• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Crimmy

Hey Blue, for some reason PM's aint working on this site right now. I get off work tonight at 10:30pm EST. I can play anytime from then til friday lol because im all done with school this semester so I'll basically be free all night and morning. Just let me know when you can play.

Oh ok, because yea I PM'd you back. I might be able to play tonight, but def tomorrow if not. Sorry for holding up this tournament guys..the longest in history :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
biggkidd32 said:
Maybe we can have all matches tonight.

Not the final championship. I am gonna watch Iron Man and go eat with my girlfriend. Still...... I am not yet up to level. Played some matches last night, went 12-11 so technically I did win (Played against Mila, Canadian, and some IRC dude called Omega not a GAF member). You guys can decide my opponent tonight, tomorrow I can probably play. But it must be done ASAP... finals start this Thursday for me....

Arol

Since singles #1 is almost over is a new one going to start or will teams tourney continue only?

Looking back in the last couple of pages Firestorm mentioned he was tired of tournament organizing for a while, is anyone else going to start one?

Or should I start looking for a teammate for teams?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Arol said:
Since singles #1 is almost over is a new one going to start or will teams tourney continue only?

Looking back in the last couple of pages Firestorm mentioned he was tired of tournament organizing for a while, is anyone else going to start one?

Or should I start looking for a teammate for teams?

I will probably be doing Singles #2 if Firestorm won't do it, but I'll leave that one for after this Team tourney is done. So it is... Singles->Team->Singles 2-> Teams 2?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Milabrega said:
Nothing stopping Single #2 to run congruent to Teams #1 other than no organizer.

People will be worn out, that's why I decided to start Teams #1 while Singles #1 was ending, so they wouldn't overlap. Also, waiting a few months for Singles 2 will allow people to come up with new tactics and new players to come in. Patience is key :D

Milabrega

Relix said:
People will be worn out, that's why I decided to start Teams #1 while Singles #1 was ending, so they wouldn't overlap. Also, waiting a few months for Singles 2 will allow people to come up with new tactics and new players to come in. Patience is key :D

You don't really want to wait a couple months at the number 2 position do you?
Since you know your not going to win and all

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Milabrega said:
You don't really want to wait a couple months at the number 2 position do you?
Since you know your not going to win and all

The VC game you didn't get will probably hold me that long. Still... there is no way I am losing =). NONE.

Crimmy

Crimmy vs Blue SUmmers: Battle Field (Snake vs Ness). Victor = Crimmy
Crimmy vs Blue Summers: Final Destination (Snake vs Ness). Victor = Crimmy

good games man

I lost, but I havent played since my match aganist relix, way too much orange box, gtaIV and Mario Kart, idc nemore. :D Crimmy has quite the snake spam too..sooo much upA's :|

Crimmy

BlueSummers said:
I lost, but I havent played since my match aganist relix, way too much orange box, gtaIV and Mario Kart, idc nemore. :D Crimmy has quite the snake spam too..sooo much upA's :|

Hehe. Battlefield used to be a good way to counter that but as you can see I figured a way to make it work finally.

Good games though. You jump a little excessively with Ness :p

Crimmy

Iam Canadian said:
Well done, Crimmy. But can Solid Snake overcome a Nintendo peripheral from the '80s?

We shall see. :D

Doubtful. ROB gives me problems even with Beginners. I was close though....

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crimmy said:
Doubtful. ROB gives me problems even with Beginners. I was close though....

Canadian´s ROB is definitely one of the best out there, and with him Canadian becomes one of the best players. Still... he is predictable. I dont shout out tactics in here but I recommend you use Hit N Run at least in the first stock to see how he plays Crimmy.

When I play on a whim, like on the IRC, I dont give much thought to stuff, but when a tourney fight hits me and the adrenaline rushes in I magically become twice as good and analyze every single possible move. Its like real time chess on my mind! Anyway.... you two get the game done ASAP, I wanna have my opponent soon.

Bloodwake

Iam Canadian vs. Crimmy - The preview:

Iam Canadian's loss - to Cyan in the first round. Cyan used Pikachu and Kirby, Iam Canadian used Lucas. Final score 2-1. Also good to note that Iam Canadian now uses ROB as recently as the last match.

Crimmy's loss - to the winner of the winner's bracket, Relix, in the second round, also a close game at 2-1. Crimmy used Snake, Relix used Luigi.

Winner of this plays biggkidd for the right to play in the championship series. Both have torn their way through the loser's bracket and overcome the overwhelming odds by winning several matches consecutively in a row. Might I add that both of these combatants have won more matches consecutively than Relix has. This could be the match of the tournament.

Someone should record it.

Firestorm

If someone could record the next few matches, and it doesn't lag due to that person, it'd be pretty cool actually. The fighters just have to wait on opposite sides of the stage and wait for the recorder to KO himself, then go at it once he's dead.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Firestorm said:
If someone could record the next few matches, and it doesn't lag due to that person, it'd be pretty cool actually. The fighters just have to wait on opposite sides of the stage and wait for the recorder to KO himself, then go at it once he's dead.

Yeah, this would be cool but I fear lag might get in the way. I have been wanting to do this for a while though. I purchased a capture card, BUT..... I don't know exactly how to use it, and IF it would cause screen-lag when playing. If I can get an easy to use software i could record some, so hit me if you know a good prog.

Bloodwake said:
Iam Canadian vs. Crimmy - The preview:

Iam Canadian's loss - to Cyan in the first round. Cyan used Pikachu and Kirby, Iam Canadian used Lucas. Final score 2-1. Also good to note that Iam Canadian now uses ROB as recently as the last match.

Crimmy's loss - to the winner of the winner's bracket, Relix, in the second round, also a close game at 2-1. Crimmy used Snake, Relix used Luigi.

Winner of this plays biggkidd for the right to play in the championship series. Both have torn their way through the loser's bracket and overcome the overwhelming odds by winning several matches consecutively in a row. Might I add that both of these combatants have won more matches consecutively than Relix has. This could be the match of the tournament.

Someone should record it.

Awesome analysis :D I will also add that if I were to face Canadian I would probably activate my Anti ROB since Luigi is useless against the robot. Depends though... as he would have to beat me four times to win, I have "breathing" room or so to say.

Firestorm

Round 13
Crimmy vs bigkidd32
Stage: Yoshi's Island
Next Stage: Smashville

Get it done ASAP but Crimmy has limited availability.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Cinderella story averted. Sorry, guys. Still, Crimmy, your Snake is excellent. Beat Relix for me. :D You've definitely got what it takes.

This tourney was fun, even though I think I got farther than I ever deserved to get. Let's do it again sometime.

Crimmy (Snake, Snake) over Iam Canadian (R.O.B, R.O.B) 2-0; Battleship Halberd, Yoshi's Island

Iam Canadian

If it makes you feel any better, Cyan, I'm able to defeat Relix on a quite regular basis. :D

Still, I lost to the better man. Let's support Crimmy! I know I'm rooting for him.

Bloodwake

So, we know our top three will include Crimmy and biggkidd32 and our top two will contain Relix.

All are guaranteed prizes, it's for bragging rights at this point.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
biggkidd32 said:
Crimmy I'm Available today after 10:30 PM and tomorrow After 7:00 PM. EST.

THIS TOURNAMENT ENDS TONIGHT FELLAS!!!!!!!

Crimmy and Kidd, get the game done ASAP. This tournament doesn't go a day more!

BRING IT ON BITCHES!! :lol :lol

Iam Canadian said:
If it makes you feel any better, Cyan, I'm able to defeat Relix on a quite regular basis. :D
Still, I lost to the better man. Let's support Crimmy! I know I'm rooting for him.

I think I gave you too many bragging rights :lol .

Try to get the game done at 11PM most, I work tomorrow and I gotta wake up at 7AM and I am a pussy for sleep. Thank you =P

Crimmy

Hey guys. Most of you are aware of my situation but others aren't. I'm actually using the internet at the mall right now to post. But long story short, as I told Fire, Canadian, and a bunch of others yesterday, I currently don't have internet at home. I was required to move out of my dorm room at 10am this morning. I am currently getting it back on (paying a huge friggin bill of $607) and at the earliest they would put it on monday. However, I talked to my friend and he said I could come over and do it there. Problem is, that the earliest I could play is Saturday afternoon. Firestorm, if this is too long of a wait I understand and I'll forfeit if need be. However, I can gurantee that I can play Saturday so long as its convenient for Kidd. I was thinking of calling out of work tomorrow but I don't think smash bros is worth the $100 Im going to miss, especially since Im going to be broke after paying this huge cable bill.

Anyways, I will try to be on and off on other peoples computers to stay in touch.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crimmy said:
Hey guys. Most of you are aware of my situation but others aren't. I'm actually using the internet at the mall right now to post. But long story short, as I told Fire, Canadian, and a bunch of others yesterday, I currently don't have internet at home. I was required to move out of my dorm room at 10am this morning. I am currently getting it back on (paying a huge friggin bill of $607) and at the earliest they would put it on monday. However, I talked to my friend and he said I could come over and do it there. Problem is, that the earliest I could play is Saturday afternoon. Firestorm, if this is too long of a wait I understand and I'll forfeit if need be. However, I can gurantee that I can play Saturday so long as its convenient for Kidd. I was thinking of calling out of work tomorrow but I don't think smash bros is worth the $100 Im going to miss, especially since Im going to be broke after paying this huge cable bill.

Anyways, I will try to be on and off on other peoples computers to stay in touch.

Bah, it's obvious what you need to do. SKIP WORK! Nah j/k, it's ok with me, don't think Kidd will have any problem with it

A couple of days more wont really make a difference for me, as long as everything is done before Monday. My situation is that my Wii is pixelating so I have to send it to Nintendo as soon as possible. That is also the reason why i wont be participating in the other tournament.

Jiggy

Character usage stats are updated to include BlueSummers, Iam Canadian, and Milabrega. Basic round stats are also updated.

Also, this is internal data that nobody here has seen, but I've also been tracking win/loss ratios for every character, and those are complete up to round 12. After the conclusion of the tournament, they'll be posted, so please look forward to it. :D

Crimmy

Firestorm said:
Round 13
Crimmy vs bigkidd32
Stage: Yoshi's Island
Next Stage: Smashville

Get it done ASAP but Crimmy has limited availability.

Question: When you say "Next stage" that means the loser doesnt get to pick the next level? Or is Smashville the level for whoever faces Relix?

Im on right now btw Kidd if you can play. Tomm is still fine too

Firestorm

Crimmy said:
Question: When you say "Next stage" that means the loser doesnt get to pick the next level? Or is Smashville the level for whoever faces Relix?

Im on right now btw Kidd if you can play. Tomm is still fine too

Smashville is the one for against Relix.

Crimmy over biggkidd32

Snake over Wolf - Yoshi's Island

Snake over Wolf - FD

Virgin Tight you are next.

Great matches Crimmy I'll get you next time when my wii is fully functioning and I'm less rusty.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crimmy... it's rematch time!

EDIT: By the way Crimmy, I always knew you were coming for my head. I will even call my counterpick here... public... my first counter shall be Battlefield! If I lose our first set, and we end up doing a second one... I'll pick...no clue, probably Battlefield too =P

Iam Canadian

All right! Go, Crimmy! If I can't win the tournament, I at least want the one who totally annihilated me to win! :D

The suspense builds!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crimmy said:
hey relix, my pick would be fd of course. ill try and join now if you are stillon

Hmm... I am gonna ask for Ruffles to leave after this one game and we can begin. SMASHVILLE

EDIT: Don't leave lol

Top Bottom