• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Goodbye 2012!)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

Last month of the year. Let's get it.

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

6609858139_e6010a2877_b.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

---

Posting my stuff later. I'm sorry this is so late guys. Life is hectic. :(

John Blade

Got this massive bundle from my local Goodwill store for $68 dollars. Look like someone was selling they entire Anime collection. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get them all (didn't have enough cash to buy all of them) but I get the one I have fond memories with.
DSCN0028.jpg

Love Hina Anime Series
Love Hina Special and OVA Again
Macross (Original ADV version not the Robotech format) (2-7 DVD is still seal)
GunBuster 2
IRIA
Southern Cross
Genesis Climber Mospeada
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water
Star Wars Rouge Leader

P4 Arena and Batman Arkham City. Could not bring myself to buy the GOTY edition of Batman with that god awful box art. So I went with the vanilla release.
sEjsj.jpg

And I also picked up the LOTR Extended on blu-ray at Best Buy for $49.99. That was a great deal.

uvDha.jpg

r0IA8.jpg

I picked up the PS3 games during the black Friday sales. Bloodsport was a "so cheap, why the heck not" purchase. Nikita I wanted to pick up sooner but I kept putting it off. Good thing I did because I ended up scooping it up for $30

DSC_0318.jpg

And monthly JDM magazines (Option and Drift Tengoku), and the new S2K Hyper Rev

DSC_0330.jpg

Cheddahz

Banned
And I also picked up the LOTR Extended on blu-ray at Best Buy for $49.99. That was a great deal.

uvDha.jpg

r0IA8.jpg

This is still the best packaging for any type of movie, ever. I'm proud to own a copy of this as well

Anyways, I picked up these games a few days ago (traded in Forza Horizon, so I got RE6 for basically "free") and I got Binary Domain off of the Microsoft Store for ten dolla

media

Yes Boss!

Got my new Vewlix. Definitely one of the prettiest and most unique sticks ever made. Easily the stick release of the year. Happy I finally got one:

1D284EF7-57FD-4288-9EFD-EA4CE24F20D3-1245-0000011C6611C20A.jpg

Inside is the most gorgeous internals on a stick I've ever seen. All nice white metal which feels very cab like. Stunning:

0D245154-3330-42E5-A00D-C0790C0320B8-1245-0000011C69C0E5DD.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
You know what's wild? The background in Final Fight 2's box art straight-up rips off and retraces elements of Streets of Rage 1 and 2's artwork.

also looks like theres another haggar in the backround drop kicking someone as well dont think the world is ready for double haggar

Yes Boss!

I predict not many posts until around the 25th...just my intuition ;)

Usually December is also "favorite pick-up" of the year from the previous 11 months. I always like seeing those.

Might as well ripoff the best, amiright?

But, Streets of Rage was Sega's rip-off of Final Fight. I know the series went on to be better than Final Fight, but it was definitely a copycat initially.

joe1138

Macross (Original ADV version not the Robotech format) (2-7 DVD is still seal)

I really hope you appreciate what a lucky find this is. I spent close to $200 on an eBay auction for volume 7 alone just this past summer to complete my collection.

Grief.exe

Subscribed.

Man I love checking out these threads and seeing how people be living. Always awesome to see these great pickups.

Though as an audiophile I always get a little annoyed when I see people pick up headsets or overpriced headphones, Beats or Bose being the most obvious example. I keep my mouth shut though, going by the rules of the thread.

John Blade

I really hope you appreciate what a lucky find this is. I spent close to $200 on an eBay auction for volume 7 alone just this past summer to complete my collection.

How much it cost for the entire box-set for the ADV Macross release? I like Robotech when I was young but never have a chance to see the original format. With this DVD, I might have a chance to watch it and as with the other one.

joe1138

How much it cost for the entire box-set for the ADV Macross release?

It all depends where you buy it from. Macross is long out of print and individual volumes are harder and harder to find on sites like Amazon and Right Stuf. Volume 7 is next to impossible to find due to a very low print run. I've probably spent close to $300 on piecing together a complete collection over the years.

A&E re-released the complete Robotech last year. That's pretty easy to come by and has the original Macross series as most Americans will remember it.

John Blade

It all depends where you buy it from. Macross is long out of print and individual volumes are harder and harder to find on sites like Amazon and Right Stuf. Volume 7 is next to impossible to find due to a very low print run. I've probably spent close to $300 on piecing together a complete collection over the years.

A&E re-released the complete Robotech last year. That's pretty easy to come by and has the original Macross series as most Americans will remember it.

The A&E Robotech Complete release, is it worth the 90 dollars they're selling in the store?

Andrew J.

It's customary to post stuff from the whole year in the December thread, yes?

(We'll have to post that much if we want to get the average aobe 1 page per day this month.)

I prefer the packaging of the EE DVDs honestly. Though, the Blu-ray box set is not that bad.
I think I fall into this camp as well. But my DVD's aren't going anywhere. I held onto my EE's including the cool box that holds all 3, and I held on to the old original theatrical version DVD's. Just in case I want to remember what it was like when I saw these in the theater for the first time.

Rubius

So I went to work an another month, here what waited for me at home.

7MH0q.jpg

3A9S3.jpg

Ordered 2 Wipeout and Ragnarok Oddysey by mistake, will return them.
Wanted a new 360 for a while, and it was the samne price as a 250gb but with a 320gb and 2 games

pcWQu.jpg

My Path of Exile 100$ pledge physical rewards came home
91JHm.jpg

Updating
lsdTR.jpg

alenade

0ZCX2.jpg

Got it with that awesome Black Friday sale. With Playstation + and the savings offsetting the price of a 16 gb memory card, I'm having an excellent time, and procrastinating my final papers dangerously.

Top Bottom