• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods +MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
24100445945_44cb8b8a90_o.jpg

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods +MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

THE FINAL FOUR!

Dear NeoGAF,

We're going into the final calendar quarter of 2016. The FINAL FOUR MONTHS of 2016! Are you ready?

Welcome back to the stage of history. This year (2016) marks the 10 year anniversary of this thread (November). Time flies when you're gaming. Let's enjoy it and succeed together!

In typical new month fashion, let's reflect on the previous month and post our favorite pick-ups from August 2016. As we go through September 2016, let's post our latest pick-ups as well! Take care everyone!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods +MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

Here are some of my favorite pickups from August!

14032801_571180636423872_1970724363_n.jpg

Street Fighter bikinis from MUSTERBRAND. lol. These aren't for me, but I gotta get them to some friends to wear / shoot pics in. ^_^

14026571_329382190735475_1879812426_n.jpg

Picked up this Supre... err. Shoryuken snapback from Superprjkt (formerly Kineda)!

14031722_1192803054096050_936114064_n.jpg

Got the Air Jordan 1 High OG - Black/Red "Banned" a bit early. One of the, if not THE most iconic sneaker. Glad to see it back and in such quality! Great leather and fit overall.

13731152_1654066541588696_1988668678_n.jpg

Dusted off the PS Vita and downloaded some PS1 games to play during my travels. Against better judgement I decided to start playing Final Fantasy VIII again. I could never stomach it to play/enjoy in previous attempts so I never fully finished it. AND the same goes for this round as I started playing "I am Setsuna" on my PS4 instead. Loved that lol.

14033420_187780371641621_1220854916_n.jpg

Custom Pokken Tournament amiibo of Shadow Mewtwo! This awesome custom job was done by Ms. GandaKris!

14063440_657126461117598_1329019016_n.jpg

Wave Corp. does it again with the amazing 1:12 scale SEGA Astro City Cabinet plastic model kit. Had to get a few to put together my imaginary mini arcade one day.

13686869_648981601944443_409929096_n.jpg

I love these Air Goku pins! :D

13642942_1239314612755003_1785610136_n.jpg

New Air Jordan mook and JoJo's artbook!

13694607_1829167883972115_1048307383_n.jpg

The retro of the Olympic Air More Uptempo - as worn by Scottie Pippen in the 96 games!

13724478_286984795010622_1288438655_n.jpg

Finally got a crisp new pair of 2001 Air Jordan 1 "Royals" !

14099629_1237276276296003_1543694226_n.jpg

Couldn't wait and downloaded resident evil 4 for my PS4!

14052590_1163008060405313_331494499_n.jpg

... but earlier today I got a retail copy for the collection as well, along with Project Diva X for my daughter!

13687421_1312812375436026_334748273_n.jpg

BURN TO FIGHT! Always love and support fighting games. The King of Fighters XIV is fun and charming.

That's all I got for August! Have a great September! I'll be posting a lot from my travels and I'll be in Japan for Tokyo Game Show!

Have a good one, GAF! If you'd like to follow my adventures, please follow me on twitter or instagram.

Gila

Got many pickups over summer that I haven't posted. Here's one of my favourites that just arrived today!

nuLy3ga.jpg

Zhiyun Crane

//ARCANUM

Awesome post as always MarkMan! I'd love to see a photo one of these days of how you store/display all your stuff! I can only imagine what your whole collection looks like.

Hopefully I see you in Japan at TGS! We'll (FloKO) be there with a certain player that's playing in the Japan Cup! :)

Are you going to ECT btw?

bones123

pda1PYm.jpg

I work at EB Games (Canada sister company of GameStop) and was ecstatic when this got traded in. I have the Platinum Edge card so I got 10% off the recycled discounted sticker price, then I got my employee discount on top of that, along with a gift card from a trade-in, I picked the game up for less than 35$!

(Apologies if this is improperly formatted or something, I just got home from work and am exceedingly tired.)

taco543

So this is my pick ups for the last few months as I've been gone in the ether for a bit...

My Favorite pick as of most recently! It's Willy The Wolf! by Shiffa

Since I don't wanna bust him out of the box this is what he looks like when I don't have confined in his cell.
vinyl-willy-the-wolf-medium-figure-by-shiffa-1.jpg

I got a really nice knife never owned a knife before don't really know why I bought it but I did.

I bought a crappy tablet, again don't know why but it was cheap so I said fuck it.

Bought some nice cuff links for work.

Picked some new glasses for work and play.

Picked up a beautiful faceplate for my new 3ds.

Got both my Witcher 3 Gwent Sets.

Picked up the Arceus plush from GameStop.

I picked up Overwatch, Uncharted 4, Deus Ex, and No Man's Sky collector's editions.

Picked up a 22,000mAh battery pack.

Picked up a ton of prints with more coming!

Picked up some new buttons for my backpack.

Got some Vinyls.

Got an Uncharted ps4 controller last week.

And an Acer Iconia Windows 8.1 Tablet for free from Acers ebay pricing error.

Thoraxes

Buncha money spent right about this first week of September already.

Macross Delta Bluray Volumes 1 and 2. The volume 1 BD came in that nice artbox that will hold the first three volumes. Next one is out the last week of September.

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt Bluray. It's an import, and the storyboard books are amazing.

World of Warcraft: Legion CE. As per my tradition since Cata, i've been all in for these CEs.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Awesome post as always MarkMan! I'd love to see a photo one of these days of how you store/display all your stuff! I can only imagine what your whole collection looks like.

Hopefully I see you in Japan at TGS! We'll (FloKO) be there with a certain player that's playing in the Japan Cup! :)

Are you going to ECT btw?

I hope I can post something one day. It'll take forever for me to get things together since I'm never home.

I'll be at TGS for sure! No ECT unfortunately, I'll be at PAX this weekend.

Caayn

Finally bought a new GPU.

wp_20160822_15_00_21_ifspf.jpg

Received my free Kinect adapter as well, just to the right you can see a bit of the 5m displayport 1.2 cable I bought.

wp_20160823_17_29_39_cpsmc.jpg

And some gifts from my girlfriend.

wp_20160823_17_30_57_qsswf.jpg

A bit of a retro rampage this month
Went to buy another PS3, since my fat is kicking the bucket and I like to have a spare and ended up also getting a pair of PS2. Also got a component cable, it’s like getting new glasses, the screen is no longer blurred!
Also got a couple of games:
And then I said, while I’m here, let’s see if I can find some games I missed on PS3…
Also didn’t want the portables to get jealous and not get anything for them…
The PS4 haul for the month:
Then I got this gem, but since I don’t have a Gamecube, ended up also getting a controller, memory card and a component cable for my Wii.
A couple of DS games
Some favorites for the original Xbox
And a new One, finally got rid of the VCR and power brick.
Something pervy for the PC

And finally, this year’s biggest disappointment and the second game I ever sold. Spent 20 hours with it, 8 of them were standing on a single planet to get the Platinum, saw the ending (ah! ending…) on YouTube, made a mental note to never buy a game from Hello Games again, sold it to CEX while it was still hot. Not only did I break even selling it but also got 90 cents extra!

Had expected to receive a fairly big shipment of retro games in August, but it got delayed.

So it's been mostly Vita.

Vita games: Aegis of Earth - Protonovus Assault, Xeodrifter, Samurai Warriors 4-II, Final Fantasy X HD Remaster, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Venus, Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster, Earth Defense Force 2 - Invaders From Planet Space, Söldner-X 2 - Final Prototype, Assassin's Creed Chronicles, MotoGP 14, and Rayman Legends

3DS game: The Legend of Zelda - Triforce Heroes

Wii U game: Super Mario Maker

Nisa65

My Super Famicom New 3DS LL finally got delivered after pre-ordering it months ago. I think it's my favourite of all the ltd editions released thus far. Pics don't do it justice.

Picked up a few other game related bits and bobs during the summer break as well including a Splatoon water pistol and KoF XIV.

Also grabbed a bunch of movies.CDs and comics during a brief return to the UK before returning to Japan in time for work (and next week's Napalm Death show in Hiroshima).

Think that lot should keep me occupied through out the next month or two.

If it doesn't have to be gaming related....well sort of? I can play real life Call of Duty now!

Thats awesome! Be careful, I got shit all over a few months back for posting the one I got. What model? I picked up a Bushmaster myself.

On to my pickups.

New Miku!!!!

Shmup Fun

Some board games fun

Backed this on Kickstarter and it came with there other game Time Jockey if you pledged like 5 more bucks.

Speaking of Kickstarter Secret Hitler came it. The pics do not do it justice. This is one well put together game.

Also a sandwich holder, because why not.

Also NOT pictured is the two Cards Against Humanity Trump, and Clinton packs. I wish I never bought them. After they sent them out about a week later they said all the profits are going to be donated to Clinton campaign. If I knew this I never would have given them my $.

@Markman. Have fun a PAX. I have to watch from the street as I was unable to get a pass. Oh well. To the scalpers!!!

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
REHD zero and one on steam
Megaman collection on steam
The Incal
Professor Povey's Perplexing Problems
Grey shirt

not pictured: a jar of giant queen spanish pit-in olives to eat while I read the book. Or get attacked by zombie dogs jumping through a window.

Some late August pickups coupled with some arrivals today.

New LEGO store opened up in San Francisco on August 26th and I ended up buying enough just to get both the backpack and the mini double-decker bus.
D1BFB6E7-5841-4D88-8D23-6C7CA466E60C_zps55o2mxav.jpg

I also ended up picking up an additional keychain.
661C9958-ECA6-4072-9119-EF69A2D7E2D0_zpsbvjebuie.jpg

Today, got some new extra shoelaces for both my Adidas NMDs and UltraBoosts.
BEFBD42E-6A3A-4560-986E-8451D8AFF0B7_zpsqxflafao.jpg

Aside from shoelaces, I finally picked up the last Bleach OST album I needed off Amazon Japan.
9EC0F5C8-3484-4003-97D1-69AA0871E124_zpsbyq1au9r.jpg

Finally, picked up a new game for my phone.
F01FE7C2-694D-4BD2-955D-7E156F16386D_zpsjj9u2vt4.png

illusionary

Just a couple of things for today, but both of them great! First, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, SteelBook Edition:
dneenkL.jpg

And then, the GotY Edition guide for The Witcher III:

TkRgNV4.jpg

I hope I can post something one day. It'll take forever for me to get things together since I'm never home.

I'll be at TGS for sure! No ECT unfortunately, I'll be at PAX this weekend.

Your gonna be at TGS!? I will be in Tokyo for Ultra and will run by TGS for the SFV event and other things, would be awesome to meet one of my FGC heroes.

Ecto311

9kUoNqkl.jpg

jyhVg4ul.jpg

Trying some inland filament. Read it was good and a decent price. Got colors my kid wanted me to print in.

xJ3hkBdl.jpg

Maker select v2.1 - had for a little bit. Printed the frame braces, printing the 120mm fan adaptor for the back, and printed tons of various toys. Even works well with glow in the dark filament right out of the box. Had the raspberry pi and lack ikea table. Got another table to mount on top of this one for an enclosure.

Yy5dBYNl.jpg

G502 Proteus core. Best buy had a sale and my G602 was shitting the bed. This thing is fantastic since I am learning 3d modeling for making things on the printer. The buttons all work (compared to the 602) and the side buttons let me map whatever to them.

Justinh

Some late August stuff, and some stuff I just got yesterday...

I said back in this post that I might be getting carried away with these Dragon Ball manga books. Guess the good thing is that I don't have that much more to get.
Really cool for me, since I've never seen the show either.

3 more of the Dragon Ball books will come on Sunday (tomorrow), then I'll go back to getting the rest of the "Dragonball Z" series (I have 6 left of them, too.)

I started getting the full color versions too. It's really cool seeing these in color. I remember back in the 90s when I used to live in Okinawa looking at one of my friend's books, but I never actually read them since they were released stateside.
The third Freeza book is supposed to arrive on Tuesday, when it's available, I have the next two preordered but they won't be released until November and January.
unfortunately, most of them were just shipped in padded envelopes so the corners got a little busted. Strange that the 2nd Saiyan Arc book has "an issue" where the first title page has a little bit extra paper that was folded over to "fit" with the rest of the pages. At first I thought they really screwed up somewhere and it got jammed, but after unfolding it I noticed that it was just "extra paper." Like the sheet was cut wrong or something. Oh well, maybe it'll be worth some zenni someday.

I also have the Gears Xbox One controller (not elite) on preorder which should be arriving later in the month, as well as the 30th anniversary Transformers The Movie Blu Ray which'll show up a week earlier. Hopefully my Logitech G Pro gaming mouse preorder will ship soon, too. I got a few digital games, too. I honestly can't remember what they are, except for a digital Xbox One copy of Transformers Devastation (I already had a physical copy) and Forza Motorsport 6 ultimate digital (already had a steelbook physical).

Edit: Oh yeah, I just got Call of Duty on the Xbox Marketplace because it was on sale and it's backwards compatible. Probably my favorite Call of Duty game behind the first one (for PC, the console port felt... off to me)

Ingram

Started getting more serious about comics. Lot's of great stories to be read. I have Star Wars Vader on the way next :)

VPGyUtk.jpg

GcsA0PJ.jpg

3fwbC77.jpg

Big Wazu

Finally get to play this game I've heard nothing but good things about. My first LRG pickup.

dRNgEFu.jpg

Werewolf By Night Omnibus has been something I've been wanting for a while now because I love horror and this just looks great. It collects its entire run, I think 55 issues total.

fCGT4v6.jpg

Had to pick up Fury: My War Gone By simply because I love everything I've read from Garth Ennis. His run on the Punisher was fantastic.

lHbzam6.jpg

zmet

Xbox One S 500GB

Picked this up last Sunday when Amazon had it on sale for $269.

Disco Godfather and Evils of the Night

More shlocky movies from the 70's and 80's. Love this stuff!

Resident Evil 4 and Macross Delta Vol. 2

Rom Cassette Disc in Taito Vol.1

Got 2 new games. Starfox Guard was $5 and Carmageddon was $22. I loved the original on PC way back in the day. Both from Gamestop.

Also Got this expensive item. Will be asking her Tuesday when she get home fromn a week long trip in CT. Will do it in the airport when I see her.

my big pickup for September..

LG OLED 65B6P

Also pictured - EVA medical table, Logitech K830 wireless keyboard and Herman Miller Mirra 2 chair that I bought last year and but never included in a pickup thread.

mark man, seriously, how many sneakers do you have? hundred? do you have space at home? damn it, you are way worse than my wife. cheers

lem0n

Biggest pick up in... years? Ever? My own apartment! This is my first time with my own place. I've been out of my mom's house since I was 18 but was always with room-mates or with my ex. I finally got it decorated and will keep improving it as time goes on!! I'm so hyped!!

Console gaming/youtube/Netflix area
14141876_101539835725ouub1.jpg

My desk with my gaming PC hooked up
14183768_101539835725c1uth.jpg

Recliners and my bookshelf crammed full of games! Maybe 5% of that is movies, the rest are indeed games lol.
14212150_101539835725qhu1l.jpg

Top Bottom