• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Well, if don't even make it up here then that would mean you have failed even more miserably. And yeah, don't worry, I know you will bring Wolf, but then again... you need to beat me four times. You shall fail!!

In all seriousness, don't let me fight Nabil, please:lol

Crimmy

I have a quick question.

Whoever faces Relix I understand has to win four times. However, will the matches be broken into two seperate matches, i.e. two best out of threes? For example, if the winner loses twice is he automatically out or is it in accordance to that match. Heres a better example:

Lets say Nabil and Relix square off in the first match and Nabil wins 2-1. Does a new best two out of three startup which would prevent him from being eliminated if he lost again or is it basically you lose twice and you're out? I hope you guys understand what Im saying because im having trouble saying it lol. Basically im asking if theres two seperate best out of three to negate the fact of being eliminated after two losses.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crimmy said:
I have a quick question.

Whoever faces Relix I understand has to win four times. However, will the matches be broken into two seperate matches, i.e. two best out of threes? For example, if the winner loses twice is he automatically out or is it in accordance to that match. Heres a better example:

Lets say Nabil and Relix square off in the first match and Nabil wins 2-1. Does a new best two out of three startup which would prevent him from being eliminated if he lost again or is it basically you lose twice and you're out? I hope you guys understand what Im saying because im having trouble saying it lol. Basically im asking if theres two seperate best out of three to negate the fact of being eliminated after two losses.

I understand it as this:

Nabil must beat me two sets of best of 3. So, one set.... 2-1. He wins, he still has to play another one of a best of 3 set. Now if I beat him, even once, I win since this is double elimination and he already lost once.

2 separate 2 out of 3. Is like round 10 and 11 ( but if Relix wins round 10 is over) but most likely they will be played one after another.

You guys are going to jynx poor Nabil.

Crimmy

biggkidd32 said:
2 separate 2 out of 3. Is like round 10 and 11 ( but if Relix wins round 10 is over) but most likely they will be played one after another.

You guys are going to jynx poor Nabil.

Yeh thats what I meant. Ok just makin sure. that'd suck if jus two losses meant you were out

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Milabrega said:
That, and his counterpick is hannenbow.

WTF??!?! HAHAHAHA =P. Now I hope he doesn't win. Then again... I am learning my way around Hannenbow as its more of a technical level. So yeah.... :D

Crimmy

Hey Fire I pmed Shaft about getting our match done today and he said this:

Hey so what time can you play today?

Shit dude, i forgot. Can we play friday?

-_-

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
Yeb (Snake) vs. Kwokuen (Marth) - Final Destination
Yeb (Snake) vs. Kwokuen (Wolf) - Yoshi's Island

Winner: Yeb

In case anyone was wondering, it wasn't much of a fight. I think Relix needs to watch out though, we could have the winner of the tournament right here. Best snake I've seen yet, and a well deserved win at that.

Jiggy

Losers' Bracket Round 8 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Pokemon Stadium. Listed stages are for second matches, and third where applicable. The numbering system is the match order in Firestorm's bracket. Underlines show the order of winners.

1) yeb (Snake, Snake) over layzie1989 (Lucas, Lucas) 2-0; Smashville
2) Iam Canadian (R.O.B., R.O.B., R.O.B.) over Dr.Hadji (King Dedede, King Dedede, King Dedede) 2-1; Smashville, Yoshi's Island; order of first two matches unknown, but overall R.O.B. won twice and King Dedede won once)
3) Crimmy (Snake, Snake) over Killa Sasa (Link, Mario) 2-0; Halberd
4) Arol (Toon Link, Toon Link, Toon Link) over SuperAndroid17 (Mr. Game & Watch, Wolf, Wolf) 2-1; Smashville, Smashville

Matches complete: 4/4. 100% of this round of the losers' bracket is completed.
Shutouts: 2 (50%)
2-1 matchups: 2 (50%)

Preferred stages this round:
Smashville - 4

Other stages used this round: Halberd, Yoshi's Island.

Losers' Bracket Round 9 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Final Destination. Listed stages are for second matches, and third where applicable. The numbering system is the match order in Firestorm's bracket. Underlines show the order of winners.

1) yeb (Snake, Snake) over Kwokuen (Marth, Wolf) 2-0; Yoshi's Island
2) Iam Canadian over Spruchy by opponent forfeit
3) Crimmy over slayn 2-0
4) Nabster92 (Marth, Zelda) over Arol (Toon Link, Toon Link) 2-0; Smashville

Matches complete: 4/4. 100% of this round of the losers' bracket is completed.
Shutouts: 3 (75%)
Forfeits: 1 (25%)

Stages used this round: Smashville, Yoshi's Island.

yeb

Milabrega said:
That, and his counterpick is hannenbow.
You need to remember that I was using Meta Knight against Cheez - it was mostly for dealing with Olimar. I'm not even sure what my favorite stage for Snake is, I think I've picked a different one each time I've lost a round with him. In an SRK tourney I actually lost because I stuck with Meta and Hanenbow against someone else's Snake. When I got a rematch with the guy that beat me, I switched to Snake too and lost again. Obviously, I'm not good with him at all!

Never mind that the guy said my Snake was better and that he won because of items being enabled. I'm trying to un-hype myself, I liked flying under the radar more.

Jiggy

Be careful. That strategy didn't quite pan out for me. :p

Edit: And it finally faltered against Dr.Hadji. Incidentally, if he gets past Iam Canadian and Spruchy, it'll be Dr.Hadji vs. yeb in a battle of whose Cinderella story ends first. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edit 2: Actually, if Iam Canadian got past Dr.Hadji and Spruchy, that would also be a battle of whose Cinderella story ends first. The tension is escalating! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bloodwake

The entire tournament cannot continue unless Hadji and Iam Canadian play, and Crimmy and shaft play.

It's weird to be this far in the tournament, to where people are only waiting for two or three matches to finish.

By the way, my favorite to win the tournament right now is definitely yeb. I'm rooting for the underdog/cinderella/comeback people. Losing in the first round two down to get this far in the loser's bracket? Hell yes.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
The impossible has happened. I beat Hadji. :O

Iam Canadian (R.O.B, R.O.B, R.O.B) over Dr.Hadji (King Dedede, King Dedede, King Dedede) 2-1; Pokemon Stadium, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Very good games, Hadji, I thought for sure you had me in round 3.

Firestorm

Crimmy wins over shaft by default.

Round 9 (Due Monday April 28th at 10 PM Pacific)
First Stage: Final Destination
Bracket (click here)

PM your opponent and then post here once you have done so. If you receive a PM, reply to the PM and post here. I need to know how the communication is going. PLEASE read the rules over again. Do not deviate from the rules.

If you guys want to use an easy way of coordinating matches, join the irc channel that slayn made:

server: irc.globalgamers.net
channel #gaf_sb

Use your own IRC client or use the browser-based version: http://irc-pro.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=GlobalGamers&room=#gaf_sb

Round 10 will be on Delfino Plaza

yeb

Firestorm said:
Round 8 (Due Friday April 25th at 10 PM Pacific)
First Stage: Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Next stage is Final Destination again. I'm out of neutrals other than Lylat Cruise which lags online, so I'm cycling through again.
Jiggy37 said:
Losers' Bracket Round 9 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Final Destination. Listed stages are for second matches, and third where applicable. The numbering system is the match order in Firestorm's bracket. Underlines show the order of winners.
Firestorm said:
Round 9 (Due Monday April 28th at 10 PM Pacific)
First Stage: Delfino Plaza
...wat?

Iam Canadian

I'll be honest, you guys. I fully thought Hadji was going to win right up until the point where I landed the final KO in round 3.

You never told me that you beat Hadji 65% of the time, Jiggy. Here you had me thinking he was some kind of unstoppable juggernaut of death and pain. Though I guess it did help psyche me up. :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I have a new goal. Win the tourney and get my tag to change to "GAF's Brawl Singles #1 Champion". Cuz my new tag is embarrassing =P

scottnak

Relix said:
I have a new goal. Win the tourney and get my tag to change to "GAF's Brawl Singles #1 Champion". Cuz my new tag is embarrassing =P
:lol And I just got through reading that thread.
Arr. I want to see s'more tourney action going on

Iam Canadian

Relix said:

I just looked to see what you were talking about.

At least I don't have the most embarassing tag around here. :p

Teknoman

So will there be another tourny after this one, or are you guys going to take a break for awhile? Heh i've really got to get back into brawling online...classes have been killing me recently (along with the flood of great stuff in gaming).

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Teknoman said:
So will there be another tourny after this one, or are you guys going to take a break for awhile? Heh i've really got to get back into brawling online...classes have been killing me recently (along with the flood of great stuff in gaming).

Team Tournament coming after this Singles is done, then probably a Singles #2. I am burned out of Smash though.. IT'S MKWII FOR ME!

Teknoman

Relix said:
Team Tournament coming after this Singles is done, then probably a Singles #2. I am burned out of Smash though.. IT'S MKWII FOR ME!

Yeah I just got MK Wii today, and its pretty nice (the graphics are actually good looking in motion), getting used to motion control (which isnt spazzy either). However im still gonna try and make time between Brawl and Kart (I still havent unlocked everyone in Brawl...damn college work plus im waiting on my friend to get back so we can finish SSE co-op).

Crimmy

Crimy vs Killa Sasa.

(Crimmy) Snake vs (Killa Sasa) Link: Victor = Snake
Crimmy (Snake) vs (Killa Sasa) Mario. Victor = Snake

Crimy over Killa Sasa 2-0.

Did I do it right this time or no? lol

Iam Canadian

Eh. I picked up Mario Kart Wii too, but I found myself drifting back to Smash before the day was out. Smash is just so much more fun. :D

Also, I've PM'd Spruchy earlier today and have not yet recieved a reply.

Firestorm

Crimmy fight slayn quickly. Same with Iam Canadian vs Spruchy. I want to get this back onto the real deadlines!

Teknoman said:

I think Relix is doing a Doubles tournament. I'm pooped >_>; No tournaments from me for a bit.

Iam Canadian

Firestorm said:
Crimmy fight slayn quickly. Same with Iam Canadian vs Spruchy. I want to get this back onto the real deadlines!

Well, I sure hope that Spruchy is available tomorrow afternoon then, since that's the last chance I'll get before the deadline. >_>

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I came in here to say I need to shake off rust. I haven't touched Brawl in nearly a week now. With finals coming and an assload of work his week... heh.... =(

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I'll be honest, you guys. I fully thought Hadji was going to win right up until the point where I landed the final KO in round 3.

You never told me that you beat Hadji 65% of the time, Jiggy. Here you had me thinking he was some kind of unstoppable juggernaut of death and pain. Though I guess it did help psyche me up. :p
I was playing along with Cyan. I'm saying that I beat you 65% of the time, and since you beat Hadji, therefore I beat Hadji 65% of the time. <_<

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
I was playing along with Cyan. I'm saying that I beat you 65% of the time, and since you beat Hadji, therefore I beat Hadji 65% of the time. <_<

Oh, I see now.

Well, I'll just go feel stupid now. :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
People you mind accelerating this? It's a bit too over extended already and well, finals are coming up to some and shit like that. SO HURRY.... also, It's been 8 days since the last time i touched Brawl. Was gonna play some yesterday online but WFC didn't work so I quit =P

Top Bottom