• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!) - 1 Year Anniversary!

ymmv

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
It might just be me but I like Uncharted a lot more than SMG. I loved Mario when I was 5-12, not so much at 28.

Same here. I played a couple of levels a few weeks ago but I couldn't get really excited about it. I love R&C but Mario still makes me think "meh". I did order the game yesterday because my Wii collection consists of only three games and I was missing out on the supposedly bestest awesomest most wonderest game ever. But I still prefer R&C and Uncharted to SMG.

Ok, back to the topic.

Here's my October swag ... (didn't post it last month)

October.jpg

and here's my November stash.

November.jpg

BTW I would have bought Ratatouille on Blu-Ray too - it's my favorite movie of the year - but those idiots at Disney put a region-lock on it... :((( No import for me and the Euro release is still months away.

CAVE343

Picked up at begin of the month
DSCF2934.JPG

Got these last week and today.
8800GT, G9 Mouse and games.
UNREAL TOURNAMENT III!! :)
6yufths.jpg

Got this one today, HP 2207 along with a new rig(Q6600/4gb ram).
81qfdyx.jpg

Thats all for this month, too much already :)

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
cjtiger300 said:
It might just be me but I like Uncharted a lot more than SMG. I loved Mario when I was 5-12, not so much at 28.
Holy shit...You just played the kiddie card? Really?

bad-joey: Nice haul! How much did that 8800 GT set you back? I'm looking to upgrade but I have no clue where to start.

fernoca

bad-joey said:
Wait..
PAL regions got that really cool and tall figure, and US got that tiny 3 inches one?? :O!!.... :
Pic from the US version:
Buttonbasher said:
Jive Turkey said:
Darn..I guess he did...hehehe..
For someone that claims to be 28, using that old joke/card..it sure is lame.. :lol

Anyway, I'll add to my previous reply:
fernoca said:
Can't find the camera, in any case:

-Super Mario Galaxy (with coin)
-Super Mario Galaxy Limited Edition Guide (with hardcover and poster)
-Nintendo DS lite (white)
-The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
-The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Limited Edition Guide (with hardcover, comic, poster and bookmark)
-Wii Zapper (with Link's Crossbow Training)
-Wii Play (with Wii Remote)
-Nunchuck (additional)
-Geometry Wars Galaxies
-Soulcalibur Legends
-Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
-Batallion Wars
-Sonic 3D Blast (Virtual Console)
-Pokémon Sticker Book

And some more stuff before the end of the month.. :)

-Wii Console Stand (horizontal one that EB has for $9.99 till Dec. 2nd)
-Wii Steerin Wheel with Stand (really cool and works too..hehehe..since thanks to the base, you're not holding the wheel on the air)
-ExciteTruck (yeah, I'm kinda understanding the hype..now..the game is really great)

CAVE343

Azzurri said:
Coming from Amazon.com

51z3DhUtutL._SS400_.jpg

Wow, can't wait to see some real pics of it.

fernoca said:
Wait..
PAL regions got that really cool and tall figure, and US got that tiny 3 inches one?? :O!!.... :
Pic from the US version:

Yeah, its a bigger statue but I think alot more expensive :) (retail is 99 euro) got it cheaper though.

Jive Turkey said:

bad-joey: Nice haul! How much did that 8800 GT set you back? I'm looking to upgrade but I have no clue where to start.

Thanks! I got it for 265 euros incl. shipping. But the thing nearly impossible (over here) to find so I'm very happy with it.

alu

bad-joey said:
8800GT, G9 Mouse and games.
UNREAL TOURNAMENT III!! :)
6yufths.jpg

Got this one today, HP 2207 along with a new rog(Q6600/4gb ram).
81qfdyx.jpg

Thats all for this month, too much already :)

Wow, seems like we have the exact same rig, even down to the HP w2207 monitor. :D
How's Crysis runnin for you?

CAVE343

alu said:
Wow, seems like we have the exact same rig, even down to the HP w2207 monitor. :D
How's Crysis runnin for you?

Well, I just installed it and its runs at 20-22 fps on 720p and everything very high, no AA.
Looks very good, but it needs tweaking ofcourse.
Hope I can make it run like 30 fps and still looking good.

beerbelly

Banned
cjtiger300 said:

Seems your old age has given you alzhiemer's. Mario Galaxy wasn't released when you were 5-12, silly.

Spike

cjtiger300 said:

Why? Not mature enough for ya? Or do the bright, shiny colours scare you?

Or, are you just not secure enough in your masculinity to allow yourself to enjoy a "kiddie" game.

Jesus...

Edit: Just saw the Jive Turkey picked up on the kiddie slant, too. Guess I should read the full thread before responding.

marwan

Banned
BasicUAE said:
For how much dirhams did u get this for.....I have 6500 slide BTW..

i got bored of the 6500 slide so i gave it to my brother. The N82 runs Symbian OS and i prefer smart phones. it's being sold here for 2400 AED(dirhams), but since it was sold out everywhere on day one, i found a place selling it for 2650 dirhams so i bought it. totally worth it. :)

the camera quality will destroy anything 5mp cam phone on the market, and the UI/OS is blistering FAST!!!

Wired

november07.jpg

* Gradius Collection : Still don't own a PSP
* Heatseeker : I know, lol, but it was cheap (relatively speaking, I'm in Europe)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jive Turkey said:
Wait...Did you actually just buy a Virtual Boy or is that just in there for show?

No I just bought one, and the rare Wario Land.

VOOK

Wired said:
Considering that you managed to answer his question I assume you haven't gone blind yet, or is someone helping you?

Dragon Dictate, no really it has no effect on me I've been playing it for a couple hours now - if I wake up in the morning with no sight then yeah that might be a problem.

LiK said:
someone bought a virtual boy? he just pwned us all.

Woohoo

Nightz

My wallet cried this month...

6yn8aw7.jpg

72zx5ah.jpg

85fxjtj.jpg

7ygtxdc.jpg

...but they were tears of joy. :D

Edit: Sorry for the image sizes, I didn't have time to resize them. I also bought an iPod Touch this month, I'll add a pic later.

Gagaman

751cddb7.jpg

Mario Galaxy is probably the first game I've bought day one since...Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast, I believe.

The Danger Mouse and Sonic box sets were being sold off on hmv's website for stupidly cheap: £18 and £13. Ah, I remember having all of the Sonic cartoon videos as a tyke..

The Dreamcast game top right is called The Lost Golem. There's only about 500 copies of this floating about, apparently. Crazy Taxi 2 was still sealed, which is nice.

Gagaman said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/GagaMan/751cddb7.jpg[IMG]
Mario Galaxy is probably the first game I've bought day one since...Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast, I believe.

The Danger Mouse and Sonic box sets were being sold off on hmv's website for stupidly cheap: £18 and £13. Ah, I remember having all of the Sonic cartoon videos as a tyke..

The Dreamcast game top right is called The Lost Golem. There's only about 500 copies of this floating about, apparently. Crazy Taxi 2 was still sealed, which is nice.[/QUOTE]

The first and probably last copy of Zombie Revenge I'll ever see besides my own.

Azzurri

How difficult is a Wii to find in Western Europe? When I was in Italy this summer, I saw about 10 on the shelfs. Maybe it's because I stay in Southern Calabria and people don't game much, but it's the only time I've actually seen a Wii on a shelf; ANYWHERE :lol

LiK

Carlos 360 said:
Question about that Live Free or Die Hard: HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

If blu-ray, I'll be pissed. I bought a standard BR disc! Grrr!

there's no HD-DVD version, this is the unrated DVD. the BD is the crappy pg-13 version so i skipped it. the unrated version is sooo much better.

RTS83

MarkMan said:
X_X

Well I went out earlier with my daughter... she picked these out for herself:

2058099393_9e1e437ad4.jpg

I knew instantly that you had kids. Gaf's sense of quality in videogames is infallible.

DangerStepp

LiK said:
there's no HD-DVD version, this is the unrated DVD. the BD is the crappy pg-13 version so i skipped it. the unrated version is sooo much better.

There's also a sweet Die Hard blu-ray anthology deal I saw at Wal-Mart for $88. You get Die Hard, Die Hard II, Die Hard: With a Vengeance, and Live Free or Die Hard. Not too shabby.

LiK

DangerStepp said:
There's also a sweet Die Hard blu-ray anthology deal I saw at Wal-Mart for $88. You get Die Hard, Die Hard II, Die Hard: With a Vengeance, and Live Free or Die Hard. Not too shabby.

yea, but i skipped that too cuz it also contains the pg-13 version of live free or die hard. the reviews for the video quality of the first 3 movies are not great so i'll wait til it's cheaper or if there's a sale.

vgamer1

pcgames.jpg

Well, they're both old, but they were a steal. I picked both of them up from the store new in box for 4 dollars each!

And sorry for the crappy cell phone pic... I can't find the digital camera haha.

Amir0x

Banned
Wired said:

* Gradius Collection : Still don't own a PSP
* Heatseeker : I know, lol, but it was cheap (relatively speaking, I'm in Europe)

More like RED STEEL lol. Throw it in the garbage before it's too late

VOOK

Amannamederic said:
Knocked up on HD-DVD?

HighDefChildBirthFtw?!?!?!

Its a funny movie and was the same price as the DVD here, why not?

pix

So I went to EBGames today and traded in my PSP + 9 games. They were old games that I wouldn't play again. I did this because I was going to take advantage of the "Trade in 8 games and get $200 off a PS3". So i went in and asked the guy about it and he said he wasn't aware of any promo deal for the $200 off. So I traded in my shit anyways. It came to $177 total which I got put on a trade in card for later use. So I took a quick walk around the store and on my way out I noticed a flyer that had the exact deal I was talking about. So I went back to the desk and he said he was sorry and that he would have to erase my card and start over. So he put 8 games towards it for the $200 off and went to the back to get me a PS3. Well the retard grabbed the 80GB version (The promo was only for a 40GB + Spiderman 3 Blu Ray) I didn't say shit, I just stood there while he recalculated it all.

So he finishes it all off and says "Ok that will be $35." I almost shit myself. I knew he fucked up but I didn't say a word. The 80GB PS3 was $499 btw. So I paid with debit and left. I looked at my recipt and he gave me FULL Value credit for my used games, as if they were brand new. Hahaha!!

What is even better? I STILL GOT MY TRADE IN CARD! He never asked for it back to delete the credit. So I got an 80GB PS3 + $177 in store credit LOL!

Fuck yeah.

I also picked up a Sony Bravia 32".

Here's some pics..

PS3.JPG

TV.JPG

Top Bottom