• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Death Note Trailer. Release August 25th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsubbed from Gigguk on Youtube. I knew this dickhead would go to bat for whitewashing, but pushing this bullshit narrative that people are only upset with the casting of a white guy as Light but not a black for L is some disingenuous nonsense I can't stand.

I think as far as far as Hollywood adaptations go, Death Note is doing it right, whereas Ghost in Shell is just disastrous and I hope it bombs (though it won't).

I mean, is there any specific indication that he -couldn't- be Asian American? L is black in this one, so they clearly don't have an issue with minorities as leads. Were they specifically looking for a white guy to play Light, or did it end up that way because in an open casting you're likely to end up with a white guy if you're looking for an American lead? Like, that's definitely a representation problem, but that's different from Asians being excluded from consideration in the first place. If it was an exclusive white casting, I agree that sort of thing should be discouraged, if not, I don't see a strong argument for how an adaptation like this should specifically go for an Asian American lead. That seems even less natural a direction to me.

Well there was an Asian actor who wasn't allowed to audition and was told they were literally only looking for a white male to play Light sooo, yeah

Like I said (or at least meant, if it wasn't clear), I agree that there's no reason Light has to be Asian. The races of the characters are integral to the story and the setting doesn't really require it to take place in Japan. I'm just saying, if they're adapting this to a US audience why couldn't they adapt Light as an Asian American male? That's all I'm saying.

How 'bout because they don't want to. Just like didn't want to cast L as an Asian American, and instead cast an Asian American as Watari.

Well there was an Asian actor who wasn't allowed to audition and was told they were literally only looking for a white male to play Light sooo, yeah

You realize that's how casting goes, right? Just like how Marvel decided they wanted A Black and/or Latina actress to play Domino, so they refined their search to only those actresses that fit that.

If that is the case then that's a bad look.

It's only bad if you think Light had to be Asian American.

I'm sure that shutting up every time somebody answers with "well we didn't wanna" is exactly how Asians will get more representation in these movies.

Mislabeling Adaptations as Whitewashing surely isn't.

kasane

How 'bout because they don't want to. Just like didn't want to cast L as an Asian American, and instead cast an Asian American as Watari.

So how do we fix the representation then? If people just bend over everytime studios say we dont wanna cause were changing the setting to being in America when asian americans exist in america, why not let them audition and try for the role? Its not being territorial about the IP being from Japan

Edit: and to be clear im not saying this is white washing im trying to enlighten myself on the issue and what we could do to better it. Straight up refusing an audition in my opinion is pretty shitty.

So how do we fix the representation then? If people just bend over everytime studios say we dont wanna cause were changing the setting to being in America when asian americans exist in america, why not let them audition and try for the role? Its not being territorial about the IP being from Japan
Do it on properties where the original race of the main character actually matters. Particularly the many films (Great Wall) that take place with purely Asians aside from the white savior character. Not adaptations for a different setting or audience.

Its an adaptation. Things change to suit the adaptation and to suit the region its being made in. When Unforgiven was remade in Japan, they didn't just make a straight western, they adapted it to the Meiji era and changed the cowboys to swordsmen. This isn't Ghost in the Shell (2017) where they appropriate all the Japanese iconography and culture of the original movie and transplant a random white lady into the lead role.

So why have Kira? I get what you're saying in the later parts of your post, but that name alone and the misplacement in relation to what Netflix is going for, is why I don't take the adaptation argument seriously. It comes off as a half-baked idea where the creative team wants to try a different direction, and yet, lacks the imagination to see where things could have been changed (which is something GitS suffers from too, from its inability to let go of the Asian themes and locale and yet they have a white female lead). They should have gone all the way instead of assuming Kira works in this new society and setting that they're creating.

Mislabeling Adaptations as Whitewashing surely isn't.

And what about after we set aside bullshit semantics, hm?

Whatever you feel like calling it, an Asian did not get the lead in an adaptation of Asian material. Asians don't get cast in other stuff, and they don't cast in this. So the question then becomes, where will they be cast? If not in something like this, what?

People who wanna tell us to sit down and wait our turn are always real quiet when we ask when that turn's supposed to come up.

So why have Kira? I get what you're saying in the later parts of your post, but that name alone and the misplacement in relation to what Netflix is going for, is why I don't take the adaptation argument seriously. It comes off as a half-baked idea where the creative team wants to try a different direction, and yet, lacks the imagination to see where things could have been changed (which is something GitS suffers from too, from its inability to let go of the Asian themes and locale and yet they have a white female lead). They should have gone all the way instead of assuming Kira works in this new society and setting that they're creating.

You hit the nail on the head.

Its fear of deviating too much from the source material. I also imagine its probably more marketable and recognizable to keep Kira as his name.

Do it on properties where the original race of the main character actually matters. Particularly the many films (Great Wall) that take place with purely Asians aside from the white savior character. Not adaptations for a different setting or audience.

No offense, but this is a poor way of doing things. Minorities shouldn't be relegated to "minority films", they should be allowed to play completely normal characters who just happen to be not-white. As a black male, I don't need nor want every movie starring a black character to be about gangs or slavery or whatever role it makes sense for the character to be black. Take Harold & Kumar, that's a movie where you have 2 characters who could have really been any race, but they just happened to be Indian and Asian. And it did really well. That's what we need more of.

You should watch Riz Ahmed's speech on diversity to the British Parliament. He talks about how he actively had to buck against the tendency of casting agencies of only considering him for typical "brown person" roles like terrorists, or foreign exchange student, or taxi driver. That type of diversity is just tiring and borders on insulting when it's the only kind used

kasane

Yes but are we discounting the fact that the setting which is America has ASIAN-AMERICANS? I mean sure the production had an idea of who they wanted to cast but ( i am not sure of the validity because i only read it on the thread ) straight up refusing auditions from asian americans is a bad look in my opinion.

No offense, but this is a poor way of doing things. Minorities shouldn't be relegated to "minority films", they should be allowed to play completely normal characters who just happen to be not-white. As a black male, I don't need nor want every movie starring a black character to be about gangs or slavery or whatever role it makes sense for the character to be black. Take Harold & Kumar, that's a movie where you have 2 characters who could have really been any race, but they just happened to be Indian and Asian. And it did really well. That's what we need more of.

You should watch Riz Ahmed's speech on diversity to the British Parliament. He talks about how he actively had to buck against the tendency of casting agencies of only considering him for typical "brown person" roles like terrorists, or foreign exchange student, or taxi driver. That type of diversity is just tiring and borders on insulting when it's the only kind used

and i agree with this point. Why wouldnt it be normal for an asian american to be the main lead in a film in america where there are asian americans ? And i am emphasizing my point that they are not entitled for the role but why not give them a shot at auditioning >?

Edit: and to be clear im not saying this is white washing im trying to enlighten myself on the issue and what we could do to better it. Straight up refusing an audition in my opinion is pretty shitty.

I mean one of the immediate ways could be Asian American/Western producers and directors actually cast Asian American leads in their films. It's not as if there aren't any successful ones. 3 of the 4 producers on this American adapted Death Note film are Asian American, with one having a history of buying Japanese properties and adapting them to America and casting a White lead . If they're more than happy in maintaining the status quo rather taking any risk to challenge it, why would you continue to blame Hollywood for not challenging it.

It's sentiments like this that contribute to white being perceived as the default.

If you want to actually fix problems with representation, minorities need to be cast in roles that do not specifically call for a minority. Getting this to happen includes voicing opposition to when this does not take place - Death Note, while the role does not appear to specifically call for an Asian in the lead, marks a more visible, theoretically easier opportunity than most due to its status as a manga adaptation, and it didn't happen. Hence the protest. Hollywood has proven for decades that they are not willing to do so on their own.

And to be honest I have no qualms with The Great Wall since China chose a white lead themselves to lend their work "credibility"; if anything it's a result of how poorly Asians are represented over here. The lesson they took from the Hollywood system is having a big-name white actor is what validates the thing you made, and I can't even really say that they're wrong in this belief. It's super depressing more than anything else.

Yes but are we discounting the fact that the setting which is America has ASIAN-AMERICANS? I mean sure the production had an idea of who they wanted to cast but ( i am not sure of the validity because i only read it on the thread ) straight up refusing auditions from asian americans is a bad look in my opinion.

Also as a black male, I understand your feelings, but you misunderstood my point. You asked for a start, that's a more logical start than shitting on adaptations of Japanese material that's for a different audience because it does feature Japanese people. In the case of Death Note, I've already said it could be going for a different dynamic, looking at racial positions in America, hence L being black and Light being white. That doesn't work when you cast an Asian in the lead role, and that's a completely valid reason to specifically exclude Asians or any other race from casting, because that dynamic doesn't work anymore. Is that the case? I dont know and neither does anyone else nor will we until the film is out, but it's interesting to think about. Do we know if L was specifically cast as black, and if so why aren't people complaining about that.

But wanting your race to he cast in non racial roles is an entirely fair viewpoint and as someone who is black, I can understand. I'm also not arguing against Asian representation, simply that there are much better instances to do it in. If being type cast into a role isn't okay then why is it different than being type cast in an adaptation of Japanese material. How is that any better? Fact of the matter is, they have a different vision of the material that isn't of any detriment to the material itself, and in this case might be a strength.

In Ghost in the Shell, it's more reasonable but in both cases it really doesn't matter. (Though I've already said I'd prefer a Japanese actress to ScarJo)

It's sentiments like this that contribute to white being perceived as the default.

If you want to actually fix problems with representation, minorities need to be cast in roles that do not specifically call for a minority. Getting this to happen includes voicing opposition to when this does not take place - Death Note, while the role does not appear to specifically call for an Asian in the lead, marks a more visible, theoretically easier opportunity than most due to its status as a manga adaptation, and it didn't happen. Hence the protest. Hollywood has proven for decades that they are not willing to do so on their own.

And to be honest I have no qualms with The Great Wall since China chose a white lead themselves to lend their work "credibility"; if anything it's a result of how poorly Asians are represented over here. The lesson they took from the Hollywood system is having a big-name white actor is what validates the thing you made, and I can't even really say that they're wrong in this belief. It's super depressing more than anything else.

And the directors of Ghost in the Shell chose ScarJo to get people into seats and sell the movie because she makes money. It's been stated numerous times before, but if it wasn't for getting an A-list actor to lead, then the film wouldn't have gotten made at all, and at that point who does that help? At least it's a series where the main characters race is of no importance, making it, in my opinion a less offensive example. It's not like making Black Panther white, where his race is integral to his story and that removing that element makes it no longer work. You could make that argument for Iron Fist though and other properties.

And what about after we set aside bullshit semantics, hm?

Whatever you feel like calling it, an Asian did not get the lead in an adaptation of Asian material. Asians don't get cast in other stuff, and they don't cast in this. So the question then becomes, where will they be cast? If not in something like this, what?

People who wanna tell us to sit down and wait our turn are always real quiet when we ask when that turn's supposed to come up.

It's a Japanese property, first of all. Japanese Americans makes up less than 1 percent of America. Asian Americans make up 5 percent. It would defeat the purpose for a Hollywood studio and production company to buy a Japanese property and adapt it to America only to then cast Asian leads; otherwise they might as well just leave the setting as is. That might sound fucked up, but that's the harsh reality. Unless a studio and production company were willing to take that risk, which as of now nobody seems willing to do.

I'm definitely not into telling Asian Americans or any marginalized group for that matter to sit down and wait their turn and remain quiet, If anything, I'm saying do the complete opposite and realize that due to the way Hollywood is designed and has always been set up; you're going to have to make it happen yourself if you want to see some real change.

Tagg9

Do you actually have proof of this? I can't find anything.

It seems more likely that they had an open casting call, and simply ended up with a Caucasian actor because they make up such a large percentage of the population. FYI Asian-Americans only account for ~6% of the total population in the USA.

FWIW, I think Nat Wolff was horribly miscast in this, but that has nothing to do with race.

It seems more likely that they had an open casting call, and simply ended up with a Caucasian actor because they make up such a large percentage of the population. FYI Asian-Americans only account for ~6% of the total population in the USA.

FWIW, I think Nat Wolff was horribly miscast in this, but that has nothing to do with race.

This article has a bunch of quotes by this Asian actor, Edward Zo, who tried to audition for the part

Edward Zo made a youtube video detailing his experience, I'm pretty certain he's being truthful otherwise he could get blacklisted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxz2htgPiQ&t=598s

Open casting calls have breakdown on race/gender/age for roles, with a minority of roles being open to all race/ethnicity. Casting Directors, Directors, and Producers tend to have a vision on the look they want for each role, so they narrow it down otherwise they could be wasting time auditioning people who don't fit who they wanted in that role. and as we know time is money.

Tagg9

This article has a bunch of quotes by this Asian actor, Edward Zo, who tried to audition for the part

Ok, I'll grant that doesn't look good.

Unless one of the main themes of the movie is white/black racial tension in America, there's no justifiable reason not to at least allow non-white actors to audition.

duckroll

It's only bad if you think Light had to be Asian American.

Nah it's a bad look unless you feel that he very specifically had to be white. Which is to say the role is racial in nature. Is it? If not casting the widest possible net will give the people making it more options, including ones they might not have imagined.

It's a Japanese property, first of all. Japanese Americans makes up less than 1 percent of America. Asian Americans make up 5 percent. It would defeat the purpose for a Hollywood studio and production company to buy a Japanese property and adapt it to America only to then cast Asian leads; otherwise they might as well just leave the setting as is. That might sound fucked up, but that's the harsh reality. Unless a studio and production company were willing to take that risk, which as of now nobody seems willing to do.

I'm definitely not into telling Asian Americans or any marginalized group for that matter to sit down and wait their turn and remain quiet, If anything, I'm saying do the complete opposite and realize that due to the way Hollywood is designed and has always been set up; you're going to have to make it happen yourself if you want to see some real change.

The point of people calling Death Note out is that it's something they SHOULD be willing to do; there doesn't have to be only Asian leads, but, like, shit, how frequently do you think the lone Asian guy in the cast is realistically gonna show up onscreen?

I don't really buy the Ghost in the Shell argument that they needed Scarlett Johansson for the name value because they were originally going for Margot Robbie, but at least there's some kind of argument to be made there because it's supposed to be some big blockbuster movie, and the amount of risk for big-budget stuff tends to decrease the bigger that budget gets (and even then they still managed to populate a good chunk of their supporting cast with Asian actors). Death Note doesn't have that excuse. There is no "star power of Nat Wolff" argument here, and it's definitely not gonna be as expensive.

Whining about it on the Internet is probably not the most direct way to effect change, sure, but these criticisms have been answered before through similar means, and I don't see how this film should be above reproach.

Nah it's a bad look unless you feel that he very specifically had to be white. Which is to say the role is racial in nature. Is it? If not casting the widest possible net will give the people making it more options, including ones they might not have imagined.

So are you saying Casting Directors, Directors, and Producers can't envision what race they want their characters to be in the movie they're making? Do you know how long it would take if all roles auditioning where set to cast the widest possible net possible in America? Obviously it's going to be racially biased to White people due to Casting Directors, Directors, and Producers and Execs in Hollywood being predominately White.

The point of people calling Death Note out is that it's something they SHOULD be willing to do; there doesn't have to be only Asian leads, but, like, shit, how frequently do you think the lone Asian guy in the cast is realistically gonna show up onscreen?

I think Watari is going to have a decent role in the film like he did in the Anime.

I don't really buy the Ghost in the Shell argument that they needed Scarlett Johansson for the name value because they were originally going for Margot Robbie, but at least there's some kind of argument to be made there because it's supposed to be some big blockbuster movie, and the amount of risk for big-budget stuff tends to decrease the bigger that budget gets (and even then they still managed to populate a good chunk of their supporting cast with Asian actors). Death Note doesn't have that excuse. There is no "star power of Nat Wolff" argument here, and it's definitely not gonna be as expensive.
Well perhaps that's why Warner Brothers got cold feet going forward with the Death Note film during production and made a deal and sold it to Netflix. Also you should watch this informative video on how movies get funded, which could also factor into why Asian Americans continue to not be cast as leads since they're aren't any Asian American stars, and yes I realize it's a cyclical problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWP88WKVBKs

Whining about it on the Internet is probably not the most direct way to effect change, sure, but these criticisms have been answered before through similar means, and I don't see how this film should be above reproach.

The problem is unless things are happening to bring about change, we'll be having this conversation 5 to 10 years from now, wondering why the casting of Asian Americans in American films hasn't changed much.

duckroll

So are you saying Casting Directors, Directors, and Producers can't envision what race they want their characters to be in the movie they're making? Do you know how long it would take if all roles auditioning where set to cast the widest possible net possible in America? Obviously it's going to be racially biased to White people due to Casting Directors, Directors, and Producers and Execs in Hollywood being predominately White.

No I'm saying if they do they should have a good reason for it that benefits the production artistically. Are you pretending that there are no casting calls which have non-racial in nature? Because that happens al the time. And no, it doesn't take forever because there is actually a really small pool of minorities who would get to the audition point in an open casting, if any do at all. Just because the option is open, doesn't mean they even get to audition. Most of the time they know what sort of actor they want, whether they say so or not. Yet there are always examples of how the casting pool can surprise you if you're open to just looking at a few more tapes. Sometimes you imagine someone as a generic white character, and someone really impresses you with a take you didn't think of. That is the option that should be left open.

Wouldn't Light "the best student in the country" also be a stereotype if they cast an Asian American? Because Asians are smart getit? The problem with doing adaptations of foreign properties like this is there's no way to get around that shit. My solution is just be as diverse in your casting as you can.

No I'm saying if they do they should have a good reason for it that benefits the production artistically. Are you pretending that there are no casting calls which have non-racial in nature? Because that happens al the time. And no, it doesn't take forever because there is actually a really small pool of minorities who would get to the audition point in an open casting, if any do at all. Just because the option is open, doesn't mean they even get to audition. Most of the time they know what sort of actor they want, whether they say so or not. Yet there are always examples of how the casting pool can surprise you if you're open to just looking at a few more tapes. Sometimes you imagine someone as a generic white character, and someone really impresses you with a take you didn't think of. That is the option that should be left open.

I already acknowledged non racial role auditions in films and they're in the minority of role breakdowns.

Obviously I agree, but your talking about an incredibly white institution where the default to White has been the template for Hollywood films since it's inception.

duckroll

Obviously I agree, but your talking about an incredibly white institution where the default to White has been the template for Hollywood films since it's inception.

If you agree why are you insisting that I am suggesting that Light has to be Asian American? I have no problems with Light being a white person, but I feel that it is a shitty move if they did turn Asian Americans away from auditions with race as the excuse. That's crap because Light could be sort of American. The point is the exploration of potential.

LotusHD

Banned
Wouldn't Light "the best student in the country" also be a stereotype if they cast an Asian American? Because Asians are smart getit? The problem with doing adaptations of foreign properties like this is there's no way to get around that shit. My solution is just be as diverse in your casting as you can.

This kinda reminds me of people worrying of the implications of an Asian Iron Fist, because of the stereotype of all Asians knowing kung-fu, and seeing that as being just as problematic as keeping Iron Fist white. But from my view, I feel like it's a false equivalency to try and equate that to the issue of making Light white for the adaptation, and that good writing would make that a trivial concern regardless.

And even then, it's a lot harder to get upset over something like that considering the original source. I mean, some might get upset, but imo they'd have less of a leg to stand on.

If you agree why are you insisting that I am suggesting that Light has to be Asian American? I have no problems with Light being a white person, but I feel that it is a shitty move if they did turn Asian Americans away from auditions with race as the excuse. That's crap because Light could be sort of American. The point is the exploration of potential.

They turned away other races too for that role, just like they turned away other races for the role of L if they determined they wanted a Black guy for it.

Does a stereotype bother you more than a minority not being cast again? And Light would clearly be more than just a stereotype if he was Asian.

Except nowhere have we read or heard that

That's why I said if? Which I wouldn't be surprised happened, because it seems to be a creative decision that fits within the vision of the director/producer and perhaps even in the themes of the film. Also movie roles are much more tied to race in role breakdowns than they are on TV, hence why TV has made way more major strides on diversity recently. Even Edwards Zo's rant goes into it as well as decades of other minorities complaining about race/role breakdowns.

This kinda reminds me of people worrying of the implications of an Asian Iron Fist, because of the stereotype of all Asians knowing kung-fu, and seeing that as being just as problematic as keeping Iron Fist white. But from my view, I feel like it's a false equivalency to try and equate that to the issue of making Light white for the adaptation, and that good writing would make that a trivial concern regardless.

And even then, it's a lot harder to get upset over something like that considering the original source. I mean, some might get upset, but imo they'd have less of a leg to stand on.

So should every anime adaptation have to have an Asian American lead? I don't know that just seems kind of asinine and not even in the sense that it would avoid white washing. I mean does it bug you that L is black and also not Asian? Or every character in this movie not being Asian? When you Americanize something especially when it takes place in America, you're going to have to take liberties with the source material in that regard. If you're just not going to cast minority characters in the movie though that's when there's a problem.

LotusHD

Banned
So should every anime adaptation have to have an Asian American lead? I don't know that just seems kind of asinine and not even in the sense that it would avoid white washing. I mean does it bug you that L is black and also not Asian? Or every character in this movie not being Asian? When you Americanize something especially when it takes place in America, you're going to have to take liberties with the source material in that regard. If you're just not going to cast minority characters in the movie though that's when there's a problem.

Huh? All I said was your example of worrying about the stereotype of Asian Americans being smart is a false equivalency to people being dismayed at this movie not having an Asian lead despite the source material giving them a clear opportunity to do so...

Huh? All I said was your example of worrying about the stereotype of Asian Americans being smart is a false equivalency to people being dismayed at this movie not having an Asian lead despite the source material giving them a clear opportunity to do so...

I agree about the disingenuous worrying about perpetuating Asian American stereotypes that's brought up when a White person is cast as the lead.

However why hasn't anybody addressed my critique of Asian American producers and directors not casting Asian American leads like this film?

Oh pity the poor casting director that need waste his time on auditioning silly uppity minorities thinking they could rise above their station in life.

Light being turned into a white guy makes sense for an American adaptation. Light's a privileged kid who slips under the public's radar. That sort of character being white in America makes sense. An Asian-American or person of colour would most likely be put under a lot more suspicion and scrutiny as soon as anything goes down because things are shitty like that. Curious as to why this Light's kills are more extravagant though. Is the idea that an increase in cardiac arrests would be harder to notice in the west?

Casting aside, I did not expect to see a high school in this trailer. Please don't Dragonball Evolution this, guys.

duckroll

They made L black?

There are so many layers to that shit lol

I think it's pretty interesting. Not only is he black, but they retained a lot of his weird characterizations from the original, and they gave him this street/hoodie look. Could work, could be really awkward, We'll see.

to be honest. i wouldn't cast this dork either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxz2htgPiQ

lmao. but still, it's pretty awful of them to have a hard-line no asians for the lead policy. fuck that.

btw everybody should keep an eye out for this movie:
Columbus

starring John Cho. it got pretty good reviews at Sundance. but more importantly its directed by an asian, and starring an Asian actor (opposite a white female lead). and its basically an indie drama/comedy based on every day situations that you typically never see involving people of colour.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
to be honest. i wouldn't cast this dork either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxz2htgPiQ

lmao. but still, it's pretty awful of them to have a hard-line no asians for the lead policy. fuck that.

That's pretty crazy.
Netflix adapted this thing because they did their research into how well and who viewed the anime on Netflix. Maybe they figured the majority of these folks watch white lead TV shows and movies, so they had to have this policy in place for the lead character.

Joni

They made L black?

There are so many layers to that shit lol

It could be quite interesting if they go for a black versus white dynamic. Light the white upstanding teenager, son of a police chief versus the loner black kid L that works in a system that is opposed to black kids. You could make an observation on American society. They very likely won't, but it could work.

-Plasma Reus-

It could be quite interesting if they go for a black versus white dynamic. Light the white upstanding teenager, son of a police chief versus the loner black kid L that works in a system that is opposed to black kids. You could make an observation on American society. They very likely won't, but it could work.

Yea, if they're clever they would go that route.

That's pretty crazy.
Netflix adapted this thing because they did their research into how well and who viewed the anime on Netflix. Maybe they figured the majority of these folks watch white lead TV shows and movies, so they had to have this policy in place for the lead character.

Netflix had nothing to do with it, they bought the rights and production as is from Warner Brothers with the Director Adam Wingard already attached and Nat Wolff and Margaret Qualley already cast as Light and Mia, respectively.

-Plasma Reus-

It's bullshit to have a 'no asian lead' clause.
I mean, unless they are going to make a point about Light's privilege as a rich white kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom