• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!) - 1 Year Anniversary!

Bishman

pix said:
So I went to EBGames today and traded in my PSP + 9 games. They were old games that I wouldn't play again. I did this because I was going to take advantage of the "Trade in 8 games and get $200 off a PS3". So i went in and asked the guy about it and he said he wasn't aware of any promo deal for the $200 off. So I traded in my shit anyways. It came to $177 total which I got put on a trade in card for later use. So I took a quick walk around the store and on my way out I noticed a flyer that had the exact deal I was talking about. So I went back to the desk and he said he was sorry and that he would have to erase my card and start over. So he put 8 games towards it for the $200 off and went to the back to get me a PS3. Well the retard grabbed the 80GB version (The promo was only for a 40GB + Spiderman 3 Blu Ray) I didn't say shit, I just stood there while he recalculated it all.

So he finishes it all off and says "Ok that will be $35." I almost shit myself. I knew he fucked up but I didn't say a word. The 80GB PS3 was $499 btw. So I paid with debit and left. I looked at my recipt and he gave me FULL Value credit for my used games, as if they were brand new. Hahaha!!

What is even better? I STILL GOT MY TRADE IN CARD! He never asked for it back to delete the credit. So I got an 80GB PS3 + $177 in store credit LOL!

Fuck yeah.

I also picked up a Sony Bravia 32".

Here's some pics..

PS3.JPG

TV.JPG
You lucky sob! I envy you!

Nitsuj23

Hey is there any posts of that deal online? I was looking at the EB Games site, but couldn't find anything. That seems like an awesome deal since I've been wanting a PS3!

pix said:
So I went to EBGames today and traded in my PSP + 9 games. They were old games that I wouldn't play again. I did this because I was going to take advantage of the "Trade in 8 games and get $200 off a PS3". So i went in and asked the guy about it and he said he wasn't aware of any promo deal for the $200 off. So I traded in my shit anyways. It came to $177 total which I got put on a trade in card for later use. So I took a quick walk around the store and on my way out I noticed a flyer that had the exact deal I was talking about. So I went back to the desk and he said he was sorry and that he would have to erase my card and start over. So he put 8 games towards it for the $200 off and went to the back to get me a PS3. Well the retard grabbed the 80GB version (The promo was only for a 40GB + Spiderman 3 Blu Ray) I didn't say shit, I just stood there while he recalculated it all.

So he finishes it all off and says "Ok that will be $35." I almost shit myself. I knew he fucked up but I didn't say a word. The 80GB PS3 was $499 btw. So I paid with debit and left. I looked at my recipt and he gave me FULL Value credit for my used games, as if they were brand new. Hahaha!!

What is even better? I STILL GOT MY TRADE IN CARD! He never asked for it back to delete the credit. So I got an 80GB PS3 + $177 in store credit LOL!

Fuck yeah.

Here's some pics..

PS3.JPG

nice. i think that guy was a n00b. in any case you got a so-so deal of trading all the stuff for $177 turning into an incredible deal in which you got $200 off a 80gb ps3 with the $177 store credit still remaining.

u_neek

Mass Effect finally arrived today.

I got Eternal Sonata and The Simpsons Game from a newly opened Gamestop here in Copenhagen where you can exchange any three Gamecube, Xbox or PS2 games and get a new game for 1 kr (~20 cent).

8ad7j2p.jpg

CTLance said:
It's that time of the year again.
8fpbo6t.jpg

The batteries are gaming related: food for my DC VMU. :D

If I'm rather depressed in the next few days it's the fault of the movie. Cannot wait to watch it. So good. So gutwrenchingly sad. I love movies like that. Coming up next on my Anime-I-never-got-around-to-buying list, my Girlfriend the ultimate weapon (aka SaiKano). I shudder in anticipation. :lol

No, I'm not suicidal.

Yet.

Very very good choice to buy Grave of the Fireflies.

November pickups round two for me : )

novhddvd.jpg

Region free ftw. FYI Europe HD DVD cases are a better than NA's. They don't feel as flimsy as NA next gen dvd cases. Feel more like PS3 case.

Jme

6o324nl.jpg

All were picked up on their launch days.
The controller glove and coin (and $25 gift card not pictured) are from preordering Galaxy at TRU.
The item in the upper right is my Phantom Hourglass Feather Stylus that arrived earlier in the month.
2000 Wii Points from clicking banner ads at Gaming Lagoon.

kuYuri

Fable was an October pick-up I forgot to post before. I got it from Toys R' Us during B2G1 last month.

Also, I got Mass Erect LE in today. :D I also got my 360 coffin in today, so no Mass Erect for me. :(

DSC03925.jpg

_dementia said:
Unless you're talking about Donkey Kong or the Mario Bros arcade game, how were you able to play Mario at age 5? SMB wasn't out.

Excuse me, I was 6 when SMB came out and yes I played the hell out of it at the arcade. Hell, I used to go to Aladdin's' Castle every weekend to play SMB, Donkey Kong, Galaga and other great classic games. SMB was awesome back then. I am 28 now and it just isn't for me anymore. The last Mario game I thought was worth a damn was Mario 64. Even then I found myself playing more mature games like Rouge Squadron and Goldeneye.

I am sure the Mario defense force will come after me hardcore now, but I truly think that Uncharted is a better game than SMG. This is one mans opinion. Don't go hang yourself because of it.

bh7812

Banned
Finally got validated so I can start posting here now :) I'll be respectful of others and their opinions as well as try to be helpful when ever possible.

It's been really neat getting to see pics of the stuff everyone's picked up. I think this thread's a great idea. I've even gone back through the rest of this thread's archive for this year just so I could see all of it.

I'd like to start posting pics of my pickups too. Do you guys prefer pics from a digital camera, or would it be ok for me to use my scanner to scan pics of the actual game boxes when I pick up stuff too?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
bh7812 said:
Finally got validated so I can start posting here now :) I'll be respectful of others and their opinions as well as try to be helpful when ever possible.

It's been really neat getting to see pics of the stuff everyone's picked up. I think this thread's a great idea. I've even gone back through the rest of this thread's archive for this year just so I could see all of it.

I'd like to start posting pics of my pickups too. Do you guys prefer pics from a digital camera, or would it be ok for me to use my scanner to scan pics of the actual game boxes when I pick up stuff too?

Digital Camera or camera phone pics are cool. Just no stock photos, please. Its fun to see people take their own photos.

Hawt damn, I need to buy the special edition of mass effect.....did i just say that.

bh7812 said:

I agree, these threads are great. They are one of the first things I looked at when I joined NeoGAF!

Digital pics are great. It is generally frowned upon to link pics from game sites as anyone can google such and such box art and find it! I look forward to you pics in the near future.

bh7812

Banned
^^Gotcha, digital camera pics it will be :) I just wanted to make sure what is and is not accepted. Before I got validated I saw some people get chewed out big time for the stock pictures. I can see why. If those were allowed everyone would just use those and you'd either just scroll through the entire thread or more likely just not even bother

Tiduz

Eurogaime
novemberpickup.jpg

GH3 PS3 (Add me if you want to play online later, PSN = Tiduz)
2x 1GB ram for vaio
Capture card so i can record direct feed console stuff once again. edit: Ok that didnt work out, blue screen of death every time its used on vista, will return tomorrow :(
300 Bluray

masterkajo

Let me guess you have a launch XBox 360... :lol

But seriously, why do you need that many copies of the same game? Gift for friends? "Here you and you too... sure, got one for you also!" :D

pix said:

Fuck yeah.

Here's some pics..
this man has been fired, I'm sure. :lol

cjdunn

Benjamin1981 said:
New Media Markt opened today in my town. Bought 10 Sega Rally. Look at the price and you know why.
Strewth!!!

biggyfries said:
I'm done for the month, and hopefully for the year.

100_0954.jpg

Grr. I can't find GW: Galaxies (for both) anywhere near me!

November anti-climax confirmed.

.hacked

hual1129.jpg

Two new Dual Shock 3 controllers (ahh back to gaming like it was 1999 again)

Mass Effect LE (why the hell was this so impossible to get at Gamestop?)

.hacked

Strider2K99 said:
You should have just gotten them from Amazon and save yourself the headache, like I did.

I ended up getting it from bestbuy.com when I checked amazon they wanted over $120 (amazon sellers I guess).

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
.hacked said:
I ended up getting it from bestbuy.com when I checked amazon they wanted over $120 (amazon sellers I guess).

>_< just bought my limited edition one. Time to sell the regular edition when it arrives.

DeadGzuz

Banned
November?

Mass Effect came in from my $40 pre-order deal. I ordered a DS3, but it's not here yet. I didn't buy Drake's because a buddy did (I might later still). I have to save a game or two for X-mas gifts, maybe AC and UT3.

I did score Rome season 1 & 2, they are ~$30 now.

Teknoman

Here goes for my first time pick up post:
NovemberPickup.jpg

Finally found SMT: Nocture, DDS1 and DDS2 (both in the deluxe box since thats how it was meant to be) in one place, so I had to get em. Just snagged Mass Effect today. Also since Gamestop was lame and didnt have the official case for Nocturne, I just found some custom cover art on the net.

Also holding Mass Effect for Christmas/ After finals. Hope theres a NeoGAF christmas post in the works.

Teknoman

NameGenerated said:
Not pictured

Rock Band Instruments

Red Ringed 360

Damn red ringed right around the corner from christmas...that really sucks. Heh thats just like the christmas a few years back where my PS2 died from DRE.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Teknoman said:
Damn red ringed right around the corner from christmas...that really sucks. Heh thats just like the christmas a few years back where my PS2 died from DRE.

I just shipped it back last Friday so I hope to get it a few days before Christmas...that would be ideal. My friend let me borrow his 360 over Thanksgiving weekend so I got up to lvl 19 in Mass Effect and my friends and I jammed out to Rock Band...Oh god, I want me 360 back! :lol

kuYuri

NameGenerated said:
I just shipped it back last Friday so I hope to get it a few days before Christmas...that would be ideal. My friend let me borrow his 360 over Thanksgiving weekend so I got up to lvl 19 in Mass Effect and my friends and I jammed out to Rock Band...Oh god, I want me 360 back! :lol

Just shipped out my 360 as well. I wasn't getting any picture, so either the AV port or GPU was fried. I know how you feel right now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have about 9 things I can post but I like posting stuff all at once so I'll wait till the rest arrives which could mean posting it in the Dec. thread. In the meantime, I'm done 99% of my X-mas shopping, all wrapped up and ready to go. :)

IMG_3971.jpg

Top Bottom