• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix announces Bloodline (Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn, creators of Damages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link. YT teaser. Searched and didn't see a thread.

Netflix has announced that its original series Bloodline will premiere in March. And as you'd expect, all episodes from season one — there are 13 of them — will be available for streaming immediately. Bloodline stars Kyle Chandler of Friday Night Lights fame along with Ben Mendelsohn (The Dark Knight Rises), Linda Cardellini (Mad Men, Freaks and Geeks), Sam Shepard (The Right Stuff), and Sissy Spacek, among others. Created and executive produced by Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman, and Glenn Kessler — the trio behind FX's Damages — Bloodline "centers on a close-knit family of four adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep brother returns home."

It doesn't reveal much, but you can catch a teaser trailer for the show above. Bloodline is the result of a partnership between Netflix and Sony Pictures Television; it's the first deal the streaming service has struck with a major Hollywood studio. Netflix says Bloodline will launch simultaneously in all regions in March. As for its other originals, Lillyhammer is set to return for a third season on November 21st.

SimleuqiR

Wow the girl from Freaks & Geeks has aged very gracefully.

Edit:

Well shit!

linda-cardellini-mad-men-ftr.jpg

I had no idea that was her!

I need to start watching some of Netflixs original shows. I hear good things.
They are incredible.
Only a few years in the making, and they've put out several high quality shows.

I've watched:

House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Lilyhammer, The Fall, Derek, Happy Valley, Bojack Horseman, Peaky Blinders

And love them all

rude

Banned
Generic premise, but I loved Damages. Not much of a fan of Netflix's original shows so far though. HOC started out ok, don't find OITNB funny.

Will be trying this and Daredevil out.

pswii60

They are incredible.

I've watched:

House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Lilyhammer, The Fall, Derek, Happy Valley, Bojack Horseman, Peaky Blinders

And love them all
The Fall, Derek, Happy Valley and Peaky Blinders aren't Netflix Originals, they've just bought exclusive rights to them in the US.

They are incredible.

I've watched:

And love them all
But only three of them really Netflix originals, Lilyhammer too maybe.

The Fall, Derek, Happy Valley and Peaky Blinders aren't Netflix Originals, they've just bought exclusive rights to them in the US.

I believe Lilyhammer season 1 was also purchased by Netflix after it had already been made by the creators. I watched all of season 1 and tried part of season 2 but I could never find it that engaging of a show.

edit: as much of a letdown as it was, don't forget Arrested Development season 4 either. That counts as an original I guess.

Generic premise, but I loved Damages. Not much of a fan of Netflix's original shows so far though. HOC started out ok, don't find OITNB funny.

Will be trying this and Daredevil out.

yeah netflix originals kinda suck but i can't pass this show up. kyle chandler and ben mendehlson alone will make this worth it. great character actors. ben's clearly gonna play the black sheep lol.

then we got sissy spacek and lindsey weir in here too.

Dabanton

It's quite funny, as to most people's perceptions they'd see them as Netflix Original shows.

It's a clever move on Netflix's part.

IISANDERII

They are incredible.

I've watched:

And love them all
Southern Cliff?

dvdjamm

Can someone tell Netflix to buy the rights and create new episodes for Happy Endings,Traffic Light,Better Off Ted,The Loop,Party Down and Pushing Daisies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom