• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods +MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

jCcSWir.jpg

Suddenly broke as shit.

ys45

Been a while since I posted here .

I finally went to Japan 2 weeks ago (and already want to go back) and here some of my loot after visiting some shops in Akihabara (Mandarake and Super potato) and doing a lot of book off :p

S0mmRMa.jpg

I took this photo when I was still in Japan with my cell phone so it's not really great but I'm too lazy to take another one .

The thing in bubble wrap is a PC Engine Core Grafx 2 which I wanted for a while now .
I kept doing book off wherever I was visiting so I got more stuff like .

Mappy Land Famicom CIB
Shin Megami Tensei Famicom CIB
Bunch of Symphonic arranged music from Dragon Quest
And some Falcom music cd (Ys mostly)

Justinh

Got recore in yesterday. I actually like it, despite it trying to get me to hate it >:c
I've had a number of glitches, which sucks because of the loading.
Buuttttt... I actually like the game. I think it's fun. I haven't gotten to the end though, I think, and that's where it seems people have the most problems with the game. I'm only like 7-8 hours in.

Post office seems to have lost my package that had in it the 16th DragonBall book and the Back to the Future game. This copy of BttF is a replacement Amazon sent me when I notified them I was having issues. I'm trying to get them to send me the book now. I played the Back to the Future game a while back when it came out on PC, but now it has Tom Wilson as Biff, so I wanna play it again, lol. It was only 15 dollars, too. So whatevs.

Glad to finally got a BluRay copy of Transformers the Movie! I love this movie, pure nostalgia for me. Unfortunately, Hot Rod is all pink in this transfer too. I'm still glad I got it though (That 30th sticker on the steelbook was actually on the shrink wrap, but I kinda like it so I took it off and am gonna keep it).

Back to the DragonBall books, I'm getting close to having them all finally. I really like reading through the original Dragon Ball series since I never watched that anime. I think I like this Goku more. With that missing one from the original series I only need the last 6 of the "DragonBall Z" series as they call it here in the United States.
Two Yajirobes!

edit: Friday update - I got Amazon to send me a replacement for the book that was lost. The other package never arrived so I guess it's just gone for good. I'm hoping it never shows up too, because then I'd have to go out of my way to send it back.

The fact that Amazon keeps using USPS to deliver my packages really pisses me off (as they've shown time and again that they'll just misdeliver them or straight up be late), and it really has me reconsidering renewing my Amazon Prime membership. I pay 100 bucks a year since like... 2009 or 2010 for reliable, on-time shipping. I don't like having to wonder whether or not I'm going to get my packages on time, or at all for that matter.

The cocktail they've got me on has me in a manic spending mode. How do I use these things guys??

New laptop (GTX 1070, 64GB RAM)+mouse, Akai MPK 261 keyboard, and TONS of money on digital music stuff. Easily $4k. Who knew making music was so expensive? This might be a fun en devour though so I'm really looking forward to learning completely from scratch. I whipped the Rock Band 3 MIDI Stratocaster (not joking) out of the closet so it's not technically a pickup.

CsWvXadVUAEyZ5_.jpg

Dat lens doe.
Very nice.
;D
Thanks for noticing.

Pick ups from the last few weeks:

Gaming Related:

After years of a cheap £5 membrane keyboard, and budget £15 mouse, I've finally jumped into modern times with a Razer mechanical keyboard (shame about the logo being green but I'll live, and no backlighting because I generally believe it looks tacky), and a Logitech G502 (still needs properly setting up!)

Lots of MTG Commander products, from 2013 since I found them cheap, and a 2015 deck to transform into Angels Tribal EDH. Plus and Oversized commander Animar to start a Temur counter deck.

Returned my SC-97 and went for the upgrade. ARC 2 is amazing. much better than the other room correction software I have used. Got it a little while ago just now posting

Savant remote is pretty nice, if it controlled Hue it would be perfect. Supposedly an update coming for that soon, we'll see though.

New002

I've picked up a lot of stuff recently that I haven't taken pics of, but here's one I did snap a pic of:

29688420866_d2e0cc8cee.jpg

29562002081_21d29873c3.jpg

Sony PVM 1953MD

I think I am officially out of room in there D:

spared

I got so much to show you guys this month but this is all the time I got for now. I haven't played a DQ game in a long time so I am very much looking forward to this! 👻

lksUalDh.jpg

TKR92

RECORE - yet to play it. will play this weekend
29082978784_b0f55b1352.jpg

Forza Horizon 3 (Preorder) - One more week!!!
29418367160_883c991c57.jpg

New Balance M1500
29551618525_7bc6aeedce.jpg

Adidas X CONCEPT Ultra Boost EQT Support 93/16
29517645726_8d947d8e5a.jpg

Adidas Consortium X Kasina Superstar 80s
29297856755_8bd64fbdfd.jpg

Hospital Records 'Surgery' Tee
28870100815_f754a781a0.jpg

RECORE - yet to play it. will play this weekend
29082978784_b0f55b1352.jpg

Forza Horizon 3 (Preorder) - One more week!!!
29418367160_883c991c57.jpg

New Balance M1500
29551618525_7bc6aeedce.jpg

Adidas X CONCEPT Ultra Boost EQT Support 93/16
29517645726_8d947d8e5a.jpg

Adidas Consortium X Kasina Superstar 80s
29297856755_8bd64fbdfd.jpg

Hospital Records 'Surgery' Tee
28870100815_f754a781a0.jpg

Wow, I love those NB.

The cocktail they've got me on has me in a manic spending mode. How do I use these things guys??

New laptop (GTX 1070, 64GB RAM)+mouse, Akai MPK 261 keyboard, and TONS of money on digital music stuff. Easily $4k. Who knew making music was so expensive? This might be a fun en devour though so I'm really looking forward to learning completely from scratch. I whipped the Rock Band 3 MIDI Stratocaster (not joking) out of the closet so it's not technically a pickup.

CsWvXadVUAEyZ5_.jpg

;D
Thanks for noticing.

Damn, I'm jelly as hell. All I have is a mpk mini and a mediocre laptop with laughable memory lol. I'm guessing your 4K went towards DAWs? Nice get 👍

MilkLizard

Been too long since I posted here.

After the review on theverge.com I needed these and for the 40€ I paid they are indeed fantastic.
img_2911yjst4.jpg

Big Deftones fan so I finally got this
img_2878-animationy7k75.gif

Also got Resident Evil 4 and Wolfenstein:Old Blood on PSN, so no pics for that. Resident Evil is as good as I remembered it.

NotSelf

CsWvXadVUAEyZ5_.jpg

;D
Thanks for noticing.

Nice I own the mpk49 been using it for a couple months great build. I used own midi keyboards in the $200 range and all of them have failed on me this is my first akai product hope this one last!

TYPpDBh.jpg

Literally just got these right now. Can't wait to play ReCore. And of course BioShock is BioShock, looking forward to delve into Rapture and finally replay both BioShock 2 and Infinite which I've only played one time apiece.

Last pick-ups for a while... iPhone 7+ (and wallet), iWatch with metal straps,wireless headphones (not 100% sold on these) and a GTX1080 to replace the two 1070s in his machine. They weren't cutting it for Rust, sadly. Though that games hardly optimized - but it didn't support SLI at all so having two cards was worthless.

Nice I own the mpk49 been using it for a couple months great build. I used own midi keyboards in the $200 range and all of them have failed on me this is my first akai product hope this one last!
I have no idea what I'm doing. It took me a while to figure out how to turn it on. This is going to be an adventure.

Damn, I'm jelly as hell. All I have is a mpk mini and a mediocre laptop with laughable memory lol. I'm guessing your 4K went towards DAWs? Nice get ��
I was under the influence and saw this "become an edm producer in 38 hours" playlist on Lynda.com and fell down a well of spending. I don't even know what I got. What's Abelton Suite or Komplete 11?

New listening thingies...
DC381096-55B2-4DB4-B832-D843BC436D31_zps1shwxuet.jpg

Some game LE and bonus thingy...
50AA9ACC-E4FF-4A9D-B894-F71DB744D88E_zpsvyq99yef.jpg

Red box contents

My ticket to the Velvet Room...
815BCBC4-0FA8-4D18-B9D5-704F57EDAEB9_zpsjux8hoch.jpg

...Got a book and some tunes to keep me company while there...
115E70B9-F19D-40CB-993B-672E8F701773_zpsep8aik8o.jpg

...As well as a game...
3293EC42-6E62-4338-AC7C-DC202B1B9E8E_zpsjrusc26z.jpg

Inside of the bonus pouch
4C228D8D-B136-473C-A478-E85677798FA6_zpsjv5b4f85.jpg

Finally, some portable goodness as well.
2CB4F2B9-8369-4DDD-8674-A0DB95D29232_zpsdupqff05.jpg

Top Bottom