• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

larvi

LeadGandalf said:
Got my first mechanical keyboard today. Will post some impressions after I've played around with it for a bit.

I didn't realize these were a hot thing nowadays, I probably and an old IBM mechanical laying around somewhere if I look hard enough, used to love the feel of them.

Gandie

AlberichMX said:
Image uploaded :p
- Game in metal case
- Comic book
- Comic book translation to spanish
- Plastic emblem of the UNSC Spirit of Fire
- Card with notable characters of the game
- Game manual
- Exclusive DLC

Massive WANT. Would love to see/read the comic plus the box is so pretty :/

larvi said:
I didn't realize these were a hot thing nowadays, I probably and an old IBM mechanical laying around somewhere if I look hard enough, used to love the feel of them.

Typing just feels so good. I have to type a lot for school and work and my hands used to hurt after a few hours on the cheap keyboard I used to have. This one feels so much better, I make a lot less mistakes and my typing speed has improved already after like 4 hours with it.

Plus the sound it makes is pure sex.

Forsete

Gold Member
Logitech Performance Mouse MX for my laptop. For some reason I have always thought it was a small laptop mouse, but it is regular size. Its still very nice though, up there with the classic MX518.

5892210154_22976dc6f8_o_d.jpg

Tiny reciver, too bad the mouse isn't BT. As it is so small it doesn't really bother me.
5892210472_4511be5215_o_d.jpg

And I got this. Please dont think I am a hipster. :p I am drawn to the mechanical workings of these machines.
I actually enjoy servicing these when I get them. However, this one worked almost flawlessly when I got it.
IBM Correcting Selectric. It has a electric motor which drives the typewriter but it is actually fully mechanical (the motor only delivers the power for the mechanics to work).
It weights a hefty 19KG, the shipping costs were more than what I paid for the machine.
5891643549_6328c7da77_b_d.jpg

It uses type balls which can be replaced (different fonts and sizes, they have 96 characters). The mechanics to make the type balls to rotate and pitch are very advanced.
5891642759_92445a9c1b_o_d.jpg

Slowmotion of the movement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1nqvScy-RA&feature=player_detailpage#t=13s

tha_devil

Forsete said:
Logitech Performance Mouse MX for my laptop. For some reason I have always thought it was a small laptop mouse, but it is regular size. Its still very nice though, up there with the classic MX518.

5892210154_22976dc6f8_o_d.jpg

Tiny reciver, too bad the mouse isn't BT. As it is so small it doesn't really bother me.
5892210472_4511be5215_o_d.jpg

And I got this. Please dont think I am a hipster. :p I am drawn to the mechanical workings of these machines.
I actually enjoy servicing these when I get them. However, this one worked almost flawlessly when I got it.
IBM Correcting Selectric. It has a electric motor which drives the typewriter but it is actually fully mechanical (the motor only delivers the power for the mechanics to work).
It weights a hefty 19KG, the shipping costs were more than what I paid for the machine.
5891643549_6328c7da77_b_d.jpg

It uses type balls which can be replaced (different fonts and sizes, they have 96 characters). The mechanics to make the type balls to rotate and pitch are very advanced.
5891642759_92445a9c1b_o_d.jpg

Slowmotion of the movement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1nqvScy-RA&feature=player_detailpage#t=13s
Using the same mouse for my laptop for a while now, its really awsome (still have my mx518 for gaming though).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
j14sjm.jpg

prepared for any sort of summer drought. done spending money on games until november
swr37r.jpg

my first real phone. super excited!

LeadGandalf said:
Massive WANT. Would love to see/read the comic plus the box is so pretty :/

Typing just feels so good. I have to type a lot for school and work and my hands used to hurt after a few hours on the cheap keyboard I used to have. This one feels so much better, I make a lot less mistakes and my typing speed has improved already after like 4 hours with it.

Plus the sound it makes is pure sex.

Yep you can search for one CE in bestbuy or online, i bought this one in the mexican side of the border... in some "Sanborns" you can see a CE copy or two of the game. And about your keyboard it sounds great probably i'll buy something like that =D

Kyon

Banned
25f6is7.jpg

Just got the standard edition of Fiction and Fact. (last one on the right) i took a pic of it with my other B2ST albums. The limited edition shall be mine soon :)

KPop <3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Forsete said:
What camera are you using?

SUPREME1

Banned
Got these not too long ago, been meaning to post them:

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

Also got a set of the matching 6.5s for the front.

4 brand new speakers, just sitting.... waiting to be installed. : (

<3 Pioneer electronics

Found this funky arcade stick for an SNES at a thrift store today. Anybody know anything about this stick? It looks like it's made of arcade parts.
IMG_4042.jpg

retracell

Neo Member
CoachKevin said:
HUGE START TO THE MONTH:

Dell XPS 9100
  • 2.8ghz i7
  • AMD 6870 1Gb video card
  • 12GB ram
  • 2TB hard drive
  • 1 million usb ports

Two Asus 23" LED monitors

Cyber Power 2.1 Speaker System

Just in time for the Steam Summer sale. Sold my 27" iMac after having it just stuck when it came to doing anything intensive (video editing). You could literally cook your favorite marinated meat on the top of it.

Overall, I am super happy with it. This thing SCREAMSSSS!!!

100_0419.jpg

That desk looks amazing. I'm in the market for a new L desk for my set up as well and I can't find a proper one. Where did you pick yours up?

So far picked up this thingamajig, still waiting for Ocarina as it was sold out everywhere. :(
Also a G9x and G110.

5dOMP.jpg

i77QZ.jpg

Hieberrr

I bought 2 brand new snapback hats and Uncharted 2 from Ebay recently, and finally received them earlier today (had them shipped to GF's house since I was on vacation for a few weeks) :D !

CYAnr.jpg

Just woke up to essentially everything on this shelf from my girlfriend. Some pretty rare stuff in regards to the halo and doctor who figures, and just stuff i want overall.
t2InD.jpg

P.S its my birthday, I dont normally wake up to this much awesome.

Sorry for the quality, crappy iphone 4 takes pics like crap.

It's amazing the wacky shit some people donate to thrift stores. It's a full in box VHS tape imbedded in acrylic. I love the cheesiness of the quotes.

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4041.jpg

Desmond

Hawthorns said:
Here's what came in the mail for me this week. I went on a little anime binge...

IMG_1247.jpg
Very Nice, did you managed to nab Summer Wars/TGWLTT when it was £7?

I managed to pick up this today. I was gonna buy online but saw it in HMV so I grabbed it.
Photo0394.jpg

Hawthorns

^ I did yeah, pretty much all the DVDs were from the Hut Group sale so they were stupidly cheap! :) Also picked up the Akira steelbook but am yet to watch it. (Never seen it before either xD)

Michan

Hypertrooper said:
It is awesome to see a family product at a pic in the web.
My parents produce dried Pig ears
That's... interesting! We're all out of them now, so could you get us a nice deal? :p

Urban Scholar said:
How is it thus far?

Just got to the third "town" island. It's pretty good. The combat is pretty basic, its pretty much mashing A and tapping B now and then, but the robot customisation is cool and theres tons of missions and side quests opening up. The graphics are really charming, if pixelated.

I really like it.

moop2000 said:
Found this funky arcade stick for an SNES at a thrift store today. Anybody know anything about this stick? It looks like it's made of arcade parts.
IMG_4042.jpg
That looks neat. I wonder if they're Happ parts.

Spookie

After building my new rig I though if I'm upgrading my PC I might as upgrade do the speakers and mouse too. Went for the Corsair SP2500 speakers and Steelseries Xai mouse.

subwoofer.jpg

July11.jpg

I finally got a copy of DOA3.2 to complete my collection of the variations of DOA3.

5893949875_ba6b1cdf74_z.jpg

From top to bottom we have: 3.1 (JP), 3.2 (EU), 3.0 PH (US) and 3.0 (US).
5893950261_6e22d3e5e2_z.jpg

grap3fruitman said:
I finally got a copy of DOA3.2 to complete my collection of the variations of DOA3.

5893949875_ba6b1cdf74_z.jpg

From top to bottom we have: 3.1 (JP), 3.2 (EU), 3.0 PH (US) and 3.0 (US).
5893950261_6e22d3e5e2_z.jpg
whoa, that's hardcore

.hacked said:
must really like polygon boobies...
Right, no other video game or fighter has scantly-clad women.

Actually, amongst the hardcore players, 3.1 and 3.2 were the best versions of DOA. The series has been steadily declining since. Don't get me wrong, DOA2U was good, great even, but it was just DOA2 with a new coat of paint and didn't add anything to the gameplay excepts some minor stuff like slopes, ceilings and water-throws. 3.1 and 3.2 are godlike and I need to find someone to play with locally. Sooo good.

_dementia said:
whoa, that's hardcore
Yeah, I've been working on my DOA collection lately: 1 and 2

Top Bottom