• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Jiggy

If Dr.Hadji three-stocks me in the first match while taking less than 55% damage, I'm going to switch to Ike.
If Ike can win by pure luck and lag, great. If he loses, well, that would just make for another entry in the loss column for Ike, which is always nice.

Jiggy

Dr. Hadji (King Dedede, King Dedede, King Dedede) over Jiggy37 (King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Lucas) 2-1; Green Greens, Luigi's Mansion

The third match was 12 minutes and 22 seconds long, according to the post-match stats. :O

Jiggy

I picked Dedede because the first stage was Battlefield and he seemed suited to it*. His Waddle Dees/Waddle Doos/Gordos reach practically across the entire bottom section, and if the enemy goes above you, his up tilt and up smash are perfect for hitting the two lower floating platforms.

*Well, that and I'd already run out of most of my better characters, and I refused to reuse anyone until I had to. <_< But honestly, for Battlefield the only other characters I might have gone with were Marth and R.O.B. anyway, and I'm not particularly any better with them than with Dedede.

Jiggy

Don't worry, no backing out for me at this point. Too many people I've faced are at the top or close to it. Have to see the final results. :eek:

If possible, can Dechaios and I get an extension? We may or may not be able to get it done by 10 PST tomorrow, and we have been pm'ing back and forth a little bit now. Till the same time on tuesday would work for me.

Jiggy

Random facts*, make of them what you will:

-Bowser's only win was by Guled.
-Donkey Kong's only four wins were all by Killa Sasa.
-Ganondorf's only two wins were by Dechaios.
-Ice Climbers' only win was by Jiggy37.
-Jigglypuff's only five wins were all by dragonlife29.
-Mario's only win was by Michan.
-Sonic's only two wins were by Vlad.
-Zero Suit Samus' only win was by Halycon.
-Peach, Samus, and Sheik have never won a match.

*subject to correction, and based only on matches that provided detailed results

Firestorm

Killa Sasa said:
If possible, can Dechaios and I get an extension? We may or may not be able to get it done by 10 PST tomorrow, and we have been pm'ing back and forth a little bit now. Till the same time on tuesday would work for me.

Ok.

Also, thank you Jiggy for keeping up with stats. Tio actually crashed on us at the tournament I was at today causing massive panic with the loss of a singles bracket with $480 in the pot. Upgrading fixed our issue thankfully ^_^;; But at least if this messes up we have your stats to replicate the bracket.

Teasel

so last match was between relix and bluesummer? well that means at least a finalist kicked my ass... now i feel a little better about losing :D
EDIT ok semifinal match

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Jiggy37 said:
Dr. Hadji (King Dedede, King Dedede, King Dedede) over Jiggy37 (King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Lucas) 2-1; Green Greens, Luigi's Mansion

The third match was 12 minutes and 22 seconds long, according to the post-match stats. :O
2qak56v.jpg

Teasel

Relix said:
^ Wtf Crushed? :lol :lol :lol

Teasel, did you fight BlueSummers or something? Detailed info? Plis? =D
uh... yeah on round 4
i didn't expect ness could work so good... thing i learned
- using pk fire on air is a nice way to surprise the opponent
- ness has good throws and aerial
- throwing pikmins at dashing people (especialy one with decent dash attack) isn't a good idea

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
That picture is still creepy, Crushed.

Now I have to get destroyed by Hadji, instead of standing a semi, sort-of-decent chance against Jiggy. D:

Jiggy

Fun* stage counterpick facts:

These figures are based only on fully-completed rounds. Keep in mind that these statistics only account for stages that were both counterpicked and played on; obviously a great number of counterpicks were never actually touched.

Seen three times or more each: (15)
Battlefield, Bridge of Eldin, Delfino Plaza, Final Destination, Halberd, Hyrule Temple, Luigi’s Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Mario Circuit, Onett, PictoChat, Pirate Ship, Shadow Moses Island, Smashville, Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Seen twice each: (6)
Castle Siege (Shanks, Teknoman)
Flat Zone 2 (Hatchet Man, RevenantKioku)
Frigate Orpheon (DeceitDecide both times)
Green Hill Zone (Manabanana, SantaC)
Spear Pillar (SS4Gogita, Vlad)
WarioWare (jibblypop both times)

Seen once each: (7)
Big Blue (Bloodwake)
Corneria (SuperAndroid17)
Green Greens (Jiggy37)
Hanenbow (yeb)
Pokemon Stadium (Jiggy37)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Jiggy37)
Skyworld (yeb)

Never seen: (13)
75m, Brinstar, Distant Planet, Jungle Japes, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom, New Pork City, Norfair, Port Town Aero Dive, Rainbow Ride, Rumble Falls, Summit, Yoshi's Island (Melee)

*Fun subject to interpretation

Iam Canadian said:
That picture is still creepy, Crushed.
His latest interpretation of JSnake's life in Off-Topic is hilarious, though. <_< You'll have to at least read the first post of JSnake's thread to get it, though.

Now I have to get destroyed by Hadji, instead of standing a semi, sort-of-decent chance against Jiggy. D:
You stand a semi, sort-of-decent chance. If the connection is in your favor, you might win.

Dr.Hadji

Iam Canadian said:

Alright, this is getting old. Man up suckas, you made it this far. Believe in yourselves.

Arol

They were still good games imo. Shame about you having to take such a break but hey you went to Hawaii!!! I stayed home and studied for tests.

Firestorm

Round 8 (Due Friday April 25th at 10 PM Pacific)
First Stage: Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

Bracket (click here)

PM your opponent and then post here once you have done so. If you receive a PM, reply to the PM and post here. I need to know how the communication is going. PLEASE read the rules over again. Do not deviate from the rules.

If you guys want to use an easy way of coordinating matches, join the irc channel that slayn made:

server: irc.globalgamers.net
channel #gaf_sb

Use your own IRC client or use the browser-based version: http://irc-pro.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=GlobalGamers&room=#gaf_sb

Next stage is Final Destination again. I'm out of neutrals other than Lylat Cruise which lags online, so I'm cycling through again.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Lylat Cruise lags online? I never really noticed any additional lag while playing online there, though I have noticed that it rarely comes up, so maybe I just don't play it enough.

Dr.Hadji said:
Alright, this is getting old. Man up suckas, you made it this far. Believe in yourselves.

As I said in the IRC channel...help me, R.O.B, you're my only hope.

I'm a Canadian, I can't express self-confidence. It's not in my nature.

Seriously, with R.O.B, I might have a chance. Bring it, Hadji. :D

Teasel

man i can't believe i wasn't able to ko toon link before having him reaching 190% smashville isn't even that big! i really need to short hop more since the only attack that seems to have some KO power are olimar aerials

Killa Sasa (Mario, DK) over Dechaios (Wolf, Ganondorf) on BF and Lylat Cruise, in a fairly laggy couple of matches. I'll still take the W though :p.

Bloodwake

Arol finally bows out, while yeb basically continues to carve a path through the loser's bracket. Seriously, he's won like eight or nine games in a row.

BTW, it's interesting to point out Arol placed ninth overall in the tournament. People will probably tie with him, but he's the highest placed player to finish the tournament so far.

TX/abstract alien/XENO/3007 8370 1008

pm if you add to make sure i have you too
wii number: 6256 9066 5912 2084

im adding everyone from tx as we speak to start off with

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
abstract alien said:
TX/abstract alien/XENO/3007 8370 1008

pm if you add to make sure i have you too
wii number: 6256 9066 5912 2084

im adding everyone from tx as we speak to start off with

Wrong thread!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
biggkidd32 said:
Relix it will be epic when I get to the other side and beat you twice.

Ya ya ya ya.......it will be epic if you manage to beat the one coming at you... and relly? I doubt it =P. Oh well, I am still waiting up here, on my throne, the throne that you desired but that miserably failed in getting. =D

Miserably? Really? I hope you enjoy your "throne" while you are still there. Cause even if I'm not the one who makes it, I'm sure that your final will be no walk in the park. Besides what are the chances of having to play Battlefield again and me using Lucas?

Top Bottom