• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Official "DRIVECLUB" Club & Event Thread

Donthizz#

I'm curious as well. Is it random? Do the people that got in the beta have a lot of time logged on certain racing games or something??

about 3-4 years back on PlayStation forums, they wanted people to apply if they wanted to be beta testers, I applied, got selected.

Damn you Sony. I would freak out if I got an invite. I have a brand new Thrustmaster collecting dust waiting to play this game. Wonder how big a beta test this is?

NuMiQ

Neo Member
I'd gladly join GAF for some racing, as my mates are still holding off on buying PS4's.

GafID: NuMiQ
PSN: NuMiQ
Timezone: EU / NL GMT+1

Usually on in the evenings.

EVERYBODY IS IN! CONGRATS! The beta pics has rejuvenated sign ups
:p
and we now sit at 276 people. We have 24 people until we shut things down! WOOOOOH!

hey guys I'm glad the pics helped people get excited for this game. honestly i have no idea why Sony are so scared of showing this game off, I've never broken an NDA before in the last 6 years of beta testing but really wanted to give people a better idea of this game as there doesn't seem to be enough information out there. unfortunately i was contacted by Sony approximately 50mins after due to someone else on the beta team letting them know and was sent a cease and desist.

what annoys me is its not as though this game hasn't been shown before yet other beta testers seem to think they are all high and mighty because they get to play games before others. you should read some of the things people have written about me on the forums like I deserve to have my psn account shutdown permanently, i didn't post these things to get my 2mins of fame as they have put it i was doing it to get a bit of information out there to fans who are looking forward to this game just like me. we aren't some elite group of people for gods sake we are gamers just like everyone else

like i said I've never broken NDA in 6 years but this title in particular due to the seemingly little amount of pictures and video recently made me want to share. not to mention releasing these pictures seemed to drum up a bit more excitement and good press for them anyway lol

Stillmatic

hey guys I'm glad the pics helped people get excited for this game. honestly i have no idea why Sony are so scared of showing this game off, I've never broken an NDA before in the last 6 years of beta testing but really wanted to give people a better idea of this game as there doesn't seem to be enough information out there. unfortunately i was contacted by Sony approximately 50mins after due to someone else on the beta team letting them know and was sent a cease and desist.

what annoys me is its not as though this game hasn't been shown before yet other beta testers seem to think they are all high and mighty because they get to play games before others. you should read some of the things people have written about me on the forums like I deserve to have my psn account shutdown permanently, i didn't post these things to get my 2mins of fame as they have put it i was doing it to get a bit of information out there to fans who are looking forward to this game just like me. we aren't some elite group of people for gods sake we are gamers just like everyone else

like i said I've never broken NDA in 6 years but this title in particular due to the seemingly little amount of pictures and video recently made me want to share. not to mention releasing these pictures seemed to drum up a bit more excitement and good press for them anyway lol

Wow that's crazy! I don't think Sony have done a great job releasing media for Driveclub, which is probably why we want to share our experience with the beta so bad. Rushy sends Sony video and all we get to see is a cut down to 30 second clip uploaded to Facebook, boo!

But that's not really the point of beta testing. If they open it up to public we should be able to talk/share, but we might be waiting until launch, which thankfully isn't too far away now!

Navid

What annoys me is its not as though this game hasn't been shown before yet other beta testers seem to think they are all high and mighty because they get to play games before others.
It has nothing to do with being high and mighty, instead it's simply a case of respecting the developers wishes and not posting screens, footage and other info when they have asked people not to do so...

golem

The Sixth Axis posted some beta pics

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/08...ed-1080p-screenshots-from-the-driveclub-beta/

DCBeta-11.jpg

naeS

Did this person get confirmed? I recall there being a period between when you sign in and when you could actually post.

His join date was in November of last year. You are right about the waiting period, but I don't remember mine being 9 months.

Guys. Everybody that has signed up is in AND there is only 14 people to go. 14. That's it. If you do want a spot then CMON! WHATCHA WAITIN FOR! Plus we close registration in a week from today and we really want 300 as it will help for us and you guys to divide into your own clubs.

Top Bottom