• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Official "DRIVECLUB" Club & Event Thread

I'm really not getting the structure of the game yet and don't want to (and can't) commit to any playoff-match times, but I'd really like to be in a NeoGAF DriveClub.

can I just drop my User, PSN and Region before the deadline without a guarantee that I will be able to find the time? I mean, what if the game turns out to be absolutely not fun and I won't be able to get myself to play it 12 months from now???? Normally I'd just wait for your schedule to be posted, play the game after release for a few days and THEN sign up for your guys club.
If I like the game and have time, I WILL mean business, racing is probably the only gaming genre I'm somewhat good at.

[sorry, if the question has been answered already. I just read all the op-must reads and skipped most of the rest]

Crap guys! Haha! Had a lot going on today and yesterday. I'll try to get the update up tonight. Sorry for the wait!

Tyler: Still sign up my friend. It'll help everyone out quite a lot to be honest and no matter what I promise you an amazing time.

So excited for this game!

GAF: disastermouse
PSN: nondual
Timezone: US Eastern (but I'm nightshift and up late.

Also, I'll be rocking the full version. Hope I'm not too late to get in.

UPDATE: Hello everybody! I promised an update on Friday/Saturday but I got held up in quite a lot. So here I am to talk. First off, everybody below this post that has registered is in. Congrats to you guys, you're in! This brings me to the 2nd thing. Tuesday is the registration closing and we are under 300 by 11 people so, I will tell you what, during the period until Tuesday, I will allow people to sign up their friends. What I mean, is that you will be able to sign your friends up to be in the league, but be fast about it because there are only 11 spots left and only 11 GAFFERS/Outsiders will be allowed. To sign up a friend you MUST say, in this exact order, or I will not allow them to be entered:

[Non-Gaffer]
1.PSN
2.Region
3.Your GAF name

If you do not follow this, your friend will not be able to get in. :)

Now, about dividing you up. We will be doing it by Region of the world SO, this means that we will post the link to the spreadsheet on Tuesday September 9th and from there we are going to ask you guys to create your clubs. Now, when you create clubs we would like it if you kept the people in your club in the same Region but you are able to have people from other regions in your club (not preferred, BUT allowed). From there you will be put in the region where most of your club members reside. All of this is starting on Tuesday. So on Tuesday, get ready to make your clubs so we can divide players ASAP.

So there it is! Hope you guys are liking the way we are setting this up. Have any questions or concerns please, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
-Edge

Gold Member
How did I miss this thread before??

Anyhow I want in on this if I'm not too late please :)

GAF name: 10101
PSN name: NeillBroderick
Region: UK

Can't wait for this game!

naeS

Thanks for the update Edge. Here is my buddy's info(the one who couldn't post). If you added him already, disregard.

1.KingKyuss
2.US Central
3.ForsakenKidx

le-seb

Please define "region of the world".
Do you mean area, country, state, continent, time zone, whatever?
And what if we're new to online gaming / to GAF and are not sure who we should play with?

le-seb: region meaning, US East or Canada or wherever you live (country, etc.) Regarding 2nd question: DO IT. You will have an awesome time, I can promise you that. It's going to be great fun.

Everybody below me who has entered is in CONGRATS! 7 people left! So, sign your friends up or if you just got here sign up so you don't miss out on awesomeness.

Gold Member
le-seb: region meaning, US East or Canada or wherever you live (country, etc.) Regarding 2nd question: DO IT. You will have an awesome time, I can promise you that. It's going to be great fun.

Everybody below me who has entered is in CONGRATS! 7 people left! So, sign your friends up or if you just got here sign up so you don't miss out on awesomeness.
Sweet, can't wait! :D

sk0rncobra

Neo Member
Can't wait for some clubbin'!

NeoGAF User: sk0rncobra (with the number 0 then the letter o)
PSN: sk0rncobra
Region of the World: US West

Thanks everybody for setting this up, it should be lots of fun!

Take what?? The GAF Driveclub team? I WANT IN!!

NeoGAF user: TimeEffect
PSN: Just PM me
Region: Canada, Eastern Time Zone

Edit: Oh sorry, didn't see 300 was for the doc.

Edit 2: I hope it's OK that I dont publicly put up my PSN. I'm hoping to get on the doc but would just prefer to PM one of you leaders

Take what?? The GAF Driveclub team? I WANT IN!!

NeoGAF user: TimeEffect
PSN: Just PM me
Region: Canada, Eastern Time Zone

Edit: Oh sorry, didn't see 300 was for the doc.

Edit 2: I hope it's OK that I dont publicly put up my PSN. I'm hoping to get on the doc but would just prefer to PM one of you leaders

AND THATS IT! YOU ARE THE 300th person to sign up! CONGRATULATIONS!

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED! DriveclubGAF......GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!

First: this is not an update.

Second: there will be an update tomorrow with the spreadsheet. From there you can make your clubs.

WE DID IT GUYS. We're here!

NOW. I need sleep.

AND THATS IT! YOU ARE THE 300th person to sign up! CONGRATULATIONS!

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED! DriveclubGAF......GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!
rejoice.png

Cool

Gaf: Americanmushroom

PSN: Stinkinmushroom

Region: Australia (Gmt+8)

edit: already finished :( ? ... If aomeone is leaving could you please add me? thanks

I want in, buying the game day 1...

[NeoGAF User] 3rdamention
[PSN] Filth_Flannigan
[Region of the World (US East, US West, US Central) ] I'm in the East time zone, but can play most of the time...

viveks86

Edge, it might be a good idea to maintain a waiting list for those who still want to join. I'm sure some participants might back out if they decide to join a club outside our league or if they decide not to buy the game. There might also be a lot of interest after the game is out, so keeping a waiting list would help decide how to proceed. Just a thought.

DOWN

Banned
Edge, it might be a good idea to maintain a waiting list for those who still want to join. I'm sure some participants might back out if they decide to join a club outside our league or if they decide not to buy the game. There might also be a lot of interest after the game is out, so keeping a waiting list would help decide how to proceed. Just a thought.

Agreed. No way everyone in the 300 will love the game, get the full game, or continue playing past launch consistently.

Everyone after post #583 should be the start of the wait list.

ruttyboy

How's it going to work if, like myself, you don't really know anyone else on GAF? Will there be a few clubs that will group together those who always get picked last?

kyser73

So it's a given we'll do intra-Gaf tourneys & races, but what are the rules for extra-curricular activity?

#AusGafWorldDomination

How's it going to work if, like myself, you don't really know anyone else on GAF? Will there be a few clubs that will group together those who always get picked last?

I'll race with ya, rutty!
I'm assuming we can easily arrange inter/intra-clan races if not then between Destiny and Drive Club my friends list is going to explode :)

Update will be up later but I just wanted to clarify that I see the need for a Waiting List so that will be part of the next update. PLEASE. Keep an eye on the thread. Subscribe and always keep looking. GREATNESS AWAITS!

Top Bottom