• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT8| Who wants to talk about Murders?

What shall El Topo's avatar be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not sure people realize that Czartim really did send me 5 dollars via paypal during the WW2 game.

Can confirm. Actual real life American dollars were exchanged at the value of five (5) dollars between the player CzarTim and the moderator Palmer_v1. This transaction was conducted through PayPal. Receipts were shown to the present judges at the time and witnessed accordingly.

This transaction was later filed under "SURE I AM THE PROBLEM HERE" category and is often referred to with great fondness by the survivors and spectators alike.

RetroMG

I'm not sure people realize that Czartim really did send me 5 dollars via paypal during the WW2 game.

Can confirm. Actual real life American dollars were exchanged at the value of five (5) dollars between the player CzarTim and the moderator Palmer_v1. This transaction was conducted through PayPal. Receipts were shown to the present judges at the time and witnessed accordingly.

This transaction was later filed under "SURE I AM THE PROBLEM HERE" category and is often referred to with great fondness by the survivors and spectators alike.

Secondary confirmation. One of the crazier things that's happened in my time here.

at least they got hitler

scums in the open, fire for effect /s

Palmer_v1

at least they got hitler

Secondary confirmation. One of the crazier things that's happened in my time here.

Though I forget now if he was using it to have me modkill Makai, himself, or someone else? I do know that I disregarded his request and used his 5 dollars on alcohol at a later date.

RetroMG

So I was just reminded that the time for nominating yourself for the Mafia Tournament at Mafia Universe has expired. Sorry, new season and all that, been busy.

Since I am about to head out for the evening, I will give anyone else who wants to nominate themselves an additional four (4) hours. Until 11:00 PM Pacific. Otherwise, I will try to put the poll up at Outer Gafia when I get home tonight.

scums in the open, fire for effect /s

Are you making an insidious commentary against the running power that be? Are you saying that game moderators are the real scums???

ARE YOU???

Though I forget now if he was using it to have me modkill Makai, himself, or someone else? I do know that I disregarded his request and used his 5 dollars on alcohol at a later date.

Wisdom of the ages. Truly.

Natiko

Banned
So I was just reminded that the time for nominating yourself for the Mafia Tournament at Mafia Universe has expired. Sorry, new season and all that, been busy.

Since I am about to head out for the evening, I will give anyone else who wants to nominate themselves an additional four (4) hours. Until 11:00 PM Pacific. Otherwise, I will try to put the poll up at Outer Gafia when I get home tonight.
Oh good, you hear that ynnny there's still time for you to nominate yourself!

Recruitment usually runs for a week or two. Games will launched soon after. At the moment, we have enough sign-ups to run one game only, but it's only been 4 days since this thread launched :)

Approximate starting dates for games to launch will be at the last week of April or first week of May. In the meanwhile, there's loads of friends to be made in this thread and, if you're interested in any of the old games, they provide good reading materials and we can recommend the ones to check out.

Hope you can keep your hype up, O delicious new meats!

Soon(TM)

It depends on how quickly we can get signups, and then there will be a brief period while we create the rosters and do final setup for the games. Meanwhile, please feel free to keep chatting with the community. Come join Discord, or set up an account at Outer Gafia.

EDIT: Or what Ynnny said.

Cool, thanks guys!

Still keeping that hype :]

What's other gafia?

Cool, thanks guys!

Still keeping that hype :]

What's other gafia?

OuterGafia at http://outergafia.com/ is where side threads are hosted. Side threads may include: scum chats, gossip chats and spectators chats, as well as other things like game design boards, ONUW game threads, and other experimental set ups like the Death Note, etc.

Basically, outergafia provides places for supporting the games and the community :D

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY SIGN UP NOW

RetroMG

Though I forget now if he was using it to have me modkill Makai, himself, or someone else?

I remember both being discussed, but I think it was to kill himself. I tried looking back through the old Modchat Hangouts Logs, but I didn't see it.

We should do a game of Mafia completely fucking drunk :D

There was definitely at least one Live game where that happened.

What's other gafia?
OuterGafia at http://outergafia.com/ is where side threads are hosted. Side threads may include: scum chats, gossip chats and spectators chats, as well as other things like game design boards, ONUW game threads, and other experimental set ups like the Death Note, etc.

Basically, outergafia provides places for supporting the games and the community :D

Like Ynnny said, Outer Gafia is another forum that we run on the side in order to facilitate all of the chats that can't happen on NeoGAF.

For Mafia, you need to have at least one chat that no one else can go into - the Mafia chat, where the Mafia players scheme. (There may also be other private chats, depending on the game.) We don't have the ability to lock certain people out of threads on GAF, so these chats have to be hosted somewhere else to be kept private and prevent cheating. In the early seasons of GAF Mafia, it was a site called QuickTopic, but that was slow and clunky, so we built Outer Gafia, which is LESS slow and clunky.

We do require all players to at least make an account on Outer Gafia in order to play. Why? Well, for one thing, you might be invited to a private board during the game. (We grant access to these boards based on accounts.) For another, the Mafia team needs to be able to communicate, and if you can tell that a player doesn't have an Outer Gafia account, then you can determine that they are Town. For this reason, we require all players to have an account at Outer Gafia, even if it's never used.

In case this is a concern, Outer Gafia is run entirely by members of the NeoGAF Mafia community, (Primarily myself and YesNOnoNOYes) and we do our best to keep your information private and safe.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ourobolus

Banned

Actually, everyone needs to sign up. Everyone needs an account, lest someone looks and says "hey, Oreo doesn't have an account, therefore he must be town"

EDIT: retro has it covered

RetroMG

By the way, Outer Gafia also hosts Spectator Chats for each season, where dead players can go to discuss the game and find out just how wrong their suspicions are. When each game ends, their private boards are opened for everyone to read, and then they are eventually archived on Outer Gafia in "The Vault of Glass."

Natiko

Banned
Retro has recommended you go read the scum threads I was in on OG to get an understanding of Scum Ouro

It won't help
Of the bits I've seen you certainly, er, do something that might be resembling strategizing (or may just be incoherent rambling?) far more than I did my one scum game lol

The Voting for Gafia's 2017 Entry into the Mafia Universe Invitational is now live.

The poll will automatically close at 11:00 PM PST on Sunday night.
Retro you made a mistake and left ynnny off.

Eating peeps before easter
scum tell

Not celebrating TALL BOY NIGHT
scum tell

shitposting before a mafia game starts
TOWNIE

Top Bottom