• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods +MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Forza Horizon 3 (Preorder) - One more week!!!
29418367160_883c991c57.jpg

Oh snap, preload started!? Gonna have to make sure my Xbox One is up and rolling with that!

Very tempted to grab an Xbox One S for the office, but decided to put some money in the shop for now.

29127691403_7843af12b8_c.jpg

29127693993_d583e1569e_c.jpg

29127696833_74b0d8dc60_c.jpg

29127699403_81d442cbb5_c.jpg

Router bit, drill bits, jigsaw blades, jigsaw accessories, a 12v drill and a dedicated vac for my miter saw.

Also bought one of these for the first time in nearly a decade.

29717175306_d986a0a6b0_c.jpg

ta155

Picked up a few gaming bits during my holiday in Florida, although Brexit meant nothing was as cheap as it might have otherwise been...

20160918_163954.jpg

Regardless, you can save quite a bit on LEGO Dimensions stuff in the US so picked up the last few bits I wanted before Series Two kicks off.

The Last of Us and Uncharted turned out to super good value in GameStop compared to anywhere in the UK. Never had any intention of buying TLoU as I still have it on PS3 but news of a PS4 Pro patch gave me a good enough excuse. Uncharted nice to have.

PES wasn't really a saving at all but wanted to get a few days of play in before I head back to work, so made sense. Loving it so far.

20160918_164202.jpg

Picked up Civil War upon my return and that'll be me done until payday, which just so happens to coincide with the release of Horizon 3...

SCB3

Quite a nice payday, so time for some stuff:

j4mWeHo.jpg

Bioshock is up in my top 10 of all time, I never actually finished 2 and skipped Infinite completely, so it'll be great to go back and finally finish these

jDLWYvu.jpg

Pre Ordered the PC Version of Gears 4, cannot wait to play it.

ReCore was a nice win from Microsoft, wasn't gonna buy it, so a free copy makes me wanna try it out.

Si1Mtgv.jpg

I alway remember Dead Rising and Saint s Row basically destroying my first Xbox 360 and because of that I never finished DR, I bought the trilogy as although I finished DR2, its still a great game and Off the Record looks interesting, I only wish DR3 was included, but the Steam version is like £10 so I may consider it before DR4 in December

DxmqQGZ.jpg

It's that good, I'm skipping FIFA completely this year I think, its Demo didn't do anything for me after a few matches whereas PES 2017 I've played over 30 Hours of already

8itUrCX.jpg

Finally got a Microphone for my YouTube series! I found this used for £50 and figured I'd take a shot, the sound quality is fantastic and is gonna be great for my History series on my YT channel that I'm currently developing.

First of all, apologies for poor quality phone pictures.

Nendoroid Raiden.

The new Deus Ex art book.

First cover plate for my 3DS. Not sure if I really like it, but it was €5.......

Speaking of the 3DS, I picked up a couple of games for it.

Bought a couple of new journals.

Finally, this was dirt cheap and made me laugh.

My first name is actually John Conor, and it's not because of Terminator. But that's what everyone assumes.

Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters
Been after this for a little while, since a friend introduced me to it. Super neat funky jazz.

ReCore

EVA-02
It's been a long time since I did any figure building/painting, and even then it was Warhammer 40,000, so this is fairly new ground for me. Hopefully will be a neat long-term project.

Apologies for my gross hairy arm, but I also grabbed an Apple Watch Sport thanks to the price drop of first gen models.
I'm pretty happy with it. It's genuinely nice to have a watch again, and it's neat to have for heart rate and step monitoring. The apps are alright, I can check notifications without pulling out my phone, set timers while cooking without touching my phone. It's neat.

Picked up DQVII and Unlimited Saga. I actually bought the latter on launch day in 2003, but eventually sold it to fund some other dumb purchase. Never got very far, but I guess it left an impression on me.

DQVII has been great so far.

Traded my disc copy of Madden plus ESO for this. Supposed to be a second Xbox in the house, but with W10 streaming I don't understand why I bought this.

29706335082_4cf1a85ccb_c.jpg

you just wanted it for the new console smell, it's ok....we understand

I...I can't argue with that.

The main goal was to get the old one off my desk, so I figured a smaller one that stood up could go with the other ones. It never crossed my mind that I could just move it to the living room and stream it. Oh well, I sort of wanted to buy myself something anyway.

My September so far:

Gaf%201.jpg~original

Couldn't pass up that price for the Alien Isolation, even though I have it on PC.

gaf%2012.jpg~original

Another Target clearance game.

gaf%202.jpg~original

These two just arrived today (9/20)

gaf%205.jpg~original

Walked in to our local Goodwill for the first time the other day, walked out with the new Madden for 12 bucks. Not bad.

gaf%207.jpg~original

Heard this was alright.

gaf%208.jpg~original

Found this out in the wild the other day. Actually bought it for a friend since he's been hunting for a decent looking copy for a while now.

gaf%209.jpg~original

Villager! Of course I bought two. One to display, one for the collection.

gaf%206.jpg~original

Another Goodwill find. Vintage (1980) Pac-Man glasses. Have 36 total of these now.

gaf%204.jpg~original

Figured, since I have the new Pac-Man glasses I might as well pick up a vintage Pac-Man book to go with them.

gaf%2011.jpg~original

Amazon sale.

And finally,

gaf%203.jpg~original

gaf%2010.jpg~original

Love those Limited Run games!

Crossposting from the neogeo thread but finally realized a dream i've had for years: Neo Geo MVS via Supergun!

Neo Geo MVS FS Motherboard + Supergun MAK Strike (w/CPS2/3 Harness and premium SCART Cable)

IMG_2766_zpsazdlmspf.jpg

(Mind the cables, working with limited space here lol)

IMG_2769_zpsh4mwok1q.jpg

(It runs below 5v via a MOLEX power adapter, no problems so far!)

IMG_2764_zpsk771iabj.jpg

IMG_2765_zpse8q5coes.jpg

Thanks to NG . com whom I purchased every game here from fellow members <3
Could not do it without ya'll!

IMG_5913_zpsztaees3n.jpg

Time to play!

Stalk

Crossposting from the neogeo thread but finally realized a dream i've had for years: Neo Geo MVS via Supergun!

Neo Geo MVS FS Motherboard + Supergun MAK Strike (w/CPS2/3 Harness and premium SCART Cable)

Been looking at getting one of these for ages! Price is pretty reasonable from a quick google.

PSOreo

This months pickups. The headphones are astounding in terms of their noise cancelling and I'm super glad to finally find a copy of this vinyl.
ToUGaQA.jpg

Bioshock looks beautiful so far, really enjoying playing through the series again especially since I missed 2 last gen. have yet to start Deus Ex but loved the previous entry.
lsejcY7.jpg

TacosNSalsa

My first time posting in here so please excuse the crappy pics and angles and stuff..

dWkl9we.jpg

I really needed a new chair my old one was tearing my back up ..
ZqHILSH.jpg

My first ever gaming pc! It's pre-built but I'm quite happy with it and my friends say I got it at a decent price . i7 6700k , gtx 1080, 16 gigs ram, 2tb HD, 256 SSD
4zr5au1.jpg

Bf9kg6r.jpg

I want to get a different case but I'm terrified of digging into this .
KpbMB67.jpg

Not gaming related below

I've recently been bitten by the photo bug and have been photographing and recording everything so I picked up a dedicated camera . Was looking at a DSLR but decided to start small with Nikon S6900 from B&H ..one day free shipping and no tax too!!
iMJ0Crx.jpg

Got seemingly the last 6 pack of this stiff for the summer. These seasonal beers are great but you better get em while you can
NhOT6z6.jpg

And finally made it into Brooklyn and got to my favorite taco place...
jQENH20.jpg

Been looking at getting one of these for ages! Price is pretty reasonable from a quick google.

Yeah the setup for the MOBO + Supergun is the priciest part (aside from rarer games) but will set you back around 250 if you plan right/are patient!

My first time posting in here so please excuse the crappy pics and angles and stuff..

My first ever gaming pc! It's pre-built but I'm quite happy with it and my friends say I got it at a decent price . i7 6700k , gtx 1080, 16 gigs ram, 2tb HD, 256 SSD
I want to get a different case but I'm terrified of digging into this .
KpbMB67.jpg

Since it's prebuilt it was probably more expensive than doing it yourself, but it sounds like you at least got a decent deal. I guess the more annoying issue with prebuilts is you get situations like this kind of cable management mess. It looks like the issue is that this case has no backplate that you can hide cables behind and a non-modular power supply so everything is just...there.

In any case, enjoy your gaming PC!

SCB3

Last purchases this month

05dyX76.png

Loved Forza Horizon 1 and 2, cannot wait for 3

wsarxDA.png

Finally Upgrading my PC Chair, not bad for £90 delivered, will post a proper pic when I build it this weekend

TheMoon

Last purchases this month

05dyX76.png

Loved Forza Horizon 1 and 2, cannot wait for 3

wsarxDA.png

Finally Upgrading my PC Chair, not bad for £90 delivered, will post a proper pic when I build it this weekend

photos, not screenshots. the thread title is no joke. please take it seriously, looking at actual photos of things is a big part of why people come in here. nobody cares about stock product pics from google.

Celcius

°Temp. member

(Mind the cables, working with limited space here lol)

(It runs below 5v via a MOLEX power adapter, no problems so far!)

Thanks to NG . com whom I purchased every game here from fellow members <3
Could not do it without ya'll!

Time to play!

Great job, looks awesome!

lEEjWjh.jpg

Got an Anahiem Electronics flag for my apartment. (Makers of the cockpits in Gundam)

FPekiFU.jpg

Went to Ultra Japan in Tokyo. Super fun trip
Also an Ultra Japan flag/t-shirt not pictured.

6KNJMrm.jpg

While drunk after Ultra I bought a bunch of home goods I've been putting off since I moved to Japan haha. Electric kettle, rice cooker, toster oven, dinnerware, cleaning supplies, and more.

Good Tokyo trip, but glad to be back in my little city of Kagoshima.

kanuuna

I had been looking at some prints over at Cook & Becker for a bit, and I flirted with the idea of going for a Destiny print, but what I ended up getting was something bit more expensive - and probably something I won't regret as much a decade from today. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing this with my own eyes for another few months, but I had someone receive the package for me, and here it is:

cb3.jpg

cb2.jpg

'World Myth' print from thatgamecompany. Basically, the story to Journey as seen in the game. This thing is pretty huge, actually - 25cm x 200cm - something I don't think a picture can get across (at least one of this quality). I really want to see the detail on this up close.

cb1.jpg

Signed on the back by Jenova Chen and Matt Nava. There's also another document with their signatures. I really look forward to seeing this in person. And I look forward to keeping this one.

Also, my Furi Vinyl arrived (late), but I don't have a picture of that. Sorry.

Top Bottom