• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Arthur and the Invisibles (Family)
Chocolate City: Vegas Strip (Drama)
Hot Property (Comedy)
Lost Herederos (Drama, Foreign)
Mission Control: The Unsung Heroes of Apollo (Doc, Historical)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

20 Minutes Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
21 (Drama)
A New Economy (Doc, Social)
An Off-Day Game (Indie, Drama)
Banking on Bitcoin (Doc, Cultural)
Barbecue (TV, Doc, Food)
Brad Paisley's Comedy Rodeo (Standup, Netflix Original)
Changing Seas Season 7 (TV, Doc, Nature)
Exclusive Edition Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Goon (Comedy)
Little Witch Academia Season 2 (TV, Anime, Netflix Original)
Million Yen Women Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Murderous Affairs Season 1 (TV, Doc, Crime)
My Ex-Ex (Comedy, Romantic)
New Frontier Season 2 (TV, Doc, Science)
Panam y Circo Season 1 (TV, Kids, Foreign)
Persona Season 1 (TV, Drama, Crime, Foreign)
Six Feet High (Drama, Foreign)
The Outcasts (Comedy)
The Sweet Life (Romantic, Comedy)
We're No Animals (Indie, Comedy, Foreign)
Urban Hymm (Drama)

ive been watching Men on a Mission https://g.co/kgs/aNZTu2

p14356176_b_v8_aa.jpg

cant stop laughing my ass off, slept almost at 1am laughing like crazy watching this last night

Finished Atypical last night It seemed short but it was very solid.

I've been watching a little of the matrix trilogy each night. The big fight scene in reloaded with the agent smiths still stands up. Pretty well done scene imo.

Xisiqomelir

Hey guys I've had a historical drama binge craving for around a month now.

Right off the bat, not a fan of Downton Abbey. Loathe Merlin. Quite enjoy GOT.

I thought Versailles was great, Marco Polo was ok with just a few low points, and dropped Reign 10 minutes into S1E1.

Heard good things about Vikings, anyone have something else to recommend?

Hey guys I've had a historical drama binge craving for around a month now.

Right off the bat, not a fan of Downton Abbey. Loathe Merlin. Quite enjoy GOT.

I thought Versailles was great, Marco Polo was ok with just a few low points, and dropped Reign 10 minutes into S1E1.

Heard good things about Vikings, anyone have something else to recommend?

The Last Kingdom is great. Peaky Blinders is decent but very slow.

And Wolf Hall is fantastic but I think it's just on Amazon Prime on the moment but I really loved that one.

EDIT: Oh and Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel is really great too but it's more fantasy set in a 1700s type setting. It's really good though.

Xisiqomelir

The Last Kingdom is great. Peaky Blinders is decent but very slow.

And Wolf Hall is fantastic but I think it's just on Amazon Prime on the moment but I really loved that one.

EDIT: Oh and Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel is really great too but it's more fantasy set in a 1700s type setting. It's really good though.

Thanks for the reccs, will add them all to the list.

Vikings is wonderful, devoured S1 already.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Dinotrux Season 5 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Glitter Force Doki Doki Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
I Am Sam (Drama)
NatureVision TV Collection 3 (TV, Nature)
Norsemen Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
The Defenders Season 1 (TV, Action, Netflix Original)
What Happened to Monday (Thriller, SciFi, Netflix Original)
White Gold Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)

neoanarch

What Happened to Monday is really good. A lot darker than I expected. But a definite Orphan Black vibe to it.

Spanish shows. Cable Girls is really interesting.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Will she be doing original Netflix programing or was the deal for her existing network shows?

Moreover, is she starting a studio for Netflix, or is it going to be more perpetually renewable exclusive content?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Moreover, is she starting a studio for Netflix, or is it going to be more perpetually renewable exclusive content?

Her production company Shondaland will essentially now be operating as a division of Netflix's in-house studio.

Her existing Shondaland shows for ABC will remain there (Grey's, Scandal, HTGAWM, For the People, and the new Grey's spinoff) but all future Shondaland shows will be Netflix exclusive for as long as her new deal lasts (currently 4 years, but it could be renewed and/or extended).

neoanarch

I'm a fan of defenders so far, half done. They should have done more than 8 episodes though.
Nah it was great at 8 episodes.

One complaint I have is that DDs2, Iron Fist and Defenders all felt way too similar. I hope DD goes back to the tone of the amazing first season. There is an edited final scene floating around which reminded me how great DDs1 truly is. It really is the best Marvel/Netflix show.

Her production company Shondaland will essentially now be operating as a division of Netflix's in-house studio.

Her existing Shondaland shows for ABC will remain there (Grey's, Scandal, HTGAWM, For the People, and the new Grey's spinoff) but all future Shondaland shows will be Netflix exclusive for as long as her new deal lasts (currently 4 years, but it could be renewed and/or extended).
Will her Shondaland team still work on those ABC shows or does ABC need to staff those shows (i.e. they own the rights but do they now own handling the writing)?

If Shondaland owns both, then the possibility of her putting the A team on the Netflix stuff must be a concern for ABC.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Will her Shondaland team still work on those ABC shows or does ABC need to staff those shows (i.e. they own the rights but do they now own handling the writing)?

If Shondaland owns both, then the possibility of her putting the A team on the Netflix stuff must be a concern for ABC.

Yes. ABC has exclusive overall deals with the showrunners of Grey's, Scandal, etc. so those teams will all remain with ABC.

If Shonda wants to make a new show for Netflix, she'll have to hire a new team of writers and stuff (which would have already been the case even if she had stuck with ABC because every show is done by a different set of people).

Yes. ABC has exclusive overall deals with the showrunners of Grey's, Scandal, etc. so those teams will all remain with ABC.

If Shonda wants to make a new show for Netflix, she'll have to hire a new team of writers and stuff (which would have already been the case even if she had stuck with ABC because every show is done by a different set of people).

Cool. Thanks for the info. My wife watches Grey's religiously, and in fact just spent a good chunk of her summer re-watching it from S1E1. She was worried the Grey's team would be pulled off to work on Netflix stuff.

fenners

Cool. Thanks for the info. My wife watches Grey's religiously, and in fact just spent a good chunk of her summer re-watching it from S1E1. She was worried the Grey's team would be pulled off to work on Netflix stuff.

Are we married to the same person?? :( Seriously, my wife watches it on loop like that - it's the go-to "background noise" she puts on whenever she's at home.

Top Bottom