• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Black Site Delta (Action)
Denis Leary: No Cure for Cancer (Standup)
Flatball: A History of Ultimate (Doc, Sports)
Nat King Cole: Afraid of the Dark (Doc, Bio)
The Transfiguration (Horror, Vampire)

Slacker

Felt like watching something last night, so I fired up the ol' internet thinking maybe something heavy I want to catch up on like The Americans or The Leftovers, ended up watching the first episode of MST3K the return and laughing myself silly instead.

Atypical tomorrow. Looks OK but I don't think I stomach Michael Rappaport.

tomtom94

About ~$50 million for each of the first two seasons, so not terribly.

Which is like a quarter of the budget for The Get Down.

Get Down shouldn't have been that expensive though, they had production problems like firing the original showrunner. And I think it's closer to half.

berzeli

Banned
Get Down shouldn't have been that expensive though, they had production problems like firing the original showrunner. And I think it's closer to half.
The Get Down ended up at about $192 million for 12 episodes ($16 million per episode)
The Crown is about $100 million for 20 episodes ($5 million per episode)

So as it turns out, neither of us were correct, it's actually about a third. Next time I should probably do the math before posting, but in my defence, it's been a long and really tiring day.
is the Crown good? never seen anyone talk about it around these parts (as in, on gaf)
Yes, but the target audience is not that which posts on GAF hence relatively little buzz here.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Netflix Canada, price increase incoming:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/10/netflix-monthly-subscription-price-increase-canada/

Old: $7.99 Basic, $9.99 Standard, $11.99 Premium
New: $8.99 Basic, $10.99 Standard, $13.99 Premium

Netflix is increasing the price of its monthly subscription cost in Canada to $8.99 for the Basic plan, $10.99 for the Standard plan and $13.99 for the Premium offering. It’s important to note that this price increase will affect both new and current Canadian subscribers.

Pretty shit since the content still pales in comparison to what's available in the US.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does Amazon still own the streaming rights? That was the reason they didn't pick it up in the first place.

That must be a US thing because Hannibal is on my region's Netflix.

How could they not renew glow. They'd be insane.

Also, I am ready to get naked and by that I mean watch naked, and by that I don't mean netflix and chill, I mean watch naked marlon wayne, and by that I don't mean.......

edit:
Oh damn, it's 8/11 and it's not up yet. When do they normally put new stuff up?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How could they not renew glow. They'd be insane.

Also, I am ready to get naked and by that I mean watch naked, and by that I don't mean netflix and chill, I mean watch naked marlon wayne, and by that I don't mean.......

edit:
Oh damn, it's 8/11 and it's not up yet. When do they normally put new stuff up?

8am uk time so in 1 hour

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ugh. PS4 app is unusable with the stupid auto previews and stock music. Why are you playing me a preview if I haven't clicked on the title yet?!

Luckily the roku app doesn't appear to have been updated with this shit design yet. Are the apps all moving toward this "feature"?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Atypical Season 1 (TV, Drama, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Chocolate (Comedy, Romantic, Foreign)
Demonic (Horror, Supernatural)
Desierto (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
Diary of an Exorcist - Zero (Horror, Foreign)
Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh Season 3 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Naked (Comedy, Netflix Original)
Rama Rama Re (Drama, Foreign)
Superstar (Drama, Foreign)
The Saint (Action, Thriller)
True and the Rainbow Kingdom Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

Netflix Inc (NFLX.O) is in "active discussions" with Walt Disney Co (DIS.N) about keeping Marvel and "Star Wars" films after 2019 when new Disney and Pixar movies will stop appearing on the streaming service, a senior Netflix executive said on Thursday.

Disney Chief Executive Bob Iger told analysts the company had not yet decided where it would distribute superhero films from Marvel Studios and movies from "Star Wars" producer Lucasfilm, which Disney owns, at that time.

Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos told Reuters "we are still in active discussions" with Disney about the possibility of securing a deal to retain the rights to stream Marvel and Lucasfilm releases on Netflix after 2019.

Aiii

So not worth it
Looks like it's getting mixed reviews.

You'd think a show that makes an autistic character the protagonist rather than part of a supporting cast would have led to a deeper, more nuanced portrayal, but you'd be wrong. Sam's character is far less fleshed out than Abed on Community or Moss on The IT Crowd. Honestly, even Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory feels like less of a caricature of a socially awkward person than Sam does, which is really saying something.
http://www.avclub.com/review/more-atypical-tries-get-autism-right-more-things-g-259271

Added today:

The Saint (Action, Thriller

Oh man this would be a perfect movie for HDTGM. I watched this so much as a kid. Even owned the soundtrack which probably was what kicked off my love for techno.

EDIT: Man this soundtrack was legit - Orbital, Sneaker Pimps, Moby, The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, David Bowie.

berzeli

Banned
Oh man this would be a perfect movie for HDTGM. I watched this so much as a kid. Even owned the soundtrack which probably was what kicked off my love for techno.

EDIT: Man this soundtrack was legit - Orbital, Sneaker Pimps, Moby, The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, David Bowie.
If it is the same one that was added in the Nordics, it is the garbage 2016(?) TV pilot turned into a film.
It's not the garbage Val Kilmer film.

Top Bottom