• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
11675437044_931a8a9806_o.png

JUNE is here! We're almost halfway through the year! E3 is this month!? It will probably give us an idea of what we'll be investing on in the future! Are you ready?

Welcome to the monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

Here are my favorite pick-ups from May! It was a slow month for me...

11184473_107436302921169_104360855_n.jpg

I loved reading the original monthly installments in Nintendo Power, just had to get my hands on this and re-live it again!

11246129_631794866921180_685598627_n.jpg

Modded my Mad Catz Arcade FightStick TE2 for PS4/PS3 with an LED board, TEKKEN sticker, snazzy buttons (including the rare MCZ Sanwa Button).

1597531_1471553089802324_916027565_n.jpg

Got some art books for an amazing lady! These are both by Shunya Yamashita.

11326227_1098321183515213_337885183_n.jpg

25 years ago, NIKE released the Air Max 90. I just had to get a few pairs for my stash.

11357672_1435456313430209_259107377_n.jpg

By the power of Grayskull!! I could not resist this art book!

What was your favorite stuff you got last month? Post it up and start posting your NEW pick-ups from this month as well!

Evo X

Bought a 2015 Porsche GTS earlier today.

Figured since you can't drive one in Forza due to EA owning the license, I'll get one for real. lol

cS731aN.jpg

kairu

Finished converting my headphones to a headset for PS4.

Was running into issues with audio cutting out when I had em plugged directly into the controller. Had to convert from 3.5mm to USB. Works great now!

2nd half of May turned out to be a bit more 'busy' than I had anticipated. June should be a 'slower' month.

Some PS2 games: Jade Cocoon 2, Ape Escape 3, Gungrave and Taito Legends 2

Mega Drive games: Thunder Force II, Gynoug, Rolling Thunder 2 and Atomic Runner

3DS: found The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for a decent price, and received the Club Nintendo Majora's Mask lamp

Vita games: Retro City Rampage DX, and Looney Tunes Galactic Sports (<- don't get it unless you are a Vita collector)

And finally some Wii U stuff: Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, and the Splatoon Special Edition

2nd half of May turned out to be a bit more 'busy' than I had anticipated. June should be a 'slower' month.

Some PS2 games: Jade Cocoon 2, Ape Escape 3, Gungrave and Taito Legends 2

Mega Drive games: Thunder Force II, Gynoug, Rolling Thunder 2 and Atomic Runner

3DS: found The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for a decent price, and received the Club Nintendo Majora's Mask lamp

Vita games: Retro City Rampage DX, and Looney Tunes Galactic Sports (<- don't get it unless you are a Vita collector)

And finally some Wii U stuff: Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, and the Splatoon Special Edition

Lots of good games, I like the way you take your pictures!

MetalDeer

Finished converting my headphones to a headset for PS4.

Was running into issues with audio cutting out when I had em plugged directly into the controller. Had to convert from 3.5mm to USB. Works great now!

I got the same headphones a few weeks back, they're amazing. Really comfortable, sounds great, and pretty cheap for what you get. Also my first pair of open headphones, don't think I'll be going back to closed ever again unless I absolutely need something without leakage.

Thanks! I don't really have a good camera, so I've been trying to be creative about it and figure out a way to work around that, and still make somewhat interesting looking pictures.

Yeah, it's definitely easier with a good camera to get a cool effect of depth with the shelves behind. But you've got them blurred in cool way behind, so it looks good. For a quick brightness, colour and contrast fix you should check out Picasa. It's real easy to learn!

Not a lot, really.

fHq28lNl.jpg

Maybe I should have bought a second hand PS3 instead, which died at the beggining of may after 7.5 years of service.

Coflash

World of the Witcher CE thing

tw3_may28_15_03.jpg

tw3_may28_15_04.jpg

twcollect.jpg

I have bought sooo much Witcher stuff in the past month, this is almost it. I bought some Gwent cards last night and they should be here next week, then that'll do for a while.

GeNoMe

Figured since you can't drive one in Forza due to EA owning the license, I'll get one for real. lol

Dude, seriously. Did you really think you could get away with posting one exterior picture?
Make some more please, interior as well. What a great looking car! :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Not a lot, really.

fHq28lNl.jpg

Maybe I should have bought a second hand PS3 instead, which died at the beggining of may after 7.5 years of service.

you bought a console that brings years of enjoyment with a goty contender game, and it's not a lot?

damn, first world problems.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Physical pick-ups from the past few months. Forgot to include the PDP MKX controller.

18308786702_6a8d6fd1e5_b.jpg

you bought a console that brings years of enjoyment with a goty contender game, and it's not a lot?

damn, first world problems.

I used to be a collector.When you used to post 5-10 items per month, it feels like a pitiful update. And I am not sure about the "years of enjoyment" part. I already nearly quit Bloodborne, and unless Destiny manages to hook me, I will end unplugging it until Persona 5 comes out.

myco666

Finally got W101. Bought also Puzzle & Dragons for gf.

HVia7IH.jpg

Got also few albums. Really happy of finding Madball - Ball of Destruction vinyl in decent condition cheap.

OLMSkbx.jpg

Picked up 2 New DSi consoles from Gamestop. They are on clearance for $47. Hell of a deal.

hoZ3RoY.jpg

Holy shit is this console nice. The dark matte red is great.

LOVE the matte finish, slimmer design, screen seems clearer and brighter than my DS lite, and the speakers are fantastic! Great click d-pad too! Immediately turned off wi-fi, should give the system a nice battery life boost.

Think I am going to snap another one of these just in case.

U7Udaqu.jpg

AdanVC

cS731aN.jpg

I like how you wrote it all casual like "So yeah, I was bored so I just bought this car today, nothing fancy"

God damn what an amazing pick-up, congratulations!

Chairhome

Some Amiibos, Splatoon, and some Star Wars Weekends (Disney World) stuff.
I00cR21l.jpg

From last week, Still waiting on my Greninja import... should be here in a week or two.

mvOP7Tpl.jpg

Splatoon, and a Boba Fett Stein and Star Wars Weekends exclusive Magic Band. The Magic Band has Donald saying "May the Force be with you" when you use it at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

MGaR1CUl.jpg

Open shot of the mug, and the other side of the band.

0kQil64l.jpg

My kids are getting into Star Wars now. Watched the Original Trilogy and liked it enough, but SWW made them really like it now. These are some Droids they made at Disney. The one in the back was one that my wife made.

EoGMSCLl.jpg

And they built their own Lightsabers, too! I was impressed, cause at $23, they were able to build a custom (plastic) hilt, and the sabers light up, make sounds and flash when they hit. I'm thinking of making one for myself to fight them :-D

Jazz573

Wow really? When you replied I thought you were referring to your location. XD
nvm deleted, no idea taken sharing a Hatred purchase was banneable.

I don't know if sharing your purchase would be bannable. But discussion of the game is banned. I just would hate to see a fellow GAF member get banned for a silly reason.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
June pick up post

Well, a bit of everything here. Finally bought Leaf Gold arcade buttons to mod my iCade.
Got Club Nintendo's rewards Pikmin 3 keychain and SM3DW soundtrack.
Bunch of NDS games I needed to get (MMZ Collection just got a reprint) and GBA NiB for Kururin. Splat LE + tee (wanted it in white but black's good too), Catherine 360 NiB for €3 (!) and Ketsui jpn import. Also got a new pair of Prada sunglasses for the summer, love the lenses.
I'll leave the other amiibos and few other things (comics) for another day, can't be bothered to take 'em out now.
Finally, I've gifted the Lucas signed with personal dedication SW dvds to a very special gaffer friend of mine for his birthday, I had to gave up mine getting signed to get him is (limited signatures were possible) but I'm happy with mine with Pablo Helman+John Knoll+mighty Dennis Muren's dedicas, btw the Ep1 teaser poster with every possible signature on it is my brother's, not mine ;)

Hope you guys will find something interesting to comment on, would be the first time lol
Also holy shit dude DAT Porche GT!!! Sheeeeeeit, congrats!!

Dash Kappei's June pick ups said:

Sorry for the shitty pics btw.
Also if I've posted too many pics just tell me and I'll delete them no problem :)

Borman

Star Wars Weekends exclusive Magic Band. The Magic Band has Donald saying "May the Force be with you" when you use it at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

MGaR1CUl.jpg

Open shot of the mug, and the other side of the band.

I picked up one of the green lightsaber bands, one of 330 :) Hoping they have the new lightsaber parts when I go in July, but they may have been for SWW only :( (First time missing it since 2013)

kairu

I got the same headphones a few weeks back, they're amazing. Really comfortable, sounds great, and pretty cheap for what you get. Also my first pair of open headphones, don't think I'll be going back to closed ever again unless I absolutely need something without leakage.

Yeah, I am really surprised at how great open headphones are for gaming. I'm really really happy with these. They are light, comfortable, don't get hot, and with the removable cable they've converted quite well into the best headset I've ever owned. Was so excited about it that I wrote a blog post detailing the setup. :D

entremet

Picked up 2 New DSi consoles from Gamestop. They are on clearance for $47. Hell of a deal.

hoZ3RoY.jpg

Holy shit is this console nice. The dark matte red is great.

LOVE the matte finish, slimmer design, screen seems clearer and brighter than my DS lite, and the speakers are fantastic! Great click d-pad too! Immediately turned off wi-fi, should give the system a nice battery life boost.

Think I am going to snap another one of these just in case.

U7Udaqu.jpg

Best way to play DS games by far.

Surprised you got that at that price. They're very expensive in the used market boxed.

Amiibo pickups. At least they're making up for my other "pickup", which is a cold. Meh.

Jiggly arrived today:
FB5D8F5B-CFDE-418B-923C-1A501B95A8F5_zpsjlsj0yry.jpg

These three I got yesterday:
c56c5c05fb940421acafd01c423fb06a_zpsk0eflq5u.jpg

I didn't know the Looney Tunes game was out already.
I just bought my copy. Thank you!

It was a complete stealth lounge, so I don't blame you. :)

They also released a PSVita Rayman Origins/Rayman Legends double pack last weekend. Little to no information whatsoever to be found about that one either. :)

I'm going to see if I can figure out if both games are on the cart or if it's a cart / download voucher combo.

Ban Puncher

Thanks guys.

Here's a few more pics I snapped with my phone for those that asked. It's pretty much fully loaded. Interior is a mix of leather and alcantara with aluminum trim. It is crazy fun to drive, and the exhaust sounds amazing. I'll see if I can get a clip of it.

You need to PM a mod and request a username change, yo.

Top Bottom