• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Often imitated... Never duplicated....

The third monthly thread where I've been late posting it. I'm sorry...

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

350tfuq.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

---

Sorry I'm late with this thread guys! AGAIN.

Here's what I got in JUNE!

264237_10150212404058883_507353882_7333343_7329546_n.jpg

262660_10150213986428883_507353882_7348128_6527761_n.jpg

268243_10150214209933883_507353882_7350040_5735257_n.jpg

HUGE START TO THE MONTH:

Dell XPS 9100
  • 2.8ghz i7
  • AMD 6870 1Gb video card
  • 12GB ram
  • 2TB hard drive
  • 1 million usb ports

Two Asus 23" LED monitors

Cyber Power 2.1 Speaker System

Just in time for the Steam Summer sale. Sold my 27" iMac after having it just stuck when it came to doing anything intensive (video editing). You could literally cook your favorite marinated meat on the top of it.

Overall, I am super happy with it. This thing SCREAMSSSS!!!

100_0419.jpg

CoachKevin said:
HUGE START TO THE MONTH:

Dell XPS 9100
  • 2.8ghz i7
  • AMD 6870 1Gb video card
  • 12GB ram
  • 2TB hard drive
  • 1 million usb ports

Two Asus 23" LED monitors

Cyber Power 2.1 Speaker System

Just in time for the Steam Summer sale. Sold my 27" iMac after having it just stuck when it came to doing anything intensive (video editing). You could literally cook your favorite marinated meat on the top of it.

Overall, I am super happy with it. This thing SCREAMSSSS!!!

100_0419.jpg
Hmmmmm so what are you going to use your million USB ports for?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just bought a new backpacking sleeping bag and am stoked to use it. This thing packs up so small and is so light.

Stubo

The RTTP: Dreamcast and 'Reasons to own a Dreamcast' thread prompted a couple of very late purchases and a replacement for my long broken VGA box:
aYR56.jpg

I've been playing Lodoss for the last couple of days and I'm suitably addicted for my money, I can see why so many people recommended it!

Picked up the last HD cable I needed to have all of my consoles using their best outputs, I'll use optical for the sound. I happened upon all 4 of the games in the same shop and had to snap them up due to their excellent condition. PGR mainly for the disk as my original copy freezes, unfortunately. I've always wanted to finish my Oddworld collection, and Otogi 1+2 purely on GAF's recommendation.
JVLtF.jpg

Yes Boss!

Back from my big europe drive. Drove 3700 kilometers over two weeks...many countries. Fun!

Local store finally got Eden in. Just gotta rearrange my place so it is actually playable:

2b3bc8d2.jpg

And the weekly GB release:

7393905c.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Litflynt912 said:
nice pickup/ nice true blues MarkMan....props to a fellow jordan-head

:)

toasty_T said:
No kangaroo steaks, Markman?

Nope, I wanted to! Just not enough time while in Melbourne. I was just there for the event and it ended late each night :(

Elginer

q9Bio.jpg

Loving Shadows of the Damned and Vanquish is godly. Got it for $14 on Amazon.
Also excited bout my first pick up post ever on GAF :)

Gandie

Got my first mechanical keyboard today. Will post some impressions after I've played around with it for a bit.

DSC09130.JPG

DSC09129.JPG

DSC09128.JPG

Chacranajxy said:
SICK. Where did you find that? I don't even smoke, but I wanted to get one.

I saw that kind of stuff in my last trip to japan, in the arcade buildings in Akihabara! they let you smoke while you play haha

But I was to shy to steal one.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
EagleTwin said:
I saw that kind of stuff in my last trip to japan, in the arcade buildings in Akihabara! they let you smoke while you play haha

But I was to shy to steal one.

lol, yeah, that's exactly why I want one. I'll put it where my arcade setup is, next to my alcoholic beverage of choice.

Bought it from the Fleabay so someone must have accidentally taken it away from a Japanese Arcade because you can't just buy these .

Taito-thief.jpg

Found a nice spot for it though :

DSCF4449.jpg

Georgiee

Neo Member
A few of my pick up's of last month/today:

New monitor, Samsung B2430
IMG_0570.JPG

Crysis 2 (Found it for £15 in game)
IMG_0573.JPG

New PC build - i7 2600k (Overclocked to 4.4ghz), 8gb gskill DDR3, OCZ 60gb SSD, 2x 1TB hard drives, Fatal1ty P67 motherboard, Corsair H70 CPU cooler, TX650 power supply, graphics card in pic is a GTX460 which I've replaced with a GTX 570 today.
IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

Time to get gaming ;)

Oh and some beer/chocolate from a girl at work for fixing her laptop:
IMG_0564.JPG

Gandie

AlberichMX said:
First post here in the pick-up post!!!!. Late june pick-ups... some movies, earbuds and Halo Wars CE

halowarsce.jpg

Nice, I didn't even know this existed, looks beautiful. What's inside?

F!ReW!Re

Sagitario said:
Awesome! Where did you get it and how much?

This is the artist's site;
http://www.tstout.com/

He releases all kinds of posters in a limited edition (He has some freaking awesome Star Wars posters, check his site)

Thing is though; I got lucky with that Kill Bill poster as it was part of a lottery (you had to get picked to be able to buy it).
Only way to get it now is through E-bay and I saw prices going from 250 - 550 dollars already...

Sagitario

F!ReW!Re said:
This is the artist's site;
http://www.tstout.com/

He releases all kinds of posters in a limited edition (He has some freaking awesome Star Wars posters, check his site)

Thing is though; I got lucky with that Kill Bill poster as it was part of a lottery (you had to get picked to be able to buy it).
Only way to get it now is through E-bay and I saw prices going from 250 - 550 dollars already...

WOW
Well, no poster for me :(

LeadGandalf said:
Got my first mechanical keyboard today. Will post some impressions after I've played around with it for a bit.

I got these along with my other rig setup. Used it for the time last night, it's godlike!

The noise from the keys may bother some, but it sounds fine for the wife and I.

Wazzim

Banned
archnemesis said:
I can tell that it is awesome, but would you mind explaining what it is?
I think they are decals for on a car.

FlyinJ said:
Isn't it a model car kit?
Could be but why would it be a Yakuza model car kit? The Yakuza series hasn't got anything to do with cars.

LeadGandalf said:
Nice, I didn't even know this existed, looks beautiful. What's inside?

Image uploaded :p

DSCF0534-1.jpg

- Game in metal case
- Comic book
- Comic book translation to spanish
- Plastic emblem of the UNSC Spirit of Fire
- Card with notable characters of the game
- Game manual
- Exclusive DLC

Top Bottom