• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
11675437044_931a8a9806_o.png

Dear NeoGAF,

Congratulations NeoGAF! It's our NINE year anniversary of this thread!

Ten months out of the year are complete. Two more to go. Holiday season is about to start. What are you after?

As we always do, start off your November by posting your favorite pick-ups from October. Then roll it into your latest pick-ups and please enjoy your month!

Please make sure you follow the rules of the pick-up post!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

Hello NeoGAF,

Life is way too busy for me lately. Here's my favorite October pick-ups!

11363641_959494180778082_42183928_n.jpg

12080635_1065524670124930_1066152510_n.jpg

12141929_1686256518256622_1505013982_n.jpg

12105246_1487140191590408_2143637735_n.jpg

12120464_206861732978667_2091443012_n.jpg

What was your favorite stuff you got last month? Post it up and start posting your NEW pick-ups from this month as well!

Gskyace

64e7655fjw1exc3a93bymj218g0xcgwm.jpg

The new mobile projector MP-CL1 from Sony, bought in Sony Store Hongkong. I used to take Gaems monitor box with me sometimes. But this time I take this with me to Paris Game Week. Playing Assassin's Creed and Tearaway on PS4 with it.
It's tiny. I can lying down and project the screen onto the roof. It's approximately 720p and you need a dark environment to get better screen. I can't ask too much for this, and it's actually Okay to me, especially it's a that small projector. Easy to use and might be fun to project to those special media.

To the rooftop
64e7655fgw1exj78fv39rj218g0xc4d6.jpg

To the floor, through a glass table
64e7655fgw1exj794sja8j218g0xcn3w.jpg

To the wall
64e7655fgw1exj44hogzej218g0xc49m.jpg

64e7655fgw1exlgq99bbbj218g0xc49p.jpg

Perfume, bought in Mercedes-Benz concept store on Champs-Élysées in Paris. They recently combine a shampoo into a new steel box with the same price 75 euro dollars, a gift to my father who drives a Benz now.

Happy Anniversary NeoGAF! This new thread celebrates 9 years of the Pick-Up Post!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1132970

Enjoy.

Wow, 9 years already! Pretty awesome. Happy Anniversary and thanks MarkMan for your continued dedication.

My late October pickups. With Halloween on the way I picked up, among others, a number of survival horror games in these past few weeks.

MSX game: Eggerland Mystery
The very first game in the "Adventures of Lolo"/"Eggerland" series. Very happy to add this to my collection. Got it for a good price too.

GameCube games: Doshin the Giant, Wave Race - Blue Storm
I found both Doshin the Giant and Wave Race: Blue Storm factory sealed for &#8364;5 each at a retro game convention in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Wii U game: Project Zero - Maiden of Black Water Limited Edition

PS2 games: Bujingai - Swordmaster, Ghosthunter, The X Files - Resist or Serve, Vampire Night, and Tales of Legendia

PS3 games: Dark Souls II - Scholar of the First Sin, and Mass Effect trilogy

PS4 game and accesory: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, DualShock 4 20th Anniversary
Still no PS4 though, lol.

PSVita games: One Piece - Unlimited World Red, and Space Hulk

PSP game: Obscure - The Aftermath

illusionary

A few things from the end of October - the collector's edition of the Tri Force Heroes guide (I have all of these for the Zeldas so need to keep the collection going!), alongside the bonus pin badge set from buying the game itself, plus Diablo III for PS4 as I could get it for a decent price:

pDOABMU.jpg

jbueno

So I haven´t really participated in this thread as much as I´d like to, but this I had to post. Was in the States for vacations a couple of weeks, got the following few gaming goods. Didn´t get much more because fuck customs.

v4nnpbf.jpg

Had to buy it at Gamestop for the physical disc version, which came in sealed as expected.

XQHIzN6.jpg

And LTTP on this one. Don`t really want to open it until I get a New 3DS for dual stick controls.
xsvGDe2.jpg

I'm weak. I see a big box Atlus game and I just need to have it. While I was at it, I also picked up two DS games for my collection that I've been meaning to grab forever.

rlGRdhyl.jpg

Justinh

the collector's edition of the Tri Force Heroes guide (I have all of these for the Zeldas so need to keep the collection going!),

I ordered this today, but then cancelled it because it looks so different than all the rest. I read in a buyer's review that it doesn't even have gold text on the side, is this true? Those pins look cool, though...

got the comic at comikaze, the candy at target
Dammit. I spent like 80 something dollars on candy Friday morning. Halloween comes around...zero trick-or-treaters.
I thought it was going to be better this year since the apartment complex's office gave out little signs you put on your door that says you're giving out candy.

I ordered a pizza on Halloween since I haven't done that in a long time. Delivery person at least took some damn candy.
November=candy for dinner month, and brush your teeth five times a day month...

Wow, 9 years already! Pretty awesome. Happy Anniversary and thanks MarkMan for your continued dedication.

My late October pickups. With Halloween on the way I picked up, among others, a number of survival horror games in these past few weeks.

Cools pics as always :p
Do you know how many game you have ? You must have at least a room filled with games right ?

Yazuka

Nine years huh? Well congrats on keeping it alive and doing what you do.

Here is everything I've bought in October,.
2015-10-16%20-%20Allt%20i%20oktober.jpg

Cools pics as always :p
Do you know how many game you have ? You must have at least a room filled with games right ?

It's not filled yet, there's some room for more, lol.

Honestly, my collection is not nearly as big as some of the larger collectors on here actually. I now have exactly 1009 physical game copies, a few doubles not withcounted.

Yazuka

I was not expecting this to arrive to today, pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to reliving those games.

2015-11-02%20-%20Uncharted%20Colelction.jpg

64e7655fjw1exc3a93bymj218g0xcgwm.jpg

The new mobile projector MP-CL1 from Sony, bought in Sony Store Hongkong. I used to take Gaems monitor box with me sometimes. But this time I take this with me to Paris Game Week. Playing Assassin's Creed and Tearaway on PS4 with it.
It's tiny. I can lying down and project the screen onto the roof. It's approximately 720p and you need a dark environment to get better screen. I can't ask too much for this, and it's actually Okay to me, especially it's a that small projector. Easy to use and might be fun to project to those special media.

nice, I feel like I will go get one now. Looks good.

Ah damn, cant find it in Aus. sucks, gotta wait for it I guess

eXistor

accidentally posted in the old thread:

Got back from another retro convention. Nothing major or anything, I almost bought Hyperstone Heist, but decided to get TFIII and Splatterhouse 2 instead. Also a few random famicom games I have no idea about (I only know Karnov, but they were 5 for €10,- including Fire Emblem for the super famicom).

I know Virtual Hydlide is a shitfest, but it's one of those games that always just seemed interesting to me, like it always drew my eye. Like a terrible B-movie that still manages to be fun despite all its flaws.

Also Strider on NES was one I've wanted to play for a long time. The cart is absolutely pristine btw, never used it seems.

pom0asr.jpg

accidentally posted in the old thread:

Got back from another retro convention.

Was that the Bonami convention? Never been to any of those, I think. Are they worth it? I mean, seems like you had a good haul this time, but are they big conventions or rather small?

eXistor

Was that the Bonami convention? Never been to any of those, I think. Are they worth it? I mean, seems like you had a good haul this time, but are they big conventions or rather small?

Bonami. Yeah pretty big, this was inside a sportshall. Bigger than the last one I went to in Deurne. Honestly they're all pretty much the same to me, I see most vendors in both places anyway.

I'm still hunting for a Phantasy Star, but damn that game is starting to get real hard to find, not to mention getting way overpriced (like PSIV I might add) They had a bunch earlier this year, but I didn't jump on it then, now they're going for €70,- without manual. Yeah I'm not doing that.

SW20

Penguin Shoe

20th Anniversary Edition DS4

MGS V Guide

MGS V for the X1

MGS V GZ

Batman Arkham Knight Limited Edition PS4

Destiny The Taken King Limited Edition PS4

Halo 5 Guardian 1TB X1 Console

and a group shot!

Bonami. Yeah pretty big, this was inside a sportshall. Bigger than the last one I went to in Deurne. Honestly they're all pretty much the same to me, I see most vendors in both places anyway.

I'm still hunting for a Phantasy Star, but damn that game is starting to get real hard to find, not to mention getting way overpriced (like PSIV I might add) They had a bunch earlier this year, but I didn't jump on it then, now they're going for €70,- without manual. Yeah I'm not doing that.

Think most of the Bonami conventions are fairly north in the Netherlands, so it really has to be worth it for me to drive thát far. I mean, some of the smaller conventions can actually have some really good stuff (I managed to score some good stuff for cheap already in Stevoort, Belgium, for example), and often a bit cheaper too. But there's a limit to what you want to spend on gas too, lol. What I love about the Dutch conventions is that they have a notably different selection of games. More Nintendo oriented, more Atari stuff too (which I don't care for); in Belgium you'll get a bit more SEGA in my experience.

Phantasy Star III is the only game I got from the entire series. And no real plans to get any of the other games. I'll likely pick them up if I could get a cheap copy, but they're not that high on my wish list. For Mega Drive top of the list are Gunstar Heroes, Zombies and... Thunder Force III. ;-)

And yeah: incomplete copies to me are almost the same as a loose cart, so not paying top dollar for that either.

Galdius

I got three new games in the last couple of days. RE Revelations 2 was the game number 1700 of my collection.

2vente0h.jpg

And talking about my collection, last month my new game room was finished. Just the shelves and lighting are new.

ih6cHtnh.jpg

TheMoon

I got three new games in the last couple of days. RE Revelations 2 was the game number 1700 of my collection.

And talking about my collection, last month I my new game room was finished. Just the shelves and lighting are new.

ih6cHtnh.jpg

Jesus fuck, that looks like it's a ten feet tall display wall in a huge museum or something.

hydruxo

2vente0h.jpg

And talking about my collection, last month I my new game room was finished. Just the shelves and lighting are new.

ih6cHtnh.jpg

Really like those shelves, looks good man.

illusionary

I ordered this today, but then cancelled it because it looks so different than all the rest. I read in a buyer's review that it doesn't even have gold text on the side, is this true? Those pins look cool, though...
Yep, no text on the spine and no gold page edging either. :(

I only paid about £10 so it's not too bad, but still a bit of a disappointment compared to what it could have been,

eXistor

Think most of the Bonami conventions are fairly north in the Netherlands, so it really has to be worth it for me to drive thát far.
In my experience the Bonmi ones I've been to were relatively close by. I live in Noord Brabant (south of Netherlands) and the one last sunday was in Schiedam, which is about 45 mins. drive for me. The other ones are in Eindhoven which is about 1h 15 mins. The rest are indeed further north, so I tend to skip those. I might go one day if I have a week off or something.

Also let me just say "holy fuck" at Galdius' shelves. I saw them before when they were still empty, but filled to the brim with gaming goodness is the only way to fill out a shelf imo. Good job!

In my experience the Bonmi ones I've been to were relatively close by. I live in Noord Brabant (south of Netherlands) and the one last sunday was in Schiedam, which is about 45 mins. drive for me. The other ones are in Eindhoven which is about 1h 15 mins. The rest are indeed further north, so I tend to skip those. I might go one day if I have a week off or something.

It already takes me an hour to even get to Noord Brabant, so yeah... anything north of your province or Nederlands-Limburg is quite far. :)

And talking about my collection, last month my new game room was finished. Just the shelves and lighting are new.

I take it you need a ladder to get to the games from the top shelves? :) Looks really quite high, or is that trompe-l'oeil?

Justinh

I only paid about £10 so it's not too bad, but still a bit of a disappointment compared to what it could have been,

That is disappointing. I kinda still want it just because I have all the rest, but really don' want it because, I think the cover looks kinda ugly and I don't like that they don't match the rest.

I'll probably end up buying it...

Adamator

The no spine label thing is really baffling. I will say one nice thing about the book is it actually has a nice design on the back cover, where as all the other Zelda books have nothing on the back.

Galdius

Jesus fuck, that looks like it's a ten feet tall display wall in a huge museum or something.

Really like those shelves, looks good man.

Goddamn, that is a sweet setup.

Also let me just say "holy fuck" at Galdius' shelves. I saw them before when they were still empty, but filled to the brim with gaming goodness is the only way to fill out a shelf imo. Good job!

Thanks everyone!
And eXistor, there is nothing like seeing the shelves full of games. I can't wait to see your new game room.

I take it you need a ladder to get to the games from the top shelves? :) Looks really quite high, or is that trompe-l'oeil?

foobarry, I have a ladder that I use. I was going to put one of those library stairs that slide but they are a bit expensive and so I decided to use a regular ladder for now.

-Rock Band 4 Legacy Game Controller Adapter for Xbox One

We had gotten the Band-in-a-Box bundle since my brother wanted a new drum set, since the old Xbox 360 one was a bit beat up. We wanted to use our Xbox 360 guitars, so we got the adapter.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I sold my PS4 and Xbox One for a ton of store credit ($600 worth in fact, and I'll be receiving a new Vader PS4 here this month for free so it works out) so I picked up some Steam Wallet moneys. Some results from last month!

The Capcom Humble Bundle helped as well. =)

Top Bottom