(

I miss the times of holding back launchpad's crazy gambits, project hydrocannon and lynching Splinter and cabot in one strike!

Ty4on

I was promised another pair game back in the days :(

I miss the times of holding back launchpad's crazy gambits, project hydrocannon and lynching Splinter and cabot in one strike!

I heard rumors it's in development~

We failed at lynching cabot and Splinter tho ;_;

Gorlak

Banned
I heard rumors it's in development~

We failed at lynching cabot and Splinter tho ;_;

My memory betrays me, I tunneled so hard and wanted them dead. Yes they died, but scum delivered the blow N2. You're right.

But that is excellent news! :)

RetroMG

Thingies people playing:
  • Live Mafia
  • Secret Hitler
  • Splendor
  • Overwatch
  • FF14

To expand on this even further, we also make rooms on Discord for people to discuss... pretty much whatever (as long as there's sufficient interest.) In addition to what Ynnny noted, we also have rooms for:
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • The Nintendo Switch (Currently discussing Mario Kart 8)
  • Persona 5 (Both spoiler and non-spoiler discussion)
  • Pokemon
  • We will have an open room to discuss E3 (and possibly SGDQ) as we get closer to that time.

And that's just video games. There's also a whole gaggle of non-gaming related talkspaces, such as LGBT, Politics, Fitness, and Cooking.

So, if you want to come chat, come to Discord. If you're already in Discord and want to know what's available, click here, and contact a mod for access to any rooms you want to join. If you want to create a new room, contact me.

Ty4on

You can also find people that play L4D2, Rocket League and maybe StarCraft on Discord.

Games usually start around 5pm EST depending on the Euro/US ratio or maybe 6am EST if it's mostly Oceania/Asia.

RetroMG

Do we still play jackbox games?

Nobody has asked in a while, but yeah! Ouro and I both own Jackbox 1-3. I also just recently bought another game called Use Your Words. I haven't played it yet, but it seems to be of a similar stripe to the Jackbox games. I'll also be getting Jackbox 4 whenever it drops.

EDIT: Beat by Ouro.

Sophia

I am up for playing Jackbox at almost any time. So if someone needs a hype machine for gathering people, just ping me. >_>

Updated Replacement List:

01. [-] weemadarthur - CST - Arkham Asylum only
02. [m] SexyFish - New - EST - Anime only
03. [m] Blargonaut - GMT - Arkham Asylum only
04. [m] Cewyn - EST - Arkham Asylum only - still playing
05. [m] Fat4all - EST - Anime only - still playing

Rough headcount of available players for new game:

1. hey_monkey
  2. *Splinter
  3. SkyOdin
  4. Dr. Worm

Next Game is very likely going to be:
InFamous Mafia by melonrabbit!!!

InFamous is a 23-players set up and Sign-Up will probably launch a week or two away. Keep your eyes peeled for it if you're interested to play in InFamous :)

Sawneeks

Banned
Just as reminder we'll be playing Mario Kart tonight! Feel free to join us over on Discord!

Gafia Plays Mario Kart 8 will be held on Sunday the 30th at around 5 PM PST.
red_1493596800.png

Ty4on

Hi there
Thingyman said:
FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

GAME 8 @ JUNE 5 (12/12 Phase Lengths w/ 9 PM EST deadline)
@AcoreanaPT (OGame)
@bcherina (MapleMafia)
@Bee (Fever Clan)
@bopolis (Two Plus Two)
@brainbomb (webDiplomacy)
@dLGN (Super Mafia All-Stars)
@Generation.Now (IGN Boards)
@Heregrarium (Kaskus)
@Poyser (Wrestling Forum)
@Randy (Tennis Forum)
@ShipItUp (OneHallyu)
@Sockpuppet (Clubs that Suck)
@SystemSounds (&#12300;&#12427;&#12427;&#39894;&#12301;)
@Ty4on (NeoGAF)
@White (The Millennium Forums)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write [MENTION=8963]Thingyman[/MENTION] or @staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now!

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)

There's also a spectator thread on our very own Discord.

Game 1 starts tomorrow iirc

Mazre

GG arkham folks. Probably my last game for a while, love forum mafia but it's just too much of a time sink right now. Spec threads please.

Top Bottom